Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1360994 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mayorsmart005(m): 6:38pm On Oct 27, 2020
To the F2 applicants in the house and others who have an idea about this.
Kindly guide me on whose details needs to be here.
That of the F1 holder or the F2 applicant?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pirolli91: 6:44pm On Oct 27, 2020
Information of the F1 holder

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TekelUpharsin: 6:45pm On Oct 27, 2020
Greetings people. Please I need help. I have a sponsor with a foreign SOA. Those who have used foreign sponsors should please talk about how detailed the SOA was. Is a one-paged SOA showing the opening and closing figures enough (We know how people may want to keep certain transactions from the person they're sponsoring) ? What would characterise a good foreign SOA? Also, would it be okay to use printed electronic copy?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NoTimeZone(m): 6:53pm On Oct 27, 2020
opera4t:
Hello, bosses in the house. I hope you are all doing well.

I have been admitted to study Public Administration at the University of Arizona. I deferred my admission to the spring semester.
My question.
1. Please can anyone help with info on funding aid
2. How do I start my visa processing?
Undergraduate? If so, did you submit any standardised test like SAT during your application?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by klawaaa: 6:54pm On Oct 27, 2020
Please does anyone knows whether student Visa application is currently available at USA Embassies in Canada or not? Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SisiNini(f): 7:16pm On Oct 27, 2020
Mayorsmart005:
To the F2 applicants in the house and others who have an idea about this.
Kindly guide me on whose details needs to be here.
That of the F1 holder or the F2 applicant?

Thank you.

Details of the F1.
You will get the info on the F1's I-20.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ferdinand234: 7:19pm On Oct 27, 2020
Hey guys. I already made a booking sometime ago and trying to complete my DS 160 now before interview date but its telling me the application cant be retrieved. How do I go about this? That DS 160 number is already on my appointment confirmation slip.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lifeisforliving: 7:51pm On Oct 27, 2020
Ferdinand234:
Hey guys. I already made a booking sometime ago and trying to complete my DS 160 now before interview date but its telling me the application cant be retrieved. How do I go about this? That DS 160 number is already on my appointment confirmation slip.

Hmmm did you save ur DS 160?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Abiodun95(m): 8:02pm On Oct 27, 2020
Hello everyone,

I need to know if DHL office at Muri Okunola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos will be opening on Thursday (29/10/2020)..

Thank you...

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 8:04pm On Oct 27, 2020
Ferdinand234:
most likely you left it unsubmitted for more than 30 days and the system deleted it automatically.
Create a new ds160 and update your appointment profile with the new number, then print a new appointment confirmation slip.

Remember to fill and submit this one this time.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adelawry(m): 8:06pm On Oct 27, 2020
Abiodun95:
Hello everyone,

I need to know if DHL office at Muri Okunola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos will be opening on Thursday (29/10/2020)..

Thank you...

There’s pub holiday on Thursday so I don’t know if the open during public holidays.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by opera4t: 8:16pm On Oct 27, 2020
NoTimeZone:
Undergraduate? If so, did you submit any standardised test like SAT during your application?

Graduate level.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ellamma1(f): 8:32pm On Oct 27, 2020
Hello, please am new here. I just finished my bsc program and want to go to the states for my masters. I just don't know where to start , please can someone help me out
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 8:35pm On Oct 27, 2020
Ellamma1:
Hello, please am new here. I just finished my bsc program and want to go to the states for my masters. I just don't know where to start , please can someone help me out
welcome. state your profile and course you intend going for and exams you've written (if any)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ellamma1(f): 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2020
Bsc: 3.47, mass communication. I haven't written any exam
Stevenssen:

welcome. state your profile and course you intend going for and exams you've written (if any)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by arcTY(m): 9:38pm On Oct 27, 2020
Good evening house, if one have been denied an f1 visa before, what could be the best reason to give so as not loose the opportunity of been denied the second time?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SoccerUSA(m): 9:41pm On Oct 27, 2020
arcTY:
Good evening house, if one have been denied an f1 visa before, what could be the best reason to give so as not loose the opportunity of been denied the second time?
Be truthful and state exactly why you're denied and what you improved on.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by majiddele75: 9:57pm On Oct 27, 2020
Hi guys, I got an interview date before the covid 19 started but it got cancelled. I heard The embassy has resumed in Lagos but we haven’t received a mail from them. Do we have to reschedule ourselves or wait for them to give us a date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 10:00pm On Oct 27, 2020
Ellamma1:
Bsc: 3.47, mass communication. I haven't written any exam
I copied this from several threads back. These are the basic steps, you can google other stuff you are still confused about and try and read as many pages of this thread as you can, you'll begin to understand more. Then you can ask specific questions :

Having had your major in mind, you'll search for schools , preferably state/public universities around the southern part of the US (living expenses are cheaper down south than north IMO). 4 to 5 schools will be fine just to spread your risk of being admitted. Also let the prospect of getting funded by the school (Graduate Assistantship) be one of the factors to be considered in determining your school. Check out their app requirements in their website. Google is a great resource all through the process. Just a click and you get what you want. Turn in all the required documents. You may be asked to write the gre and toefl to be considered for GA and that's a requirement. Getting GA is competitive so one has to get high scores in it. Some schools may ask for an evaluated transcript, that is changing it from Nigerian standard to US standard. World Education Service (wes ) does that. Once all documents are turned in whether by email or courier or regular mail, the school makes their decision to admit or not. You are contacted after few weeks. Once admitted, most
schools ask that you send a financial statement of your sponsor covering an equivalent amount specified for you. You can scan it to them or send it by courier. Once they receive it, they'll issue you your I-20 document and send it to your address. Once you get your I-20, you go ahead and pay SEVIS fee of $350, usually paid abroad, can't be paid from Nigeria. Then you are set for the embassy. Pay the visa fee, fill your DS-160 form online for a student visa (F1), book an appointment and date, get all supporting documents ready, prepare by reading people's transcript on here, pray, and go get your visa. Don't be scared with all the processes lined up here, it's a step at a time thing. Once you are determined, it'll be easy. People are doing this every day. Cheers.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by majiddele75: 10:02pm On Oct 27, 2020
SoccerUSA:

Hi guys, I got an interview date before the covid 19 started but it got cancelled. I heard The embassy has resumed in Lagos but we haven’t received a mail from them. Do we have to reschedule ourselves or wait for them to give us a date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ferdinand234: 10:47pm On Oct 27, 2020
Thanks a lot. Yes that did it!
Stevenssen:

most likely you left it unsubmitted for more than 30 days and the system deleted it automatically.
Create a new ds160 and update your appointment profile with the new number, then print a new appointment confirmation slip.

Remember to fill and submit this one this time.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tods(f): 11:01pm On Oct 27, 2020
Please who is or who knows anyone studying in Gannon University, Pennsylvania?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Anybodie: 11:33pm On Oct 27, 2020
Ellamma1:

Help yourself by reading the thread from the start and making some preliminary research on Google. If you have any questions afterwards, then you can ask specific questions
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by zeeLady: 11:35pm On Oct 27, 2020
Eiya, people have been receiving their VISAs in Lagos for the past 2 weeks or so. I dont know if they are still accepting emergency appointments, check. Otherwise check their lagos website to see available dates.

majiddele75:

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by arcTY(m): 11:44pm On Oct 27, 2020
SoccerUSA:
thanks for your response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by omomayelakesi: 7:54am On Oct 28, 2020
Good morning all,
Please, can somebody share a link for approved and delayed visas? I know it has been shared before, but am having a hard time locating it on the thread. Thanks in advance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by IrishCrown(f): 8:34am On Oct 28, 2020
Hello,

I have been unable to book F1 visa appointment for two days now. It's saying no date available and now, the pop-up is that I have reached my limit to viewing the page.

How is the process? Is it still the usual pick a date-send an email-fill emergency appointment form?

Please guide me through the process.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NoTimeZone(m): 8:42am On Oct 28, 2020
Good morning bosses in the house.

I have been admitted to Arizona State University, Accountancy (BS), W. P. Carey School of Business, Tempe for Spring 2021.

How do I go about requesting an electronically sent I-20?

Secondly, how do I go about applying for financial aid?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 8:56am On Oct 28, 2020
IrishCrown:
Hello,

I have been unable to book F1 visa appointment for two days now. It's saying no date available and now, the pop-up is that I have reached my limit to viewing the page.

How is the process? Is it still the usual pick a date-send an email-fill emergency appointment form?

Thank you.
I have the same issue!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lightp: 9:18am On Oct 28, 2020
IrishCrown:
Hello,

Thank you.

You can only refresh the page I think 5 times per day, after the 5th time you have to wait till the next day to try again.

With that said you have to time yourself. You can check it once in the morning, try again around 12 pm and again around 4 pm then by 8 pm daily until you see a date you can pick from.

And yes I think they are back to the normal process of picking a date first as I got an email from them some time ago stating they won't be attending to emergency student visa of filling the google doc form again.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by IrishCrown(f): 9:42am On Oct 28, 2020
Thank you.

Lightp:

You can only refresh the page I think 5 times per day, after the 5th time you have to wait till the next day to try again.

With that said you have to time yourself. You can check it once in the morning, try again around 12 pm and again around 4 pm then by 8 pm daily until you see a date you can pick from.

And yes I think they are back to the normal process of picking a date first as I got an email from them some time ago stating they won't be attending to emergency student visa of filling the google doc form again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.