Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,632 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (677) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356495 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 10:11am On Nov 14, 2020
simpul:
Good morning house,please I can't find any date on CGI website again. Does this mean no one can schedule a date again?

Lagos?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 10:12am On Nov 14, 2020
simpul:
Good morning house,please I can't find any date on CGI website again. Does this mean no one can schedule a date again?

It means you have to wait and keep checking. Available dates will appear but it seems none is available for now.
Keep checking; you can also change your location to see if there are dates there.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by simpul(m): 10:23am On Nov 14, 2020
Chonco:

Lagos?

Yes.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by simpul(m): 10:24am On Nov 14, 2020
fairheart:

It means you have to wait and keep checking. Available dates will appear but it seems none is available for now.
Keep checking; you can also change your location to see if there are dates there.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by edox15: 10:35am On Nov 14, 2020
fairheart:

In my opinion, $44K is too much. What happened to schools that are less expensive?
You can try again if you feel you will do better during your next interview.

This is the only one I applied and got admitted into. I'm considering giving it another try but is it advisable to choose Abuja this time instead of Lagos.
Also, the earliest date I'm seeing are for March and April 2021 and since I was denied, will I be eligible for expedited appointment if I book those dates.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by femi2016: 10:58am On Nov 14, 2020
Chonco:

Yeah, it happens. They may still send in another mail telling you to complete your registration. But to be on a safe side, send them a mail asap and clarify with them

please which of the Tulane University?

Louisiana State
Or
NewYork?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 11:06am On Nov 14, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Congrats ..... May God bless your new journey
Amen! Great thanks Ma'am.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 11:07am On Nov 14, 2020
Greenman2020:

Congratulations man. God has a way of rewarding his people. Cheers!
Great thanks Sir.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 11:08am On Nov 14, 2020
Walesherbey:
Congrats to everyone who's visa has been approved and to us whose interview is next week I hope and pray we come with visa approval transcript.
Amen! More grace to you all.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 11:09am On Nov 14, 2020
fairheart:

Congratulations!!!
I am happy that you figured things out and all went well. I sent 2 messages asking about your eventual plans. But it's now a story!
All Glory be to God. New height for you.
Amen! Great thanks Sir! More grace.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 11:32am On Nov 14, 2020
vc1177:

Amen! More grace to you all.

Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:26pm On Nov 14, 2020
edox15:

The cost of my I-20 is $44k, no funding but I have a sponsors statement of account of a little over $100k.
I guess I was a bit nervous that's why I stuttered but he didn't even let me finish one sentence.
Any ideas on what I can do differently ? Perhaps, may be how I can start my responses.
Thanks for taking out time to respond, I very much appreciate.

44k for one year is not beans oooo. Except the sponsor is a parent , it will be hard to sell .

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TaiwoBa(f): 1:13pm On Nov 14, 2020
I was denied an F1 visa along with my 2 dependents. I intent to reapply immediately alone against January 2021.Is there any possibility for that and how do I go about it please? Also, we were denied because the vo said it is on record that my spouse mentioned he had a kid in past application, do you think we could be banned because of that? This is the second denial together.I have full funding. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:25pm On Nov 14, 2020
TaiwoBa:
I was denied an F1 visa along with my 2 dependents. I intent to reapply immediately alone against January 2021.Is there any possibility for that and how do I go about it please? Also, we were denied because the vo said it is on record that my spouse mentioned he had a kid in past application, do you think we could be banned because of that? This is the second denial together.I have full funding. Thanks

Did he really have a child. ..... or he made that up in a previous application
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Philadelphia: 1:34pm On Nov 14, 2020
nitdude:
Visa Approved.
Date: November 6 2020. 8:00 am.

Transcript:

Me: Good morning Sir.

VO: Good morning. Place your four fingers on the scanner, then your two thump fingers.

Me: I did all as required.

VO: Where are you going in the USA

ME: I am a graduate student of xxn university studying MSc degree in Chemistry. I want to resume for in- person classes in spring 2021 to continue and complete my program.

VO: Which school did you attend for your undergraduate studies.

Me: I attended xxxx University with major in applied chemistry

VO:. When did you graduate

Me:. September 2009.

VO:. Why did it take you this long to go for a master's program.

Me:. Because I have been working in the pharmaceutical industry since my graduation and National Youth Service. I am having a good career in the industry. I believe work experience I have now will be on great use during my graduate program as I am mature and focused on the specific research I want to do in the area of drug design, synthesis, instrumentation & characterisation and commercialization.

VO: (looking curious) Ok tell me, what do you do now in your current role.

Me: I work with xxxbn pharmaceutical company as an Asst Quality Control Manager. Infact I analysed medicines and approve from the lab which are used by millions of people in Nigeria and other African countries. If there is a quality defects in produced drugs and I fail to detect it in the lab then lives could be lost with severe consequences.

VO: Do you know the cost of this program

Me:. Xxxxn USD. But I have GA to work in the department's laboratory, a housing scholarship for the entire duration of the program. I also have personal savings from my job.

Me: (he kept typing for some time and I didn't want silence) so I said Sir can I put on my nose mask now? Because I had earlier removed it during biometrics.

VO: yes please you can put it back on

Me: ( trying to have his attention) I said " Sir can I tell you more why this degree is very important for me?

VO: (looking straight into my eyes while I looked into his his confidence, but not arrogant) yes please tell me

Me: like I said before I analyse medicines that many lives depends on. This program will improve my scientific and technical competence in all areas of drug analysis, advanced chemical instrumentation due to the increasing regulatory requirements in promoting the quality of medicines. When I conclude this program, I will be coming back to continue to train young scientists working with me in the lab and will fulfill the requirements to be promoted to senior managerial level in my organisation.

VO:. (types for some seconds) and asked are you married

Me:. No, but I am in a serious relationship and will be getting married on my return from this program.

VO: Okay, I will be approving your visa. Go to window 22 and pay reprocity fee ( Then the usual POE advise them gave me white paper with yellow tag)

Note: I wrote this transcript BC I know it might be of great use to working professionals who have been in the industry of any for some years before going for a graduate program. In all things prepare well and pray, God can do all things. No financial documents was
asked

Nobody forced you to share your transcript.
I don’t see any need for your to share transcript and be hiding details using xx university or $xx. I’m mean, how is this even beneficial to anyone learning?

How would you have learnt if others before you shared transcript this way?

Nobody beg or force you to share transcript

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by louis13Th: 1:47pm On Nov 14, 2020
Hello guys,
I was refused my F1 visa and my 3 dependents F2 as well.
Before the interview the VO said the whole family is here, I smiled yes all the questions was as I have rehearsed in my transcript.
Where are you headed
Why are you going to the school
Who is funding
Gave you travelled out of Nigeria before
Which was a yes and where I answered Ghana , and Cotonou
VO: with your family or alone ?
Me: alone on official assignment
I was expecting the white paper when he handed me the blue and said under section 214 or so
I told VO that I have already bagged in a 3 credit from a recently completed project with the school
VO: I’m sorry the interview is now over
Me: I need to be in school
VO: switched mic off
And as we stepped out I was called to come pickup one of our passports with VO
At the gate an elderly uniform guard whispered to me to reapply alone next week ?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by nitdude: 1:58pm On Nov 14, 2020
Philadelphia:

I don’t see any need for your to share transcript and be hiding details using xx university or $xx. I’m mean, how is this even beneficial to anyone learning?

I felt the name of the school is not necessary as well as the cost amount. I felt only the questions and answer was necessary. I HV read many transcript here like that. No offense please.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TaiwoBa(f): 2:17pm On Nov 14, 2020
He said he didn't mention he had a child but it was on their record he told an officer he had a child

Did he really have a child. ..... or he made that up in a previous application [/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Deltayankeeboi: 3:00pm On Nov 14, 2020
Philadelphia:

Albeit excluding his choice university and place of work, I actually learnt a lot from his transcripts than I did with most others. It was well detailed and concise.

I don't see why the university he is going to should be anyone's problem.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TaiwoBa(f): 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2020
No he didn't, he said he didn't mention that but it is on their record he told the officer that.

LagosismyHome:

Did he really have a child. ..... or he made that up in a previous application
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lasthero: 3:08pm On Nov 14, 2020
Pjomo:
Appointment was 7am

Me: Goodmorning
VO: why USA
Me: Answered
VO: Why NCAT
VO: what research
Me: Answered But seems she wasn’t impressed, (VO cuts in)
VO: Are you married
VO: I’m sorry you are not qualified bla bla bla, and she gave me a white paper

As I was going out of the building past the security men, the CGI guy came to call me back
CGI: (running fast) Mr Pjomo Mr Pjomo, the VO is calling you
Me: calling me?. She just denied me. I replied
CGI: yeah she told me to call you back
Me: Look, I’m not here to beg for visa, if US doesn’t grant me, another country will
CGI: we are sorry sir, just obey her call
Me: Okay. (I obliged)

Back to the main building
Same VO: I was only joking with you , I just wanna see your reaction
Me: I thought as much as my answers were amazing and I spoke audibly
VO: (utter the sweet words) I will be approving your visa. Pick it up on bla bla and proceed to pay the reciprocity fee.

It can only be God. Thanks to fairheart, julsbaby, slimmy2005, lagosismyhome, imperiouxxx., walspring, justwise, holuwadarey ftos. You guys are the best! I owe you alot

This look like a joke. Is this real?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 3:14pm On Nov 14, 2020
Pjomo:
Appointment was 7am

Me: Goodmorning
VO: why USA
VO: Why NCAT
VO: what research
Me: Answered But seems she wasn’t impressed, (VO cuts in)
VO: Are you married
VO: I’m sorry you are not qualified bla bla bla, and she gave me a white paper

As I was going out of the building past the security men, the CGI guy came to call me back
CGI: (running fast) Mr Pjomo Mr Pjomo, the VO is calling you
Me: calling me?. She just denied me. I replied
CGI: yeah she told me to call you back
Me: Look, I’m not here to beg for visa, if US doesn’t grant me, another country will
CGI: we are sorry sir, just obey her call
Me: Okay. (I obliged)

Back to the main building
Same VO: I was only joking with you , I just wanna see your reaction
Me: I thought as much as my answers were amazing and I spoke audibly
VO: (utter the sweet words) I will be approving your visa. Pick it up on bla bla and proceed to pay the reciprocity fee.

It can only be God. Thanks to fairheart, julsbaby, slimmy2005, lagosismyhome, imperiouxxx., walspring, justwise, holuwadarey ftos. You guys are the best! I owe you alot

Why do I have a feeling that this is a trolling?.

Like seriously?

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 3:44pm On Nov 14, 2020
Muleriders:

Why do I have a feeling that this is a trolling?.

Like seriously?
if you check his previous posts you'd know he's just trolling

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by drlucky17: 3:57pm On Nov 14, 2020
This is a very serious and educative page . every infomation posted here is taken very seriously . We should not let anyone like pjomo and co derail this page by trolling unnecessarily or being very disrespectful and condescending , there are so many other pages on this nairaland they can troll . I wish everyone best of grace and favour in their upcoming visa interviews
Friedpotato:
if you check his previous posts you'd know he's just trolling

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ajibade105(m): 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2020
Go to where you have a full assistantship. You can always apply to schools in Canada while in the US if you get full funding you can then move to Canada...

Dudun007:
Hello guys, I need you thoughts on this if you have ever experience it.

Its a case of an applicants pursuing student visa for two universities at different countries ( U.S and Canada) simultaneously same courses and almost same course duration. Canada is the applicants preferred choice/destination but U.S gave full funding unlike Canada with partial

If the U.S student visa was approved on time and passport stamped already and then later the Canadian visa becomes sucessful and IRCC requested for the applicants passport to be stamped.
Questions:
1)Will the passport be rejected at the Canadian VAC,
2) if the Canada stamps the passport, at the Canadian /u.s border will questions arise and will applicant be sent back home.

Please share any similar experience.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.