Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1363370 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Anybodie: 8:53pm On Sep 18, 2020
Rate?
acedboss:
USD available, up to 20k, naira needed, DM me if you're interested
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by geofortress: 9:37pm On Sep 18, 2020
Please do anyone knows if Abuja embassy still has appointment date?.

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lifeisforliving: 6:34am On Sep 19, 2020
geofortress:
Please do anyone knows if Abuja embassy still has appointment date?.

Thanks.

27th of November
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by oracle009(m): 8:04am On Sep 19, 2020
Lifeisforliving:

27th of November

Are you sure of this? The Abuja embassy is saying "No appointment for now"
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 8:07am On Sep 19, 2020
oracle009:

Are you sure of this? The Abuja embassy is saying "No appointment for now"

Personally I saw 9th of November
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Anybodie: 8:08am On Sep 19, 2020
Cocao:

How come I'm always seeing no date available
What's going on?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by oracle009(m): 8:10am On Sep 19, 2020
Cocao:

Wow... I'm seeing "No appointment"... What do I do now
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 8:22am On Sep 19, 2020
Anybodie:

How come I'm always seeing no date available
What's going on?

Check the embassy choice again though I am no expert on this site. I just checked again and still saw 9th as first available appointment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Anybodie: 8:24am On Sep 19, 2020
Cocao:

Check the embassy choice again though I am no expert on this site. I just checked again and still saw 9th as first available appointment

I just did, same story
Lagos or Abuja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by uche06: 8:29am On Sep 19, 2020
Please is it possible for one to still get Visa appointment this year in Lagos or Abuja.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RukayatAkanji: 9:46am On Sep 19, 2020
Please guys, can someone help post the link to where one can book an appointment for F1 Visa interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by yinkhar(f): 9:47am On Sep 19, 2020
RukayatAkanji:
Please guys, can someone help post the link to where one can book an appointment for F1 Visa interview

Google is your friend

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 2:16pm On Sep 19, 2020
RukayatAkanji:

The U.S embassy is closed at the moment, so you can't book appointment for F1 interview. I'd advice you relax and follow US Embassy on Facebook or Twitter. That way, you'll know when they annouce to resume visa applications. All the best!

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 2:19pm On Sep 19, 2020
uche06:
Please is it possible for one to still get Visa appointment this year in Lagos or Abuja.
It is possible, if embassy opens. The possibility hangs on if the US embassy resumes operation this year.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by AOS97: 2:40pm On Sep 19, 2020
Cocao:

For F1 visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 5:15pm On Sep 19, 2020
I wonder when the embassies will open for those planning to come in Spring...

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by arcTY(m): 7:28pm On Sep 19, 2020
Eniolakiite:

hopefully before the end of October or first week in November.... not from a reliable source
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by nitdude: 11:24pm On Sep 19, 2020
I think there is an expedited appointment for those whose programs starts within 60 days. Its on their website.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by saintexcel: 6:11am On Sep 20, 2020
nitdude:
I think there is an expedited appointment for those whose programs starts within 60 days. Its on their website.
I can't find it, on their site. Can you screenshot it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sewenswepzy(m): 6:25am On Sep 20, 2020
Good morning house
I'm new on this thread. I'm considering having a masters of public health degree in US. I finished from University of ibadan (MLS) with a 2.2. I have a budget of 8million
Can anyone suggest schools based on the budget. Also, does the study visa comes with a work permit.
Will I be qualified for a post study work visa after the completion of the program..if yes..how many years post study work visa.
Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 11:56am On Sep 20, 2020
sewenswepzy:
Good morning house
I'm new on this thread. I'm considering having a masters of public health degree in US. I finished from University of ibadan (MLS) with a 2.2. I have a budget of 8million
Can anyone suggest schools based on the budget. Also, does the study visa comes with a work permit.
Will I be qualified for a post study work visa after the completion of the program..if yes..how many years post study work visa.
Thanks.

Hello. I don't know all the answers to your questions, but I do know that you need to do much more research on the internet. Google has all the answers and more. A simple query like this you have done here wouldn't do.

That aside, I do know that US visa does not come with work permit. Your visa is for study purposes. Whether you're qualified for a post-study work engagement or not depends on many factors, many of which you probably should not be worrying about at this stage - at least until you get there.

More importantly, I think I may add that its not always cool if your work or immigration ambitions are easily discernible, especially to VOs.

I suggest you carry out extensive research, weigh your options carefully - critically examining the ongoing situation in the US - before you make your final decisions.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 12:23pm On Sep 20, 2020
To all those who sent me message for the discounted GRE and TOEFL promo offer, I replied that same day and if you didn’t get my reply, kindly check your spam or junk box it should be there.

To all those that am yet to reply your emails, hopefully today I will attend to the emails.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 20, 2020
Hello,

Please how can someone fill the part on DS-160 that says ''entity paying for your trip'' if I have a graduate assistantship that covers everything?

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 12:30pm On Sep 20, 2020
fairheart:

The U.S embassy is closed at the moment, so you can't book appointment for F1 interview. I'd advice you relax and follow US Embassy on Facebook or Twitter. That way, you'll know when they annouce to resume visa applications. All the best!

Someone told me yesterday that they posted new update on their website about visa interview for students and medicals but I haven’t seen the link to read it myself.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 12:31pm On Sep 20, 2020
ElZackzacky2019:
Hello,

Please how can someone fill the part on DS-160 that says ''entity paying for your trip'' if I have a graduate assistantship that covers everything?

Thanks.

There is option there that says others, then you write it there who granted you the GA

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 12:33pm On Sep 20, 2020
nitdude:

Can you share the link where you saw this, Although I got similar news from someone too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 12:34pm On Sep 20, 2020
Eniolakiite:

I guess anytime soon but many factors are to be considered before they open by then and our own naija government too but I feel don’t let that delay or stop your plan and processing.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 12:37pm On Sep 20, 2020
sewenswepzy:
Good morning house
Thanks.

Suggesting school to you is not the issues but the school suggested matching your profile and what you want could be an issue.

Also all student visa comes with work authorization of either 20 or 40 hours a week if the rules haven’t change.

Post study work lies in your hands when you get there and how you work your ways and plans which is to my own opinion
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 12:40pm On Sep 20, 2020
To all those saying they saw available dates, can you please help me clarify this ASAP;

Do you see available dates under REGULAR option or the other option above REGULAR which says if you have been denied visa in the last 2 months or more?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 12:42pm On Sep 20, 2020
barskaya:
please which university or institution currently offer admission for international student master degree without ,no GMAT,TOEFL or ielts request??

Plenty schools but it’s advisable to write anyone of those in order to help your processing to be more interesting and enjoy scholarship.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2020
Walspring:

There is option there that says others, then you write it there who granted you the GA

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.