Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,376 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355974 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:59am On Jun 24, 2019
Jachy4real:
Hello everyone!
Visa approved in Lagos on June 13th, 2019 at the 6.30am appointment.

Glad to see it all went well

Congrats. GOD bless your new journey

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Akin4sh: 6:01am On Jun 24, 2019
stripes16:
Guys please I'm still unable to schedule an interview appointment. Now I can't even login to CGI portal, it keeps giving me an error message that my login attempt has failed. Make sure the username and password are correct. I'm very sure I used the right one. Infact I tried changing password and it failed us. Please guys what do I do, time is running out
hope you not using safari..try chrome or clear your internet explorer history and try again.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by martinz1: 6:05am On Jun 24, 2019
fairheart:

Sometimes last month or so, I posted here that if you are offered scholarship, you should go with the document. All the documents you should have gone to the interview with are listed. Sometimes, lack of homework is what causes the refusals I have seen here. Given the rate at which many students obtain GA, GRA, GTA, etc, I am thinking they are starting to think about scrutinizing the source of the award. And should you not be able to give them a prove, they become uncomfortable.

Do you have the GRA offer letter? If not, contact your school and let them understand you have been refused as you could not show the prove of your award.

Make sure you have all the basic and required document with you. Sevis Fee confirmation receipt, GTB visa fee receipt, I-20 (signed), appointment confirmation, DS160 confirmation, 2 passport photograph of the same you uploaded online, scholarship letter, sponsor official bank statement.

If this visa matters, go back.
Pls is affidavit of support i134 required to go for the interview ,,because my sponsor has already filled it before and submitted to school before

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by martinz1: 6:06am On Jun 24, 2019
Sevis fee has been increased to $350 from $200,
Why are these people like this

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 6:10am On Jun 24, 2019
martinz1:
Sevis fee has been increased to $350 from $200,
Why are these people like this

They made the announcement since.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sherlock5577: 6:49am On Jun 24, 2019
akannium:

Hey!
I'd also be attending UL Lafayette. I've got piece of info for you.
I'm for ULL, and would also be glad to get the same info.
Thanks smiley
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OLANITEAyodeji1: 6:54am On Jun 24, 2019
good morning house...am a bit confused here will my parent have to sign on my i20 form
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NewAjala(m): 7:07am On Jun 24, 2019
Jachy4real:
Hello everyone! My visa has been approved. I have been trying to post my transcript here for almost a week now but to no avail. I keep getting banned by the anti-spam bot... Why? What do I have to do?

Cheers to your success! Bioanalytical Chem..Good one! Do you mind a pm?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 7:08am On Jun 24, 2019
OLANITEAyodeji1:
good morning house...am a bit confused here will my parent have to sign on my i20 form
If you're under 18, Yes. Else, No.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Amme018: 7:17am On Jun 24, 2019
Delaztyx:
Abuja office full today see peepo....lord..Any way we thank the lord for his mercies it was sucessful..
Congratulations.
I am trying to connect with you. Kindly check your PM Sir.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheZed(m): 7:25am On Jun 24, 2019
sharwama:

Hehehehe, I really love how this is going grin
I have the screenshot evidence from my source now. However, I will not mention his name for now as directed by my source.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mysweetsunshine: 7:42am On Jun 24, 2019
Sherlock5577:

I'm for ULL, and would also be glad to get the same info.
Thanks smiley

same here

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 7:44am On Jun 24, 2019
texrem:

I replied everybody. I didn't see yours!
It's probably in your spam folder.......but no problem tho I've paid the sevis fee but I go still need your help for mock interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Humble11: 7:45am On Jun 24, 2019
TheZed:
I have the screenshot evidence from my source now. However, I will not mention his name for now as directed by my source.

Mentioning their names doesn't make them a thief. Those paying chose to pay. I don't know why we are taking it so serious. Though i am not in support of billing people. But if they have billed anyone, you went as far as going to their PM, if not, the person should have asked the question here. Some people don't play with their time and if you want that time, pay for it. Else ask your questions here.

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OLANITEAyodeji1: 7:59am On Jun 24, 2019
i actually made dat mistake.. i told my Dad to sign it b4 seeing where it was written boldly...pls what can i do
dreambound:

If you're under 18, Yes. Else, No.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by afeezzezo: 8:01am On Jun 24, 2019
sharwama:

Hello dear, I replied you immediately you sent it. Thank you too grin grin grin

Lool. Thanks dear
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 8:05am On Jun 24, 2019
sharwama:
TO WHOM IT MAY NEVER CONCERN grin
I'm crying and smiling right now and I don't know why. I hate being an empath. I have absorbed so much feelings tonight on this thread.
If you follow my posts, you'd realize I have always considered myself a Jon Snow on this thread, I know nothing. I often advised as an apprentice while waiting for the masters to give a better response.
I have never argued or fought with anyone on this thread. I have had to keep quiet over certain things that didn't please me. One of them has to do with demanding money for mock interview, transcript review and even writing of SOP (via pm of course)
I have reviewed over 80 transcripts in my mail, dem no dey gree me rest, na dem dey rush me ooo grin
But I have never charged anyone for that, I actually enjoy reading transcripts, e dey sweet me like Alomo bitters grin grin grin
I used to run away from conducting mock interviews because I thought I was neither good enough nor qualified. So I kept redirecting people on this platform to people I believed were more capable than myself.
Unfortunately, some persons would come back with "one person charged me a big sum of money, please just do the mock anyhow you can"
I didn't want to argue with them, I couldn't convince them to open up and be brave enough to reveal the name of anyone who charged them, I guess they knew once there's evidence, Sharwama must talk, she is so free. Sharwama is a drama queen, she will break this table. I guess they didn't like the spotlight grin
So I started doing "unprofessional" mock for our people grin grin grin As in mock interview that has no NAFDAC registration number grin
I bought a new sim card, created a WhatsApp account and I have dedicated and consecrated that sim card to NL until I travel to Tennessee( we will find a way)
I don't have much time but I do what I can for whoever I can, whenever I can and it gives me unquantifiable joy!
Some of you read my diary of gratitude, I wouldn't be where I am now if Texrem had asked me for money before helping me. What he did for me, what he is still doing for me, when I think about everything, I'm like " how did I get so lucky"
Let me make it clear tonight, the accused and persecuted "might" have actually charged "some' individuals who sought "his help" but I promise you, he is not the only one. Yes I wrote that. One down, some more to go!
There are people here who charge exorbitant fees even for writing statement of purpose, giving fake assurance that their "professional SOP" will foster automatic admission. Oh puhleeze my muse is becoming too strong. Sharwama calm down, easy, easy, take it easy!
When breeze blow, las las fowl pink yansh go open.
Please be brave enough to call out anyone from this platform that exhibits the character of an "agent". This thread was created to teach you how to do it yourself so you won't fall prey to agents!
If people want to help you, they will. No, it is not your right to be helped(so don't demand it!) Ask nicely, some people just love to help.
However, if someone puts a price tag on it, it ceases to be help. It is business! If I charge 40k to modify your transcript, please come here and post it "gods of NL, Sharwama asked me to pay 40k before she will help me ooo" grin grin grin and you better have screenshot or audio to back up your claim before roasted thunder from Okija shrine will locate you grin grin grin
Ultimately, no matter what happens, through the rain and stormy weather, we are family. We rise by lifting others, we are in this together. Should I also add, we are stuck with each other grin grin grin
Our people that have interview this week, please forget about this Africa magic we are doing here grin grin grin
Focus and go and bring visa biko. I want to dance atilogu this week on top your success grin
May the force be with you!
Lol someone messaged me from this thread saying he can help me do a SOA with enough funds that I'll take to the interview

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 4gunners(m): 8:07am On Jun 24, 2019
Davidkking:

Lol someone messaged me from this thread saying he can help me do a SOA with enough funds that I'll take to the interview
lol, Hope u didn't take it, na 10yrs ban ooo.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by gbadenor(m): 8:09am On Jun 24, 2019
good morning nqiralander, please am having issues with my DS 160, when I get to the last page where I will submit, whenever I input my passport number, it keeps saying the passport number I enter is different from the one I entered earlier and I have contacted the customer service but no changes yet.
has anyone ever had issues like this before, e Sha nu mi oo
interview date is getting nearer.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 8:14am On Jun 24, 2019
gbadenor:
good morning nqiralander, please am having issues with my DS 160, when I get to the last page where I will submit, whenever I input my passport number, it keeps saying the passport number I enter is different from the one I entered earlier and I have contacted the customer service but no changes yet.
has anyone ever had issues like this before, e Sha nu mi oo
interview date is getting nearer.
Check the same DS160 again. The part where you entered your passport no. earlier, was there any mistake there?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 8:14am On Jun 24, 2019
Good morning time2win, Id like to send you a mail
Time2win:

They made the announcement since.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 8:15am On Jun 24, 2019
4gunners:
lol, Hope u didn't take it, na 10yrs ban ooo.
I dey craze......I can't play with my education abeg
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OLANITEAyodeji1: 8:18am On Jun 24, 2019
please i made a mistake of signing on my i20 form and am above 18 ....wat can i do
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheZed(m): 8:19am On Jun 24, 2019
Humble11:

Mentioning their names doesn't make them a thief. Those paying chose to pay. I don't know why we are taking it so serious. Though i am not in support of billing people. But if they have billed anyone, you went as far as going to their PM, if not, the person should have asked the question here. Some people don't play with their time and if you want that time, pay for it. Else ask your questions here.
Who called anyone a thief here? Why not direct people back to the thread instead of billing them when you know you can’t freely help. Why do we see every opportunity as a means to extort people instead of helping. This thread was created to freely guide people to do the right thing and not to source for client. If you want people to pay for your service you can get a shop or kiosk close to the embassy and start charging per hour since you don’t play with your time. People here freely helped us, why can’t we just do this same?

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 8:22am On Jun 24, 2019
OLANITEAyodeji1:
i actually made dat mistake.. i told my Dad to sign it b4 seeing where it was written boldly...pls what can i do
The I20 stated Parent or Guardian, and student, must sign if student is under 18

IT DIDN'T STATE PARENTS OR GUARDIAN SHOULD NOT SIGN IF STUDENT IS ABOVE 18.

THAT IMPLIES THAT IT IS MANDATORY FOR NON-ADULTS BUT NOT MANDATORY (OPTIONAL) FOR ADULTS ...YOU DID NOT DISOBEY ANY RULE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OLANITEAyodeji1: 8:24am On Jun 24, 2019
u make sense
dreambound:

The I20 stated Parent or Guardian, and student, must sign if student is under 18

IT DIDN'T STATE PARENTS OR GUARDIAN SHOULD NOT SIGN IF STUDENT IS ABOVE 18.

THAT IMPLIES THAT IT IS MANDATORY FOR NON-ADULTS BUT NOT MANDATORY (OPTIONAL) FOR ADULTS ...YOU DID NOT DISOBEY ANY RULE.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jachy4real: 8:35am On Jun 24, 2019
NewAjala:

Cheers to your success! Bioanalytical Chem..Good one! Do you mind a pm?

No problem. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Humble11: 8:38am On Jun 24, 2019
TheZed:
Who called anyone a thief here? Why not direct people back to the thread instead of billing them when you know you can’t freely help. Why do we see every opportunity as a means to extort people instead of helping. This thread was created to freely guide people to do the right thing and not to source for client. If you want people to pay for your service you can get a shop or kiosk close to the embassy and start charging per hour since you don’t play with your time. People here freely helped us, why can’t we just do this same?

Did he/she beg anyone to PM him or her. Ask your questions on this thread and leave their PM alone, anything that happens there is your business. You can't ask someone to give you names of schools when Google is there for you and nairaland is there. If you want him/her to do the work for you and he/she demands a fee, pay it if you want. It's their choice to do it for free. As far as they are contributing freely on this thread and helping in answering questions, it's good for the thread.

12 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:53am On Jun 24, 2019
OLANITEAyodeji1:
please i made a mistake of signing on my i20 form and am above 18 ....wat can i do

Don't panic.... it's ok to make a mistake. You can just cross it out with one line. Just one straight line
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Drekales: 8:54am On Jun 24, 2019
Humble11:

Did he/she beg anyone to PM him or her. Ask your questions on this thread and leave their PM alone, anything that happens there is your business. You can't ask someone to give you names of schools when Google is there for you and nairaland is there. If you want him/her to do the work for you and he/she demands a fee, pay it if you want. It's their choice to do it for free. As far as they are contributing freely on this thread and helping in answering questions, it's good for the thread.

That's Nigerians for you. Hasty to nail those that help out. Even some people that have not responded to any inquiry are still talking.

I mentioned someone here to help me out and till now she is still yet to respond. You see the speed Brown uses in responding and someone here still had the effrontery to make jest of that.

Gone through over 700 of his post and didn't see anywhere he cajoled anyone .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheZed(m): 9:01am On Jun 24, 2019
Humble11:

Alright. I’ll respond to this discussion after this. Before-then, to those billing people I must say there is a better reward in helping freely than those meagre amount you choose to collect. Those that have done that in the past can testify to that I can also testify to that.
To those sending PM’s for information you can easily get here, let’s cultivate the habit of doing our due diligence (research);After all we are all going to graduate school. Don’t underestimate this repository, it has a wealth of information. Just search for it.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 9:02am On Jun 24, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Don't panic.... it's ok to make a mistake. You can just cross it out with one line. Just one straight line
LOL. You should be a doctor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.