Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (722) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355984 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by olabisi6438(f): 8:52pm On Dec 03, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Is your future plan based on one human being called Trump??...

na wa for you ooo.how can you give one person that much power over what you want in life.

Its not like that o. I hear there's a ban. I used to think someone can't apply at all.

Btw my cousin wants to apply for me from there, do i stand a better chance?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dreemerr: 9:05pm On Dec 03, 2020
Yes please do you any funding information for Architecture and Civil?

Chonco:

Civil, Architecture can go?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:10pm On Dec 03, 2020
olabisi6438:

Its not like that o. I hear there's a ban. I used to think someone can't apply at all.

Btw my cousin wants to apply for me from there, do i stand a better chance?

Proper research is good, because a good research would have shown that there is no ban to apply for admission or student visa

As for chances , Nobody predict chances here.... if you want it then you put in the required effort that goes with it and hopefully you see results . Go for it

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Emeritusseun(m): 9:28pm On Dec 03, 2020
ponpon:
Lagos Embassy no sure at all!!!! , how would you send an email on the eve of someone's interview. The original interview was scheduled for tomorrow! This thing weak me sha

Make dem just do crash interviews make them free guys na.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Emeritusseun(m): 9:31pm On Dec 03, 2020
Chonco:

I think 11th is a Holiday, so i doubt if Abj will operate

Even at that, changing one's date from 11th December , 2020 to 15th January, 2021, that's like by a month!
E be thing

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bayocanny: 9:57pm On Dec 03, 2020
mousano:
Hi. Can you please provide an email to reach you on or you can send me a mail on anonii450@gmail.com.
Thank you.

Have replied your pm, check your mailbox or spam
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eenduranceee: 10:19pm On Dec 03, 2020
Hi guys,

Congratulations to all those who got their visa approved already and favour to those still going. Please I need help my people.

I will be flying to Texas Tech University after Christmas, I'm in search of where to stay for 3nights before moving to my apartment. I have tried to mail the apartment about moving in earlier, but they told me there's nothing they can do, and I will have to look for where to stay for d few nights before my move in date.

Please if you are in TTU or knows someone there that can help a poor brother, kindly assist. Only for three nights, and they don't have to worry about feeding me, just where to sleep.

Help a brother

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ajibade105(m): 10:34pm On Dec 03, 2020
Use LinkedIn, you'll find some guys in the school that can help you...

Eenduranceee:
Hi guys,

Congratulations to all those who got their visa approved already and favour to those still going. Please I need help my people.

I will be flying to Texas Tech University after Christmas, I'm in search of where to stay for 3nights before moving to my apartment. I have tried to mail the apartment about moving in earlier, but they told me there's nothing they can do, and I will have to look for where to stay for d few nights before my move in date.

Please if you are in TTU or knows someone there that can help a poor brother, kindly assist. Only for three nights, and they don't have to worry about feeding me, just where to sleep.

Help a brother

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 10:51pm On Dec 03, 2020
Eenduranceee:
Hi guys,

Help a brother
Why not send an email to your program coordinator? He/She could link you up with some people especially Nigerians there.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Vicxxy10: 12:02am On Dec 04, 2020
Yea sure
Chonco:

Civil, Architecture can go?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Vicxxy10: 12:15am On Dec 04, 2020
Please I need suggestions of schools with funding.

Undergraduate GPA: 3.75/5.00
GRE: 313
Major: Construction Management
Degree: MSc or Direct PhD

You can email me; 22ndstreetshop@gmail.com

Help a brother please!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by morgang(m): 2:24am On Dec 04, 2020
Eenduranceee:
Hi guys,

Help a brother

Contrary to your departure date, I’d be leaving on Christmas Day and I intend getting an apartment upon arrival. I plan booking an Airbnb for few days through new year, and I suggest you do the same. Major challenge right now is payment of booking on Airbnb from Nigeria.

Anyone ever done this before ? Kindly help and treat as urgent. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pompeiimagnus: 2:29am On Dec 04, 2020
Mosminic:

Why not send an email to your program coordinator? He/She could link you up with some people especially Nigerians there.

They don't usually share a student's contact info, unless the student allows it. No harm in trying, though he should also check LinkedIn. Every international graduate student in the US is definitely on LinkedIn.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pompeiimagnus: 2:32am On Dec 04, 2020
morgang:

Contrary to your departure date, I’d be leaving on Christmas Day and I intend getting an apartment upon arrival. I plan booking an Airbnb for few days through new year, and I suggest you do the same. Major challenge right now is payment of booking on Airbnb from Nigeria. Anyone ever done this before? Kindly help and treat as urgent. Thanks.

I think you can use your naira debit card (especially Mastercard). Though the exchange rate would depend on the bank, and their monthly limits. If you already have USD in a domiciliary account, you can use the debit card too.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by priscai(m): 4:53am On Dec 04, 2020
Ok
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Timilehin3(m): 6:11am On Dec 04, 2020
OFAB:
Hello Everyone.

I need suggestion of universities in U.S.A and Canada that can accommodate a person with
1) 2.87 CGPA
2) TOEFL : 100
3) GRE: Verbal: 146 (28 percentile)
Quantitative: 142 ( 11 percentile)
Analytical: 3.0 (14 percentile)

and also opportunity of sponsorship/funding.

I have a background in Biochemistry and I am interested in any Biological science related courses.

Thanks all in advance.

Hi Ofab, you have a nice TOEFL score, I think you just need to improve on your GRE score and find some things (publications, conferences, experience) to fill in for the CGPA.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eenduranceee: 6:18am On Dec 04, 2020
Ajibade105:
Use LinkedIn, you'll find some guys in the school that can help you...

Hi boss,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion. I've already started searching there, it has not been so much helpful so far.

Mosminic:

I and my advisor have been on the matter, she only suggested a Chinese student who helped me secure the apartment, when I explain the situation to the guy afterwards, he wished me well. Lol. Please if you know any Nigerian there willing to help.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dikewilliams: 6:23am On Dec 04, 2020
Please who is going to Connecticut

Please any direct flight to New haven

Please covid test compulsory for All airlines
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eenduranceee: 6:31am On Dec 04, 2020
morgang:

Contrary to your departure date, I’d be leaving on Christmas Day and I intend getting an apartment upon arrival. I plan booking an Airbnb for few days through new year, and I suggest you do the same. Major challenge right now is payment of booking on Airbnb from Nigeria.

Anyone ever done this before ? Kindly help and treat as urgent. Thanks.

Hi bro, thanks for writing back. I have actually thought about Airbnb. Spending more than $150 for the three nights is a big luxury for me honestly. I'm not too boxed up and trying as much as possible to reduce cost, my reason for posting here. I know if I can't get anyone to help, I might end up going with it. But I'm hoping someone comes to the rescue. Its not easy, and expenses keeps coming up.

Thanks for your reply still.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Milkshakes01(f): 6:39am On Dec 04, 2020
How about you just change your flight plans to match when you can actually move into your apartment, that’s if it hasn’t been confirmed yet.

Eenduranceee:
Hi guys,

Help a brother

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OFAB: 7:27am On Dec 04, 2020
2.87/5.0

After WES evaluation, I had 2.92/4.0

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 7:34am On Dec 04, 2020
wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
This made me laugh...

LagosismyHome:

Buhari promised 1 Naira to $1..... how do you know if next year is the year that promise will happen.

Let 2021 take care of itself
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CaptainMarvell: 7:54am On Dec 04, 2020
Please can someone help me with the phone number of Lagos consulate in charge of scheduling appointments?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mousano(f): 8:03am On Dec 04, 2020
bayocanny:

Have replied your pm, check your mailbox or spam
I can't access the email address again Please drop me a message on anonii450@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 8:07am On Dec 04, 2020
CaptainMarvell:
Please can someone help me with the phone number of Lagos consulate in charge of scheduling appointments?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by misslag(f): 8:09am On Dec 04, 2020
OFAB:
2.87/5.0

Official WES?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CaptainMarvell: 8:20am On Dec 04, 2020
Thank You

Lildairo:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Francangel(f): 8:41am On Dec 04, 2020
Princeton University application waiver!!

While applying to Princeton University, use this Waiver Code:
PUSUMMER20

Good luck with your applications

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lethhhgooo: 8:55am On Dec 04, 2020
Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about it. Just reach out to your school and inform them. My school has given me till Feb 2nd to resume campus. The semester starts Jan 12th and my interview was moved to Jan 15th so I'd probably miss early registration and some classes but what can mans do? We just gotta roll with it.

Emeritusseun:

Even at that, changing one's date from 11th December , 2020 to 15th January, 2021, that's like by a month!
E be thing

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phori: 8:55am On Dec 04, 2020
I am not understanding aswear..lol
OFAB:
2.87/5.0

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jaytee116: 9:01am On Dec 04, 2020
Please, is it possible to sign the "proxy collection" form, scan it and send to someone around my pickup location to print, and go ahead to help me pickup my passport from the collection centre ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bayocanny: 9:18am On Dec 04, 2020
mousano:
I can't access the email address again Please drop me a message on anonii450@gmail.com
Done!

(1) (2) (3) ... (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.