Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1024742 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chynwe(f): 9:20am On Jul 30, 2019
Chinonye94:
APPROVAL ALERT!
Submitted paper application on the 24th of April 2019
Medical request: 13th June 2019
Eligibility review: 17th June 2019
Medicals done at QLife: 4th July 2019
Medicals passed: 15th July 2019
BVL: 26th July 2019
Approval: 29th July 2019

Application profile
Admission into MSc/PhD in Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, University of Manitoba, Fall 2019. I secured a supervisor with full funding (23000 CAD). ( I actually have an MSc in Biochemistry but had to apply for MSc because UofM Biochemistry department does not admit international students to PhD directly: I will be doing one year MSc coursework and move to PhD for the remaining 3 years)
School fees: 12000 CAD

Documents submitted
1. Funding letter from supervisor
2. Printout from department website showing that they do not take students directly for PhD
3. Scholarship letter from UofM (5400 CAD)
4. Academic transcripts (MSc and BSc)
5. CV
6. SOP (3 pages)
7. SOA from my inlaw who has no dependents
8. Affidavit of support from inlaw
9. In law's landed property documents
10. Sponsor's business documents
11. International passport
12. Sponsor's international passport, and passport of dad's sister
13. Parents' and siblings' IDs
14. Academic awards gotten in secondary school and university, leadership certificates
15. Birth certificates (mine and my siblings')
16. Parents' and sponsor's marriage certificates
17. Admission letter
18. WAEC certificate
First, i want to thank God Almighty, my own visa officer!! I very worried that the VO would think that because I applied for MSC rather than PhD, I want to run away, but God did it. I also did not submit my account statement or any landed property, but just explained in my sop that I'm passionate about making a difference upon my return to Nigeria. Even though I showed no proof other than my family, God still did it!
Thanks to all the gurus and friends on this wonderful platform. You guys are all so amazing, God bless you!!
To all those still waiting for results, God will speedily deliver your approvals in Jesus name.
God bless you
Congratulations. This is good news

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SmallerB: 9:23am On Jul 30, 2019
Hello everyone please I need help, did my medicals at Qlife but the result has not been posted and the 30days I was given in the request letter is almost up. I have called Qlife and they keep saying I should wait a little
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jola17: 9:41am On Jul 30, 2019
Chinonye94:
APPROVAL ALERT!

Application profile
Admission into MSc/PhD in Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, University of Manitoba, Fall 2019. I secured a supervisor with full funding (23000 CAD). ( I actually have an MSc in Biochemistry but had to apply for MSc because UofM Biochemistry department does not admit international students to PhD directly: I will be doing one year MSc coursework and move to PhD for the remaining 3 years)

Documents submitted
2. Printout from department website showing that they do not take students directly for PhD
5. CV
6. SOP (3 pages)
14. Academic awards gotten in secondary school and university, leadership certificates
17. Admission letter
18. WAEC certificate
First, i want to thank God Almighty, my own visa officer!! I very worried that the VO would think that because I applied for MSC rather than PhD, I want to run away, but God did it. I also did not submit my account statement or any landed property, but just explained in my sop that I'm passionate about making a difference upon my return to Nigeria. Even though I showed no proof other than my family, God still did it!
Thanks to all the gurus and friends on this wonderful platform. You guys are all so amazing, God bless you!!
To all those still waiting for results, God will speedily deliver your approvals in Jesus name.
God bless you
Congrats

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 9:47am On Jul 30, 2019
Bkoks:
[Timeline:
Submitted online 18th May
Biometrics 22nd May
Medical request 4th July
Medicals done 15th July
Medicals passed 18th July
Bvl and passport request 30th July
quote author=Bkoks post=80762429]Wow guys!!!

BVL and passport request dropped this morning. Wow Nairaland...you've helped me twice now in 2 years.

I'm so grateful for the immense knowledge gained through posts.

My question is, my sister dropped her passport with me in Lagos (she's back to Ado) can I help her submit it in VFS and also collect when it's ready? P.s. she signed consent for indirect submission and collection form.

Congratulations dude. I'm happy for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nicerichard05: 9:56am On Jul 30, 2019
hardeholar1:
Good day friends
With great disappointment, I was denied student visa based on three reasons
1. Purpose of visit
2. Travel history
3. Assets- personal assets and financial status
So I will like practical solutions @frankrobnn @autacus

SO SORRY ABT THAT, CAN YOU SHARE YOUR TIMELINE AND DOCUMENTS U SUBMITTED
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nicerichard05: 9:57am On Jul 30, 2019
Chinonye94:
APPROVAL! Thank you Lord!

CONGRATS. PLS POST YOUR FULL TRANSCRIPT grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chinonye94: 10:05am On Jul 30, 2019
Pekun210:
Congratulations
did you write GRE?

Thanks. No I didn't
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chinonye94: 10:05am On Jul 30, 2019
nicerichard05:

CONGRATS. PLS POST YOUR FULL TRANSCRIPT grin grin
Thank you. I have!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 10:17am On Jul 30, 2019
Pls house does eligibility review stop after medical has been passed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bkoks: 11:14am On Jul 30, 2019
Thank you all for the congrats.

I need anyone to please answer me (also are there charges to be incurred?)

My question is, my sister dropped her passport with me in Lagos (she's back to Ado) can I help her submit it in VFS and also collect when it's ready? P.s. she signed consent for indirect submission and collection form.[b][/b]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by darrywhyte(m): 11:54am On Jul 30, 2019
Gbemms9:

I used an agent for my visa application,
I applied to the school myself.
Please can you put me through the process you used, the fees am getting for securing admission is too much.
Can you send a PM.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 30, 2019
If your results have been sent, It would be updated soon, Be patient. As far as you did the medicals before the 30days deadline, no need to panic
SmallerB:
Hello everyone please I need help, did my medicals at Qlife but the result has not been posted and the 30days I was given in the request letter is almost up. I have called Qlife and they keep saying I should wait a little

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by precious225: 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2019
Congrats dear
Chinonye94:
APPROVAL ALERT!

Application profile

Documents submitted
5. CV
6. SOP (3 pages)
17. Admission letter
18. WAEC certificate
God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stephanie22: 12:55pm On Jul 30, 2019
Nobleman61:
Please fam, this is what my dashboard looks like, does it mean nothing have started already?
Because I don’t understand when is reading or not.
Pls someone should help�
My blood they hot�
can I ask you some questions please? What exactly do they review in the eligibility requirements and also background check up? Secondly, have you done your medicals before now this is because you were told that you do not need it unless required.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by naijalodge(m): 12:56pm On Jul 30, 2019
Congratulations bro, would you please share me your email, I’ll be really grateful, thanks in. Anticipating
Chinonye94:
APPROVAL ALERT!

Application profile

Documents submitted
5. CV
6. SOP (3 pages)
17. Admission letter
18. WAEC certificate
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stephanie22: 12:56pm On Jul 30, 2019
precious225:
Congrats dear
congratulations dear. During your medicals did you do this smear pap Virginal test. I just want to know? Thank you wrong quote I will referring to Chinonye94
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ManTiger(m): 1:13pm On Jul 30, 2019
I've been trying to schedule for biometric appointment on vfs website since last night and my all efforts has been futile. Please what's the new procedure? Can I just show up and do the biometric same day.

Thanks

I've been doing the registration since last night and each time I attempt to log in, I get this response, can anyone help with updated information on how to submit biometrics?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ManTiger(m): 1:45pm On Jul 30, 2019
ManTiger:
I've been trying to schedule for biometric appointment on vfs website since last night and my all efforts has been futile. Please what's the new procedure? Can I just show up and do the biometric same day.

Thanks

I've been doing the registration since last night and each time I attempt to log in, I get this response, can anyone help with updated information on how to submit biometrics?

Please, if anybody is seeing this, I really need the information to plan my off and navigate my way tomorrow. Asap pls. Their helpline is busy!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Emmyinks: 1:45pm On Jul 30, 2019
Gamma007:
Alihamdulillah, Approval alert...
Msc chemical engineering university of Alberta

Paper Application
Date of application, May 6
Medical request June 14.
Medical passed June 28
Biometric correspondence mail July 22
Final approval July 26.

Documents submitted.
Transcript
Degree statement of result
Attestation letter from institution,showing certificate hasn't been issued
O'level result
IELTS result
Admission letter
Funding letter
SOA
Police clearance
Certificate of National population commission
SOP
Reference letter

I want to appreciate everyone on this group, for the spirit of togetherness,selflnesses and your invaluable words of guidance and encouragement.
I got everything I needed for my application from this forum.
And for the people that are always optimistic all the time, congratulating me in advance even when I write a post to express my discomfort and frustration in the application waiting time, your words are always very timely.Thank you once again.

Finally I got another letter on my portal yesterday, the correspondence letter to be shown upon landing in Canada with address of Lagos embassy, does it mean that I can go and pick up my passport now? because it was approved on Friday and I was thinking a text message will be sent.

To all the travel hopefuls we shall rejoice very soon my God's.

CONGRATULATIONS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 1:54pm On Jul 30, 2019
ManTiger:

Please, if anybody is seeing this, I really need the information to plan my off and navigate my way tomorrow. Asap pls. Their helpline is busy!

Sorry, you do not need to book appointment. Just walk in very early in the morning and within 40mins you're done. Though norms, it shouldn't exceed 20mins but due to the crowd go very early.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ManTiger(m): 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2019
Ayodeji786:

Sorry, you do not need to book appointment. Just walk in very early in the morning and within 40mins you're done. Though norms, it shouldn't exceed 20mins but due to the crowd go very early.

Thanks so much sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 2:05pm On Jul 30, 2019
Nope.. It stops when a final decision has been made.. Be it Refusal or Approval.. Peace
ca12:
Pls house does eligibility review stop after medical has been passed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 2:14pm On Jul 30, 2019
Chinonye94:
APPROVAL! Thank you Lord!
Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 2:30pm On Jul 30, 2019
Ok thanks for the info
Was wondering why mine is showing eligibility not started even after I have gotten the medical request
makano:
Nope.. It stops when a final decision has been made.. Be it Refusal or Approval.. Peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Micmay1(f): 2:36pm On Jul 30, 2019
You don't need to schedule an appointment for biometrics. All you need to do is to make your way to VFS very early in the morning to get it done.

ManTiger:

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blije: 2:36pm On Jul 30, 2019
ca12:
Ok thanks for the info
Was wondering why mine is showing eligibility not started even after I have gotten the medical request
When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 2:38pm On Jul 30, 2019
May 10
Paper route
Blije:

When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by holllowu: 3:41pm On Jul 30, 2019
no need to schedule an appointment, just go there because it wont make any difference, make sure u go with your passport and your biometrics request letter. also be prepared to spend the whole day there. most importantly, be there as early as possible.
ManTiger:

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobleman61: 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2019
[quote author=Nobleman61 post=80760736]Please o, house my eligibility and background check is running at the same time, is that a bad sign ?

Please can anyone help me with this question? thanks cool
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 4:04pm On Jul 30, 2019
Nobleman61:
Please o, house my eligibility and background check is running at the same time, is that a bad sign ?
Please can anyone help me with this question? thanks
cool
no. it happens like that sometimes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Gbemms9: 4:19pm On Jul 30, 2019
OliviaPretty9:
What school please ?

I applied to 3 schools
But I chose ryerson University
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobleman61: 4:38pm On Jul 30, 2019
Stevenssen:

no. it happens like that sometimes

Okay , thanks smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.