Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,135 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (753) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1360136 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pompeiimagnus: 3:42pm On Dec 21, 2020
Tjayyy2406:
VISA APPROVED
21st December 2020
Lagos Consulate
BSc Mechanical engineering (transferring from unilorin)
COA: $44000
NO FUNDING OR SCHOLARSHIP (JUST GRACE)

Congratulations! When you get to KSU, endeavor to enrol in a minor - if possible, computer science. Ask your course advisors how to go about this. It would help you when searching for internships - which you would really need as a mech major in your sophomore and junior years.Then try to keep your GPA above 3.5 each semester, so you can fight for scholarships every year. Join NSBE and other student organizations, try to be active in them. All the best!

11 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GeoOla25(m): 3:42pm On Dec 21, 2020
Please is there anyone who interviewed in Abuja last week 16th, that picked VI Lagos for Passport pick up location that has gotten a pick up mail or picked his/ her passport up already.
Just wondering why no mail yet or the delay?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tjayyy2406: 4:07pm On Dec 21, 2020
Okay sure. Haven't seen it tho
Aquilapriscilla:
Brother can I DM you? I sent you a dm
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tjayyy2406: 4:09pm On Dec 21, 2020
Okay will look into these. Thank you.
pompeiimagnus:

Congratulations! When you get to KSU, endeavor to enrol in a minor - if possible, computer science. Ask your course advisors how to go about this. It would help you when searching for internships - which you would really need as a mech major in your sophomore and junior years.Then try to keep your GPA above 3.5 each semester, so you can fight for scholarships every year. Join NSBE and other student organizations, try to be active in them. All the best!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chlerion: 4:15pm On Dec 21, 2020
GeoOla25:
Please is there anyone who interviewed in Abuja last week 16th, that picked VI Lagos for Passport pick up location that has gotten a pick up mail or picked his/ her passport up already.
Same here to email yet. I don't know why it's being delayed like this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chlerion: 4:30pm On Dec 21, 2020
GeoOla25:
Check your email! Mine just dropped now...to pick up at the DHL office
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by nelmc: 4:53pm On Dec 21, 2020
nelmc:
Hello guys.

Please I have a brother in the States who is a PR. What would be the best response if the VO asks me about him and would it deter my chances of an approval?

Someone aid pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Asiwaju101: 5:07pm On Dec 21, 2020
Asiwaju101:
Pls is anybody seeing any new date in abuja or lagos,
I got denied last year December, deffered to fall 2020,covid came up and couldn't go for Interview, deffered to spring 2020 again,I still haven't gotten a date, I afford to defer my admission again as I don't know if the school will allow.
Pls can anyone advise�

Pls I need reply ooo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 5:21pm On Dec 21, 2020
Motiqueen:
Please who knows if there are dates available in Abuja between now and first week of January, I got January 25th and my resumption is January 20th.

Or should I just apply for emergency request?
if there are no closer date, collect a two weeks extension letter from your school. Then you're safe.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Legit215(m): 5:21pm On Dec 21, 2020
Finally in the USA, after getting my Visa in February then to booking a flight to leave in August just to be told not to travel as all my courses were online. Then to leave again and miss my connecting flight, had to reschedule again at the airport.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GeoOla25(m): 5:34pm On Dec 21, 2020
Chlerion:
Wow... let me check
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GeoOla25(m): 5:36pm On Dec 21, 2020
Chlerion:
VI or ISOlO?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GeoOla25(m): 5:37pm On Dec 21, 2020
Legit215:
Finally in the USA, after getting my Visa in February then to booking a flight to leave in August just to be told not to travel as all my courses were online. Then to leave again and miss my connecting flight, had to reschedule again at the airport.
Seems you’re the one at Ethiopian airlines office yesterday?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Motiqueen: 5:47pm On Dec 21, 2020
Friedpotato:
if there are no closer date, collect a two weeks extension letter from your school. Then you're safe.

So are you saying I should not apply for the emergency request? Cos I guess that will be my only safe opportunity of getting a closer date. I would appreciate your response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jezuzal9(m): 5:52pm On Dec 21, 2020
Who is going to Arkansas?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Acuna91: 6:12pm On Dec 21, 2020
emmanland:
Hello fam,

Jesus Christ has finally settled it on the 18th of Dec., 2020 at the Abuja embassy. Completely not by my power but all by mercy and grace.

My visa was approved without the request of any evidence.
Only passport and I-20 was submitted.

Please, due to the time left for me to conclude my travel plan, uploading my transcript could be delayed. Forgive me pleaaaaaase.

In the meantime, prepare as if that's is the only option and pray for God's guidance, mercy, and grace as if that is the only option.

Billions of thanks to everyone!

@time2win please I sent a PM to you, I am coming to CU. Your response is very valuable. Thank you!

Masters or PhD?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Legit215(m): 6:30pm On Dec 21, 2020
GeoOla25:

Seems you’re the one at Ethiopian airlines office yesterday?
No I flew Turkish got stuck at instanbul
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 6:32pm On Dec 21, 2020
Motiqueen:

So are you saying I should not apply for the emergency request? Cos I guess that will be my only safe opportunity of getting a closer date. I would appreciate your response.
no, you can apply for emergency request but if it is not granted, you are still safe.

You can collect a 2 weeks extension letter from your school. Meaning that instead of January 20, they'd start things for you by February 4. So you can still get your Visa by 25th and resume early.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Babygal1990: 7:06pm On Dec 21, 2020
Chonco:

Degree/Program?
MSC in surveying
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by morpheux: 7:40pm On Dec 21, 2020
Good evening, can anyone please help me review my personal statement?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tomison(m): 7:46pm On Dec 21, 2020
Does anyone know the emergency available dates in Lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by emmanland: 8:00pm On Dec 21, 2020
Acuna91:

Masters or PhD?

PhD
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Vader92: 8:18pm On Dec 21, 2020
Please does the bank statement need to be signed and stamped by the bank?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by brainy02: 8:44pm On Dec 21, 2020
If you guys know anyone coming to BGSU and seeking an apartment.

Let me know
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chlerion: 8:45pm On Dec 21, 2020
GeoOla25:

VI or ISOlO?
VI
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Inzaghi04: 8:50pm On Dec 21, 2020
Vader92:
Please does the bank statement need to be signed and stamped by the bank?
yes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Motiqueen: 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2020
Friedpotato:
no, you can apply for emergency request but if it is not granted, you are still safe.

You can collect a 2 weeks extension letter from your school. Meaning that instead of January 20, they'd start things for you by February 4. So you can still get your Visa by 25th and resume early.

Alright, many thanks for this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Inzaghi04: 10:01pm On Dec 21, 2020
If your emergency visa appointment was denied or your visa was denied and you are planning to defer your admission. You can first talk to your advisor(prof) and the office of graduate studies if they can give you more time to reschedule. Sometimes they can allow you to come while school have resumed. I mean the deadline on your i-20 is not a hard deadline. They can advise you better on this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thekingofafrica: 10:34pm On Dec 21, 2020
Chlerion:
Same here to email yet. I don't know why it's being delayed like this
you’d get an email at the close of work tomorrow.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adesco2k9: 10:43pm On Dec 21, 2020
Tomison:
Does anyone know the emergency available dates in Lagos
23 and Jan dates
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by babs4swag(m): 11:08pm On Dec 21, 2020
My emergency appointment was denied but surprisingly I got email today to reschedule just chill u will get it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by charger247: 11:42pm On Dec 21, 2020
Congratulations. You can spare atleast 10mins to compose and post your transcript now that its seems fresh otherwise I think you may forget some of the conversations if u delay posting. Just my thought.

emmanland:
Hello fam,

Jesus Christ has finally settled it on the 18th of Dec., 2020 at the Abuja embassy. Completely not by my power but all by mercy and grace.

My visa was approved without the request of any evidence.
Only passport and I-20 was submitted.

Please, due to the time left for me to conclude my travel plan, uploading my transcript could be delayed. Forgive me pleaaaaaase.

In the meantime, prepare as if that's is the only option and pray for God's guidance, mercy, and grace as if that is the only option.

Billions of thanks to everyone!

@time2win please I sent a PM to you, I am coming to CU. Your response is very valuable. Thank you!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.