Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (587) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1357743 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by HisEminence(m): 10:22pm On Oct 09, 2020
BrTune:
US Visa Approved!!!

Sent a strongly worded email with convincing points for an emergency visa appointment on Tuesday Night - 6th.

Received an email from the US embassy at 7.30am the next day - Wednesday, scheduling me for an interview on Friday at 6.30am.

Today, Woke up at 5.00am, joined hands with my sister to decree divine Favour.

Bath, dressed and booked an Uber, got to VI at 6.20am.

Went in for my interview at 7.00am

Sent back out because I did not print my DS-160 confirmation.

Rain flogged me, some soldier men even gave me umbrella my who cloth was wet.

A lady helped me to print the DS - 160 form, said I should pay her 5K, I didn’t have any money on me. Begged the lady and eventually paid 3500 outta my reciprocity fee.

Went back into the embassy.

VO: Good morning
Me: Hi, Goodmorning

VO: Pass me ur I-20 and visa and da-160 form

VO: where are u going
Me: Going to ...Ivy league school

VO: Great school, but very expensive too, how are u funding it?
Me: Received 80,000 USD in Fin Aid and taking a loan of 20K from my uncle to complete the rest.

VO: Ok, what does ur uncle do?
Me: My Uncle is a real estate developer and deals in wichtech roofing sheets.

VO: Any evidence of ur uncles ability to pay?
Me: before I could Pass him my uncles statement, he said I shouldn’t bother, he believes me.

VO: Have u travelled out before?
Me: Yes, I have been to the US, Germany France, Qatar, Kenya, Uganda...etc

VO: What did u go for?
Me: Explains

VO: Your visa has been approved, do u have the reciprocity fee?
I knew my reciprocity fee was short by 3500 but I answered yes, I did not want wahala.

VO: Go over there and pay, and enjoy ur stay in America

I go over there, praying for a miracle and the money to double...didn’t happen.
Went out and was looking for whom to borrow money from as I didn’t have my atm. One guy who just finished his interview saw me and asked what the problem was.
I told him, he then called his driver to bring money and dashed me 4K. I quickly begged him to wait for me, so I follow him and drop off at my stop.
He waited for me to pay the reciprocity fee and then told his driver to drop me off the stop close to my house.

Good luck every one

Wow, this is huge, congrats!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tabby1: 10:38pm On Oct 09, 2020
Congrats on your successful interview.

Please can u assist with the email address,
I have sent mails and even fill the form sent to me via link, all I got was they will get back to me, they have a lot of applications.

Please I also need interview tips, am applying with my 6yrs old daughter, hubby is staying back very busy with work. Also let me d content of d mail indicating the urgency, I had stated my date of resumption as January.

Evans211:
Visa Approved!!

Profile-
Program: MA Political Science
GPA- 3.28/4
Deficits- $6,677
GRE- 318
School- Texas Tech University (Spring)

I had a very concise interview. Before I proceed into proper details, permit to use this medium to thank Samuel (Sammy like I fondly call), Fortune, Fairheart, Mathew, Francis, Acers family, and a host of others I am yet to mention; these amazing lads gave me the mock interview and confidence (some deadly guts) to face my fears.

Sunday (4th Oct, 2020) is just like every other day where I casually mailed Lagos consulate with a view of booking an expedited appointment with no much expectations. I barely recall sending a mail that Sunday! On Monday morning, I got a mail from lagos consulate slating an appointment by Friday! FRIDAY? that must be a huge joke! How could I possibly pay sevis fee, fill my DS-160 form, get an updated I-20 to spring, going through the hassles of documents printing in just 4 days?! Hell no... I'm skipping this appointment. I was so damn sure about this on Monday but by Tuesday morning, I reflect on my thoughts and realized how golden this opportunity is. I presented my case before these great guys, Samuel and fortune who offered to help with documents printing errands and transcript drafting respectively, while I take care of other tasks.

Wasn't really thinking of the mock interview preparations until Thursday afternoon after arriving at my lodge close to the Lagos consulate at VI. It was a tedious experience filled with funny memories.

Thanks to the virtual mock interview organized by Mathew, Sam, Francis et al where I was given a friendly but yet, rigorous drilling, critiquing my transcripts which helped in boosting my confidence. Studied through the night with an open but yet prayerful mind...

By morning, I headed straight to the consulate; tho a walkable distance but I booked a cab. Upon my arrival, I focused my gaze on the scanty applicants (about 35 in total) contrary to the usual expectations. I shaped my mind and blended with the cue while I await my faith. Waited for about half an hour before the rain started (that's a story for another day). The CGFI official instructed us on the document arrangements while we align on a single line heading straight to the interview unit..............

The VO is in window 9, probably in his mid 30s. A very wonderful and yet witty conversationalist. He denied about 4 applicants ahead of me and issued 3 approvals. I won’t lie, my morale was dampened but I kept a straight face. A lady just ahead of me was literally begging the VO to reconsider his denial and almost not leaving the spot! (In my head I was like, hey pretty! Leave that spot before you annoy the VO.. don’t implicate me pls........)

Here goes my interview with the VO ���

VO: Good morning, pass me your passport and I-20.

Me: I obliged.

VO: What are you going to do in the US ?

me: I am going for a Master’s degree in Political science with Concentration in International Relations and Public Policy, in Texas Tech University, Lubbock.

VO: not a single word from him as he kept typing......(I wasn’t sure if he heard me but I kept my cool).. So who is sponsoring your studies?

Me- Well, I was offered a Graduate teaching assistantships with full tuition waiver and some monthly stipends to help offset my living expenses and my uncle will help with the deficits.

VO: ...keeps typing for a couple of seconds, this time around a bit longer than usual. So what does your uncle do?

Me- He works as a Real estate Developer and owns a wholesale supermarket.

VO: where does he work at?

Me: Lagos

VO: okay. ...keeps typing.... So where did you graduate from ?

Me- The University of Ibadan in May, 2018

VO: Have you ever travelled out of the country ?

Me- No sir, I had no reason to.

VO- Are you married ?

Me- No sir.

VO: What is your program start date?

Me: 04 January, 2021

VO: Oh! You said you graduated from University of Ilorin?

Me: No sir, I graduated from the University of Ibadan.

VO: I see... Okay. I will be approving your Visa. have your reciprocity fee paid at window 23 and make sure you make travel plans not more than 30 days before your program start date.. you will need your I-20 at the POE ...........blah blah blah... I smiled as he utter the golden words!!!

From what I observed, the interview lasted less than 2 minutes! No other documents requested. Financial statement was handy but he never asked.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Matluck: 11:21pm On Oct 09, 2020
Pefuele:

The documents doesn't need to be in colored. Monochrome will suffice. Yes, embassy has a standard photograph size. It is 5inches by 5inches white background photo.
As for hotel you can check Federal Civil service staff hotel at Obalende. You can get Napep from there to the embassy for around N100.Least room is around N9k.

Thanks alot.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OGAPEE(m): 11:31pm On Oct 09, 2020
Congratulations bross, I am very happy for you.

Please did you fill a new DS 160 form for this your interview or can we use the old form? and how were you able to fill your form.

THe site is really misbaving right now!!
Evans211:
Visa Approved!!

Profile-
GPA- 3.28/4
Deficits- $6,677
GRE- 318

I had a very concise interview. Before I proceed into proper details, permit to use this medium to thank Samuel (Sammy like I fondly call), Fortune, Fairheart, Mathew, Francis, Acers family, and a host of others I am yet to mention; these amazing lads gave me the mock interview and confidence (some deadly guts) to face my fears.

Sunday (4th Oct, 2020) is just like every other day where I casually mailed Lagos consulate with a view of booking an expedited appointment with no much expectations. I barely recall sending a mail that Sunday! On Monday morning, I got a mail from lagos consulate slating an appointment by Friday! FRIDAY? that must be a huge joke! How could I possibly pay sevis fee, fill my DS-160 form, get an updated I-20 to spring, going through the hassles of documents printing in just 4 days?! Hell no... I'm skipping this appointment. I was so damn sure about this on Monday but by Tuesday morning, I reflect on my thoughts and realized how golden this opportunity is. I presented my case before these great guys, Samuel and fortune who offered to help with documents printing errands and transcript drafting respectively, while I take care of other tasks.

Wasn't really thinking of the mock interview preparations until Thursday afternoon after arriving at my lodge close to the Lagos consulate at VI. It was a tedious experience filled with funny memories.

Thanks to the virtual mock interview organized by Mathew, Sam, Francis et al where I was given a friendly but yet, rigorous drilling, critiquing my transcripts which helped in boosting my confidence. Studied through the night with an open but yet prayerful mind...

By morning, I headed straight to the consulate; tho a walkable distance but I booked a cab. Upon my arrival, I focused my gaze on the scanty applicants (about 35 in total) contrary to the usual expectations. I shaped my mind and blended with the cue while I await my faith. Waited for about half an hour before the rain started (that's a story for another day). The CGFI official instructed us on the document arrangements while we align on a single line heading straight to the interview unit..............

The VO is in window 9, probably in his mid 30s. A very wonderful and yet witty conversationalist. He denied about 4 applicants ahead of me and issued 3 approvals. I won’t lie, my morale was dampened but I kept a straight face. A lady just ahead of me was literally begging the VO to reconsider his denial and almost not leaving the spot! (In my head I was like, hey pretty! Leave that spot before you annoy the VO.. don’t implicate me pls........)

me: I am going for a Master’s degree in Political science with Concentration in International Relations and Public Policy, in Texas Tech University, Lubbock.

VO: not a single word from him as he kept typing......(I wasn’t sure if he heard me but I kept my cool).. So who is sponsoring your studies?

Me- Well, I was offered a Graduate teaching assistantships with full tuition waiver and some monthly stipends to help offset my living expenses and my uncle will help with the deficits.

VO: ...keeps typing for a couple of seconds, this time around a bit longer than usual. So what does your uncle do?

VO- Are you married ?

Me- No sir.

VO: I see... Okay. I will be approving your Visa. have your reciprocity fee paid at window 23 and make sure you make travel plans not more than 30 days before your program start date.. you will need your I-20 at the POE ...........blah blah blah... I smiled as he utter the golden words!!!

From what I observed, the interview lasted less than 2 minutes! No other documents requested. Financial statement was handy but he never asked.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juniorsworld(m): 2:38am On Oct 10, 2020
Evans211:

I remember seeing you answering those questions and the VO’s compassion was real and undiluted. You killed it. Congratulations!

Thank you!

I just wish Nigeria was in a better international relationship with the world, so people won't be getting denied in such embarrassing ways like I saw.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 3:08am On Oct 10, 2020
CONGRATS!!!

Evans211:
Visa Approved!!

Profile-
GPA- 3.28/4
Deficits- $6,677
GRE- 318

VO- Are you married ?

Me- No sir.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jayzen(f): 3:48am On Oct 10, 2020
Wow. Another good news.
Congratulations! Go and excel.
Evans211:
Visa Approved!!

Profile-
GPA- 3.28/4
Deficits- $6,677
GRE- 318

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ZionSpecie(m): 6:53am On Oct 10, 2020
Evans211:
Visa Approved!!

Profile-
GPA- 3.28/4
Deficits- $6,677
GRE- 318

VO- Are you married ?

Me- No sir.

Big congrats bro. This is a case of grace.
Please how can I take advantage of the mock interview? It will really help
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Corney: 7:26am On Oct 10, 2020
sholay44:
Same here. I have filled the form thrice but no response.

Please can you help with a link to the form.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hollyholy: 8:17am On Oct 10, 2020
Blessings001:
@ walspring
Pls I want you to help me pay sevis fee
Tnx

When scammers call and defraud you now, you will say its walspring.

Remove your number and PM him

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 10, 2020
Hollyholy:

When scammers call and defraud you now, you will say its walspring.

Remove your number and PM him

Please how much is the sevis fee in naira equivalent? @ walspring
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cutieflaky: 8:59am On Oct 10, 2020
Congratulations!!!!
I rejoice with you
Evans211:
Visa Approved!!

Profile-
GPA- 3.28/4
Deficits- $6,677
GRE- 318

VO- Are you married ?

Me- No sir.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by edox15: 9:02am On Oct 10, 2020
Sammiebabatunde:

How do I reach out to him ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Miraculum: 9:02am On Oct 10, 2020
Congratulations on this!!!!!!

[quote]
Visa Approved!!

Profile-
GPA- 3.28/4
Deficits- $6,677
GRE- 318

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Futuragetty: 9:16am On Oct 10, 2020
BrTune:
US Visa Approved!!!

Sent a strongly worded email with convincing points for an emergency visa appointment on Tuesday Night - 6th.

Received an email from the US embassy at 7.30am the next day - Wednesday, scheduling me for an interview on Friday at 6.30am.

Today, Woke up at 5.00am, joined hands with my sister to decree divine Favour.

Bath, dressed and booked an Uber, got to VI at 6.20am.

Went in for my interview at 7.00am

Sent back out because I did not print my DS-160 confirmation.

Rain flogged me, some soldier men even gave me umbrella my who cloth was wet.

A lady helped me to print the DS - 160 form, said I should pay her 5K, I didn’t have any money on me. Begged the lady and eventually paid 3500 outta my reciprocity fee.

Went back into the embassy.

VO: Good morning
Me: Hi, Goodmorning

VO: Pass me ur I-20 and visa and da-160 form

VO: where are u going
Me: Going to ...Ivy league school

VO: Great school, but very expensive too, how are u funding it?
Me: Received 80,000 USD in Fin Aid and taking a loan of 20K from my uncle to complete the rest.

VO: Ok, what does ur uncle do?
Me: My Uncle is a real estate developer and deals in wichtech roofing sheets.

VO: Any evidence of ur uncles ability to pay?
Me: before I could Pass him my uncles statement, he said I shouldn’t bother, he believes me.

VO: Have u travelled out before?
Me: Yes, I have been to the US, Germany France, Qatar, Kenya, Uganda...etc

VO: What did u go for?
Me: Explains

VO: Your visa has been approved, do u have the reciprocity fee?
I knew my reciprocity fee was short by 3500 but I answered yes, I did not want wahala.

VO: Go over there and pay, and enjoy ur stay in America

I go over there, praying for a miracle and the money to double...didn’t happen.
Went out and was looking for whom to borrow money from as I didn’t have my atm. One guy who just finished his interview saw me and asked what the problem was.
I told him, he then called his driver to bring money and dashed me 4K. I quickly begged him to wait for me, so I follow him and drop off at my stop.
He waited for me to pay the reciprocity fee and then told his driver to drop me off the stop close to my house.

Good luck every one
Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by PriboD: 9:48am On Oct 10, 2020
Miraculum:
Congratulations on this!!!!!!

Congrats once again brother!!! The question I have is how does one calculate deficits for a scholarship and TA already guaranteed?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Modelove(f): 9:49am On Oct 10, 2020
Cutieflaky:
Congratulations!!!!
I rejoice with you
Yes oo....A big congratulations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Modelove(f): 9:59am On Oct 10, 2020
Evans211:
Visa Approved!!

Profile-
GPA- 3.28/4
Deficits- $6,677
GRE- 318

VO- Are you married ?

Me- No sir.

Wow A very big congratulations to you ...I tap into this type of grace.Am also waiting for them to give me a date....I sent a mail to them last night and have submitted the form sent to me. Please how long does it take for them to schedule me for the appointment?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Neeta02(f): 10:01am On Oct 10, 2020
Congratulations!!!
Best wishes on your new journey.
Evans211:
Visa Approved!!

Profile-
GPA- 3.28/4
Deficits- $6,677
GRE- 318

VO- Are you married ?

Me- No sir.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adelawry(m): 10:45am On Oct 10, 2020
PriboD:

Congrats once again brother!!! The question I have is how does one calculate deficits for a scholarship and TA already guaranteed?

It’s usually on the I-20. But if you haven’t gotten one. Mail the graduate school. In some schools, you have access to view your account upon admission, sometimes it’s stated on your offer. You can mail your school, they’ll give you a breakdown before I-20 is sent.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BrTune: 11:25am On Oct 10, 2020
January
Chibzee2:

congratulations!. When is your resumption date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tsirin(f): 11:30am On Oct 10, 2020
please nobody answer my question, I want to know the e-mail address used to communicate in order to have an emergency booking. thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by saintexcel: 11:36am On Oct 10, 2020
LagosNIV@state.gov
tsirin:
please nobody answer my question, I want to know the e-mail address used to communicate in order to have an emergency booking. thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by PriboD: 11:43am On Oct 10, 2020
adelawry:

It’s usually on the I-20. But if you haven’t gotten one. Mail the graduate school. In some schools, you have access to view your account upon admission, sometimes it’s stated on your offer. You can mail your school, they’ll give you a breakdown before I-20 is sent.

Thank you brother for this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Archtype(m): 12:18pm On Oct 10, 2020
Please o, I really need TOEFL and GRE materials.. If you have any of these materials please send to me @ Uckwueche@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tsirin(f): 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2020
saintexcel:
LagosNIV@state.gov

Thanks, I appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.