Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (667) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356870 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SeunTol: 8:06am On Nov 12, 2020
GeoOla25:

You can only request for one emergency on a single MRV and cancel appointment once , second cancellation will lead to payment for another MRV.
You can reschedule to Abuja but can’t request emergency again.

Wow. But is it possible for someone to create another account with another email to fill the DS-160 and pay another MRV fee to get emergency slot for Abuja. Can that work?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GeoOla25(m): 9:14am On Nov 12, 2020
SeunTol:

Wow. But is it possible for someone to create another account with another email to fill the DS-160 and pay another MRV fee to get emergency slot for Abuja. Can that work?
Not sure of that.. but you submitted your passport number on the old profile .. anyways hopefully it might work.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by favouredtk: 9:15am On Nov 12, 2020
Henrryng:
Or can i transfer my sevis fee to the new school and everything will be okay.

If your interview is more than 3 days away you can do the following:
1. Fill a new ds-160 and update your confirmation number on the appointment page
2. Transfer your sevis fee to the school you want to attend. Read about sevis fee transfer here https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/2017/06/students-sevp-now-accepts-online-i-901-sevis-fee-transfer-requests

I hope that helps

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Molly90(f): 9:34am On Nov 12, 2020
It's a personal account. I'm yet to submit my Ds160 so I will be changing the name I have on it to my current sponsor. Thank you.

Chonco:

Alright. You've got nothing to worry about.
Just go with the one you have.
And secondly, hope the new one is not a Business account or a statement account that belongs to a business name. It's important you know this. I'm sure you're aware.

Lest i forget, while filling the DS-160, who did you mention as Sponsor?
And for trip payment, did you mention the person's name?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by crisycent: 9:37am On Nov 12, 2020
Good morning all. I need help on how to upload my “civil documents”. Am I (applicant) to upload the documents or it is the petitioner that will upload?

The petitioner also cannot see anywhere it is indicated under the Affidavit of Support section. Please I need help urgently!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by misslag(f): 9:42am On Nov 12, 2020
louis13Th:
Dear All,
Please I need your professional Advise, I have been admitted to study M.A International Affairs at TNS in NYC for fall. Thanks to Covid I deferred to spring 2021.although I have taken a free tuition 3 credits course Called NYC post covid and have bagged my 3 credit from the project submitted from the classes done on canvas. Which further earned me a $3,000 pandemic relief grant now in my school account for me.
And I have gotten an updated I-20 with that of my dependents (Spouse and 2 kids) reason being that when I go it might be cumbersome for my dependents to get their F2 visa so I’m getting everything at once by God’s Grace in 2 weeks as per visa appointment. I’m on full sponsorship by my company, I have all the documents to support my claims. What’s your take on it as per the joint interview with my dependents.

Thank you
Louis
Hello good morning, I would be applying to TNS Alonso for MA international affairs, did you get 75% scholarship with your admission?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 9:51am On Nov 12, 2020
crisycent:
Good morning all. I need help on how to upload my “civil documents”. Am I (applicant) to upload the documents or it is the petitioner that will upload?

The petitioner also cannot see anywhere it is indicated under the Affidavit of Support section. Please I need help urgently!

Are you talking about study visas?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 9:52am On Nov 12, 2020
SeunTol:

No, because your profile is differentiated by passport number. It is kinda locked in. Whatever issues you have, you might want to resolve without opening another account.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GreatMage: 9:53am On Nov 12, 2020
Is it true about the difficulty in gaining admission and entering the USA universities?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Modelove(f): 9:57am On Nov 12, 2020
Ok, No problem.
tsirin:

please can we chat ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by arcTY(m): 9:59am On Nov 12, 2020
morning house, as anyone gotten an earlier date for lagos or abuja? we still dey expect mak embassy release new dates for this month...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ykxcels: 10:10am On Nov 12, 2020
I wish everyone going for interview tomorrow an open door of favor, a door no man can shut!

I appreciate everyone who has shared their transcript both approval and denial, and everyone who is always here to attend to questions in different shades and manner. All those efforts really help many people. Many who will not even come here to share. So I see it as a debt if I failed to share and contribute my own quota.

I started following this trend properly in May when I got admitted with fully funding for fall, and I had to follow through those arguments of embassy opening before August and all. I didn't defer my admission in faith of the embassy opening until my GPC mailed me to do so. I eventually have no option but to defer to Spring as he told me even if as got a visa mid of August it is going to be late already.

Fast Forward...
Amidst of a lot of heartache and headache, I got a date through the email method

Visa Approved
6th November 2020
Lagos Consulate
9AM batch

Profile:
GRE 311
Duolingo 110
First Class
ELect/Elect
Going for Master fully funded.

Got there around 6:20am, so it was a long wait but I keep confessing scriptures Rev 3:8 and Ps 102:13. I had little or no tension.
After the initial Biometrics...getting to the VO

VO: Put you first 4 right fingers there...Me: I did, and greeted, Good morning sir VO: Good morning just a moment take off you nose mask, just a moment...I did

VO: Where are you going?
Me: I am going to Norfolk State University for my masters in Electronics Engineering at Norfolk, Virginia. (I stopped for like a second, then I remember I have not finished my script play, I continued wink) with my research focus on Bioinstrumentation and Control Systems.

VO: Which state is that?(May he thought I will say Norfolk State)
Me: Virginia

VOsadSound impressed) Virginia...!! Do you have an undergraduate degree?
Me: Yes, I studied Electronic and Electrical Engineering at Obafemi Awolowo University

VO: Electronic and Electrical Engineering, why you want to continue
Me: (blanked headed, I said ) I am passionate

VO: Passionate!!! When did you graduate?
Me: August 2017

VO: What have you been doing?
Me: I graduate August 2017, I was mobilized for youth service in 2018, finished in 2019 and I have been working as a researcher at Covenant University, researching in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.

VO: Who is sponsoring you?
Me: I got a graduate assistanship which covers my tuition and living expenses, I will be working with Prof. XYZ on a research titled Nobel Labelfree Optical Imaging Approaches for Early Breast Cancer Detection

At this point I realized, I got the visa, he is already marking the yellow slip and picking the white paper

VO: Are you married?
Me: No

VO: Do you have children?
Me: No sir

VO: I will be approving you visa, go to window... Me(cut) Thank you VO: (Saw my excitement) continued...!

I was already taking off my nose mask before I remembered I am still in the consulate I had to compose myself to go pay my reciprocity fee, I was greeting my others as they come behind me to pay too, like 3 girls we had waited together outside for hours. There a many approvals like 80% than denial.

Thanks to Schrodinger for mock interview. Please take more mock interview than reading or self practicing. Also do mock interview for others.

Goodluck to everyone, I hope I will come here occasionally to answer question like many have been doing, I hope this will not be my last time here cheesy

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SeunTol: 10:30am On Nov 12, 2020
Ykxcels:
I wish everyone going for interview tomorrow an open door of favor, a door no man can shut!

I appreciate everyone who has shared their transcript both approval and denial, and everyone who is always here to attend to questions in different shades and manner. All those efforts really help many people. Many who will not even come here to share. So I see it as a debt if I failed to share and contribute my own quota.

I started following this trend properly in May when a got admitted with fully funding for fall, and I had to follow through those arguments of embassy opening before August and all. I didn't defer my admission in faith of the embassy opening until my GPC mailed me to do so. I eventually have no option but to defer to Spring as he told me even if as got a visa mid of August it is going to be late already.

Fast Forward...
Amidst of a lot of heartache and headache, I got a date through the email method

Visa Approved
6th November 2020
Lagos Consulate
9AM batch

Profile:
GRE 311
Duolingo 110
First Class
ELect/Elect

Got there around 6:20am, so it was a long wait but I keep confessing scriptures Rev 3:8 and Ps 102:13. I had little or no tension.

VO: Put you first 4 right fingers there...Me: I did, and greeted, Good morning sir VO: Good morning just a moment take off you nose mask, just a moment...I did

Me: I am going to Norfolk State University for my masters in Electronics Engineering at Norfolk, Virginia. (I stopped for like a second, then I remember I have not finished my script play, I continued wink) with my research focus on Bioinstrumentation and Control Systems.

Me: Yes, I studied Electronic and Electrical Engineering at Obafemi Awolowo University

Me: I graduate August 2017, I was mobilized for youth service in 2018, finished in 2019 and I have been working as a researcher at Covenant University, researching in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.

Me: I got a graduate assistanship which covers my tuition and living expenses, I will be working with Prof. XYZ on a research titled Nobel Labelfree Optical Imaging for Early Breast Cancer Detection

At this point I realized, I got the visa, he is already marking the yellow slip and picking the white paper

VO: I will be approving you visa, go to window... Me(cut) Thank you VO: (Saw my excitement) continued...!

I was already taking off my nose mask before I remembered I am still in the consulate I had to compose myself to go pay my reciprocity fee, I was greeting my others as they come behind me to pay too, like 3 girls we had waited together outside for hours. There a many approvals like 80% than denial.

Thanks to Schrodinger for mock interview. Please take more mock interview than reading or self practicing. Also do mock interview for others.

Goodluck to everyone, I hope I will come here occasionally to answer question like many have been doing, I hope this will not be my last time here cheesy

Impressive! Thank God
Congratulations once again
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 10:32am On Nov 12, 2020
GreatMage:
Is it true about the difficulty in gaining admission and entering the USA universities?

Like most organized processes, there is a way to go about it. Start reading this thread from beginning to know just how to go about it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Beegirl1(f): 10:42am On Nov 12, 2020
Visa Approved
6th November 2020
Lagos Consulate
9AM batch

Profile:
GRE 311
Duolingo 110
First Class
ELect/Elect

Me: (blanked headed, I

Me: I got a graduate assistanship which covers my tuition and living expenses, I will be working with Prof. XYZ on a research titled Nobel Labelfree Optical Imaging for Early Breast Cancer Detection

[/quote]

Congratulations

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by goldbergg: 11:40am On Nov 12, 2020
I dont understand what they mean by tuition per credit hour? I am seeing 890 and you are required to have 30 credi
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by goldbergg: 11:41am On Nov 12, 2020
I dont understand what they mean by tuition per credit hour? I am seeing 890 and you are required to have 30 credits
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 11:51am On Nov 12, 2020
GiftyDiamond:
Please explain your take on using a business account.
So if one has a flourishing business with such amount, it can't be used or must it be from a personal account only?

Personal account shows that it's personal and the money there is unconnected to your business dealings.
In other words, it's assumed that personal accounts are real accounts. It shows that the money truly belongs to you and always shows your capacity to fund your education. Yes, a business account can have millions of naira, but it doesn't show your genuineness because it's also assumed that since statement of account is a required doc, anybody can easily get a business statement of account(because it has the record of all income and expenditures in millions), hence the name "business account".

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 11:52am On Nov 12, 2020
goldbergg:
I dont understand what they mean by tuition per credit hour? I am seeing 890 and you are required to have 30 credits
Per semester, right?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 11:52am On Nov 12, 2020
Ykxcels:

I started following this trend properly in May when I got admitted with fully funding for fall, and I had to follow through those arguments of embassy opening before August and all. I didn't defer my admission in faith of the embassy opening until my GPC mailed me to do so. I eventually have no option but to defer to Spring as he told me even if as got a visa mid of August it is going to be late already.

Fast Forward...

Visa Approved
6th November 2020
Lagos Consulate
9AM batch

Profile:
GRE 311
Duolingo 110
First Class
ELect/Elect

Me: I got a graduate assistanship which covers my tuition and living expenses, I will be working with Prof. XYZ on a research titled Nobel Labelfree Optical Imaging Approaches for Early Breast Cancer Detection

CONGRATS

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ifesinachi22(m): 11:54am On Nov 12, 2020
hairbyuj:
Please I need someone to put me through on the following.

1. Sample letter to send to school for scholarship or to the school.

2. Schools that offer Scholarship for Master in Supply chain management and Logistics.

3. Every other things I need for gain admission.

Am open to WhatsApp.http:///2347061960316

Please help me

I have a material in PDF format. More than 500 schools offering full funding for PhD and Masters programs. Almost all departments are covered.

If this is what you mean, then indicate i will send the material to you.

Masters and PhD only. No Undergraduate.

Full Funding plus stipend. 500+ Universities.

Indicate if this is what you need

Hit me up on WhatsApp

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 11:54am On Nov 12, 2020
chrisadigwe:

Please the statement of account I used is registered to a business name. What do you think I should do

Have you submitted your DS 160?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by goldbergg: 12:19pm On Nov 12, 2020
Chonco:

Per semester, right?

I guess so

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by goldbergg: 12:20pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ifesinachi22:

I have a material in PDF format. More than 500, schools offering full funding for PhD and Masters programs. Almost all departments are covered.

I dont mind if this is shared! Thank you in advance

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juniorsworld(m): 12:31pm On Nov 12, 2020
Hello all,

I'm looking to depart Nigeria to the US, soon, where I know they don't require any PCR test, at least, for Texas. The plane I'm boarding also doesn't require a PCR test.

My question is will Murtala Airport or the Nigeria govt require that I get one?

Arrival in Nigeria means you must get one but I have not seen anything for departure from Nigeria in the US Consulate website, in any airline website or online. Plus, it'll make no sense to get one even though the airline and my destination don't require it.

Oh, also the layover country does not require it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by crisycent: 12:40pm On Nov 12, 2020
Cocao:

Are you talking about study visas?

No! It’s an immigrant visa.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juniorsworld(m): 12:46pm On Nov 12, 2020
juniorsworld:
Hello all,

I'm looking to depart Nigeria to the US, soon, where I know they don't require any PCR test, at least, for Texas. The plane I'm boarding also doesn't require a PCR test.

My question is will Murtala Airport or the Nigeria govt require that I get one?

Arrival in Nigeria means you must get one but I have not seen anything for departure from Nigeria in the US Consulate website, in any airline website or online. Plus, it'll make no sense to get one even though the airline and my destination don't require it.

Oh, also the layover country does not require it.

Nevermind.

For the people curious, the NCDC states that getting a PCR test depends entirely on both the airline and travel destination.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NigPatriot(m): 1:07pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ifesinachi22:

I have a material in PDF format. More than 500, schools offering full funding for PhD and Masters programs. Almost all departments are covered.

Please send to me Lan4greatness@yahoo.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Bellaluve(f): 2:00pm On Nov 12, 2020
Congratulations

Ykxcels:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gabby1234: 2:12pm On Nov 12, 2020
Hello house,

Anybody having issue with expedite appointment denied and his/her earliest regular appointment is April.

I'm just too confused right now.
Please what is the way forward
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SeunTol: 2:25pm On Nov 12, 2020
Gabby1234:
Hello house,

Anybody having issue with expedite appointment denied and his/her earliest regular appointment is April.

I'm just too confused right now.
Please what is the way forward

Same here
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gabby1234: 2:29pm On Nov 12, 2020
SeunTol:

Same here

What is the next thing to do now, because I don't know. Just here ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.