Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,079 members, 7,811,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (543) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356681 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 8:44pm On Aug 12, 2020
Phenomenalopeye:
lol � I'm not friends with him on Facebook, but do you think that's a good way to test authenticity? I have 2 FB accts one i created while I was in jss2 another I created in ss1 so I can simply change my FB name details, and upload a picture of my pastor, even if you want to meet me& pastor in person, i could come with him or even ask my dad's apprentice to come with me dressed like a pastor, I guess you'd ask for his certificate of baptism � lol I don't think that's a good way to test authenticity, bro I'm ready to defend myself.

If u want to help me pls kindly do, ok I'm sorry let me ask if the college that admitted asked you sir, to prove the authenticity of your essays LORS and all that got you admitted pls will u gain admission?

I totally understand u though, the world is full of scammers and fake ppl. Pls if you want to help me kindly, if otherwise it's doesn't affect my future rather it's make me stronger more confident and bold.

The person that asked for your FB account is not dumb. He knows how he would verify you.

your last sentence is never how you ask for help from someone that knows nothing about you and is not obligated to help you.

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phenomenalopeye: 8:45pm On Aug 12, 2020
Geewin69:

Is this one normal? shocked
I'm not I've been enveloped in my dreams writing with my bleeding pen.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Angelacruz: 8:47pm On Aug 12, 2020
Friedpotato:
Yes yes yes we know the advantages of studying in the US that is why we are here in the first place.

Personally from my experience. I would say don't give up. Take the SAT first. The person that advises you above, advised you according to his experience. Not to contradict all the truth he said but i've seen
a different experience. I know people that had nothing but got full ride. One got into Minerva with 70k+/year scholarship and Minerva called the US embassy to put him on the opportunity funds program after the deadline of application has passed. One got full ride to Franklin and Marshall, another to Rochester, another to Fisk.

Anything can happen, Just take the SAT first. If you get a full ride, good. If you don't get, then you'd continue here.
pls can I send you a pm?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 8:47pm On Aug 12, 2020
Phenomenalopeye:

Thanks, for the correction bro, for now, I may be financially poor but I'm not intellectually poor thanks for the correction biggie!

No matter the circumstances I'm always ready to face it, I'm never giving up on my US dreams, with or without support!
And all this doesn't affect me in any I'm always strong, and I'll always be. I attend classes sometimes with empty stomach but the grace of God has been always sufficient for me.

I'm not in any way negatively affected by the comment of any nairalander on this thread, if u should experience a week in life you'll definitely understand the challenges life posses to me!

I will always dream big, aim for the peak, so I can make it!

"If you should experience a week in life you'll definitely understand the challenges life posses to me".

In life?

Which 'life' have you experienced at age16?

There are people in their late 20s and 30s here, some reading this conversation and probably already considering approaching you to assist, yet you come here and consistently spill arrogant jargons.

Please o, is it the same brain that wrote all this and the ones before that produced the so-called stellar academic performances, and that wants to be the next Elon Musk?

I want to know.

P.S.: The way you talk to people who you need help from is appalling man. You need to watch it.

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Angelacruz: 8:50pm On Aug 12, 2020
fairheart:
Sure
pls sir can I pm you?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phenomenalopeye: 8:50pm On Aug 12, 2020
Friedpotato:

The person that asked for your FB account is not dumb. He knows how he would verify you.

your last sentence is never how you ask for help from someone that knows nothing about you and is not obligated to help you.
Ok sir thank you ❣️for the correction

I'm just a little boy bold, confident and enthusiastic.
My classmates call me D'gun because I'm fearless, how I wish I could meet everyone on this thread in person, you'd definitely see that I'm confident, I'd say things without the fear of loosing, I'm a core member of the students representative council, where I fight for the comfort of my peers !
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phenomenalopeye: 8:52pm On Aug 12, 2020
Geewin69:

"If you should experience a week in life you'll definitely understand the challenges life posses to me".

In life?

Which 'life' have you experienced at age16?

There are people in their late 20s and 30s here, some reading this conversation and probably already considering approaching you to assist, yet you come here and consistently spill arrogant jargons.

Please o, is it the same brain that wrote all this and the ones before that produced the so-called stellar academic performances, and that wants to be the next Elon Musk?

I want to know.

P.S.: The way you talk to people who you need help from is appalling man. You need to watch it.
Ok sir thank you ❣️, but I think experiencing life is not by age but by how much you have encountered, pls I don't want to start shedding tears while typing.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 8:53pm On Aug 12, 2020
Phenomenalopeye:

My classmates call me D'gun because I'm fearless, how I wish I could meet everyone on this thread in person, you'd definitely see that I'm confident, I'd say things without the fear of loosing, I'm a core member of the students representative council, where I fight for the comfort of my peers !

Impressive. Include it in your SOI.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RemarkableMind: 8:53pm On Aug 12, 2020
Angelacruz:
hii..pls how much did it cost you to process everything??Thanks
I applied to 2 schools, application fee was $75 each.
paid eShipGlobal 35K
Visa fee: 59, 200 but now 70K plus
I paid my sevis of $200 before Trump changed the price, now $350
Reciprocity fee 41K
Emirate Flight 420K
I traveled with $1500 cash

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 8:59pm On Aug 12, 2020
Look Bros, you've made this thread about yourself and it is time for you to move on. People raise thousands of dollars to fund their dreams. A lady raised such just this year to fund her Harvard dreams. If you are sure of yourself and also legit, humanize yourself. Create a GoFundMe page or something, tell your story, people do it everyday. This is a faceless forum and you are taking advantage of it, I wonder the kind of 16-year old you are.
You have asked for money for application fee, SAT registration, you even asked for money to change your phone. Two different people in your life want you to raise part of your the money you need before they can help you, one wants you to raise 50k for SAT so he can help you with 35k for passport. I dont get it. That is kind of a thing you say to an overgrown wayward baby who is failing academically. In your case, you are not right?Look, you are not special, not your WAEC result, not your so-called awards. Maybe your dream is special and that is if you are legit.
It is time for you to humanize yourself like I said. Even on Facebook, we raised law school tuition for a fresh university graduate who can't afford it. But you are here on a faceless forum crying wolf. If you are really 16,
I pity people that will have deals with you in future
Phenomenalopeye:

I'm not I've been enveloped in my dreams writing with my bleeding pen.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phenomenalopeye: 8:59pm On Aug 12, 2020
Geewin69:

Impressive. Include it in your SOI.
Bro thanks, but I know I'm not perfect I've got my weakness and flaws, but I'm not trying to be arrogant, my spirit of poetry has just landed upon me.

Pls anyone that wants to help me should accept me with my flaws!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phenomenalopeye: 9:08pm On Aug 12, 2020
sonofakin:
Look Bros, you've made this thread about yourself and it is time for you to move on. People raise thousands of dollars to fund their dreams. A lady raised such just this year to fund her Harvard dreams. If you are sure of yourself and also legit, humanize yourself. Create a GoFundMe page or something, tell your story, people do it everyday. This is a faceless forum and you are taking advantage of it, I wonder the kind of 16-year old you are.
You have asked for money for application fee, SAT registration, you even asked for money to change your phone. Two different people in your life want you to raise part of your the money you need before they can help you, one wants you to raise 50k for SAT so he can help you with 35k for passport. I dont get it. That is kind of a thing you say to an overgrown wayward baby who is failing academically. In your case, you are not right?Look, you are not special, not your WAEC result, not your so-called awards. Maybe your dream is special and that is if you are legit.
It is time for you to humanize yourself like I said. Even on Facebook, we raised law school tuition for a fresh university graduate who can't afford it. But you are here on a faceless forum crying wolf. If you are really 16,
I appreciate your correction, but don't judge me by the way I act I've got a good heart, I'm highly cooperative but I easily get annoyed though. GoFundMe isn't available in Nigeria, I can only use gifter and others but i don't want all the people around me to know what I'm up to, because I only know my friends I don't know the Judas among em. They'd definitely come across my campaign, i don't want that!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 9:15pm On Aug 12, 2020
It is your choice. Anyway, people express benevolence in different ways. Some will help without asking questions. You have told your story here. Maybe you will find help. You can tell people that want to help to contact you. Continue your preparation while seeking other avenues. But it is time for you to move on
Phenomenalopeye:

I appreciate your correction, but don't judge me by the way I act I've got a good heart, I'm highly cooperative but I easily get annoyed though. GoFundMe isn't available in Nigeria, I can only use gifter and others but i don't want all the people around me to know what I'm up to, because I only know my friends I don't know the Judas among em. They'd definitely come across my campaign, i don't want that!

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:17pm On Aug 12, 2020
Phenomenalopeye:

My classmates call me D'gun because I'm fearless, how I wish I could meet everyone on this thread in person, you'd definitely see that I'm confident, I'd say things without the fear of loosing, I' m a core member of the students representative council, where I fight for the comfort of my peers !

Phenomenalopeye:

Take it easy .... so you don't turn out to be someone who Success gets into their head. Those that once they reach America or achieve small success, the world wont rest and they think now everyone beneath them.

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 9:20pm On Aug 12, 2020
Phenomenalopeye:

Bro thanks, but I know I'm not perfect I've got my weakness and flaws, but I'm not trying to be arrogant, my spirit of poetry has just landed upon me.

It is not the spirit of poetry but emotional blackmailing. You want everybody to see you from the prism that you're suffering and facing challenges so all of us can rally round you and give our maximum support but it doesn't work like that. I that I'm typing this lost my mum when I was teen(js3), stay at home for three years b4 I went to uni, hustle(i write project, assignment and test for my classmate) to feed my self thru uni, currently serving I paid for passport from my first 3months allawee, paying for my GRE with the next three month and I'm paying for application fee with the next three months.

The essence of my story is nobody is obligatory to help you no matter the condition you're passing thru or what you've experienced in life and if you eventually get help be grateful and know how to talk in polite manner to your prospective helpers.

Moreover we all have a dream or dreams but the thin line btw having dream and turning it to reality is by cutting one's cloth according to his/her material. There is no law that said all u want to become cannot be achieves if you study ur undergraduate in Nigeria and graduate with good grade which we eventually qualify for PG admission in any IVY you want.
To me your dream is vague to you and there is a different between having a dream and knowing how to achieve it. You need to go back to your drawing board and have a concise step of how you wanna achieve your dream else you live the rest of your life in mirage.

Peace.....

19 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phenomenalopeye: 9:22pm On Aug 12, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Take it easy .... so you don't turn out to be someone who Success gets into their head. Those that once they reach America or achieve small success, the world wont rest and they think now everyone beneath them.
Thank u ma, seriously even if I don't get help from here, I've learnt alot here and I've gotten more experience and knowledge, i really appreciate my brothers and sisters here, thanks for making me understand the Dynamics of life, although I don't have anyone who advices like y'all have done

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phenomenalopeye: 9:25pm On Aug 12, 2020
horlahsunbo225:

It is not the spirit of poetry but emotional blackmailing. You want everybody to see you from the prism that you're suffering and facing challenges so all of us can rally round you and give our maximum support but it doesn't work like that. I that I'm typing this lost my mum when I was teen(js3), stay at home for three years b4 I went to uni, hustle(i write project, assignment and test for my classmate) to feed my self thru uni, currently serving I paid for passport from my first 3months allawee, paying for my GRE with the next three month and I'm paying for application fee with the next three months.

The essence of my story is nobody is obligatory to help you no matter the condition you're passing thru or what you've experienced in life and if you eventually get help be grateful and know how to talk in polite manner to your prospective helpers.

Moreover we all have a dream or dreams but the thin line btw having dream and turning it to reality is by cutting one's cloth according to his/her material. There is no law that said all u want to become cannot be achieves if you study ur undergraduate in Nigeria and graduate with good grade which we eventually qualify for PG admission in any IVY you want.
To me your dream is vague to you and there is a different between having a dream and knowing how to achieve it. You need to go back to your drawing board and have a concise step of how you wanna achieve your dream else you live the rest of your life in mirage.

Peace.....
Thanks for the 2cents, I'm sorry you lost your mum .

But u see, if I choose to do pursue my undergraduate degree, over here I don't think I can survive, handout today hostel fees tommorow, even how do I pay for projects or practicals, that would improve my grades, CV and pratical experience. my scholarship only covers tuition, and would be renewed every year, on the following criteria i need to maintain a GPA of not less than second class upper.
The problem of cultists,
EtC
Na me know wetin I face for secondary school.

But if I get admitted into a uni in the US, it's a win-win, a one time spending, no extra spending, highest I'll work on campus to feed myself.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 9:30pm On Aug 12, 2020
Something doesn't add up. Well.....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 9:32pm On Aug 12, 2020
Really it is all confusing...he needs to relax and patiently think through what to do.

sonofakin:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 9:34pm On Aug 12, 2020
I agree.

horlahsunbo225:

Peace.....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 9:38pm On Aug 12, 2020
I have been following your story. My advice like some others have pointed is to have a plan here also to pursue your first degree. And properly plan towards grad studies abroad. And if you insist on going abroad for your first degree according to your big dream, well you need a better way of handling the situation and approaching strangers for help. Also like someone said, you need to be able to tell your story coherently without muddling many things together.

You can still achieve whatever you want to achieve.

Phenomenalopeye:

Thanks, for the correction bro, for now, I may be financially poor but I'm not intellectually poor thanks for the correction biggie!

No matter the circumstances I'm always ready to face it, I'm never giving up on my US dreams, with or without support!
And all this doesn't affect me in any I'm always strong, and I'll always be. I attend classes sometimes with empty stomach but the grace of God has been always sufficient for me.

I'm not in any way negatively affected by the comment of any nairalander on this thread, if u should experience a week in life you'll definitely understand the challenges life posses to me!

I will always dream big, aim for the peak, so I can make it!

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phenomenalopeye: 9:43pm On Aug 12, 2020
Eniolakiite:
I have been following your story. My advice like some others have pointed is to have a plan here also to pursue your first degree. And properly plan towards grad studies abroad. And if you insist on going abroad for your first degree according to your big dream, well you need a better way of handling the situation and approaching strangers for help. Also like someone said, you need to be able to tell your story coherently without muddling many things together.

You can still achieve whatever you want to achieve.

Thanks, pls can you help me out?
How do I contact the education USA or any order related organization that can help me out?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 9:45pm On Aug 12, 2020
These things you mentioned also have their equivalent abroad. Nowhere is paradise. And it is not always greener on the other side. There is racism, killings and all in that abroad... You have to maintain high grades here too to keep most funding opportunities, your stipend might not be enough, bills here and there, your funding might get cut short. Uncertainty is part of life no matter where one is. Being realistic is very essential as a human being.

Phenomenalopeye:

Thanks for the 2cents, I'm sorry you lost your mum .

But u see, if I choose to do pursue my undergraduate degree, over here I don't think I can survive, handout today hostel fees tommorow, even how do I pay for projects or practicals, that would improve my grades, CV and pratical experience. my scholarship only covers tuition, and would be renewed every year, on the following criteria i need to maintain a GPA of not less than second class upper.
The problem of cultists,
EtC
Na me know wetin I face for secondary school.

But if I get admitted into a uni in the US, it's a win-win, a one time spending, no extra spending, highest I'll work on campus to feed myself.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phenomenalopeye: 9:47pm On Aug 12, 2020
Nairalanders, if I'm not passionate I wouldn't spend this much time typing and asking questions, pls help me fufill my dreams, I'm sorry for disturbing y'all.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 9:59pm On Aug 12, 2020
It's high time we stopped. For three pages now we've made this thread about you. E Don do. Abeg who wan help am make e help am.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 10:01pm On Aug 12, 2020
horlahsunbo225:

Peace.....
my brother, if everybody con start to dey yarn their different Tori for nairaland, you go know wetin dey sup.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BrTune: 10:03pm On Aug 12, 2020
Hi guys,

Any idea if US embassy is currently issuing visas to students, despite the lockdown?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:06pm On Aug 12, 2020
Eniolakiite:
These things you mentioned also have their equivalent abroad. Nowhere is paradise. And it is not always greener on the other side. There is racism, killings and all in that abroad...

You have to maintain high grades here too to keep most funding opportunities, your stipend might not be enough, bills here and there, your funding might get cut short. Uncertainty is part of life no matter where one is. Being realistic is very essential as a human being.

@bold On point ..... some people have misconceptions that there money free abroad or that those there have a smooth ride all the time

Even with full tuition, there might still be room and board to worry about . The hustle is real worldwide

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Aderin0la: 10:06pm On Aug 12, 2020
Please can we move on from this topic!

5 pages gone already; everyone here has read your story Ope. Whoever is led to help, would help in whichever way they can. Dragging it on and on would make people get tired , and possibly stop reading a post that has your name on it (e.g me)...

Moreover some of your responses have been a little bit rude; but I’ll blame it on your desperation. I don’t have much myself, but you can send me a mail later. I’ll support with the little (just a token) I can when you’re ready to get your INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT (The pastors story doesn’t seem feasible). Plus I believe that’s what you need first, even before SAT.

Just drop this topic please.

Phenomenalopeye:
Nairalanders, if I'm not passionate I wouldn't spend this much time typing and asking questions, pls help me fufill my dreams, I'm sorry for disturbing y'all.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BiafranDel: 10:06pm On Aug 12, 2020
Sanity and decorum should be restored to this thread please Justwise.

Who be this boy wey dey make noise up and down.

You think you are the only one that loves to school in US.

Unfortunately not everyone has the money to fulfil the dream so we are just patient and waiting for the right time. .... Going there for Masters on scholarship.

Stay there and be hoping for one father Christmas to fulfil your pipe dreams of being an undergraduate student in the US.

See, I am a Uniben undergraduate going to 300level, right now I'm trying my best to graduate with a first class so getting a scholarship and admission will be easier for me when I'm done with BSC. At the same time, I'm saving money so as to have enough after my graduation to pursue my American education dream(Register for GRE, Ielts and the rest)

I hate to say it but young man, you are derailing the thread with your pipe dreams please.
I'm poor, I'm this, I'm that. Who e concern

Abeg go and buy jamb form, finish your undergraduate here and plan to fulfil your dreams of schooling abroad by going for Master's.

13 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 10:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
Exactly

I wish more people were completely honest about how things are with studying and living abroad. And I wish more people are open to the honest truth.

LagosismyHome:

@bold On point ..... some people have misconceptions that there money free abroad or that those there have a smooth ride all the time

Even with full tuition, there might still be room and board to worry about

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SoccerUSA(m): 10:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
Phenomenalopeye:

Bro, Your very first step Is to get a passport before seeking for help to register for SAT at least you won't tender your secondary ID to proctor/s.
Just give yourself a year gap plan towards May/Oct/Dec 2020 SAT date.
During this 1-year gap get jobs and save whatever you can doing that your pastor will know you have shown some effort, he might add up to whatever you have and help you get your passport. At the moment you have your passport at hand help will come.

(1) (2) (3) ... (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.