Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,265 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (719) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355945 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phori: 5:52pm On Dec 02, 2020
Hello guys, pls I just updated my ds-160 on the website, how do I print a new interview confirmation pls, as the former one carries the old ds-160 number.. thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ibradeen: 5:54pm On Dec 02, 2020
Phori:
Hello guys, pls I just updated my ds-160 on the website, how do I print a new interview confirmation pls, as the former one carries the old ds-160 number.. thanks
Click update information in your cgi dashboard and change your confirmation number and save
Send to email and print also
If it doesn’t change, contact them
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phori: 6:05pm On Dec 02, 2020
Thanks.. it wasn’t leading me anywhere after I saved change.
ibradeen:

Click update information in your cgi dashboard and change your confirmation number and save
Send to email and print also
If it doesn’t change, contact them
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tjayyy2406: 6:12pm On Dec 02, 2020
Hello everyone,
My interview for tomorrow Dec 3 was just rescheduled for the second time(but still a date in December). Please is there anyone else whose interview date for tomorrow got rescheduled?
Also, can anyone please share the contact number for the cgi guys.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Adekemimi(f): 6:38pm On Dec 02, 2020
[quote author=Tjayyy2406 post=96664258]Hello everyone,
My interview for tomorrow Dec 3 was just rescheduled for the second time(but still a date in December). Please is there anyone else whose interview date for tomorrow got rescheduled?

My interview tomorrow got rescheduled to 21st. They claimed they aren't interviewing tomorrow. I know of another guy with the same date. I called the help desk and they said nothing can be done about it. If I cancel and reschedule, earliest date is February.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 6:41pm On Dec 02, 2020
Tjayyy2406:
Hello everyone,
Thanks

Check the time too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 6:42pm On Dec 02, 2020
[quote author=Adekemimi post=96664898][/quote]

Your school start date should be within Jan, so you've got nothing to worry about
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 6:45pm On Dec 02, 2020
There's a particular lady that had her interview today but I'm yet to see her transcript or comment here.
I hope all is well?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mousano(f): 6:45pm On Dec 02, 2020
soprano008:
Hello,
Anyone going to Alabama state? Or Auburn University for spring? Let's connect
Did they waive TOEFL for you? (Auburn University)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tjayyy2406: 6:47pm On Dec 02, 2020

Yeah it's the same for me. Okay I guess I don't have to try calling them again then. Thanks!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tjayyy2406: 6:48pm On Dec 02, 2020
Chonco:

Check the time too

The time changed too.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Alwaysbecool: 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2020
Evening guys,
I was denied some few weeks back and i was unable to secure a date for a new appointment. My school resumes on Jan 5. How can I get a date before the resumption? Anyone here that has been able to secure a new date after being previously denied? Kindly help. Thanks a lot.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 4hranc: 7:12pm On Dec 02, 2020
Oh! Thank you veryich for your response to this enquiry. I'll contact them.

Thank you once more.

Ngoven:

ANGELES HOTEL
Weekend price for Studio Room; ₦8,750

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 7:52pm On Dec 02, 2020
Alwaysbecool:
Evening guys,
I was denied some few weeks back and i was unable to secure a date for a new appointment. My school resumes on Jan 5. How can I get a date before the resumption? Anyone here that has been able to secure a new date after being previously denied? Kindly help. Thanks a lot.

Pay the required MRV fee and select Abj. If the appointment date is within Dec, that'd be nice.
If you don't see, go for emergency appointment and see if you'll get approval. Infact, as suggested by someone here, once you go for the emergency appointment, call their helpdesk or help line and talk to them.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mousano(f): 7:52pm On Dec 02, 2020
Chonco:

The second one depends on your course, so indicate the course and the graduate program(PhD or Msc).
Msc Accounting
Fall 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Francangel(f): 8:57pm On Dec 02, 2020
Also experienced same. Mine was postponed to January. This is so exhausting.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 02, 2020
Congratulations to all approved! It's so nice to see many young Nigerians showing to the world, Nigeria has brains not for scum only but for real science. Welcome to America! God bless you all!

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jugghead69(m): 9:24pm On Dec 02, 2020
Mine too. was meant to have mine in this same date.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Event14(f): 9:29pm On Dec 02, 2020
Hello everyone, my interview for Dec 4 has just been rescheduled till January 5, and my classes are supposed to start January 4. Is there any thing that can be done?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jugghead69(m): 9:31pm On Dec 02, 2020
I believe you should still check tomorrow, might actually be a glitch in their system. I don't get why they should reschedule so suddenly.

Tjayyy2406:
Hello everyone,
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iduborjoe: 9:34pm On Dec 02, 2020
[color=#770077][/color]
Chonco:

You have been denied getting an emergency date or?

I believe you must have paid your visa fee already. If yes, you need to fill in the DS160 form, book any appointment date you see on your screen. After that, go ahead and fill in the emergency request form, ensure you upload the most relevant documents as an evidence and input the reason why you need an emergency appointment.
After submitting your request, you'll get an email from the Consulate (the email may come in immediately or after some hours, depending). This email will confirm if your request is approved or denied. I hope it's approved though but if not, you have to stick to the initial date or maybe you can choose to pay for another MRV fee.

Please how do I see the emergency request forms?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lethhhgooo: 10:01pm On Dec 02, 2020
Tjayyy2406:
Hello everyone,
Thanks

My interview for next Friday too also got rescheduled for Jan 15th. A friend's interview for Friday also got rescheduled for Jan 6th. What is this sorcery?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 10:07pm On Dec 02, 2020
My appointment with the Lagos Consulate has just been rescheduled from December 11th to January 15th.

Reason: Embassy will not be interviewing on December 11th.

I'm just confused.

My school start date is January 13th.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 10:26pm On Dec 02, 2020
Lildairo:
My appointment with the Lagos Consulate has just been rescheduled from December 11th to January 15th.

Meanwhile, my friend's own was rescheduled from same 11th 11pm to 8pm.

I'm just confused.

I think it's because of Columbus day.
11pm, 8pm?
What of your orientation date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 10:32pm On Dec 02, 2020
AkinOseni:
Guys, try and put a call to the consulate. Your expedited appointment may be approved just like mine was this morning. I called this contact (‭+234 1 227 8955‬)and my emergency appointment was approved for Lagos, next Friday. Please try this too. May Allah perfect our affairs.

Caveat: this is my first application. I have not been denied recently and I only completed my regular application last Thursday, when I selected April 2021. I don’t know if the information helps.

Good morning all.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 10:35pm On Dec 02, 2020
Chonco:

I think it's because of Columbus day.
11pm, 8pm?
What of your orientation date?

It was later rescheduled to January 15th
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 11:20pm On Dec 02, 2020
Lildairo:

I'm just confused.

Get one week extension letter from the school!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by eetzdave(m): 11:32pm On Dec 02, 2020
People with interview dates ahead needs to hear this

A friend got his visa today, thats not the shocking part
No funding
28 years old
Bsc
Lincoln university oakland carlifonia..

This is the ultimate tip

Sell yourselves well to the vo, that even he/she would be scared not to buy in

17 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 11:42pm On Dec 02, 2020
Jaytee116:

Visa approved
US Consulate, Abuja
Dec 2nd 2020
8:30

No GRE/TOEFL etc nothing
MSC Computer Science
Financial Aid Covers 22k
Deficit 5k

The whole thing was so easy, no queues nothing, everybody was calm and friendly. I also noticed almost all the people who were there at the time i was, got their visa's approved.

Here goes
Me : Good morning
V.O: Good morning, how are you ?
Me: Good good... how are you ?
VO: Good thank you...
Me: *Slip my documents under the window*
VO: *starts typing and looking at his screen* (i think this was the time he made up his mind)
V.O: How did you find this school ?
Me: I googled for schools that fall into my spec...
V.O: Alright
V.O: *Types more....*
V.O: Who is funding ?
Me: Ill be funding the program myself
V.O: What do you do for a living ?
Me: I am a software engineer working remotely with XYZ company
VO: Did you apply to any other school ?
Me: Yup...
VO: Which ?
Me: Georgia Institute Of Technology
VO: Alright, i intend to approve your visa, goto booth 5 and pay your .....

The whole thing was so easy.... no other document was requested...all my statement of account etc were not requested...
I think Abuja Consulate is the real deal... this was my first attempt.... The environment was calm and relaxed... i definitely advise people to apply via abuja, from the horror stories i hear from lagos...

Wait for the day you will hear US embassy Abuja denied 10 people in a row.
This is not how the embassies work. The timing of your interview and the VO you meet and other factors determine how well you will do. The same Black guy that approved NoTimeZone today refused almost everyone he interviewed--at least 3 people I know from this thread.
What I am saying is that it doesn't matter which embassy you go. But of course, Abuja rarely sees the crowd as you'd find in Lagos, but they refuse visas there too. In fact, sometimes, we see more approval in Lagos than Abuja.
The key is to do your thing and pray to meet a nice VO. Where you are interviewed doesn't matter.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.