Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (712) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1362379 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 4:18pm On Nov 27, 2020
Phori:
please guys i have been trying to edit my ds160 form since yesterday but the site keeps logging me out ar it could just take me back to the begining again, please what can i do..thanks
download a VPN app

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mousano(f): 4:27pm On Nov 27, 2020
Chonco:
If you're for Fall 2021 and still have not or maybe have found a Full funding PhD and MSc programs, kindly indicate or share.
Anyone with Full funding in Public Health MSc, kindly assist.
I'm in. Anyone with full funding for MSC Accounting, kindly assist (Fall 2021).

Profile:
Cgpa: 4.25/5
ICAN,AAT
GMAT: Preparing to write soon.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 4hranc: 4:45pm On Nov 27, 2020
Phori:
i have been trying to edit my DS160 foe over two hours now, the system is just logging me out and taking me back to the beginning..really fustrating.

Same here o. I can't retrieve my DS to effect any correction. I don't know what is going on with their platform.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Emeritusseun(m): 4:53pm On Nov 27, 2020
I need available dates for Lagos ooo. �‍♀️�‍♀️. The waiting is so exhausting.

Emergency appointment approved, yet the dashboard keeps saying *your group size is larger than your current allocation*.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 4hranc: 4:55pm On Nov 27, 2020
Shuayb0:
It wasn’t an email exchange, I booked an appointment for March 2021 and the requested emergency. I stated my program start date and mentioned that I made a commitment to the school to resume in spring, and I also made mention of the required orientation event that will hold 2 weeks to program start date. I attached i-20 and sevis receipt.

I am happy you're able to get an expedited interview appointment date. Congratulations.
Please, have you submitted your DS 160 form? Was it submitted prior to your request for emergency appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 4hranc: 4:58pm On Nov 27, 2020
Co-asking please!

Phori:
please guys i have been trying to edit my ds160 form since yesterday but the site keeps logging me out ar it could just take me back to the begining again, please what can i do..thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 4hranc: 4:59pm On Nov 27, 2020
Please explain....

Friedpotato:
download a VPN app
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phori: 5:02pm On Nov 27, 2020
ooo great then.thanks man
Friedpotato:
download a VPN app
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phori: 5:18pm On Nov 27, 2020
guy use a vpn, it works really fine.. what i did was i installed anonymox vpn on my mozilla firefox and it solves the issue i have been struggling with since yesterday
go to the top right corner of ur moxilla
click the three lings that looks like lines( i don forget wetin them dey call am, lol)
the u will see ad-ons in the drop down, click it.
u will see a search box, then search for anonymox and install. that sud solve it..

sorry for the epistle, i assume you dont know ur way around, na y.
4hranc:
Co-asking please!

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 5:23pm On Nov 27, 2020
1cor2v9:

Hi, can you please send me a PM..
I tried sending you one but it not working from my end

Hi! I just cleared my many DM requests, so new message request will come through.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by majorstark: 5:29pm On Nov 27, 2020
House

Can I book my Visa appointment and pay for sevis later.

Later is before my visa appointment date.

Next week Friday.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by saipn: 5:38pm On Nov 27, 2020
I need the current dollar rate for form A through CBN for payment of school fees

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MICCH: 5:51pm On Nov 27, 2020
I was hoping to get some information before
sending my DS-160 form. I paid my visa fee with an old international
passport and there is an instruction which says the following:

"Attention: Before you enter the receipt number ensure that the passport
bio data and DS-160 information matches the US travel docs profile for all
applicants scheduled during this session. Discrepancies between the
profile, passport information, and DS-160 information may require
completion of a new profile and purchase of a new MRV fee receipt. MRV fees
are not refundable nor transferrable after they are assigned to a
particular applicant."

I now have a renewed passport, with a new passport number. Should I fill in
my new passport number or the old one while filling the DS-160.
Thank you for your anticipated support

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 6:26pm On Nov 27, 2020
majorstark:
House

Next week Friday.
Yes sure. Just make sure you get the SEVIS fee confirmation before your interview date

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 6:27pm On Nov 27, 2020
majorstark:
House

Next week Friday.

If you have your I20 already, yes. But if you don't have your I20, not possible. You can actually pay but can't get a date.
And ensure you pay 72hrs prior to your appointment date.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Therealbrizzy(m): 6:51pm On Nov 27, 2020
MICCH:
I was hoping to get some information before
sending my DS-160 form. I paid my visa fee with an old international
passport and there is an instruction which says the following:

"Attention: Before you enter the receipt number ensure that the passport
bio data and DS-160 information matches the US travel docs profile for all
applicants scheduled during this session. Discrepancies between the
profile, passport information, and DS-160 information may require
completion of a new profile and purchase of a new MRV fee receipt. MRV fees
are not refundable nor transferrable after they are assigned to a
particular applicant."

I now have a renewed passport, with a new passport number. Should I fill in
my new passport number or the old one while filling the DS-160.
Thank you for your anticipated support

I’ve the same issue as yours. I paid my visa fee with my old passport number. But I asked at the immigration office, they said as long as I haven’t traveled or been denied with the old passport number, it doesn’t matter. I can proceed with my interview. That’s why both the old and new passport numbers are showing on the new issued passport. Either of the numbers would bring all your details if they try to check.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by soprano008(m): 7:06pm On Nov 27, 2020
Hello,
Anyone going to Alabama state? Or Auburn University for spring? Let's connect

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chilexeve: 7:22pm On Nov 27, 2020
please I need your help!!! I chose April 6th as my interview date in Lagos, then applied for emergency date, but was denied. I filled another DS160 and chose abuja this time around, saw 13th january which I picked as interview date. Now there no option of emergency request on the dashboard neither is there an option of rescheduling. What could be the problem? please do I need to pay for another MRV?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MICCH: 7:31pm On Nov 27, 2020
My concern is yet resolved. While paying for my MRV (VISA FEE), I applied using my old international Passport Number. I currently have a renewed international passport and am about filling the DS-160 form. Do I fill the form using the old passport number or the new one?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chilexeve: 7:38pm On Nov 27, 2020
Chilexeve:
please I need your help!!! I chose April 6th as my interview date in Lagos, then applied for emergency date, but was denied. I filled another DS160 and chose abuja this time around, saw 13th january which I picked as interview date. Now there no option of emergency request on the dashboard neither is there an option of rescheduling. What could be the problem? please do I need to pay for another MRV?

some should help me answer this. na beg I dey beg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Milkshakes01(f): 7:40pm On Nov 27, 2020
Chilexeve:

To choose another date, you have to pay for another MRV. You can only schedule an appointment twice with a particular MRV.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ifesinachi22(m): 7:45pm On Nov 27, 2020
Ngoven:

Hello bro. How much does Ethiopia Airline charges from Nigeria to US. How much did you book?

Or do you know of any cheaper airline to fly with?

I don't know why some people like asking incomplete questions.

Ethiopia Airlines flying from where in Nigeria to where in US?

Which date?

Download the Ethiopia Airlines app and check everything yourself

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Humphman: 7:48pm On Nov 27, 2020
Use opera mini. Mine did same and of all browsers, only opera mini did well... Though I used my tablet and not the laptop. JUST MAYBE that was the reason.

4hranc:

Same here o. I can't retrieve my DS to effect any correction. I don't know what is going on with their platform.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 8:03pm On Nov 27, 2020
Ifesinachi22:

I don't know why some people like asking incomplete questions.

Ethiopia Airlines flying from where in Nigeria to where in US?

Which date?

Download the Ethiopia Airlines app and check everything yourself

And you think he asked because he just wanted to ask?
Guide him through if you know it and don't sound rude.
Very simple.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MICCH: 8:09pm On Nov 27, 2020
While paying for my MRV (VISA FEE), I applied using my old international Passport Number. I currently have a renewed international passport and am about filling the DS-160 form. Do I fill the form using the old passport number or the new one?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ifesinachi22(m): 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2020
Chonco:

And you think he asked because he just wanted to ask?
Guide him through if you know it and don't sound rude.
Very simple.

Someone that applied and got admission, applied for visa and passed is smart.

Is it booking a flight that he should be asking this?

I mean he should know how this things work
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 8:23pm On Nov 27, 2020
Ifesinachi22:

Someone that applied and got admission, applied for visa and passed is smart.

Is it booking a flight that he should be asking this?

I mean he should know how this things work

Sometimes, it doesn't just work like that.
Something that seems "simple" may actually not be.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 8:40pm On Nov 27, 2020
MICCH:
While paying for my MRV (VISA FEE), I applied using my old international Passport Number. I currently have a renewed international passport and am about filling the DS-160 form. Do I fill the form using the old passport number or the new one?
Use the old one and go along with both for your interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Shuayb0(m): 9:16pm On Nov 27, 2020
4hranc:

I am happy you're able to get an expedited interview appointment date. Congratulations.
Please, have you submitted your DS 160 form? Was it submitted prior to your request for emergency appointment?
Yes, I submitted on Saturday and applied on Wednesday.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Therealbrizzy(m): 9:38pm On Nov 27, 2020
MICCH:
My concern is yet resolved. While paying for my MRV (VISA FEE), I applied using my old international Passport Number. I currently have a renewed international passport and am about filling the DS-160 form. Do I fill the form using the old passport number or the new one?

No disrespect but I don’t think my first response should be difficult to understand after saying I’ve same issue as yours. This visa fee is valid for 1 year. What if you pay and couldn’t secure an interview date and the passport expires, would you still go and pay another 62k without using the first one just because you’ve a new passport number? You’re not the only one with two passport number, either of them has all your traveling details and history on it. You should fill your ds-160 form with your new passport number. Once the VO enter it, it would still show your old passport number but with your corrected details. But if you’ve enough money, you can pay another visa fee with the new passport number. I might be wrong anyway, maybe the gurus in the house should help us out.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by marcojnr: 10:24pm On Nov 27, 2020
Lete:
Hey guys good morning. I just got approved for emergency appointment in Abuja. Please check and see if there are available dates now. But I was approved for emergency not that I saw early dates. But u can give it a try and see if u find available dates.

Best of luck to us all. ���

Hello man congratulations on your emergency appointment after multiple attempts .I got mine delayed.I had a few questions if you don’t mind

1.The copy of I-20 submitted ,was it signed by you
2.How do I go about requesting another emergency interview after paying a new MRV fee

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ngoven: 10:27pm On Nov 27, 2020
Greetings. Please anyone with the idea of recent naira to dollars exchange rate in the Lagos airport ?

Please help someone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.