Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022333 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NuelNuelTT(m): 8:34pm On Jul 09, 2019
3.86/5.00, offered admission into Lakehead University and Memorial Uni.

mroyato:
Guys I am conducting a quick survey. Can people who got admission into Canadian university this year state their CPGA and the school they gained admission into.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Miscellaneous(m): 8:36pm On Jul 09, 2019
Mofpearl:

I got into Dalhousie Universiy and University of Manitoba.
CGPA is 3.989 out of 4
Please, is it accompanied with a fully funded scholarship?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 8:40pm On Jul 09, 2019
Miscellaneous:

Please, is it with a fully funded scholarship?

Yes all offer came with full funding but I've turned down Dalhousie University offer

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 09, 2019
Really? Please what exactly did you submit
Folaliving:
Travel history is not really an important reason visa get delayed. i got my study visa on a fresh two months old passport with no travel history. It's better to tackle other stuff like proof of funds, purpose of visit and ties than to focus on travel history.

p.s. i didn't even write any statement of purpose.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Miscellaneous(m): 8:43pm On Jul 09, 2019
Juleskiki:
Long Post Alert....
Wow, I crafted this testimony a long time ago to inspire someone.
My admission process was not an easy one, but when it was time God showed up. I applied to 2 schools late last year against fall 2019. By March 2019 they both sent me a refusal letter. I felt really bad, after the whole struggle of getting a supervisor and all. So I started looking for another supervisor, luckily one got back to me and after the interview and all. He offered me a spot in his lab. And in less than 3 weeks I was admitted with full funding.

Background:

BSc Applied Microbiology

Msc Environmental Science

Going for a PhD in Environmental Engineering

My Timeline:
Upfront medical-23rd May 2019
Submitted: 30th May 2019 (Paper route)

Biometrics: The same day
Upfront Medical updated to passed:13th June 2019
BVL: 20th June 2019
Approval:8th July 2019

Documents submitted

Admission letter
BSc Certificate
Bsc Transcript
Msc Certificate
Msc Transcript

Travel Docs with previous visas and exit stamps

Financial Docs
Detailed financial breakdown (This was a 2-page document extracted from my SOP, I felt I needed to explain my finance properly regardless of the funding)

1. Scholarship/Funding Letter (Full funding)

2. Letter of Support from Mum ( she noted she will be supporting with 11k per year regardless of the scholarships and assistantships)

3. Affidavit of support

4. SOA (Mum)

5. Employment details (Pay slips, Employment letter , Promotion letters)

6. My SOA (1.8M)- part of this money was from my husband as support funds

7. My employment letter

8. My confirmation letter

9. Letter of support from husband

10. Employment letter from husband

11. Letter of Introduction from my Institution (this letter also shows I was granted a paid study leave for 4 years since I could not wait for the official letter from my institution)-

12. Personal Car document

Others
1.SOP (well detailed -4Pages) Reason: My academic background was not straightforward, so I needed to explain every bit well.
2. Academic CV ( this Cv just shows different research, conference, publications, and relevant work experience) barely 2 pages
3.Marriage docs
4.Childbirth certificate
5.Husbands and child international passports
6.Mums international with travel history
7.My company CAC
8.Abstract of Publication and paper presentation

Special thanks to God Almighty…

Now this would not have been possible without the help of Frankrobbn1, Qudkom, schenobaby, 4evaco, Justmellow, Ticive Thanks so much guys… I am super grateful…
Wonderful news. Congrats
Please, is there any need to provide another proof of funding after getting a fully funded scholarship? It beats the essence of it if for anything.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Miscellaneous(m): 8:44pm On Jul 09, 2019
Ayodeji786:

Yes all offer came with full funding but I've turned down Dalhousie University offer
Please, lets talk on WhatsApp. I need ur assistance plsss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 09, 2019
Did u find a supervisor first?
Ayodeji786:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 09, 2019
Yes very necessary to have ur own funding
Miscellaneous:

Wonderful news. Congrats
Please, is there any need to provide another proof of funding after getting a fully funded scholarship? It beats the essence of it if for anything.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Miscellaneous(m): 8:47pm On Jul 09, 2019
jessyeve:
Yes very necessary to have ur own funding
So visa won't be granted without my own funding even when I have a fully funded scholarship?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 8:49pm On Jul 09, 2019
Miscellaneous:

Please, lets talk on WhatsApp. I need ur assistance plsss

Ok
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 8:50pm On Jul 09, 2019
jessyeve:
Did u find a supervisor first?

Yes, I got prospective supervisor with the department prior to applying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Miscellaneous(m): 8:52pm On Jul 09, 2019
Ayodeji786:

Ok

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mofpearl: 8:55pm On Jul 09, 2019
Miscellaneous:

Please, is it accompanied with a fully funded scholarship?
University of Manitoba came with fully funding and Dal covered most of the costs.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 09, 2019
No dear, u need have urs because of miscellaneous, ur father statement of account will be ok
Miscellaneous:

So visa won't be granted without my own funding even when I have a fully funded scholarship?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AkeemTy(m): 9:03pm On Jul 09, 2019
You are welcome.
oyinlove15:
Thanks, I really appreciate.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mickyade: 9:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
The guru pls assist a bro.
My wife applied for canada study permit, did upfront medical and got her passport back after 6wks. Enclosed with her passport is a slip stating that if she did not receive the final decision on her mail, she should send them a mail. So she sent a mail over 1wk now no respond. What do you advice us to do now because no much time again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 9:31pm On Jul 09, 2019
mroyato:
Guys I am conducting a quick survey. Can people who got admission into Canadian university this year state their CPGA and the school they gained admission into.
4.37/5 University of Windsor

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 9:34pm On Jul 09, 2019
mroyato:
That was the only school I applied to sha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sumji: 9:41pm On Jul 09, 2019
Please can someone respond to this, Sample of family tree. Urgent!

Ishaq96:
Please can any one here help me with a sample of a family tree showing relationship and also an LOI sample. I would appreciate. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Green4(m): 9:47pm On Jul 09, 2019
Am in UAE now, please Mr Frank and other gurus in the house do you have any idea if i can submit via paper route here in UAE thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Emmyinks: 9:48pm On Jul 09, 2019
gakintan:
@Ayodeji786 I applied to Saskatchewan uni using the pre-qualification form. Do u have any info that can help? Can u send to gakintan@yahoo.com as I want ask some other questions

This is exactly what I did too. I will also like to have neccesary info too. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Emmyinks: 9:50pm On Jul 09, 2019
Ayodeji786:

Please can I ask you some questions about university of Saskatchewan, please.

Overall CGPA 4.74 of 5.0 and last two year CGPA 5 of 5. I got admissions to Dalhousie University, University of Saskatchewan and Memorial University of Newfoundland
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mofpearl: 9:51pm On Jul 09, 2019
Green4:
Am in UAE now, please Mr Frank and other gurus in the house do you have any idea if i can submit via paper route here in UAE thanks
Do you have a resident permit? If so, you can.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Folaliving: 10:14pm On Jul 09, 2019
I made sure that my courses were in the same field. this helps tackle purpose of visit. So I had BSc Mass communication and got admission for MA communications. I also had experience in communications cos i was serving.

For proof of funds, my parent sponsored me, and I provided a detailed letter. I didn't pay tuition cos school did not want it but i attached the email stating that. Also added detailed document of sponsors. i also didn't include my own statement of account.

Home ties, I added parent's landed properties, tenancy receipts and building plans.

No SOP cos i felt it was not needed. everything was self-explanatory.

jessyeve:
Really? Please what exactly did you submit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ohammed1001(m): 10:43pm On Jul 09, 2019
Hello Ladies and gentlemen, I’m Ohammed1990 back then, but now ohammed1001... I finished my secondary school in 2011 and seeking a B.sc admission into one university in Canada but after double refusal I had to seek admission for university in Nigeria for my undergraduate, now I’m done with my Bsc but still going for my NYSC by November, can I seek for admission for my masters admission down and have the admission intact or I should chill till when I’m done with my NYSC next year.... make una help una boy ohh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gakintan: 11:03pm On Jul 09, 2019
Vesment:
check this out my brothers and sisters
What are these indicators pointing at
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by richcasey: 12:06am On Jul 10, 2019
Miscellaneous:

Is NYSC discharge certificate a must? Can't it be approved if one don't have discharge certificate yet because he's just starting nysc?

It is not a required document

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 12:47am On Jul 10, 2019
Yes o, this is important
Also need this information
Sumji:
Please can someone respond to this, Sample of family tree. Urgent!

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.