Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,615 members, 7,843,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1036954 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:26am On Aug 07, 2019
SmallerB:
Hello everyone. Please, is it possible to stay in one province for a few days before flying to his destination for school?

Yes, you can even stay more, especially prior before the resumption of your school.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by holllowu: 11:27am On Aug 07, 2019
i once saw something on this thread about a guy who was sent back to nigeria because he boarded a flight to another province while his school was in another province, i suggest you go to the province where your school is located
SmallerB:
Hello everyone. Please, is it possible to stay in one province for a few days before flying to his destination for school?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:29am On Aug 07, 2019
Madupcy:
Good morning house, pls I have been trying to log in for days now but it keeps redirecting me to this page in the attached image below.
I have used different browsers and it’s the same.

Is this normal?

Pls someone should help biko.

Try clearing your browser history and if it still occurs, then the issue might be from IRCC.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blije: 11:31am On Aug 07, 2019
holllowu:
i once saw something on this thread about a guy who was sent back to nigeria because he boarded a flight to another province while his school was in another province, i suggest you go to the province where your school is located
Omo o
These people are not smiling
One needs to be careful

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SmallerB: 11:33am On Aug 07, 2019
Thanks, there is no direct flight there and the layover to the flight going to the province is long. I just want to ask if someone can leave the airport before the flight
holllowu:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 11:36am On Aug 07, 2019
nawaoo, no reply from Vo since yesterday,, be like they have gone for another mid term break

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 11:37am On Aug 07, 2019
This was uncalled for
Ayodeji786:

Thank God you're one. So f*ck off. You f*cking pussy!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 11:38am On Aug 07, 2019
Thanks my g
mcobex:
Don't worry, hopefully before next week you will get your approval mail. Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:39am On Aug 07, 2019
holllowu:

Not if the person have a concrete reason or boldly outspoken when questions are being asked. I know of few people who did or have done this without any hassle at the airport. It also may depend on the CBSA agents at the airport on that day, but with good reasons and valid traveling documents, its possible.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:43am On Aug 07, 2019
SmallerB:
Thanks, there is no direct flight there and the layover to the flight going to the province is long. I just want to ask if someone can leave the airport before the flight

I see no reason why not, when you have a valid documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 11:44am On Aug 07, 2019
If these UK guys don't make their immigration laws favourable to international students, by 2021, na only Justwise go dey active for that UK tier 4 visa thread lmao grin
raymege:
I think my class was the past batch that got a 2years PSW permit in the UK, that was circa 2011.

Truth is, since then the number of people especially from Africa going to the UK has REDUCED.

it isn't even about wanting to stay there forever, people also want to gain some international work experience before going back to their homeland, so the lack of a straight PSW permit is a huge disincentive for a lot of people.

That 3 months they give now, is nothing and very inadequate to secure a good employment that would help you change your status there.

Truth is, there's really nothing in the UK, the jobs aren't there compared to places like Canada or the UK or Australia or even Germany. Getting a decent job in the UK isn't easy-it takes time and processes.

If I know what I know now(no regrets anyway) , I would have gone for my Undergraduate in Canada then, rather than the UK.
I had the option of Canada and the UK . Canada was taking to long, so I opted for the Uk.

UK still has the fastest and most straight forward Uni admission process. You can get 5 offers letters a week from UK universities in a week.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by holllowu: 11:44am On Aug 07, 2019
please see this link
https://www.nairaland.com/2557850/travelling-canada-part-9/159#40374266

SmallerB:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SmallerB: 11:45am On Aug 07, 2019
Thanks its better to just stay at the airport. Better safe than sorry
JustMellow:

I see no reason why not, when you have a valid documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 11:50am On Aug 07, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 07, 2019
Answer to your Last question is called bullying, you are trying to correct someone yet acting worse than the person, that's y I don't budge with the attacks, I will be my straightforward self because the last thing I will do is to reduce myself to name calling, faceless or not, I'm only blunt but intentionally being disrespectful? count me out, I most certainly find name calling distasteful, it's for illiterates that can't gt their points across therefore resort to abuses, let's try to differentiate ourselves from illiterates at all times please especially on educational platform like this, it speaks class, Dalu nu .
raymege:
You guys should calm down and be more civil please.
All this is totally unnecessary and uncalled for.
You never know where you might meet again.

Let's be wary of creating enemies and bitterness for ourselves.

You can't be praying and hoping for good things like TRV and have so much bad energy around you.

When everyone is thinking alike, then no one s thinking.
A dissenting opinion isn't a crime,, if the language or manner of communication is poor, you can even call the person's attention without resorting to using foul language.

What's really the difference between you and the person you accuse of being inpolite ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by raymege: 11:53am On Aug 07, 2019
� I think they will review that policy soon, before the end of next year perhaps. The murmurs are already there.

They traditionally come out with revised immigration policies around April each year;if I'm not mistaken.

The Brexit (the need to build alliances with other nations outside the EU) -especially if it turns out a hard Brexit, is another major reason that will necessitate the review.

But, don't bet on that happening, go with what you are certain about.

Hope is not a strategy ; never bet on hope. Fly with Canada,if you have the means.

waynee2baba:
If these UK guys don't make their immigration laws favourable to international students, by 2021, na only Justwise go dey active for that UK tier 4 visa thread lmao grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AgroNACT(m): 11:56am On Aug 07, 2019
SmallerB:

Same here, the direct flight i first reserved would have a layover of 24hr+ at another province before moving to my province of destination. So its almost impossible to wait that long. They should consider when one books a flight to different province so as to board another one to his destination just to safe time. I pray them!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SmallerB: 11:58am On Aug 07, 2019
Thanks, although i dont think i would have problem since i still have another flight stated. Would just stay at the airport till its time
holllowu:
please see this link
https://www.nairaland.com/2557850/travelling-canada-part-9/159#40374266

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SmallerB: 11:58am On Aug 07, 2019
Lol its to sleep and wakeup inside airport lol
AgroNACT:

Same here, the direct flight i first reserved would have a layover of 24hr+ at another province before moving to my province of destination. So its almost impossible to wait that long. They should consider when one books a flight to different province so as to board another one to his destination just to safe time. I pray them!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by raymege: 12:03pm On Aug 07, 2019
So Sorry if you have been hurt by anyone here.
Truth, is no matter how you judge a matter, most times ALL parties involved what have some element of blame or guilt to share.

So let's forget about who's wrong or right.

Also, in as much you like being straight , be mindful of your language or your intentions being misinterpreted.
Not just here but in life generally.
Relationships are extremely important.

Perhaps, your communication pattern or language betrays you; maybe people erroneously misinterpret your point because they don't understand you.

We need to be mindful of the perception we are giving out, perception is often times more powerful than reality.

Just move on, forget whatever has happened.

Let others do same. There's no one above mistakes.
No one is perfect.

We should all learn to tolerate our excesses.
If a comment is hurtful, call the person out politely or better still move. We are already here for a purpose, let's not loose focus majoring on minors

jessyeve:
Answer to your Last question is called bullying, you are trying to correct someone yet acting worse than the person, that's y I don't budge with the attacks, I will be my straightforward self because the last thing I will do is to reduce myself to name calling, faceless or not, I'm only blunt but intentionally being disrespectful? count me out, I most certainly find name calling distasteful, it's for illiterates that can't gt their points across therefore resort to abuses, let's try to differentiate ourselves from illiterates at all times please especially on educational platform like this, it speaks class, Dalu nu .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 12:03pm On Aug 07, 2019
Thanks a lot bruv. Much appreciated !
gatsbym4:

@waynee2baba
I don’t know u oo but I think you’re in the UK, I saw this from my friend and thought I should show you.
I hope I don’t get banned for this as it’s not allowed to share outside infor here but it might take a while to get your email so I’ll just put it here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 12:03pm On Aug 07, 2019
raymege:
I think my class was the past batch that got a 2years PSW permit in the UK, that was circa 2011.

Truth is, since then the number of people especially from Africa going to the UK has REDUCED.

it isn't even about wanting to stay there forever, people also want to gain some international work experience before going back to their homeland, so the lack of a straight PSW permit is a huge disincentive for a lot of people.

That 3 months they give now, is nothing and very inadequate to secure a good employment that would help you change your status there.

Truth is, there's really nothing in the UK, the jobs aren't there compared to places like Canada or the UK or Australia or even Germany. Getting a decent job in the UK isn't easy-it takes time and processes.

If I know what I know now(no regrets anyway) , I would have gone for my Undergraduate in Canada then, rather than the UK.
I had the option of Canada and the UK . Canada was taking to long, so I opted for the Uk.

UK still has the fastest and most straight forward Uni admission process. You can get 5 offers letters a week from UK universities in a week.

Very true.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 07, 2019
Well said, I'm not hurt in anyway, I can't be bothered by a stranger word more reason it surprises me how much mine hurts others... I will try my best to tune down the best I can oh but for the records, I gt along with friends well, nobody had to complain of communication so it bores down to understanding, if u feel wronged sorry oh because i wouldn't want to hear anyone suffering from heartattack, please don't take me serious if u r sensitive please pretend I'm not here lol
raymege:
So Sorry if you have been hurt by anyone here.
Truth, is no matter how you judge a matter, most times ALL parties involved what have some element of blame or guilt to share.

So let's forget about who's wrong or right.

Also, in as much you like being straight , be mindful of your language or your intentions being misinterpreted.
Not just here but in life generally.
Relationships are extremely important.

Perhaps, your communication pattern or language betrays you; maybe people erroneously misinterpret your point because they don't understand you.

We need to be mindful of the perception we are giving out, perception is often times more powerful than reality.

Just move on, forget whatever has happened.

Let others do same. There's no one above mistakes.
No one is perfect.

We should all learn to tolerate our excesses.
If a comment is hurtful, call the person out politely or better still move. We are already here for a purpose, let's not loose focus majoring on minors

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AgroNACT(m): 12:16pm On Aug 07, 2019
SmallerB:
Lol its to sleep and wakeup inside airport lol
Lol, that's not when your school resumes the next day.
Hmmmm, all will be well!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 12:18pm On Aug 07, 2019
This may help someone
May 10th applicant
Medical request June 28
Did medicals July 4 and linked application online. Medicals updated to passed on July 12
Application pending and eligibility review not started.
Then the wait started
Up till August 2nd, no update on application and eligibility review had not yet started.
Then I sent out a web form and a mail to Nairobi office. Saw the mails listed on page 128.
August 6th, I received a follow up mail asking me to go do medicals and that if they do not hear from me in 15 days, I stand to be denied my visa.
Was very furious ehn.
Then started sending out every single mail I could send and also sent a mail to the hospital. Thank God IOM responded on time with a copy of the sent medical result as proof. I then sent this copy in a new mail and also filled the web form to Nairobi specifically,”.
This morning August 7th,I got the BVL letter and eligibility review has started.
So imagine this guys someone did not do his work well and just left my application on hold. Aahhhh
Well, I trust God that I would get my visa in two days time.
So if your application is overdue, pls send a mail because human error could cause a delay.
I don’t know who saw my post yesterday, I guess no one had a response to it but I hope this post passes some info for someone that has been waiting for long.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 07, 2019
Congrats dear, yes I support, send a webform when your application is already being attended to and there's unnecessary delay. All the best
ca12:
This may help someone
May 10th applicant
Medical request June 28
Did medicals July 4 and linked application online. Medicals updated to passed on July 12
Then the wait started
Up till August 2nd, no update on application and eligibility review had not yet started.
Then I sent out a web form and a mail to Nairobi office. Saw the mails listed on page 128.
August 6th, I received a follow up mail asking me to go do medicals and that if they do not hear from me in 15 days, I stand to be denied my visa.
Was very furious ehn.
Then started sending out every single mail I could send and also sent a mail to the hospital. Thank God IOM responded on time with a copy of the sent medical result as proof. I then sent this copy in a new mail and also filled the web form to Nairobi specifically,”.
This morning August 7th,I got the BVL letter and eligibility review has started.
So imagine this guys someone did not do his work well and just left my application on hold. Aahhhh
So if your application is overdue, pls send a mail because human error could cause a delay.
I don’t know who saw my post yesterday, I guess no one had a response to it but I hope this post passes some info for someone that has been waiting for long.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Madupcy: 12:28pm On Aug 07, 2019
JustMellow:

Try clearing your browser history and if it still occurs, then the issue might be from IRCC.

Thank you so much .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sumji: 12:28pm On Aug 07, 2019
Hi @Qudkom! Please can I send you my SOP, to quickly throw in a word or two? It's just 2 pages. Trying to tie up all loose ends.

Qudkom:

Bro, what's your status?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 12:29pm On Aug 07, 2019
See motivation. Omo mine's 3 weeks and 3 days. I feel like submitting web form o cuz my blood dey hot
ca12:
This may help someone
May 10th applicant
Medical request June 28
Then the wait started
Was very furious ehn.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 12:30pm On Aug 07, 2019
ca12:
This may help someone
May 10th applicant
Medical request June 28
Then the wait started
Was very furious ehn.

So glad there’s now progress...congrats in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 07, 2019
Lol if it has exceeded the processing time and ur mind is telling do so, go ahead.
waynee2baba:
See motivation. Omo mine's 3 weeks and 3 days. I feel like submitting web form o cuz my blood dey hot

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.