Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (689) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1358700 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Deltayankeeboi: 11:28am On Nov 18, 2020
omomayelakesi:
Visa Approved.

Lol I wonder why the VO said perfect when you told him you weren't married and had no kids.

Congrats bro.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bigfrancis21: 11:34am On Nov 18, 2020
SeunTol:

If you already booked an appointment in Lagos and you want to change to Abuja, you will need to pay another MRV fee.

If the person only scheduled one appointment before with the same MRV, they have just one more attempt using the same MRV. They can cancel and book at Abuja with that one chance left. If they already booked twice before using the same MRV, then they would have to pay another visa fee as they only allow two schedules per MRV.

December 11 2020 is the earliest date now at Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rabato: 11:38am On Nov 18, 2020
bigfrancis21:

If the person only scheduled one appointment before with the same MRV, they have just one more attempt using the same MRV. They can cancel and book at Abuja with that one chance left. If they already booked twice before using the same MRV, then they would have to pay another visa fee as they only allow two schedules per MRV.

December 11 2020 is the earliest date now at Abuja.

Thank you for the information
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ibradeen: 11:48am On Nov 18, 2020
Rabato:

Please does that mean that I can cancel my appointment and reschedule again without paying and MRV fee I haven't canceled before. I requested an emergency interview but it wasn't granted. What do I do please the date given to me was April 9th and my resumption date is January 15th

Cancel and chose Abuja if u haven’t cancel or reschedule b4
Dec 11 available now

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rabato: 11:56am On Nov 18, 2020
ibradeen:

Dec 11 available now

Information na Key abeg. I will do just that thank you so much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Loloking: 11:56am On Nov 18, 2020
ibradeen:

Dec 11 available now

December 11 is available for Abuja or Lagos?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ibradeen: 12:00pm On Nov 18, 2020
Loloking:

December 11 is available for Abuja or Lagos?
December 16th now at Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jossyklan: 12:16pm On Nov 18, 2020
ibradeen:

December 16th now at Abuja
This date is for regular appointment right? because march remains the earliest for previously denied option
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rabato: 12:20pm On Nov 18, 2020
Jossyklan:

This date is for regular appointment right? because march remains the earliest for previously denied option

Yes for regular appointment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solastar2: 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2020
HisEminence:

On administration processing. What does that mean? And how long does it last?

They are yet to issue it. I dont know how long.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jossyklan: 12:24pm On Nov 18, 2020
Rabato:

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ibradeen: 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2020
Jossyklan:

Yes , regular, December 30th latest
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Avangard(m): 12:36pm On Nov 18, 2020
Thank you everyone I was able to get 16th December, 2020.

Wishing everyone success in their interview.

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Talisha2018(f): 12:45pm On Nov 18, 2020
Hello house , greetings to the gurus in the house. My son has been denied F1 Visa once (last year) and I believe it's mainly becos of his i20 form. The form did not get here before his appointment date so we went to the embassy with the downloaded version �. Said VO asked him twice why he did not come with the original cope before she denied him�.

Fast forward to present day, I've applied to UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI-KANSAS CITY , mechanical engineering. Undergrad program. He's 19 years and he's been out of secondary school since 2018. He's currently taking a cert course with Aptech. Please I want to know if he needs to take any other test before his visa interview next year and also do undergrad also get full funding � cos I've been reading alot of trnascript and the word "full funding " came up alot.

I would appreciate any info , input house. God bless and its really my desire for him to study abroad . Thanks all in anticipation
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rabato: 12:58pm On Nov 18, 2020
Jossyklan:

Thank you

I just booked for Abuja December 30th perfect

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by IrishCrown(f): 12:58pm On Nov 18, 2020
Were you able to cancel and book Abuja regular appointment now? I was also denied emergency appointment in Lagos too and my regular date is April 9 2021.

Rabato:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 1:08pm On Nov 18, 2020
Rabato:

I just booked for Abuja December 30th perfect

Congrats in advance. A New Year good news is on the way

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rabato: 1:09pm On Nov 18, 2020
IrishCrown:
Were you able to cancel and book Abuja regular appointment now? I was also denied emergency appointment in Lagos too and my regular date is April 9 2021.

Yes I just cancelled and booked for Abuja the available date now is 30th
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phori: 1:12pm On Nov 18, 2020
holly shit and i just exhausted the number of time i can check for rescheduling for the day already... please what can i do.
ibradeen:

Dec 11 available now
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 1:14pm On Nov 18, 2020
Phori:
holly shit and i just exhausted the number of time i can check for rescheduling for the day already... please what can i do.

For the day?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Fabuloski(m): 1:18pm On Nov 18, 2020
Molly90:
Check Michigan Tech Chemical engineering, Georgia tech, University of Arkansas. You necessarily don't need to have a background in engineering, your academic credentials and GRE score is impressive. There are quite a number of schools you can apply to for direct PhD in chemical engineering with your background. This is application season, best you apply now against fall 2021 so that by the time you're wrapping up your service, you will be starting school immediately. Then you also have opportunity of being considered for funding. All the best.

Thank you very much, I will check out these schools.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phori: 1:18pm On Nov 18, 2020
yea.. was checking if dates where gon be available all thru the night
Chonco:

For the day?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 1:23pm On Nov 18, 2020
Talisha2018:
Hello house , greetings to the gurus in the house. My son has been denied F1 Visa once (last year) and I believe it's mainly becos of his i20 form. The form did not get here before his appointment date so we went to the embassy with the downloaded version �. Said VO asked him twice why he did not come with the original cope before she denied him�.

Fast forward to present day, I've applied to UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI-KANSAS CITY , mechanical engineering. Undergrad program. He's 19 years and he's been out of secondary school since 2018. He's currently taking a cert course with Aptech. Please I want to know if he needs to take any other test before his visa interview next year and also do undergrad also get full funding � cos I've been reading alot of trnascript and the word "full funding " came up alot.

I would appreciate any info , input house. God bless and its really my desire for him to study abroad . Thanks all in anticipation

Okay. I don't know if you need schools that are less expensive. If yes, I'd suggest you check out schools in Minnesota - they're relatively affordable.
Tulane University application fee is free until 30th Dec.

You 'may' not really find schools with full funding when it comes to undergraduate studies but you can get a scholarship, though not full and it has its own requirement as well.
And about the test, it actually depends on some schools - some will waive the tests and some will not, so it actually depends. I know some schools that do not require any sort of English Proficiency test
When you find school without a test, ensure you remind them when they receive your application/documents or when they're about to send the I20 form. This is to ensure also that they indicate "test waiver" in your son's I20 form.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rabato: 1:28pm On Nov 18, 2020
Chonco:

Congrats in advance. A New Year good news is on the way

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dikewilliams: 1:30pm On Nov 18, 2020
Please what are the documents to get for interview
I have i20 soft copy that is signed
Ds160 confirmation mail
Sevis fee receipts of western union and invoice
International passport

What else
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 1:30pm On Nov 18, 2020
Phori:
yea.. was checking if dates where gon be available all thru the night

But you've not booked an appointment before?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dikewilliams: 1:31pm On Nov 18, 2020
Can I get visa in Abuja with a corporate account

Please confirm to me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phori: 1:34pm On Nov 18, 2020
i have booked for march next year, but my program starts in january
Chonco:

But you've not booked an appointment before?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 1:36pm On Nov 18, 2020
Dikewilliams:
Please what are the documents to get for interview
I have i20 soft copy that is signed
Ds160 confirmation mail
Sevis fee receipts of western union and invoice
International passport

What else

Please get the Hard Copy of I20 sent from the school via courier service

INTERVIEW DOCUMENT CHECKLIST
Make sure you have all the basic and required documents with you.
1, SEVIS fee confirmation receipt.
2, GTB visa fee receipt.
3, I-20 (signed).
4, Appointment Confirmation. or the email you received for appointment.
5, DS160 confirmation showing your passport photographph as uploaded.
6, 2 passport photograph of the same you uploaded online on your DS160.
7, Scholarship letter or funding appointment letter (if there’s any). Make sure your scholarship or assistantshop offer is stated on your i-20.
8, Sponsor official bank statement, stamped and signed, showing more than total cost of attendance or deficit--in Naira. Or TBillz or Fix deposit docs.
9, N43, 000 reciprocity fee.
10, Carry your confidence in your head as you carry your documents in your hand.

Computed by Fairheart

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 1:37pm On Nov 18, 2020
Dikewilliams:
Can I get visa in Abuja with a corporate account

Please confirm to me

Possible, but not advisable. What happened to Personal account?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 1:38pm On Nov 18, 2020
Phori:
i have booked for march next year, but my program starts in january

Wait until 24hrs and see what happens
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by engrcorrect: 1:39pm On Nov 18, 2020
omomayelakesi:
Visa Approved
Transcript
Course: PhD in Biomedical Sciences
School: University of North Dakota
Funding: full ride
Graduated 2012 with 6 years
Started at window 4 and completed at window 6
VO: Good morning Sir your passport and i20.
Me: Good morning sir
Me: Here they are
VO: Why are your going to the US
Me: I am going to the US for a doctorate degree in Biomedical science at the University of North Dakota
VO: asked for the first page of my DS-160 and said I will take your fingerprint.
Me: as I proceeded to do as I was asked, I called his attention to the fact that there no finger print scanning machine at the window
VO: Oh! he called the attention of the CGI official and told him to move me to window 6, that he would move there to move me there.
Me: OK ( I moved to window 6)
VO: so why are you going to the US
Me: I am going to the US for a doctorate degree in Biomedical science at the University of North Dakota
VO: what degree do you currently have?
Me: I hold a bachelor of science in Pharmacology degree from the University of Lagos
VO: so why Biomedical sciences
Me: Biomedical sciences is underpinned by basic science including pharmacology and as such as wider academic and research activities compared to other basic sciences and it is (VO cuts in)
VO: I know all of this, what will the course do for you
Me: The course will enable me to gather practical , theoretical and analytical techniques that is required for me to be an innovative Biomedical researcher
VO: Why UND
Me: I chose UND for a number of reasons. On the basis of my career interests UND offers focused training inflammation and infectious disease. I also used the carnegie classication in my search and UND turned out to be a high research activity University. I was also offered a graduate research assistantship that qualifies me for a full tuition waiver and a monthly stipend
VO: What area of Biomedical science
Me: Immunology
VO: Immunology is broad topic?
Me: I will be working specifically on respiratory syncytial virus the leading cause of pneumonia and bronchiolitis.
VO: What will you be doing as a graduate assistant
Me : I will mark and grade assignments and tests. I will also teach some undergraduate courses
VO : Have you ever travelled outside Nigeria before
Me: Yes, on two occasions.
VO: where and why
Me : I travelled to UAE for a training when I was working with a multinational pharmaceutical company and in October of the same year the company took us to Kenya for a sales meeting
VO : that was 2 years ago
Me : yes
VO : Are you married
Me : No
VO : Do you have kids
Me : No
VO : Perfect
Me: speechless and looking blank
VO : your visa will be approved.
Take your passport and the yellow to the window and pay your reciprocity fee
. At the payment point I noticed people with the white collection slip which he forgot to give me. I went back and called his attention to it, he said I apologize for that and gave me my white paper.

Pls, did u write d GRE or TOEFL Exams.. lest I forget, Congrats & hope to join u soon at UND.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.