Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (750) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1363728 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adesco2k9: 8:44pm On Dec 19, 2020
What can one say to boost the home ties , if not married
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by godguy: 8:59pm On Dec 19, 2020
iPLEXUS:
Visa denied
4th of December
Abuja
I was interviewed by a black guy probably in his 40s
Profile: WES : 3.26
GRE : 309 it wasn’t required eventually
Program MPH
Admits.
1. University of Illinois Springfield(no scholarship COA for first year $35,000)
2. University of North Carolina Charlotte ( no scholarship COA $41,568)
3. Western Illinois University( 5000 ICS deficit $18,000 but admission letter was MPH, i-20 came with health teacher education which I wouldn’t be able to defend in the interview hence my decision not to go there)
4. Jackson State University Jackson Mississippi
(No scholarship COA $18756)
I picked Jackson State University

Me: Good morning
Vo: pass me your documents
VO: How long is this program for
Me: Two years
VO: How did you pick this school
Me: I was looking for a program with extensive research works on the public health problems of blacks, I did a google search and I found historically black universities. After going through the list and browsing the webpage of the programs, I picked Jackson State university because of the extensive research works there on the health problems of African Americans and the close genetics with the blacks of Nigeria.
I am also interested in the research works of Prof. Marinelle Payton and gratefully she was made my academic advisor when I got my acceptance letter.
VO: (Types for a while) Tell me about your educational background
Me: I hold a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery degree, I graduated in 2019. I did extensive undergraduate work in medicine, surgery and community medicine/public Health and the experiences have prepared me for graduate level studies in Public Health.
VO: Who is funding this
Me: My father is funding it and he has made the funds available to me
VO: What does your father do
Me: He is a director with a federal government ministry in Abuja which I told him
VO:Where do you work
Me: I work at the federal medical center in Bleep
VO: How long have you been working
Me: since September 2019
VO: are you married
Me: No
VO: Do you have kids
VO: have you traveled outside Nigeria before
Me: No, never had a reason to
Vo: I have reviewed your application and find you ineligible at this time, this paper will explain to you

No documents were requested except i-20 and passport
Reason why funds are personal; I will share for clarity, I am a doctor and my dad wants me to practice but I have my own plans to travel. When I told him my intention to go for masters, he wasn’t pleased but instead insisted on helping me set up my private practice here in Nigeria. I couldn’t convince him so I accepted his initial funds of about $25,000 and decided to follow my dreams and I have my own savings of about $8000. That’s why all the funds are personal.
What could be the problem, what can I improve on.

Can you please clarify this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tegipraise(m): 9:03pm On Dec 19, 2020
A very interesting and kinda weird reason why you chose the school.
You know, talking about race is very sensitive in your circumstances. It can be misinterpreted because of how sensitive it is right now in the US. You can't limit your reason as to why this school to “public Health problems of black people and
health problems of African Americans and the close genetics with the blacks of Nigeria”. then you also found historically black Universities. It was too streamlined and limited for an interview. Imagine if your VO was white, u think he would approve you?

I know you have passion for healthcare of the black population but when preparing for your next interview, don't lay too much emphasis. Read past transcripts and see how it was drafted to suit. Apart from research, add community services your school is involved in which will be beneficial to you.

Restructure and fire back, you have all it takes to achieve this already.

iPLEXUS:
Visa denied
4th of December
Abuja
I was interviewed by a black guy probably in his 40s
Profile: WES : 3.26
GRE : 309 it wasn’t required eventually
Program MPH
Admits.
1. University of Illinois Springfield(no scholarship COA for first year $35,000)
2. University of North Carolina Charlotte ( no scholarship COA $41,568)
3. Western Illinois University( 5000 ICS deficit $18,000 but admission letter was MPH, i-20 came with health teacher education which I wouldn’t be able to defend in the interview hence my decision not to go there)
4. Jackson State University Jackson Mississippi
(No scholarship COA $18756)
I picked Jackson State University

Me: Good morning
Vo: pass me your documents
VO: How long is this program for
Me: Two years
VO: How did you pick this school
Me: I was looking for a program with extensive research works on the public health problems of blacks, I did a google search and I found historically black universities. After going through the list and browsing the webpage of the programs, I picked Jackson State university because of the extensive research works there on the health problems of African Americans and the close genetics with the blacks of Nigeria.
I am also interested in the research works of Prof. Marinelle Payton and gratefully she was made my academic advisor when I got my acceptance letter.
VO: (Types for a while) Tell me about your educational background
Me: I hold a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery degree, I graduated in 2019. I did extensive undergraduate work in medicine, surgery and community medicine/public Health and the experiences have prepared me for graduate level studies in Public Health.
VO: Who is funding this
Me: My father is funding it and he has made the funds available to me
VO: What does your father do
Me: He is a director with a federal government ministry in Abuja which I told him
VO:Where do you work
Me: I work at the federal medical center in Bleep
VO: How long have you been working
Me: since September 2019
VO: are you married
VO: Do you have kids
VO: have you traveled outside Nigeria before
Me: No, never had a reason to
Vo: I have reviewed your application and find you ineligible at this time, this paper will explain to you

No documents were requested except i-20 and passport
Reason why funds are personal; I will share for clarity, I am a doctor and my dad wants me to practice but I have my own plans to travel. When I told him my intention to go for masters, he wasn’t pleased but instead insisted on helping me set up my private practice here in Nigeria. I couldn’t convince him so I accepted his initial funds of about $25,000 and decided to follow my dreams and I have my own savings of about $8000. That’s why all the funds are personal.
What could be the problem, what can I improve on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by KennedyKennedy2(m): 9:25pm On Dec 19, 2020
Lots of Young chaps escaping Nigeria for good grin grin.......
A big Congrat to the lucky ones, chaii wish am done with my BEng degree grin grin.
Nigeria a failed Nation.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 19, 2020
godguy:

Can you please clarify this
I am self funding because I want to use the money my dad gave me ~ $25000 to start my private hospital to fund the education in USA. He doesn’t want me to travel out for MPH but I want to do this on my own using that money hence the reason I can’t get his bank statement. I have my savings of about $8000. A total of about 33000. It indirectly looks like I am funding myself
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Motiqueen: 9:37pm On Dec 19, 2020
adesunloye11:
Good morning, please can I still get date to apply for visa school resume Jan 20. Thanks

I'm in this same position, this is my first time of applying and I can't even create an account to schedule an appointment, seems their website is under maintenance or so.

I don't even know what to do now, paid for the mrv since and I can't use it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GreatMage: 10:01pm On Dec 19, 2020
vc1177:

Your first class BSc is already a sweet smelling flavour. Go ahead and give it your best shot. More grace.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 10:13pm On Dec 19, 2020
Motiqueen:

I'm in this same position, this is my first time of applying and I can't even create an account to schedule an appointment, seems their website is under maintenance or so.

I don't even know what to do now, paid for the mrv since and I can't use it.

The site is working.
Change your browser if need be.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tarantino1: 10:15pm On Dec 19, 2020
tarantino1:

Dec 18th
Abuja

I met with the white guy

Good morning
VO: Good morning

VO: Pass ur passport and i-20

VO: So what are you going for?

Me: I'm going for a bachelor's degree in Y university Alabama

Vo(just recalled this one): why do you want to study this?

Me: It has always been my lifelong goal to work as a healthcare profession where I'll be equipped with the skills to help people in their most vulnerable state - when sick and injured

Vo: Checks the i20. Then asks why my uncle wants to give me that kind of money

Me: My uncle has always been interested in my education. He knows I'm very promising and focused and there'll be a great return of investment in my education

Vo: yes but you still haven't answered why he wants to give you that kind of money?

Me: oh, that? That's his bank statement

Vo: oh! Alright, what does he do?

Me: He's a X in Alabama

Vo: same state you'll be attending?

Me: yes.

Vo: do you have family in Nigeria?

Me: yes I do

Vo: list them

Me: My dad, mum, brothers and sister

Vo: Okay. Types for a while then says you're ineligible at this time

Someone please criticize my transcript.

Could the fact that my program start on March 3rd also be a reason?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 10:45pm On Dec 19, 2020
tarantino1:

Try and get admission in another state so it doesn't look like you are going to stay with your bro and not going school.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Motiqueen: 10:47pm On Dec 19, 2020
Chonco:

The site is working.
Change your browser if need be.

I used chrome and also safari, I got same response. Which other browser can I use?

I just tried UC browser and I got same response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tegipraise(m): 10:58pm On Dec 19, 2020
Yeah @time2win is right. I think family ties had an influence. Just like the transcript of the lady that has her husband in the US but she emphasized she's not gonna be staying with him, but in, I think the school's residence cos she's coming in strictly for studies, that worked for her.

You may have to show independent responsibility for your stay.

[/quote][quote author=tarantino1 post=97240845]

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tegipraise(m): 11:05pm On Dec 19, 2020
The reason you gave why your uncle is sponsoring you is not convincing at all. Try to come up with something rather than this generalize public used statement that everyone says. Just be unique with your answers. Read past transcripts.

tarantino1:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 11:30pm On Dec 19, 2020
Motiqueen:

I used chrome and also safari, I got same response. Which other browser can I use?

If you're using a mobile phone, change to Desktop view.
If it's PC, try firefox.

But it's actually working perfectly on phone
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Motiqueen: 12:26am On Dec 20, 2020
Chonco:

If you're using a mobile phone, change to Desktop view.
If it's PC, try firefox.

But it's actually working perfectly on phone

I tried both browsers on desktop view, still same thing.
Can I get Firefox on Macbook, that's the only laptop I have around, except I will use a cafe in the morning.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 12:35am On Dec 20, 2020
Motiqueen:

I tried both browsers on desktop view, still same thing.
Can I get Firefox on Macbook, that's the only laptop I have around, except I will use a cafe in the morning.

What message are you getting when you try to go through the site?

If you're going to a Cafe, don't forget to logout or do not save password when inputting your login details
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Motiqueen: 1:04am On Dec 20, 2020
Chonco:

What message are you getting when you try to go through the site?

If you're going to a Cafe, don't forget to logout or do not save password when inputting your login details

This is the message I get, been getting this since Friday morning.

1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 1:06am On Dec 20, 2020
Motiqueen:

Wait, hope you're using gmail?
If yes, then something else must be wrong.
Have you created an account with that email before? Like, you've made use of that same email address on that same site before.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Motiqueen: 1:17am On Dec 20, 2020
Chonco:

Wait, hope you're using gmail?
If yes, then something else must be wrong.
Have you created an account with that email before? Like, you've made use of that same email address on that same site before.

I am using yahoo mail for the registration... I haven't used the email before on the site.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 1:18am On Dec 20, 2020
Motiqueen:

I am using yahoo mail for the registration... I haven't used the email before on the site.

Don't use yahoo mail. It won't work.
Use Gmail
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Motiqueen: 1:24am On Dec 20, 2020
Chonco:

Don't use yahoo mail. It won't work.
Use Gmail

Sorry to ask, why won't it work?
I used yahoo mail for my dad few weeks ago for his application on same website and it went through. I'm just curious as to why yahoo mail won't work this time around. So it means I will have to create a Gmail account then.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 1:38am On Dec 20, 2020
Motiqueen:

Sorry to ask, why won't it work?
I used yahoo mail for my dad few weeks ago for his application on same website and it went through. I'm just curious as to why yahoo mail won't work this time around. So it means I will have to create a Gmail account then.

You said you've not made use of that email before?
Click on forgot password and see the response. There should be a solution.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adesco2k9: 5:26am On Dec 20, 2020
Anybody aware of available dates In Lagos pls ...

The reschedule options says I'm reaching number of times t can view it ..thought it doesn't have number of times to view

Help a hustling soul pls oo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by simpul(m): 6:40am On Dec 20, 2020
I have been trying to upload my documents for emergency request on CGI site but it has not be going through. Please does anyone know what could be the reason for this.

I was thinking it's because it's weekend.

Please I need clarification.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adesco2k9: 6:53am On Dec 20, 2020
simpul:
I have been trying to upload my documents for emergency request on CGI site but it has not be going through. Please does anyone know what could be the reason for this.

I was thinking it's because it's weekend.

Please I need clarification.

What's the response?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by simpul(m): 6:57am On Dec 20, 2020
adesco2k9:

What's the response?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dNairaman: 7:09am On Dec 20, 2020
Good morning house.

I got denied on friday at the Lagos consulate.

I had a really engaging interview with the black lady, in fact I was 90% certain she was going to approve, but then the 10% got the day.

My transcript is quite long, I plan to drop it later to give room to remember every ounce of it.

However, this lady passed by all the coloured slips people have been talking about, blue, green etc, and reached for a white slip. I thought it was going to be an approval slip. I was shocked to see it was a denial too.

My question now is, is there any difference attributed to these slip colors

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Peacock1234: 7:11am On Dec 20, 2020
Philadelphia:
Hello everyone,
My kid sister just called and said she was denied. I’m trying to console her but she wants to apply again.

She is to resume sometime in the 3rd week of January 2021.

Can I book another date for her before then?

Please what do I do and how do I go about it?

She hasn’t eaten breakfast and has refused to eat since then.

I believe she can apply again and if asked what has changed; the confidence to properly explain her goals and reasons for temporarily going to the US will suffice. In all; God is key. Please try to console her and check on her.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Peacock1234: 7:17am On Dec 20, 2020
I’m not sure it’s just home ties. If he asks about siblings as well; he’s probably trying to find out how many dependent relations you have. For example if he asks about siblings and they are married; u can state that you have 2 siblings that are all married. So he knows they are independent of your finance or parent’s finance. I hope it helps.
adesco2k9:
What can one say to boost the home ties , if not married

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by FutureSenator: 7:30am On Dec 20, 2020
Motiqueen:

1. Most likely you have registered with that email before. Click on forget password and check your email.

2. When entering the captcha code, ensure they are all in small letters.

3. Hope your account has not been frozen for 72hrs?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adesco2k9: 8:15am On Dec 20, 2020
[quote author=simpul post=97247062][/quote]

Why not use another browser

(1) (2) (3) ... (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.