Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (579) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1361004 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by uche06: 10:18pm On Oct 06, 2020
Please have US embassy opened for interview in lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by uche06: 10:18pm On Oct 06, 2020
How soon would be international borders be opened.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 06, 2020
I got admission into three schools, and I got Funding in only one, the other two without funding. and the one without funding already generate Sevis number and I-20 for me. I want you to guide me on this. Will I abandon the Sevis and I-20 and ask the school with funding to generate theirs?, thanks in awaiting your kind response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Asguard: 10:55pm On Oct 06, 2020
ajaoakeem200000:
I got admission into three schools, and I got Funding in only one, the other two without funding. and the one without funding already generate Sevis number and I-20 for me. I want you to guide me on this. Will I abandon the Sevis and I-20 and ask the school with funding to generate theirs?, thanks in awaiting your kind response
You have a job in three places and one of those places offer to give you a personal car with a driver and even agrees to pay for fueling the car alongside paying the drivers.Now another school decides to give you appointment letter immediately. Which would you go for?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Oscardon1: 11:06pm On Oct 06, 2020
Someone just said there were available slots yesterday in booking appointment with Abuja. Please how true is this and what time?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juniorsworld(m): 12:52am On Oct 07, 2020
uche06:
How soon would be international borders be opened.

Lol you're late on this one. They've been opened for a month now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by texrem(m): 1:36am On Oct 07, 2020
Good job keeping the thread alive. Hello everyone! Success stories coming! Even in the midst of the pandemic. We will share success stories! Oya mock interview in a bit! smiley wink

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 07, 2020
Asguard:

You have a job in three places and one of those places offer to give you a personal car with a driver and even agrees to pay for fueling the car alongside paying the drivers.Now another school decides to give you appointment letter immediately. Which would you go for?

I understand brother, but my concern is about the sevis number they generate for me, will the school with funding generate another sevis number for me or it I’ll have to use that sevis number that was generated by the school without funding? Please your response is warmly appreciated
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 7:08am On Oct 07, 2020
BrTune:
If u are a first time applicant, pick Abuja.
I think there are slots available there...Atleast as at yesterday

Hello, I have been trying to pick a date for Abuja but always seeing no available dates.

As at what time did you see available dates?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by leckson58(m): 7:45am On Oct 07, 2020
Good day everybody,

So I took the GRE on Monday and I scored 313 Q156 V157 still waiting for the AWA score. I am looking to apply for Masters in Animal Science this coming fall. I met some guys during my test and they recommended that I go for Ph.D direct which I'm not sure of. Please house, is it possible to get funding for Master or even Ph.d with my score.

P.S. My undergrad GPA is 4.02/5 which is equal to 3.47/4 using the WES unofficial GPA calculator.

Admitwithschola I've been trying to PM you no response.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Etherealbeing: 8:33am On Oct 07, 2020
Walspring:

If you can tell your school send you scan copy of your i20 or send you your sevis number and school code, you can use that to book appointment and fill ds160 and generate coupon payment for sevis fee while you await the original copy of the i20 to arrive to your door step in Nigeria.

Hello, please I need help with my SEVIS PAYMENT. I sent you an email request
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Reytheon: 10:30am On Oct 07, 2020
Lilly001:

1. I feel he is a good person..Lol. Generally speaking
2. He prefers to continue sponsoring his current PhD students doing well to taking up new ones
3. He currently doesn't have extra money to take in and sponsor a new PhD student. Although, he is awaiting the result of some grants proposal he has written.
4. He can not take in student via email. It is hard for him to judge because he would prefer to consider candidate's full application package.
5. Furthermore, he prefers to select his PhD students during the admission process. He basically selects the best students whose interests align with his.
6. He praised your academic excellence and advised you apply to the school. Then may be you can be among the best guys with similar interests with him
7. He said few TAs spots might open up against Fall 2021
8. You can contact other faculty in the dept, they might have funding.

That's my take on the email. I am sure there would be different views from the bosses here.

Goodluck!

Ok, thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 10:50am On Oct 07, 2020
leckson58:
Good day everybody,

So I took the GRE on Monday and I scored 313 Q156 V157 still waiting for the AWA score. I am looking to apply for Masters in Animal Science this coming fall. I met some guys during my test and they recommended that I go for Ph.D direct which I'm not sure of. Please house, is it possible to get funding for Master or even Ph.d with my score.

P.S. My undergrad GPA is 4.02/5 which is equal to 3.47/4 using the WES unofficial GPA calculator.

Try UNT UVM and UH
For PhD.....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mayflowa(m): 11:08am On Oct 07, 2020
leckson58:
Good day everybody,

Definitely! Go for PhD. You have a good profile for full funding
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 07, 2020
leckson58:
Good day everybody,

I am always of the opinion of full funding which is always accessible through a PhD program except you have a rich sponsor.
I am certain you can get MSc with scholarship (which is most times not fully funded anyway) with this. To boost your moral, I had a slightly lower GPA than yours (but still 2.1). 307 in GRE plus a distinction in MSc and I was admitted into a PhD program with full funding and TA.
Again, if you approach a professor to write a recommendation letter, suggest if you could write one and submit for him to edit. I realized that the way we write recommendation letters here is not detailed (Perhaps they are busy) compared to how they do theirs abroad so you can do a better write-up yourself.
Finally, with your score, don't aim for a top tier school. I would also like to encourage you that as long as you really want to study before the ultimate hustling which is what I see some guys openly portray here, you will succeed. I started my program remotely and I can bet you that some of these guys are not better than you. Good luck

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 11:45am On Oct 07, 2020
ajaoakeem200000:

I understand brother, but my concern is about the sevis number they generate for me, will the school with funding generate another sevis number for me or it I’ll have to use that sevis number that was generated by the school without funding? Please your response is warmly appreciated
it would not affect anything. The school with full funding will generate another SEVIS ID for you. It's no issue at all.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 11:46am On Oct 07, 2020
Fabuloski:
Admitwithschola, I saw a post about you and your friends helping guys with 320+ GRE score by returning some of the fees. I will like to ask if that offer is still up. I have written my GRE, and I had 324, I wouldn't mind getting help to finance my TOEFl because my NYSC allowance I am currently using for it is kind of stretched thin now. Any Nairalander who also will like to help me in any possible way, I will be grateful, thank you.
my friend had 329, I would love this opportunity for him.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by leckson58(m): 12:34pm On Oct 07, 2020
Thanks man, I really appreciate. Can I PM you, if you don't mind.
henduby:

I am always of the opinion of full funding which is always accessible through a PhD program except you have a rich sponsor.
I am certain you can get MSc with scholarship (which is most times not fully funded anyway) with this. To boost your moral, I had a slightly lower GPA than yours (but still 2.1). 307 in GRE plus a distinction in MSc and I was admitted into a PhD program with full funding and TA.
Again, if you approach a professor to write a recommendation letter, suggest if you could write one and submit for him to edit. I realized that the way we write recommendation letters here is not detailed (Perhaps they are busy) compared to how they do theirs abroad so you can do a better write-up yourself.
Finally, with your score, don't aim for a top tier school. I would also like to encourage you that as long as you really want to study before the ultimate hustling which is what I see some guys openly portray here, you will succeed. I started my program remotely and I can bet you that some of these guys are not better than you. Good luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 07, 2020
leckson58:
Thanks man, I really appreciate. Can I PM you, if you don't mind.

Please, go ahead.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 1:36pm On Oct 07, 2020
Etherealbeing:

Hello, please I need help with my SEVIS PAYMENT. I sent you an email request

Email replied.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 1:38pm On Oct 07, 2020
To all those who sent me PM or email, I have replied and kindly check your junk or spam if you didn’t see it in your inbox.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 1:40pm On Oct 07, 2020
Oscardon1:
Someone just said there were available slots yesterday in booking appointment with Abuja. Please how true is this and what time?

You can as well login to confirm for yourself if you have login details
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 1:41pm On Oct 07, 2020
ajaoakeem200000:
m

Congrats and what a wonderful good news.

Accept all the admission and just go for the one that gave you funding and pay your sevis fee on the sevis number generate for you by the school that gave you funding.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 1:45pm On Oct 07, 2020
ajaoakeem200000:

All the schools generate sevis number for all their student that they gave admission to and you should not be bother about that too much because there is not harm having 3 school generated sevis number for you because at the end you will only make use of one sevis ID while the other school will cancel their since you didn’t attend or resume to their school

Deal with school that gave you funding and use their sevis number to apply for appointment, Ful ds160 and pay sevis fee on it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Spallanzani: 2:23pm On Oct 07, 2020
Guys which visa location should I select at this point, Lagos or Abuja?? I'm about filling my DS form
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Agnestardom: 4:01pm On Oct 07, 2020
saintexcel:
Pls how do you request for an emergency student visa appointment. I need assistance.

You can check the appointment portal.
There are conditions though.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 4:31pm On Oct 07, 2020
henduby:

Sorry boss
I'm trying to apply to some PhD program and I have the option of writing the recommendation letter by myself.
Please I need your assistance in the letter template
I'll PM you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lifeisforliving: 5:06pm On Oct 07, 2020
Earliest appointment date is now March 21st for lag
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 07, 2020
Lifeisforliving:
Earliest appointment date is now March 21st for lag

Please where did you see this one? because we still hoping the embassy will extend appointments date beyond November 20, for spring 2021.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lifeisforliving: 5:16pm On Oct 07, 2020
ajaoakeem200000:

Please where did you see this one? because we still hoping the embassy will extend appointments date beyond November 20, for spring 2021.

Saw it some minutes ago,
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sugarxx: 5:18pm On Oct 07, 2020
Lifeisforliving:

Saw it some minutes ago,

Just checked.. no date.

(1) (2) (3) ... (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.