Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,445 members, 7,826,711 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1027958 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 07, 2019
ca12:
APPROVAL ALERT
Finally passport pickup request dropped after almost 3 months of waiting and 1 month after medicals.
Although no date was given I would just go pick it up tomorrow.
congratulations are in order.... happy landing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kingsnigga: 3:42pm On Aug 07, 2019
jessyeve:
Haba, why losing hope like this, keep the faith up
Yes I'm not giving up hope but I'm just getting myself ready for the challenge ahead grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 4:50pm On Aug 07, 2019
Jephehe:
SAD NEWS!!!

It was hard for me to say bye to Mr Peter who came to Canada 2013 on study visa and Returning to Naija where Buha is in charge on Aug 2 with DP status.

Peter was kind to me when all effort to change my campus proved abortive, with him I met the President of the School. Peter arrived Canada and forget to follow up his studies and fake friends advised him to seek for Refugee status, which did not go through he used all his life lines including judiciary refusing to hear the case, no one went through till he was issued Pre-Removal Order was issued to him. The last line he used took him up to the minister of immigration and he refused to get involved. The only thing he is hanging his hope on is to marry a Canadian but still no way to get a legal stay. During this struggle he was working in big companies which he saved some change that he travelled with to hell no Naija.

Abeg my brothers and Sisters make una learn from this summarized story of Peter because of time for my break I cut cut the story but just learn your lessons.

Please write wetin you learn.

Make i go continue my hustle.

Greetings from Ontario,

Greetings to Baba Buha,

I wish all approval.
That's sad; but I will not shy away from the lessons to be learnt. Thanks for sharing here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2019
please i want send an updated SOA because of increase in flight ticket and i wish to send it through webform,, should i or should i leave it. thanks
my medicals has been passed since 4th july tho(upfront)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OB411(m): 5:12pm On Aug 07, 2019
Jephehe:
SAD NEWS!!!

It was hard for me to say bye to Mr Peter who came to Canada 2013 on study visa and Returning to Naija where Buha is in charge on Aug 2 with DP status.

Peter was kind to me when all effort to change my campus proved abortive, with him I met the President of the School. Peter arrived Canada and forget to follow up his studies and fake friends advised him to seek for Refugee status, which did not go through he used all his life lines including judiciary refusing to hear the case, no one went through till he was issued Pre-Removal Order was issued to him. The last line he used took him up to the minister of immigration and he refused to get involved. The only thing he is hanging his hope on is to marry a Canadian but still no way to get a legal stay. During this struggle he was working in big companies which he saved some change that he travelled with to hell no Naija.

Abeg my brothers and Sisters make una learn from this summarized story of Peter because of time for my break I cut cut the story but just learn your lessons.

Please write wetin you learn.

Make i go continue my hustle.

Greetings from Ontario,

Greetings to Baba Buha,

I wish all approval.

If you ever get an opportunity like this. D O N T_B L O W_I T!

There might be an explaination for his decision though, but with an ending like this everybody would assume he failed to use the best option and followed bad advise.

Some people think its better not to test the good life at all, than to test it and lose it for good.

May the God of many chances provide a better opportunity.

God bless all hopeful.

Another Lesson Learned !
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sumji: 6:30pm On Aug 07, 2019
I don't know you bro, not sure I want to either, but for whatever it's worth, you got my respect here with the way you wrapped this up! cool

benque:
Cheers big man

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 07, 2019
Let's know there's any update dear
kingsnigga:

Yes I'm not giving up hope but I'm just getting myself ready for the challenge ahead grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 07, 2019
Lol@hiambenson, been insulting and calling it putting in place, like I don't know insulting words to use and avoided them , if I was the one that gave the insults now , heaven would have fallen open , everyone go form relevant because we r in a forum sha, indeed wisdom is profitable , it's well, wish u well my brother .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 7:24pm On Aug 07, 2019
Yes sir
Kentz3:
pls sir is ur sponsor ur parent?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 7:24pm On Aug 07, 2019
University of Calgary
holllowu:
which school please ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by justwise(m): 7:28pm On Aug 07, 2019
mcobex:
Justwise refused to highlight that part. One of the reasons people go to UK for undergraduate degree is mainly because they can hardly get schools in other parts of Europe whose language of instruction is English language. Though most of them have realized that now and have started running English sessions for international students, once they all do that I bet UK won't get to see international students (except those ministers children). Though their education standard is high but same goes to some other countries in Europe who need only time to make their mark

Name those countries and when they started offering English language taught courses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by justwise(m): 7:33pm On Aug 07, 2019
waynee2baba:
Lol chill. I already did my research properly and chose UK over Manitoba then in 2016. Wanted to grab a British degree ASAP and move to Canada. Going to Canny with a British degree will give me an edge in the job market.

This is the funnest excuse i have ever come across, you spent at least 10M naira in the UK just to get a certificate then travel to Cananda to spend more millions to get another certificate?. How about those who got the same Canadian admission and visa from Nigeria without traveling to to the UK?

Just be honest that you failed to get what you wanted in the UK then decided to move to Canada simple.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by justwise(m): 7:35pm On Aug 07, 2019
hiambenson:

STFU! You're in pains! grin B*tch, I don't have your time. I don't blame you either because you think you're on a faceless forum. The number of backlash you've received on this thread is alarming. If you had channelled your energy into minding your business and being open minded towards your TRV application, you might have gotten an approval.
I'm so done with you, cu*t!

..and you should kiss goodbye to this thread and ID.

You really need to be ashamed of yourself for using such language on another person.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by wealthkata: 8:04pm On Aug 07, 2019
Congrats......Pls which of the did you apply to and what is choice of program (Pgd of Msc) Thanks,
ca12:
APPROVAL ALERT
Finally passport pickup request dropped after almost 3 months of waiting and 1 month after medicals.

Timeline:
Paper route (application and biometrics done the same day) 10th May
Medical request mail 24th June
Medical done 4th July (IOM MHAC)
Linked application online 9th July
Medical passed 12th July
Webform sent 4th August (felt application was taking too long)
Medical follow up mail *see my last post where I explained more* August 6th
I think human error caused my application to delay.
IOM sent proof of medical which I attached to a webform and sent August 6th
Correspondence letter August 7th
Mail to lagos office for pickup August 7th (3 hours later)

Documents submitted
Academic qualification:
• Letter of Admission from the University of Calgary.
• Undergraduate Academic Transcript
• (WASSCE) result
• Bachelors certificate
• NYSC certificate
• IELTS academic result.
Financial qualification:
• Six (6) month Statement of account from my sponsor’s bank showing a closing balance of 9m.
• Letter of introduction from sponsor office showing her salary.
• Letter and declaration of sponsorship from my sponsor.
• My sponsor international passport page.
• My sponsor visa pages.
• Landed Property Document of my sponsor.
• Sworn Affidavit from the High Court.
• Letter from my bank showing my personal fixed deposit account with a balance of 4.6m and that can be liquidated at any time.
• My personal pensions account document.
• University acceptance fee payment receipt of 500CAD.
I DID NOT PAY ANY SCHOOL FEES.
• My personal statement of account showing a closing balance of 600K.
Employment:
• My offer Letter from my office where I work.
• My Resume.
• ID my office where I work.
• Letter of reference from my manager.
• Letter to prove I am a consultant.
• My three month payslip.
Others:
• Completed and signed IMM1294E, IMM5483E, study permit questionnaire and IMM5707E forms.
• Police Character Certificate.
two (2) page SOP.
• My international passport data page.
• My visa page.
• My sibling’s international passport and visa page.
• Two Passport photograph.
• My sibling’s birth certificate.
• My birth certificate.
• parents birth certificate and proof of marriage.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by wealthkata: 8:05pm On Aug 07, 2019
Congrats......Pls which of the schools did you apply to and what is ur choice of program (Pgd or Msc) Thanks,
ca12:
APPROVAL ALERT

Timeline:
Paper route (application and biometrics done the same day) 10th May
Medical request mail 24th June
Medical done 4th July (IOM MHAC)
Linked application online 9th July
Medical passed 12th July
Webform sent 4th August (felt application was taking too long)
Medical follow up mail *see my last post where I explained more* August 6th
I think human error caused my application to delay.
IOM sent proof of medical which I attached to a webform and sent August 6th
Correspondence letter August 7th
Mail to lagos office for pickup August 7th (3 hours later)

Documents submitted
Academic qualification:
• Letter of Admission from the University of Calgary.
• Undergraduate Academic Transcript
• (WASSCE) result
• Bachelors certificate
• NYSC certificate
• IELTS academic result.
Financial qualification:
• Six (6) month Statement of account from my sponsor’s bank showing a closing balance of 9m.
• Letter of introduction from sponsor office showing her salary.
• Letter and declaration of sponsorship from my sponsor.
• My sponsor international passport page.
• My sponsor visa pages.
• Landed Property Document of my sponsor.
• Sworn Affidavit from the High Court.
• Letter from my bank showing my personal fixed deposit account with a balance of 4.6m and that can be liquidated at any time.
• My personal pensions account document.
• University acceptance fee payment receipt of 500CAD.
I DID NOT PAY ANY SCHOOL FEES.
• My personal statement of account showing a closing balance of 600K.
Employment:
• My offer Letter from my office where I work.
• My Resume.
• ID my office where I work.
• Letter of reference from my manager.
• Letter to prove I am a consultant.
• My three month payslip.
Others:
• Completed and signed IMM1294E, IMM5483E, study permit questionnaire and IMM5707E forms.
• Police Character Certificate.
two (2) page SOP.
• My international passport data page.
• My visa page.
• My sibling’s international passport and visa page.
• Two Passport photograph.
• My sibling’s birth certificate.
• My birth certificate.
• parents birth certificate and proof of marriage.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Gbemms9: 8:24pm On Aug 07, 2019
JustMellow:

When did your friend do the medical/applied last year and when also this year?

She applied June 2018 Last year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Gbemms9: 8:26pm On Aug 07, 2019
mcobex:
Medical is valid for 12 calendar months (1 year) , so let her calculate from the day she did the medical till when she reapplied.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Gbemms9: 8:28pm On Aug 07, 2019
Blije:

Depends on when the person applied
The medical results are valid for a year
So if it’s less than a year ago she had the test, then yes.. there’s no need

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 8:34pm On Aug 07, 2019
Gbemms9:

She applied June 2018 Last year

It has expired, she will be needing a new medical test result.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 07, 2019
wealthkata:
Congrats......Pls which of the did you apply to and what is choice of program (Pgd of Msc) Thanks,
hi there, you don't have to quote such long post. You can always have them edited.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by emmy4Gold: 8:56pm On Aug 07, 2019
Good evening good people and fellow Nigerians. Please I need clarification on this, "My visa application was refused in December 2016. I want to reapply again" Do I need to do another biometric
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 9:13pm On Aug 07, 2019
University of Calgary
Meng coursebased chemical engineering
wealthkata:
Congrats......Pls which of the schools did you apply to and what is ur choice of program (Pgd or Msc) Thanks,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blije: 9:22pm On Aug 07, 2019
emmy4Gold:
Good evening good people and fellow Nigerians. Please I need clarification on this, "My visa application was refused in December 2016. I want to reapply again" Do I need to do another biometric
Nope

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by emmy4Gold: 9:28pm On Aug 07, 2019
Blije:
Nope
thank you so much @ Blije
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 9:34pm On Aug 07, 2019
justwise:

Name those countries and when they started offering English language taught courses.
Bro let's not try to argue on this, but do you know some schools in Hungary, Latvia, Turkey....(the list goes on) now run their bachelor's degree in English language and they aren't that expensive?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by justwise(m): 9:53pm On Aug 07, 2019
mcobex:
Bro let's not try to argue on this, but do you know some schools in Hungary, Latvia, Turkey....(the list goes on) now run their bachelor's degree in English language and they aren't that expensive?

Lol..and how many foreign students are rushing to those countries to study? Dude the UK is the original brand.

Even with the removal of post-study work permit number of foreign students coming to the UK to study did not drop much infact number of Chinese students actually increased, Nigerian students only dropped from 18,020 to 12,665 a year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by g00dy: 10:07pm On Aug 07, 2019
My application is in its 5th week, school resumes in less than 4 weeks, do you think I can also send them an email? embarassed

mcobex:
I think you should send am email to them since it has exceeded the processing time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 10:09pm On Aug 07, 2019
g00dy:
My application is in its 5th week, school resumes in less than 4 weeks, do you think I can also send them an email? embarassed

If it has exceeded the processing time for your country then send an email to them but if not you have to wait and keep praying.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 10:28pm On Aug 07, 2019
A VERY BIG YES... Peace
emmy4Gold:

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.