Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,105 members, 7,811,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (544) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356737 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BiafranDel: 10:13pm On Aug 12, 2020
I have been a silent reader because I know I have about 2 more years before I start my own process so I read the experiences of others so I will be prepared when the time comes for me.

Even your mouth sef no good for people to help.

Just drop your shenanigans and let the thread flow please.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 10:15pm On Aug 12, 2020
Exactly, many people had their undergrad in Nigeria and went to US for grad studies and are doing great.

In life, no one has it all easy and its better to face reality early instead of wasting time or getting frustrated.

BiafranDel:
Sanity and decorum should be restored to this thread please Justwise.

Who be this boy wey dey make noise up and down.

You think you are the only one that loves to school in US.

Unfortunately not everyone has the money to fulfil the dream so we are just patient and waiting for the right time. .... Going there for Masters on scholarship.

Stay there and be hoping for one father Christmas to fulfil your pipe dreams of being an undergraduate student in the US.

See, I am a Uniben undergraduate going to 300level, right now I'm trying my best to graduate with a first class so getting a scholarship and admission will be easier for me when I'm done with BSC. At the same time, I'm saving money so as to have enough after my graduation to pursue my American education dream(Register for GRE, Ielts and the rest)

I hate to say it but young man, you are derailing the thread with your pipe dreams please.
I'm poor, I'm this, I'm that. Who e concern

Abeg go and buy jamb form, finish your undergraduate here and plan to fulfil your dreams of schooling abroad by going for Master's.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 10:35pm On Aug 12, 2020
Eniolakiite:
Something doesn't add up. Well.....
I'm beginning to think in the same direction grin. There's something not adding up

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lifeisforliving: 10:36pm On Aug 12, 2020
PLEASE DOES ANY ONE KNOW THE EARLIEST APPOINTMENT DATE ON THE WEBSITE
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RemarkableMind: 10:41pm On Aug 12, 2020
Lifeisforliving:
PLEASE DOES ANY ONE KNOW THE EARLIEST APPOINTMENT DATE ON THE WEBSITE
Embassy is closed for now, so no appointment date yet.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 10:44pm On Aug 12, 2020
Phenomenalopeye:

I'm not I've been enveloped in my dreams writing with my bleeding pen.
As a fresh high school graduate, you should've written your Jamb right? Or you didn't write it? Please focus on having your undergraduate study here in Nigeria as people mentioned. Use the same passion you're talking about to get a good grade while also planning for your postgraduate studies abroad close to your final year. Only you can truly help yourself. Why US if I may ask? Why not other countries?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RemarkableMind: 10:48pm On Aug 12, 2020
Phenomenalopeye:
Nairalanders, if I'm not passionate I wouldn't spend this much time typing and asking questions, pls help me fufill my dreams, I'm sorry for disturbing y'all.
Young man, I don't think we have anybody here less than 16 years old. Even this your 16 years old self, I doubt am.
Even people who are old enough to give birth to you advise, yet you are not listening but you are doing stubborn head.
I will not comment on your case again angry

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BiafranDel: 10:51pm On Aug 12, 2020
Eniolakiite:
Exactly, many people had their undergrad in Nigeria and went to US for grad studies and are doing great.

In life, no one has it all easy and its better to face reality early instead of wasting time or getting frustrated.

Yes my sister.

Funny when I finished secondary school, I was 16. I used to fantasize about studying in Harvard too.
Assuming I entered the university immediately after my secondary school, I would have graduated 2 years ago at age 21. Probably by now, I would have started my own US student visa process.

But I had to hustle after secondary school, at a time T, I realised Bsc was actually more important for me based on the ambitions I have for myself.
I had to take Jamb and run to the University, by God's grace, age would still be on my side when I finish then I start my American Dream proper.

There are some situations in life, you don't need someone to advise you before you logically and realistically determine the right thing to do.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 11:13pm On Aug 12, 2020
Well written. And I must say well done smiley

BiafranDel:

Yes my sister.

Funny when I finished secondary school, I was 16. I used to fantasize about studying in Harvard too.
Assuming I entered the university immediately after my secondary school, I would have graduated 2 years ago at age 21. Probably by now, I would have started my own US student visa process.

But I had to hustle after secondary school, at a time T, I realised Bsc was actually more important for me based on the ambitions I have for myself.
I had to take Jamb and run to the University, by God's grace, age would still be on my side when I finish then I start my American Dream proper.

There are some situations in life, you don't need someone to advise you before you logically and realistically determine the right thing to do.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 11:14pm On Aug 12, 2020
Phenomenalopeye:

Thanks for the 2cents, I'm sorry you lost your mum .

But u see, if I choose to do pursue my undergraduate degree, over here I don't think I can survive, handout today hostel fees tommorow, even how do I pay for projects or practicals, that would improve my grades, CV and pratical experience. my scholarship only covers tuition, and would be renewed every year, on the following criteria i need to maintain a GPA of not less than second class upper.
The problem of cultists,
EtC
Na me know wetin I face for secondary school.

But if I get admitted into a uni in the US, it's a win-win, a one time spending, no extra spending, highest I'll work on campus to feed myself.
All thru my UG my CGPA didn't drip from 4. Despite all my side hustles. You that you're thinking of starting company with spaceX or Amazon must have a brain that think far and wide, left and right. I mentioned in my earlier post that I was writing assignment for my classmate, you also can ventured into that and it will cover substantial part of living expenses.
Moreover if you're brilliant and humble you classmate will surely be of help to you.
About the issue of cultist, me, geewin69, eniolakiite and the rest all studied in Nigeria and we didn't die so I believe you also can scale thru(I personally had over ten encounter with cultists and nothing happen)

Let me chip in this, count yourself lucky cos you have a scholarship during my UG (300level) when everywhere tight it was my younger sister than use her entire live saving to pay half of my school fees at the last hour.....what am I trying to say some of us didn't have any scholarship yet we came from a low background but we determined not to limit ourselves because of the circumstance.

I'm guessing you attended a private secondary cos you sound like botty to me.. smiley

13 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nostradamus1: 11:16pm On Aug 12, 2020
BiafranDel:
Sanity and decorum should be restored to this thread please Justwise.

Who be this boy wey dey make noise up and down.

You think you are the only one that loves to school in US.

Unfortunately not everyone has the money to fulfil the dream so we are just patient and waiting for the right time. .... Going there for Masters on scholarship.

Stay there and be hoping for one father Christmas to fulfil your pipe dreams of being an undergraduate student in the US.

See, I am a Uniben undergraduate going to 300level, right now I'm trying my best to

My hall4lor broda , greeting
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by UgwuanyiM: 11:18pm On Aug 12, 2020
Good evening to you all,
Please I want to be clarified, If one has funding from his institution of choice in the US, will the person still show proof of funding like statement of account.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kentrasso(f): 11:21pm On Aug 12, 2020
Please does anyone know when the embassy in Abuja will reopen. Even if it’s rumor or hint. We already booked an appointment before the covid shutdown and I need my mom to come down before January. Do you guys think it’s possible
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nostradamus1: 11:22pm On Aug 12, 2020
I really enjoyed the last 3 days on this thread.Obviously the thread was getting dry and Someone decided to entertain us all and its effects was theatrical and overly nauseating.But yeah ,in life someone has to do the trolling at the detriment of the soft hearted

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:24pm On Aug 12, 2020
Kentrasso:
Please does anyone know when the embassy in Abuja will reopen. Even if it’s rumor or hint. We already booked an appointment before the covid shutdown and I need my mom to come down before January. Do you guys think it’s possible

Nothing officially announced yet ... it's a waiting game for everyone who wants to go there

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:25pm On Aug 12, 2020
UgwuanyiM:
Good evening to you all,
Please I want to be clarified, If one has funding from his institution of choice in the US, will the person still show proof of funding like statement of account.

Sometimes yes I seen them ask so its 50/50 ..... but an account that covers the outstanding after funding coverage is sufficient if asked .

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BiafranDel: 11:27pm On Aug 12, 2020
Nostradamus1:

My hall4lor broda , greeting

grin

Greetings boss.
How the goings.

Me na hall 3 brethren before I move grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nostradamus1: 11:31pm On Aug 12, 2020
BiafranDel:

grin

Greetings boss.
How the goings.

Me na hall 3 brethren before I move grin
I dey brotherly

So na you and ur guys dey arrow people wey dey on dia own.
I don't suffer for those block B guys mouth
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BiafranDel: 11:34pm On Aug 12, 2020
Eniolakiite:
Well written. And I must say well done smiley

Thanks. God bless
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BiafranDel: 11:41pm On Aug 12, 2020
Nostradamus1:

I dey brotherly

So na you and ur guys dey arrow people wey dey on dia own.
I don't suffer for those block B guys mouth

Baba I no join o. Hall 3 boys now don dey do yahoo.
The arrow tradition don loose relevance grin

I move after my 100level first semester o. That place no be am grin But we no fit talk the story here, e get why.

You be alumnus abi you still dey the system?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mechatronika(m): 11:49pm On Aug 12, 2020
Hannania:
Hello folks, for legends in the house, does 4.15 CGPA stand in between 3.5 and 3.6 on a 4 point scale? If no, what's the range.

Hi,
Your cgpa should be something around 3.55/4.0
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pompeiimagnus: 5:19am On Aug 13, 2020
Phenomenalopeye:
Nairalanders, if I'm not passionate I wouldn't spend this much time typing and asking questions, pls help me fufill my dreams, I'm sorry for disturbing y'all.

Funny guy...Many immigrants excelling in the US, had their bachelor's in their home countries before coming over to the US. Everyone here knows that Naija isn't easy, but many Federal Universities in Naija have affordable tuition and good Engineering programs. There are also scholarships by MTN, Total, Mobil, Shell, etc. for undergrads in Naija and many students get them on merit - I got MTN in my 2nd year. You are even lucky that your Dad is a mechanic, which is a great skill to have as an engineer. Since you already have a tuition scholarship, what stops you from spending your holidays working at your Dad's workshop, even if it's only 3 days a week? Good luck with your dreams sha..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 5:47am On Aug 13, 2020
Phenomenalopeye:

But if I get admitted into a uni in the US, it's a win-win, a one time spending, no extra spending, highest I'll work on campus to feed myself.

You haven’t thought this through. Covid-19 being a good example... what campus jobs do you think are available at the moment?

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 5:49am On Aug 13, 2020
Phenomenalopeye:

Thanks, pls can you help me out?
How do I contact the education USA or any order related organization that can help me out?

For someone who prides himself as smart, you seem to not know how to use google to do your own homework.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 5:56am On Aug 13, 2020
Phenomenalopeye:

You’re not passionate about studying, you simply want to leave Nigeria.

17 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hannania(m): 6:05am On Aug 13, 2020
Mechatronika:

Hi,
Your cgpa should be something around 3.55/4.0
OK. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by justwise(m): 6:19am On Aug 13, 2020
Phenomenalopeye:

Please enough of this here, pages have been taken up discussing about you and you alone.

Now let’s move on.

Any more post on this will be removed.

13 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 6:35am On Aug 13, 2020
I've known about studying in the US since I was a junior in college, I mean I've been reading this thread since I was in 200Level in a polytechnic in Nigeria. Then ,I was maintaining a weak Upper Credits(3.1 of 4). I've had the dream and the vision of studying here in the US. I Graduated ND and was looking to begin the process but there was no money for even the least which is a passport. I paused it and decided to apply for Direct entry into a university because i didn't know HND can get me into America. I had applied and sat for unilorin's exam. I was admitted into Biomedical Engineering but was dropped and they changed my major to Educational Technology after i had paid tuition. I dropped them and moved back to that polytechnic for HND after I read about Ibrahim Waziri, the guy that got his PhD in 4 years after an HND degree in Nigeria. Yes, he's there on google, he bagged his Phd at Purdue University in Engineering. Ive been saving up since my first year of my HND degree. I didn't only just saved, i graduated best in my HND. I was still saving even when i was doing NYSC. I saved over 1.5million naira throughout those years. I started the process with WES, GRE, paid SEVIS when it was 200$, still paid when it was 350$, paid the embassy 3 times and i travelled 3 African countries as advised by my great PAdi and Mentor *Fairheart and several other expenses. It didn't come easy for anyone and don't expect it to come just easy for you. Im here in the US studying Engineering and will be researching what TESLA is researching atm(Abandoning the LIDAR system for self-driving cars). Its not a dream if you cant face the difficult challenges.
Go get your degree and plan ahead. Many couldn't make it here because they abandoned every other thing just for the dream. You shouldn't tow in that path....

@Justwise. This is not just for him, it might be helpful for others. I hope the post lives

17 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by UgwuanyiM: 6:37am On Aug 13, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Sometimes yes I seen them ask so its 50/50 ..... but an account that covers the outstanding after funding coverage is sufficient if asked .

Thanks for the answer, I appreciate.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sodiqoderinde: 6:50am On Aug 13, 2020
hello guys am happy to join this platform my brother introduce me to this platform
Space booked!!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 7:07am On Aug 13, 2020
Just wise, where is imperiouxx

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.