Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,849 members, 7,820,960 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (714) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1363363 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Blessings001: 12:59pm On Nov 30, 2020
Good day everyone
Please can anyone assist by posting schools that are waiving application fees for fall 2021 (graduate program).

And if possibly universities with full funding for (graduate program)

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 1:03pm On Nov 30, 2020
hairbyuj:
Hello friends,

Can anyone please help me with sample letter for statement of purpose.

Please I need it urgently, I wouldn't mind if you share with me via my mail, hairbyuj@gmail.com

HOW TO WRITE A STRONG SOP.

Use Google to find samples to read, but don't copy another student SOP content. You are to create your own, which is why it is called Personal Statement.

1, The First paragraph should have a powerful opening. As a writer myself, the first impression matters when you're writing. If you open the SOP with shallow words, phrase or idea, you may disinterest the person assessing it from the beginning. Your first paragraph should wield strong words about your view concerning the program you want to study. There are many ways to do this. Some students start with talking about what they think about the field in general, some start with their childhood dreams and link it with why they want this degree. Personally, I recommend starting with a personal philosophy then link it to why an advanced degree is important to the next phase of your career and what you'd like to do with this career. So, make sure your first paragraph is strong, well written and concise.

2. Talk about your current academic and work background and their relationship with what you want to study or why it is essential for progress in the field. I have seen SOPs that even mentioned few courses taken during undergraduate in order to show to the admission committee reviewing the application that they have a foundation for success in the program they want to be admitted for.

3. Is your program a research program? If yes, what do you want to research on and why?

4. Why this school? What do they offer that makes it stand out from more than 3000 other universities offering the same course or even better course, in the US? Really, why this school? If you are one of the people who pick up schools from people's approved visa transcript here, then you must do a proper homework by visiting the school website, the program department website, course structure, option for concentrations, etc. If you do this, you'd certainly find more than 3 reasons you want to study at this school you're writing this SOP for. Make sure you mention the school name in this paragraph. It is always better!

5. You are from a developing country, with diverse and rich cultural background, experiences that are unique to you. What are you bring to the school table? Why should they offer you admission? Why should they offer you assistantship (in case you'd be applying and you want to mention it)? Make strong points on these, then include it.

NOTE: There is no one fits all SOP. There is also no single way to write SOP. We all tell our stories differently! In fact, it must be unique and express your intentions for the next phase of your career, your academic goals, and so on. The word limit would also determine the contents you pour in. If you are applying to Tier 1, 2, 3 schools or Ivy League, make sure you put your best in the SOP. For top schools, your SOP is more important than the GPA benchmark they are using for admission. You will have competitors with the same GPA, but you can have a competitive edge over them and wow with your SOP that you are the real deal (in case you are applying to highly competitive schools).
Use strong vocabulary; show the school you are a unique student with value. If you have not been writing, you will need to take out time to achieve this.

A, create the first draft.
B, let it sit for some hours, then go back to adjust it.
C, remove the cluster and begin to rewrite.
D, let it sit again for a day or so.
E, pick it up and finish what you started for good.
(Share the SOP with knowledgeable friends. If you follow these instructions, you should get in, provided your GPA meets the requirement and you submit your application early).

FYI: this is for all applicants aiming at writing a strong SOP for fall 2021 and beyond. With this, I hope nobody will ask how they can write their SOP. Now you know how to. cheesy
All the best.

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by EfTee14(m): 1:24pm On Nov 30, 2020
I want to ask, is paying for MRV fee twice just to get suitable appointment means you are desperate to travel out of the country?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 3:09pm On Nov 30, 2020
EfTee14:
I want to ask, is paying for MRV fee twice just to get suitable appointment means you are desperate to travel out of the country?

No, you're trying not to pay another $350 Sevis fee.
Secondly, you have a school start date and any delay may cause your admission and probably, more cost.

Try and chose a different location if the first one doesn't suit you.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 3:12pm On Nov 30, 2020
Blessings001:
Good day everyone
Please can anyone assist by posting schools that are waiving application fees for fall 2021 (graduate program).

Thanks

The second one depends on your course, so indicate the course and the graduate program(PhD or Msc).
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by EfTee14(m): 3:48pm On Nov 30, 2020
Chonco:

No, you're trying not to pay another $350 Sevis fee.
Secondly, you have a school start date and any delay may cause your admission and probably, more cost.

Try and chose a different location if the first one doesn't suit you.

Thank you very much for your response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Thoyesh: 3:54pm On Nov 30, 2020
Hi guys, what is the current reciprocity fee amount collected at the embassy? Is it still 45k?
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by EfTee14(m): 3:57pm On Nov 30, 2020
Please house how do I go about requesting another emergency interview after paying a new MRV fee..After Cancelation of the first appointment, whats next?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jaytee116: 4:01pm On Nov 30, 2020
Is it possible to transfer Reciprocity Fee instead of cash ? or is there a POS in the abuja consulate.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 4:15pm On Nov 30, 2020
Jaytee116:
Is it possible to transfer Reciprocity Fee instead of cash ? or is there a POS in the abuja consulate.

Kindly come with cash.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hairbyuj(f): 4:53pm On Nov 30, 2020
hairbyuj@gmail.com

bayocanny:

kindly drop your email address, I have couples of SOP from various disciplines I can share with you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bayocanny: 5:00pm On Nov 30, 2020
Blessings001:
Good day everyone

Thanks

Hello, have been posting application fee waiver for a while now, kindly read previous pages to get those have posted.
Meanwhile, check these;

West Virginia University. codes (WVGRAD)
Limpson University, Teneessee.
Grand Valley State University, deadline (31st Nov.)

Goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bayocanny: 5:01pm On Nov 30, 2020
hairbyuj:
hairbyuj@gmail.com

Check previous page, have dropped the links
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 5:06pm On Nov 30, 2020
bayocanny:

Check previous page, have dropped the links

Even if she checks, she may not tell you.
What she does is; "send me this, send me that - this is my email or pls get my number from my profile", then disappears.
She doesn't send PM to people but she'd always want someone to either send a PM to her, message her via WhatsApp even when she needs the help.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bayocanny: 5:48pm On Nov 30, 2020
Chonco:

Even if she checks, she may not tell you.
What she does is; "send me this, send me that - this is my email or pls get my number from my profile", then disappears.
She doesn't send PM to people but she'd always want someone to either send a PM to her, message her via WhatsApp even when she needs the help.

bro, It is what is it.

Some people are like that. Regardless, we have to continue doing our best in helping each other.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 5:54pm On Nov 30, 2020
bayocanny:

bro, It is what is it.

Some people are like that. Regardless, we have to continue doing our best in helping each other.

Yeah, sure. I'm discouraging anyone.
She should always show acknowledgment.
She can just say' "seen" and that'd be enough.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dikewilliams: 6:12pm On Nov 30, 2020
Any transcript for sharing
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thedsl: 6:19pm On Nov 30, 2020
Hi everyone. Please can anyone recommend a hotel close to the embassy where one can stay and go from there to an early morning appointment at the embassy?
Thank you.

Please can anyone help with this? Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sandrahopes: 6:53pm On Nov 30, 2020
Hello house
I would be applying for fall 2021, undergraduate degree 3.75/5 political science, i would like to go for master in course like international affairs or international development since it’s related to my undergraduate degree.

For those in America or anyone else. I would like to know job opportunities after school, seems like those in science and technology get more job in USA.
Anyone who has studied this course or something related should please reply.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by EfTee14(m): 7:16pm On Nov 30, 2020
Please anyone that knows this should help ... how do I go about requesting another emergency interview after paying a new MRV fee..After Cancelation of the first appointment, whats next?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SeunTol: 7:19pm On Nov 30, 2020
EfTee14:
Please anyone that knows this should help ... how do I go about requesting another emergency interview after paying a new MRV fee..After Cancelation of the first appointment, whats next?

Which location did you choose for your appointment using your new MRV?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by EfTee14(m): 7:38pm On Nov 30, 2020
SeunTol:

Which location did you choose for your appointment using your new MRV?

I want to choose abuja...the first one was Lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SeunTol: 7:58pm On Nov 30, 2020
EfTee14:

I want to choose abuja...the first one was Lagos

You can choose Abuja and apply for expedited. Have you attended any interview recently? Also, ensure you have your I-20, SEVIS receipt and be within 60 days of your start date?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by unrulyme: 8:02pm On Nov 30, 2020
Hey you guys, so I’ve been following up this forum since I applied for my student visa and got denied the first time in January. I also got denied February and recently in October. I never posted but guys I’m so emotionally and mentally exhausted, I may as well exhaust all my options. I really have no idea what kind of help I can get but...

Anywho my most recent denial was an emergency appointment and I had booked it through email. However, now my visa got denied and I’m to fall back on another date, do I change my Visa priority from regular to Previously refused? The initial date was October 30th and when booking a new date (regular), I got one for sometime in early january, and my reasoning is that by then, 2 months would have gone by anyway. The earliest for previously refused was some time in March. Also, I think I have exhausted the number of times I can reschedule even if I want to switch from regular to previously denied. Apart from any other possible reason I keep getting my visa refused, could this also affect my Visa getting approved?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BAZ001: 8:02pm On Nov 30, 2020
Good day house,
Pls how can I print my CGI receipt from Gtbank online. I made payments using Gtbank internet banking but I’m unable to print out the visa receipt.
Got this error below

“ cannot retrieve GTcollection receipt details3”

Where else can I print it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 8:22pm On Nov 30, 2020
unrulyme:
Hey you guys, so I’ve been following up this forum since I applied for my student visa and got denied the first time in January. I also got denied February and recently in October. I never posted but guys I’m so emotionally and mentally exhausted, I may as well exhaust all my options. I really have no idea what kind of help I can get but...

Maybe you should post your profile and your transcripts so you can get appropraite guidance on what to do

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by EfTee14(m): 8:42pm On Nov 30, 2020
SeunTol:

You can choose Abuja and apply for expedited. Have you attended any interview recently? Also, ensure you have your I-20, SEVIS receipt and be within 60 days of your start date?

Thank you so much...and I have never gone for any interview yet, still trying to get my 1st date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Joclins: 8:47pm On Nov 30, 2020
bayocanny:
West Virginia University. Fall 2021

Application fee waiver codes is WVGRAD.

Applicable for undergrad?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gabby1234: 8:49pm On Nov 30, 2020
Good evening guys,
Please I need IELTS materials or links to the materials

Email- adekunlegabriel@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lawali: 8:50pm On Nov 30, 2020
Lete:
Regular!

But I suffered ooo......lol.....I paid for MRV thrice. Yes three times. I was denied emergency in Lagos twice, then the third MRV I decide to do Abuja then I got approved. That is the story of my life....lol.

Hi Lete, Congratulations for securing closer date after new MRV fee. I am now in same situation.

I have made two normal appointments with no close date and have exhausted my expedited appointment.

Do I need to cancel current appointment after new MRV Pyt to get new expedited appointment? I guess I do not need to fill new DS160 applications for new MRV.

Pls I need help/guide from anyone. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 8:54pm On Nov 30, 2020
BAZ001:
Good day house,
Pls how can I print my CGI receipt from Gtbank online. I made payments using Gtbank internet banking but I’m unable to print out the visa receipt.
Got this error below

“ cannot retrieve GTcollection receipt details3”

Where else can I print it.

Go through these, you'll find a solution:

gynnie:
Thanks walspring, I tried the process you stated, but I always receive an error message.

gynnie:
Thanks, I reached our to GTbank, it's an error from their end, the error has been corrected and I have my receipt now, thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 8:56pm On Nov 30, 2020
I learned that there were many approvals today in Abuja but no Transcript here today.

Abeg, make una de motivate us. Reading approved transcript is like energy drink.

Transcripts please

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.