Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,448 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (644) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1362263 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sharon8: 1:49pm On Nov 05, 2020
obexxy:
No I wasnt

The date is not active

And that's my dilemma now.

Were you?

No, I wasn't. The date is not active yet. What should we do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OliveWalls: 1:50pm On Nov 05, 2020
My interview was Oct 19th but I didn't go back to pay reciprocity fee until the last Friday the 30th of Oct.
solastar2:

Please, when was your interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:05pm On Nov 05, 2020
OliveWalls:
Hello friends,

I did my interview earlier this week but didn't pay reciprocity fee because I was told to come back as they were having network issues at the consulate. I have not been able to return because of the unrest in Lagos and the consulate has since been closed. I am due to return to school in December.

If you were me, will you go ahead to pay for plane ticket(s), knowing that we are not certain of how the events in Lagos and Nigeria at large would unfold.

I know my question is subjective, but I could use one or two different perspectives.

Hello friend

You come here to learn and ask question but got your visa and didn't drop a transcript so others can learn a thing or two . Is that how a mutual beneficial friendship works ?....

or let me give you benefit of the doubt that you drop your transcript once you pick your passport?

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 2:17pm On Nov 05, 2020
Please, do I have to fill out the form on the CGI website before proceeding to pay the Visa fee at the bank, or can I just pay it and fill it afterwards?

Anyone, please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 2:30pm On Nov 05, 2020
Geewin69:
Please, do I have to fill out the form on the CGI website before proceeding to pay the Visa fee at the bank, or can I just pay it and fill it afterwards?

Anyone, please?

You have to pay first before you fill it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 2:36pm On Nov 05, 2020
solihp:

You have to pay first before you fill it

Thank you very much.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Milkshakes01(f): 2:38pm On Nov 05, 2020
obexxy:
No I wasnt

The date is not active

Were you?

I don’t think you need to pick the date on your CGI website any longer, all you need to do is go to the embassy on the said day with a printed copy of the email sent to you along with other relevant documents.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Youngstown: 2:45pm On Nov 05, 2020
obexxy:
No I wasnt

The date is not active

Were you?
Same here. The date isn't active, what I did was to proceed with requesting for emergency and following the instructions in the mail I.e uploading a copy of the mail in attachments.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Youngstown: 2:47pm On Nov 05, 2020
Milkshakes01:

I don’t think you need to pick the date on your CGI website any longer, all you need to do is go to the embassy on the said day with a printed copy of the email sent to you along with other relevant documents.
It was stated in the mail to pick a certain date they made available then book the emergency...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 3:15pm On Nov 05, 2020
obexxy:
Hi guys

I just got this mail from Lagos NIV => URGENT - CONFIRM YOUR NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPOINTMENT

My appointment date is Nov13

Who else got this mail?

When did you apply for emergency appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by obexxy: 3:24pm On Nov 05, 2020
Oh the date is active now.

How did you proceed with requesting an expedited date?
Youngstown:
Same here. The date isn't active, what I did was to proceed with requesting for emergency and following the instructions in the mail I.e uploading a copy of the mail in attachments.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by beeclassic(m): 3:27pm On Nov 05, 2020
Check the link in the mail sent, at the later part there is a link to emergency appointment
obexxy:
Oh the date is active now.

How did you proceed with requesting an expedited date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OliveWalls: 3:30pm On Nov 05, 2020
LagosismyHome! The Marshall of our F1 visa thread!

I am actually a returning student. I came home briefly, my visa got expired and then corona happened. I am not sure how my transcript could be helpful as the VO really just had a chat with me. The questions were specific to my school-what's the school's mascot?, do I shop at a particular mall in the city? The VO actually attended a school in the next city to mine. We literally just gisted.

For calling me out, I promise to contribute more to the thread and I hope we continue to be e-friends.

LagosismyHome:

Hello friend

You come here to learn and ask question but got your visa and didn't drop a transcript so others can learn a thing or two . Is that how a mutual beneficial friendship works ?....

or let me give you benefit of the doubt that you drop your transcript once you pick your passport?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 3:36pm On Nov 05, 2020
OliveWalls:
My interview was Oct 19th but I didn't go back to pay reciprocity fee until the last Friday the 30th of Oct.

Abuja or Lagos?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solastar2: 3:41pm On Nov 05, 2020
Has anyone who had their interview on 30th October received passport collection mail?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:44pm On Nov 05, 2020
OliveWalls:
LagosismyHome! The Marshall of our F1 visa thread!

I am actually a returning student. I came home briefly, my visa got expired and then corona happened. I am not sure how my transcript could be helpful as the VO really just had a chat with me. The questions were specific to my school-what's the school's mascot?, do I shop at a particular mall in the city? The VO actually attended a school in the next city to mine. We literally just gisted.

For calling me out, I promise to contribute more to the thread and I hope we continue to be e-friends.

Congrats on your reissued Visa smiley...... feel free to join the party of contributing. You are more than welcome anytime

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OliveWalls: 3:48pm On Nov 05, 2020
I honestly thought you had an answer for me. Anyway, I am sure your pickup mail will come in soon. Cheers.
solastar2:
Has anyone who had their interview on 30th October received passport collection mail?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lucyAA: 3:54pm On Nov 05, 2020
Please when did you apply for it?
obexxy:
Hi guys

I just got this mail from Lagos NIV => URGENT - CONFIRM YOUR NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPOINTMENT

My appointment date is Nov13

Who else got this mail?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Yhettie10: 4:05pm On Nov 05, 2020
benjamina96:
connect walspring.
Pls, how can I connect with Walspring?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olawunm85: 4:11pm On Nov 05, 2020
Hello all, pls i was refused a student visa last week and i have filled and submitted a new form and and paid the fees, but i cant get a date. The site keeps saying no appointment available. My school start date is Jan 25. Can i get expedited visa appiontment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dipdat123: 4:16pm On Nov 05, 2020
@Solihp I used a business SOA for my I20 processing and also took the same SOA for my interview. Why did you say a personal account is better

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Shewa19: 4:18pm On Nov 05, 2020
Hello

I’m a first timer here
I want to reach out to fairheart for mock interview
I can’t find his mail on his profile, how will i reach him
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solastar2: 4:20pm On Nov 05, 2020
OliveWalls:

Lol. I think you should go to Isolo first.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dipdat123: 4:24pm On Nov 05, 2020
Initially when I did my first interview, on my DS 160 form I filled the company name of my half brother as the one sponsoring me. Now that I am going for the second time, do I changed his company name to his name as the one sponsoring me on the DS 160 form Won’t the VO ask why I’m changing from one sponsor to another?? What should be my answer if asked what has changed? Gurus in the house please I need answers to these questions.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by busky007: 4:27pm On Nov 05, 2020
busky007:
Hello house,
Pls do anyone know a good ,effective but cheap courier service , I can use to send documents to the USA within preferably 12 days
help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olawunm85: 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2020
lucyAA:
Please when did you apply for it?
pls how did u get this date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Modelove(f): 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2020
thedsl:
Hi guys. The April 5th date for Lagos is still there and I booked it, but I can see that the emergency request is for people starting their program within 60 days and mine is like 74 days from now. (18th January). Does that mean I’m not fit to apply for the emergency appointment?

Should I try or just wait till 18th November to request an emergency appointment? Please help. Thank you
please go ahead and try ooo....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MISSPUNIG(m): 5:12pm On Nov 05, 2020
Please someone should recommend a nice hotel close to Abuja Embassy.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tsirin(f): 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2020
tsirin:

from April 28th to September 28th
6 months

?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chibzee2: 5:26pm On Nov 05, 2020
beeclassic:
Check the link in the mail sent, at the later part there is a link to emergency appointment
which link please and which particular mail?
i have chosen the new date june 19, but how to request the expedited appointment is the issue now
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by obexxy: 5:32pm On Nov 05, 2020
same here
the expedite appointment button is missing
Chibzee2:

which link please and which particular mail?
i have chosen the new date june 19, but how to request the expedited appointment is the issue now
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chibzee2: 5:33pm On Nov 05, 2020
obexxy:
same here
the expedite appointment button is missing
so you haven't requested for expedited yet right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.