Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (675) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1361446 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 9:18pm On Nov 13, 2020
sonofakin:
I don't know if you are joking but even the Secretary of States does not have the rights to reverse a Visa officer's decision. If you really believe that then the jokes is on you
Not everything looks natural.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Henrryng: 9:19pm On Nov 13, 2020
Henrryng:
Hello guys,
Please how good are my chances as an undergraduate student without any funding. I'm asking because most testimonies are of msc and phd.
Please can someone answer this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 9:22pm On Nov 13, 2020
Henrryng:
Hello guys,
Please how good are my chances as an undergraduate student without any funding. I'm asking because most testimonies are of msc and phd.

Just get your documents ready, get prepared, pray and go for your interview and be hopeful.

Having Funding is not even an automatic gateway. Get what you have. Have you been surfing the net to know if you can see any? It's kind of difficult to see for an undergraduate program.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Poshlately: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2020
GiftyDiamond:

Hello, please I sent you a PM.

Hi
Please can I get your email address @fairheart?
I really need your assistance for my mock interview.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solastar2: 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2020
Pjomo:

You don’t need to believe it, we carry different grace. Mine is special. Enjoy your buhari and let me enjoy my biden in peace

Who is enjoying Buhari? When my ticket is already counting down.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pjomo: 9:26pm On Nov 13, 2020
solastar2:

Who is enjoying Buhari? When my ticket is already counting down.
You sef wan follow me enjoy BIDEN.. Wow! Nice one my brother. Sorry for insulting you. F*ck Buhari, God bless America. Safe flight brother
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lifeisforliving: 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2020
Pjomo:

No wonder you haven’t gained admission into EMU or Palmwine. I pity you, you better focus on how your reference letter will be uploaded instead of hating on my visa approval. Don’t worry, I will file you a Green Card if your admission is denied.

The way you respond �

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pjomo: 9:32pm On Nov 13, 2020
Lifeisforliving:

The way you respond �
Brother, I cannot wait for Karma. The reason why I give them what they deserve instead of waiting for karma to do its job
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jhidey08(m): 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2020
Hollyholy:

Lagos
Okay, thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Neeta02(f): 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2020
Neeta02:
Visa approved this morning. No funding, an uncle was my sponsor & I have strong ties to the US but God came through for me. I’ll post my transcript once I’m calm. Thanks guys
Visa interview transcript

School: Western Illinois University
Program: Ms Computer Science
Scholarship: 2k
Deficit: 21,770
Sponsor: Uncle
Gpa: 3.4/4.0
Lagos consulate, Nov 13 2020

My interview lasted about 3-4mins at window 11. My appt was for 8am but it got to my turn around 8:20am

So my interview proper...

Vo: good morning
Me: hi, good morning

Vo: please place your 4 left fingers on the scanner (or whatever he said, can’t remember) & pass me your documents
Me: Ok

Vo: so tell me how you took the decision to go to this school
Me: sorry, (in my mind I wasn’t expecting this question now, & not in this pattern na. What happened to where are you going to & why this school?)

Vo: Repeats question
Me: So after I decided I was going to get a master’s degree, I carried out my research online using some academic websites. I saw over 10 schools that I met their requirements & applied to Western & 6 others. I chose Western because of my interest in an ongoing research by Prof D. on software quality models for the evaluation of software products. I’m highly interested in this research because it aligns with my career goal of becoming a software developer. As a software developer, I need to ensure that the overall functionality & features of a software product I’ll build for my clients meet their expectations, so this research seeks to measure the various software quality models that would best fit any software I want to build in order to get a perfect quality software void of bugs. (I said all these kinda fast sha & a bit shaky cos his whole concentration was on me & I didn’t want him to cut me short)

Vo: so who’s going to pay your $21,700 deficit?
Me: my uncle, Mr K is my sponsor

Vo: what does he do?
Me: He’s the chief accountant & head of e-payment unit at the hq of INEC Abuja. ( I wasn’t clear at all here cos he was gazing into my soul)

Vo: How many children does your sponsor have?
Me: 4 kids ( he didn’t hear me clearly so he asked me to repeat)

Vo: Are they older or younger than you?
Me: they are younger

Vo: How many siblings do you have?
Me: 1. I have an elder sister

Vo: what does she do?
Me: she’s a US citizen & a student

Vo: where is she?
Me: Toledo, Ohio

Vo: oh Ohio! (with his sweet accent) How did she become a US citizen?
Me: she got married to a US citizen here in Nigeria in 2012.

Vo: uhhh that’s a long time! What does her husband do?
Me: yeah! He’s an engineer ( forgot the company he works with, thank God the Vo didn’t ask)

Vo: what did you say your parents do again?
Me: my dad is a clergy & my mom is currently not working because she’s ill ( I mentioned the illness).

Vo: oh sorry
Me thank you

Vo: what does your sister do again?
Me: she’s a student at University of Toledo

Vo: can you please repeat what your sponsor does?
Me: he’s the chief accountant & head of e-payment department at the hq of INEC Abuja.

Types for a long while (the hour of decision) & reaches for the white paper. In my mind I was like are my eyes deceiving me like this? is that a white paper or blue?
Then he said the golden words... please have your passport & i20.... & proceed to window 22 to pay your reciprocity fee.
I was just saying thank you upandan until I left there.

God came through for me today. No docs were asked, the odds were against me but He did His wonders. I won’t stop thanking Him.

Fairheart number 1 of NL, lol. Thank you for the encouragement & assurance that I would be granted this visa even without funding & the mock too, I’m short of words. May God bless you.
I won’t fail to thank Texrem. It was just 1 mock I had with him that he told me to change my response to why this school, he even gave me a pattern to follow & asked that I get back to him immediately, lol. The kinda things he said to me that day ehn I nearly cried. He is too real & blunt, but guess what, it paid off today. I won’t stop thanking you oh Texrem. God bless you as you continue to help others.
To every other person who contributed in one way or the other by posting transcripts & all y’all are too much. God bless.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Shehuroj: 10:14pm On Nov 13, 2020
fairheart:

I am sorry about your wife's and baby refusal.
I think it is important to note that VOs looks at cases differently. Those who were approved with F1-F2 were probably not interviewed by the VO that intervieweed your wife today. Now, during interview, VO usually ask about husband or wife coming to join later--in case you are married with kids. It is possible the VO that approved your visa asked you this question. Perhaps? What you said was No, not at this time. Probably? You have been in the US for a year, and now, your wife and only kid was about to join you. The VO probably thought this is a plan to migrate since you are already in the US and your wife and kids will not be returning to Nigeria with you once you graduate--if at all you will return yourself. I know this may not be the case.

Another thing is, I don't think she has funding, although she really gave very strong points during our mock. Now, here is another question: if you and your wife and baby are out, what is the chances of coming back after graduation? Very slim to impossible--in the mind of the VO. This is how they think.

She can change class of visa to F2, but I really hope that works. Now, I really hope, because that will confirm exactly what the VO might be thinking, that they are runing to come and be with you and you guys do not really want to return (assuming this is what he thought). Have you visited Nigeria since you travelled?

This type of case is hard to predict or say something definite on. Last fall, a lady I'd call T (not her real name) was refused twice with her baby, even though she has funding, and have been to the US like twice or so (can't remember details vividly anymore). After deliberation, I suggested she might need to leave the baby with hubby in Nigeria and apply alone--just to show her intention is purely for studies. She said she thought about the same and boom, she reapplied, and she was given the visa in December. She's in Indiana now, studying.

Another example is Bley (name changed). She got funding from XX university, and even though she is a mother, she applied alone. I think after a year and half, she returned to pick the infant (early this year), and according to her, the VO who interviewed her and the baby sympathised as why she left a baby so young behind for studies in the US. Now, something happened: Before Bley came in January, her hubby got admission to the same school, full funding. My dear, he was refused like 5 times. I remember grilling him over the phone. My grilling failed! grin Na so he chill and let go. Till now, the husband no get the visa. But wife and baby don dey US.

Case differ. No two VOs are the same, and even if they are same, they are unlikely to make same decision on different applications. Which is why you should not look at why it worked for others and not for you at this time.

One thing I am very sure about the US embassy is that, if they smell intention to run, they will refuse. It doesnt matter how you feel! Their job is to refuse anyone they feel isn't a credible student (even if the applicant is credible). How do you make them see that you're credible? So how do you show you are a credible student with intent to return to Nigeria after studies? Well, there's no single way to it, and in your wife's case, it is tricky.

My advice for her is to try again. But if getting funding is possible, tell her to try. It takes competitiveness to get funding, and I want to believe that every VO sees your funding as an opportunity you cherished and that you'd not abandon that just for your relationship. If your wife wants to show that credibility and remove the intent to migrate that appears to be visible (because you're there, and now, she is coming with your only child), she should have a competitive admission. OR, drop your baby out of the application. OR, she can try again and see how it goes.

Please note: I AM NOT A VO. THIS IS PURELY AN OPINION FROM MY ASSESSMENT OF YOUR SITUATION.
I hope this can help you make the right decision.

Hey, thank you for taking your time to dissect the situation and your brilliant suggestions. Although, she was given 30% funding for the program. However, they will reapply for the F-1 & F-2 again hoping for God's favor this time.
Lest I forget, accept my appreciation for the great work you did with them during the mock interviews. God bless you.

Thanks to everyone who have contributed so far.
One love.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ifesinachi22(m): 10:40pm On Nov 13, 2020
Congratulations baby girl. I tap into this favour

Neeta02:

My interview lasted about 3-4mins at window 11. My appt was for 8am but it got to my turn around 8:20am

Vo: please place your 4 left fingers on the scanner (or whatever he said, can’t remember) & pass me your documents

Me: sorry, (in my mind I wasn’t expecting this question now, & not in this pattern na. What happened to where are you going to & why this school?)

Me: So after I decided I was going to get a master’s degree, I carried out my research online using some academic websites. I saw over 10 schools that I met their requirements & applied to Western & 6 others. I chose Western because of my interest in an ongoing research by Prof D. on software quality models for the evaluation of software products. I’m highly interested in this research because it aligns with my career goal of becoming a software developer. As a software developer, I need to ensure that the overall functionality & features of a software product I’ll build for my clients meet their expectations, so this research seeks to measure the various software quality models that would best fit any software I want to build in order to get a perfect quality software void of bugs. (I said all these kinda fast sha & a bit shaky cos his whole concentration was on me & I didn’t want him to cut me short)

Me: He’s the chief accountant & head of e-payment unit at the hq of INEC Abuja. ( I wasn’t clear at all here cos he was gazing into my soul)

Me: yeah! He’s an engineer ( forgot the company he works with, thank God the Vo didn’t ask)

Me: my dad is a clergy & my mom is currently not working because she’s ill ( I mentioned the illness).

Me thank you

Me: he’s the chief accountant & head of e-payment department at the hq of INEC Abuja.

Types for a long while (the hour of decision) & reaches for the white paper. In my mind I was like are my eyes deceiving me like this? is that a white paper or blue?
Then he said the golden words... please have your passport & i20.... & proceed to window 22 to pay your reciprocity fee.

God came through for me today. No docs were asked, the odds were against me but He did His wonders. I won’t stop thanking Him.

Fairheart number 1 of NL, lol. Thank you for the encouragement & assurance that I would be granted this visa even without funding & the mock too, I’m short of words. May God bless you.
I won’t fail to thank Texrem. It was just 1 mock I had with him that he told me to change my response to why this school, he even gave me a pattern to follow & asked that I get back to him immediately, lol. The kinda things he said to me that day ehn I nearly cried. He is too real & blunt, but guess what, it paid off today. I won’t stop thanking you oh Texrem. God bless you as you continue to help others.
To every other person who contributed in one way or the other by posting transcripts & all y’all are too much. God bless.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NoTimeZone(m): 10:42pm On Nov 13, 2020
Good evening bosses.

I submitted my DS-160 today and my question is can I go ahead and book an appointment or is there a number of days one should wait before he/she books?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 10:47pm On Nov 13, 2020
NoTimeZone:
Good evening bosses.

I submitted my DS-160 today and my question is can I go ahead and book an appointment or is there a number of days one should wait before he/she books?

You submitted or paid?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NoTimeZone(m): 10:50pm On Nov 13, 2020
Chonco:

You submitted or paid?
I submitted my DS-160 today and I've paid my Visa application fee on Monday this week.

And between the GT bank brown teller and the white paper I was given, which one contains my receipt number for booking an appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 10:50pm On Nov 13, 2020
Neeta02:

Me thank you

Congrats

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Agnestardom: 11:07pm On Nov 13, 2020
Lifeisforliving:

Hello @ Fairheart Please I sent you an email, I will like to have a mock with you. Thank you in anticipation for a Response

Hi,
Can I be added to this mick mock interview please?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Agnestardom: 11:14pm On Nov 13, 2020
@fairheart

Hello and trust this meets you well.

Kindly add me to your mock list�.

Na beg I dey beg... interview is in 3 days.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sugarxx: 11:17pm On Nov 13, 2020
Hi guys, I had my interview scheduled for November ending. However I received an email today saying that my interview was rescheduled to the day before my prior appointment.

Please what could be the reason for this?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 11:23pm On Nov 13, 2020
Sugarxx:
Hi guys, I had my interview scheduled for November ending. However I received an email today saying that my interview was rescheduled to the day before my prior appointment.

Please what could be the reason for this?

It happens. Just make sure you check the new time and confirm it's correct.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 11:24pm On Nov 13, 2020
NoTimeZone:
I submitted my DS-160 today and I've paid my Visa application fee on Monday this week.

And between the GT bank brown teller and the white paper I was given, which one contains my receipt number for booking an appointment?

White.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 11:27pm On Nov 13, 2020
I have a lot of messages in my inbox, with all sort of questions.
I have to say this is a time of rush and pressure for everyone.
I have been very busy, but I promise to reply every message and try to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge.
Please keep asking your questions here except it's personal and you cannot share publicly.
Two of the guys who recently got their visas have promised to always come here to help with answers to questions.

On Emergency Appointment
To those messaging me about what to do if their emergency appointment is denied. Please note, there's not much than to wait for new date to pop up for the location you requested an emergency appointment from (then reshedule for that location or to a second location). Or cancel your current unsuitable appointment, lose the visa fee and pay a new visa fee, then request emergency from that location or another location.

But I think as more people are interviewed, earlier dates may show up. Should you wait? Should you cancel and pay another visa fee? Only the applicant can answer this question.
If this is your question, please relief me of the stress by taking what's explained above as the answer you'd get from me. There are other people that can also answer questions here, even better than me. They are always ready to help.
_____

To those who were refused today or other times, please note that the F-1 visa is like a goal. Sometimes, we fail to achieve it once, but will you stop? NO! A goal is something you pursue until attained, adjusting in your pursuit, looking for better options, taking instructions, and so on. You adjust, push again, prepare better, or wait and get a strong and competitive admission with funding. You don't give up on your goal, or it would mean you never really wanted to achieve it in the first place.

Disappointment is a part of the human experience. Some of us had to experience it to become wise, stronger, learn, change our view and embrace the reality that life is not easy, and so on. But a single setback, even multiple setback, doesn't mean it is the end of our dream. Fall 6 times? Get up the 7th! So get up! Don't give up if you mean it.

All the best!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adaeta1: 11:33pm On Nov 13, 2020
Hi!what's th update about travel home to naija?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 11:41pm On Nov 13, 2020
Neeta02:

My dear, you deserve this and I am genuinely happy for you! Did you know that there are some people that cannot be encouraged? They just don't get it, but not you. Please thank God and not me, and thank yourself for paying your dues and allowing to be guided and instructed. I remember when you asked me about WIU last year or early this year and I asked about funding and we concluded it's not certain. You asked if you should try, and I said sure and you did. Make I leave the rest of the story!
Na because you try make you see this result today o! So, thank yourself for doing what needed to be done to achieve what you set out to achieve. Even though I cannot accept to be number 1 on NL, thank you for hyping me and congratulations again!

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jolek15: 12:25am On Nov 14, 2020
Hi guys, I just got admitted to Michigan Missouri University. No schorlaship or Assistantship. Am supposed to go by January but I've not booked at all, is it too late to book as I don't know if I can get a appointment before January or I should defer the admission till August?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Abone2: 12:31am On Nov 14, 2020
I still await your suggestions pls. @fairheart, @walspring, others too
Abone2:
My wife encountered a similar issue today at the Lagos embassy. She said she was only asked the question about having a kid or not and she replied No then the next question was about who's your sponsor and she replied mother-in-law and the next thing was sorry...with the blue paper. I strongly suspect the reason has to do with home ties. No documents was checked.

@fairheart and other gurus in the house, please help look at this situation and suggest possible way forward.
I am on F1 with funding and only about 5k deficit cos of the dependent. I left 9ja in 2019, my visa will expire in Jan 2021 and with the F2 denial my wife got today, what can we do?

I was thinking, do we stand a chance if I travel to 9ja by Dec and schedule for my visa renewal and possibly schedule to go together with my wife this time but my fear is, what if I get denied(I wont be able to return to US to continue my studies) since both of us are planning to leave together. Even if I visit Mexico or Canada for the renewal, same issue may still arise. Challenge now is, what is way forward for my wife. reapply asap or chill. Suggestions are appreciated

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 1:13am On Nov 14, 2020
Hello, please can we have a mock interview session at your convenience? I already sent you a mail request.
Thank you very much

fairheart:

My dear, you deserve this and I am genuinely happy for you! Did you know that there are some people that cannot be encouraged? They just don't get it, but not you. Please thank God and not me, and thank yourself for paying your dues and allowing to be guided and instructed. I remember when you asked me about WIU last year or early this year and I asked about funding and we concluded it's not certain. You asked if you should try, and I said sure and you did. Make I leave the rest of the story!
Na because you try make you see this result today o! So, thank yourself for doing what needed to be done to achieve what you set out to achieve. Even though I cannot accept to be number 1 on NL, thank you for hyping me and congratulations again!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dudun007: 1:14am On Nov 14, 2020
Hello guys, I need you thoughts on this if you have ever experience it.

Its a case of an applicants pursuing student visa for two universities at different countries ( U.S and Canada) simultaneously same courses and almost same course duration. Canada is the applicants preferred choice/destination but U.S gave full funding unlike Canada with partial

If the U.S student visa was approved on time and passport stamped already and then later the Canadian visa becomes sucessful and IRCC requested for the applicants passport to be stamped.
Questions:
1)Will the passport be rejected at the Canadian VAC,
2) if the Canada stamps the passport, at the Canadian /u.s border will questions arise and will applicant be sent back home.

Please share any similar experience.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phori: 1:47am On Nov 14, 2020
hello guys, please must i be within the 60 days of resumption as stated on my i-20 before i can apply for emergency interview?

how many time can one reschedule their apppointment with the embassy. I no wan go shoot myself for leg oo. thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.