Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,590 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (580) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1362332 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 07, 2020
Lifeisforliving:

Saw it some minutes ago,

Hmmm, please bro, can you disclose your source, for authenticity sake
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Fabuloski(m): 5:37pm On Oct 07, 2020
Friedpotato:
my friend had 329, I would love this opportunity for him.
Yeah, the cost of application fee and the likes is scary
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mekanaky: 5:52pm On Oct 07, 2020
Please any information on how I can book emergency visa interview in Abuja. My course starts January and the earliest slot provided today was March 1st.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by websta: 6:05pm On Oct 07, 2020
What about Winter, January intakes?
Walspring:

I guess you saying may 2020 which has gone for good.

Just tell your school that you want to defer your admission for spring 2021 or Summer 2021 or fall 2021 and a new i20 will be issued for you with a new program date as well.

Well I think you can still meet up with spring 2021 if you make the call this week and start the processing
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by opexy89: 7:23pm On Oct 07, 2020
What are the conditions for emergency appointment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lifeisforliving: 7:28pm On Oct 07, 2020
opexy89:
What are the conditions for emergency appointment.

Check US embassy website
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pointednose: 8:41pm On Oct 07, 2020
mekanaky:
Please any information on how I can book emergency visa interview in Abuja. My course starts January and the earliest slot provided today was March 1st.

Please is this strictly for F1 visa? Or general visa appointments?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 8:41pm On Oct 07, 2020
websta:
What about Winter, January intakes?

That’s the one called spring 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 8:42pm On Oct 07, 2020
Spallanzani:
Guys which visa location should I select at this point, Lagos or Abuja?? I'm about filling my DS form

Choose the one closer to your place

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Matluck: 9:12pm On Oct 07, 2020
contact walspring for your servis payment.
He just did mine... and it was seamless smiley wink

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jhidey08(m): 9:13pm On Oct 07, 2020
Walspring:

Choose the one closer to your place
Please can one change from Abuja to Lagos in case there’s another emergency opening in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Agnestardom: 9:22pm On Oct 07, 2020
Lifeisforliving:

Saw it some minutes ago,

What I saw is March 2021, I had to send them a feedback.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 10:19pm On Oct 07, 2020
The earliest date I saw now for Abuja is March 2nd.

This is very funny because my sch. start date is January 13th.

Does this mean that one should book the appointment, then request for expedited appointment? Because, according to their site, you must have already scheduled an appointment before you can request for expedited (emergency) appointment.

Just confused.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Spring1000: 10:26pm On Oct 07, 2020
Same. I'm frustrated at this point.
Lildairo:

Does this mean that one should book the appointment, then request for expedited appointment? Because, according to their site, you must have already scheduled an appointment before you can request for expedited (emergency) appointment.

Just confused.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 10:43pm On Oct 07, 2020
jhidey08:

Please can one change from Abuja to Lagos in case there’s another emergency opening in Lagos?

You can’t unless you cancel the appointment first and then start the application afresh where you will have to pick a new location either abuja or Lagos.

In one word is not possible because you will lose the date your picked before.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 10:45pm On Oct 07, 2020
Lildairo:

Just confused.

Don’t be confused, you can just book and request for emergency date since your school is resuming in January 2021 and early date will be given to you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Spring1000: 11:06pm On Oct 07, 2020
Are you sure about this please?
Walspring:

Don’t be confused, you can just book and request for emergency date since your school is resuming in January 2021 and early date will be given to you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Newdawn123: 11:18pm On Oct 07, 2020
Walspring:

Are you really sure about this? Can't I first send them a message before requesting for an expedited interview?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Newdawn123: 11:20pm On Oct 07, 2020
Like messaging them first before picking a date for appointment.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mekanaky: 11:30pm On Oct 07, 2020
pointednose:

Please is this strictly for F1 visa? Or general visa appointments?
F-1 visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Matinho: 11:57pm On Oct 07, 2020
US embassy don see Nigerians finish. Many of you guys applying , na the embassy dey frustrate you and not even the application. If its true that they released dates without even giving people information about what they are doing and keeping people abreast of what to do, then it goes back to my earlier point of saying we have been dehumanized. In America, it ll be a flagrant abuse of rights to do that kind thing of not giving information, so why do it to Nigerians? We sef be human beings o and God dey watch.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ykxcels: 12:22am On Oct 08, 2020
Matinho:
US embassy don see Nigerians finish. Many of you guys applying , na the embassy dey frustrate you and not even the application. If its true that they released dates without even giving people information about what they are doing and keeping people abreast of what to do, then it goes back to my earlier point of saying we have been dehumanized. In America, it ll be a flagrant abuse of rights to do that kind thing of not giving information, so why do it to Nigerians? We sef be human beings o and God dey watch.

You are right.
This is real mental pressure...

They said we should check the site often, you check twice, trice...you risk being logout and block for 3 days...

Now from November date jumping to March...

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ykxcels: 12:28am On Oct 08, 2020
Walspring:

Seriously...! It's interesting since July, it's my first time to see a date even though I am as clueless of what decision to make like you are because my resumption is January.

It's not their fault, listening to the consular speak today, you know they see everything from your application to school to visa application as doing us a great privilege, and that's very true. So we have to just pull this through!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 12:39am On Oct 08, 2020
Matinho:

In as much as it doesn't make sense, we can't blame the embassy outrightly. It boils down to how irrelevant and insignificant our government foreign policies are. We are basically not recognize in the league of nations. Our government ought to have been deliberating with ambassadors and CGs of nations in other to open fully for student Visas in particular. Imagine embassies being shut down even though our Covid-19 cases were not as severe as that of India or some other countries where they've been in full operation since July 15.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jhidey08(m): 1:50am On Oct 08, 2020
Walspring:

You can’t unless you cancel the appointment first and then start the application afresh where you will have to pick a new location either abuja or Lagos.

In one word is not possible because you will lose the date your picked before.
Okay, thanks.
So where do you advise I chose, I’m expected to resume by Spring 2021 and I reside in Abuja. I’m only worried with the fact that there are no dates available in Abuja (as posted by people here) before January.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mekanaky: 5:17am On Oct 08, 2020
Lildairo:

Just confused.
Where exactly did you get this info
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BrTune: 6:15am On Oct 08, 2020
That is a wiser option!
So worse case scenario u can switch to Lagos and get an earlier date
Newdawn123:
Like messaging them first before picking a date for appointment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 7:07am On Oct 08, 2020
mekanaky:

It's on their site.

Ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-expeditedappointment.asp
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 7:08am On Oct 08, 2020
The available date is now March 4th 2021.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 8:04am On Oct 08, 2020
mekanaky:
normally that's how expedited works. But someone on this thread got an expedited date even without getting an interview date. It's like they've loosened the modalities due to the peculiarities of these times.

Also, you can only apply for expedited 60 days to your resumption in spring.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Goel: 9:51am On Oct 08, 2020
Schrodinger1:
Imagine embassies being shut down even though our Covid-19 cases were not as severe as that of India or some other countries where they've been in full operation since July 15.
With your current level of testing, your cases can't near US, Brazil, India or Russia by a long shot.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 10:02am On Oct 08, 2020
LagosismyHome:

What city did you renew it please and what the cost ... I guess lagos and abuja they might be able to control and use the normal process but outside this two cities.. well
I dm you please

(1) (2) (3) ... (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.