Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022397 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by raymege: 6:22am On Aug 12, 2019
You know you are being silly, right?
You understand this point you are trying to make can still be made with a better language?
Bede2u:
awon canada slaves...am abroad o...and am telling u...dont quit a comfortable life and come here o...after msc u will be looking for canada experience and be driving uber in the mean time...its not easy o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Wilfik: 7:33am On Aug 12, 2019
Bede2u:
awon canada slaves...am abroad o...and am telling u...dont quit a comfortable life and come here o...after msc u will be looking for canada experience and be driving uber in the mean time...its not easy o

This is really uncalled for na, is this how the people in the abroad behave? undecided
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by BTGbenga: 7:56am On Aug 12, 2019
Leave abroad na and come back how to enjoy your joblessness freedom.
Bede2u:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by fasttrack(m): 7:58am On Aug 12, 2019
Bede2u:

Are u sure you've left the four corners of this country or you have a bsc or msc degree in canada or professional exam. You sound alil furstrated. Lets not derail this thread, there re several peeps waiting for study visa here.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NuelNuelTT(m): 8:02am On Aug 12, 2019
@mcobex, many thanks for this reply. God bless.

All we need here is positive vibes, please.

mcobex:
First, ask your sister what's her main reason from asking you not to apply (apart from the vo won't grant you TRV).
Now to the matter at hand, you can get your TRV if you package your app very well.
Since you said you earn around 600k/month it will be better if you say you and your brother will do the sponsoring together (one acting as sponsor and the other as co-sponsor).
Make sure you apply for a master's that is related to your current job experience or your Bsc (that's if they aren't related).
About convincing the vo, you can simply say since you lost your husband(God bless his soul) you feel going back to school will help you get more busy and help you get over him a little bit. That ever since he left you haven't been the same and now you just want to go back to school to help get your mind off. You can apply alone first while you use your children and company as home-ties but if you think you have enough fund to cover for yourself and your children then you can apply with them(but it means you will have to explain how and who will take care of them while you are in school)....
NB: Talk your sister again and ask her to give you other reasons why she doesn't want you to apply (apart from your age).
Come back here when you have discussed with her.
Good luck

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 8:09am On Aug 12, 2019
raymege:
You know you are being silly, right?
You understand this point you are trying to make can still be made with a better language?

Sounds like it’s uber he’s driving after Msc..the fact that things are tough for you doesn’t mean everyone’s own would be same. What are her chances of getting visa?
Abeg she should apply jawe...the worst thing that would happen is to be rejected. No one is to old to learn and gain extra knowledge. If you have the zest, go for it.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by amintacarrie: 8:14am On Aug 12, 2019
[quote author=Stevenssen post=81170561]
Okay. There are two options here.
The mother can apply to take the kids with her as she is traveling or she can travel first, using them as home ties and apply for them when she gets there.
She can get approved with any of them but the 2nd is always the best one.

Thanks I really appreciate your prompt response pls what do you mean when you say "number 2 is always the best" pls shed more light on the last paragraph
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Akpesman: 8:31am On Aug 12, 2019
I will be very thankful if anyone can help me with a well drafted sample letter of sponsorship from employer for student visa to embassy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 9:11am On Aug 12, 2019
amintacarrie:
Thanks I really appreciate your prompt response pls what do you mean when you say "number 2 is always the best" pls shed more light on the last paragraph
Having your kids here while you are going to study is a good home tie because no mother will abandon her young kids in Nigeria. It means that there is a high chance of the mother coming back after her studies, which is a huge advantage in the visa application process.
When you get your visa and you are already in Canada, then you can apply for them to come over and join you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 9:12am On Aug 12, 2019
Abroad can mean Cyprus or Afghanistan or Pakistan. So relax. He has been shouting he is in Abroad, please specify country let's be sure if its not Liberia or DR Congo or Libya

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by amintacarrie: 9:29am On Aug 12, 2019
[quote author=Stevenssen post=81174848]
Having your kids here while you are going to study is a good home tie because no mother will abandon her young kids in Nigeria. It means that there is a high chance of the mother coming back after her studies, which is a huge advantage in the visa application process.
When you get your visa and you are already in Canada, then you can apply for them to come over and join you.

Massive thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by biolaowo(m): 9:46am On Aug 12, 2019
please i am new on this platform.
i had 7.0 in IELTS
4.06 in chemical engineering OAU (3.49/4 and 3.67/4 in the last 2 years )
i need advise from gurus in the house on universities to apply for partial scholarship, full or even cheap universities please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Masterariyo(m): 10:38am On Aug 12, 2019
mcobex:
First, ask your sister what's her main reason from asking you not to apply (apart from the vo won't grant you TRV).
Now to the matter at hand, you can get your TRV if you package your app very well.
Since you said you earn around 600k/month it will be better if you say you and your brother will do the sponsoring together (one acting as sponsor and the other as co-sponsor).
Make sure you apply for a master's that is related to your current job experience or your Bsc (that's if they aren't related).
About convincing the vo, you can simply say since you lost your husband(God bless his soul) you feel going back to school will help you get more busy and help you get over him a little bit. That ever since he left you haven't been the same and now you just want to go back to school to help get your mind off. You can apply alone first while you use your children and company as home-ties but if you think you have enough fund to cover for yourself and your children then you can apply with them(but it means you will have to explain how and who will take care of them while you are in school)....
NB: Talk your sister again and ask her to give you other reasons why she doesn't want you to apply (apart from your age).
Come back here when you have discussed with her.
Good luck

God bless you for this response

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by raymege: 10:41am On Aug 12, 2019
With the attitude the guy just put up here and his other post on Nairaland, it shouldn't come as a surprise if he's unemployed or underemployed.

Who would employ someone with such a poor attitude.?
People just think freedom of speech is a license to be irresponsible and uncouth.

Blema111:

Sounds like it’s uber he’s driving after Msc..the fact that things are tough for you doesn’t mean everyone’s own would be same. What are her chances of getting visa?
Abeg she should apply jawe...the worst thing that would happen is to be rejected. No one is to old to learn and gain extra knowledge. If you have the zest, go for it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MsJu: 10:42am On Aug 12, 2019
Hi everyone. Please if you're coming in and your previous study is not related to your current course I carry God beg you to reread your sop incase you meet the immigration guys on duty yesterday.
Until I left POE they were still asking one Indian guy to convince them on why he left his field to become a chef grin. You need to see how this guy was sweating, speaking all his grammar the immigration guy said he hasn't seen reasons why he should give him the study permit grin

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 10:45am On Aug 12, 2019
MsJu:
Hi everyone. Please if you're coming in and your previous study is not related to your current course I carry God beg you to reread your sop incase you meet the immigration guys on duty yesterday.
Until I left POE they were still asking one Indian guy to convince them on why he left his field to become a chef grin. You need to see how this guy was sweating, speaking all his grammar the immigration guy said he hasn't seen reasons why he should give him the study permit grin
Lol. CIC sha

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 10:52am On Aug 12, 2019
Lmfao
MsJu:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MsJu: 10:53am On Aug 12, 2019
amintacarrie:
Good Evening All, gurus in the house pls if a mother intends to apply for a 1 or 2yrs program in Canada, can she travle with the kids? Does she stand a chance in terms of visa?
Personally I don't think there's yes or no to this question . Here we have seen ppl get approval with kid, get rejection with kids, get approval leaving kids behind and get rejection leaving kids behind.
Based on the experience I had yesterday if your kids are very young it's better you apply with them but your finace has to be strong.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by raymege: 10:54am On Aug 12, 2019
You do have a chance, you just need to work hard on your SOP and argue your case properly.

Ensure the program is close to your past qualifications or your current work experience/Job; also provide sufficient home ties ; assets etc to show the VO you aren't migrating.

I have a much older friend,who is close to 50 years and was a Bank manager, he applied for an MBA and he got a study permit.

I don't think age is much of an issue,if you argue your case properly.

amintacarrie:
Good Evening All, gurus in the house pls if a mother intends to apply for a 1 or 2yrs program in Canada, can she travle with the kids? Does she stand a chance in terms of visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MsJu: 11:04am On Aug 12, 2019
ralfudoh:

Lol. CIC sha
As in... Some of those guys on duty yesterday were something else, at a pont the guy was calling his agent.
Although I was delayed because of my son's passport issues, but my experience was great I even promised the one that attended to me a Nigerian wife grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by GMs: 11:25am On Aug 12, 2019
Really ?

Qudkom:

What you are about to carry out is the use of a 3rd party sponsor. It is not enough to make us of an individuals financial portfolio simply because they have "cash". You have to carefully provide documents to proof your relationship with them and also they need to show commitment to your studies. Lastly, VOs sometimes frown at one year programs, they sometimes believe applicants use them to immigrate to canada especially if you have limited travel history.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 11:48am On Aug 12, 2019
SOP jacking on point
MsJu:

As in... Some of those guys on duty yesterday were something else, at a pont the guy was calling his agent.
Although I was delayed because of my son's passport issues, but my experience was great I even promised the one that attended to me a Nigerian wife grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tavict: 12:22pm On Aug 12, 2019
hello everyone, please I will like you to put me through about the student visa in Canada.. Im applying for a post graduate diploma course in Cape Breton University, but have been denied twice at the US Embassy .. what are my chances , what are the documents needed ?... please, I just need someone to guide me through this process
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Christycode: 12:45pm On Aug 12, 2019
What else was asked at the point of entry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:51pm On Aug 12, 2019
livepluslife:
Hi,
Am 43yrs old and was widowed a year plus ago. I just need a new place to retry life smiley. I intend to apply for a masters program. I have a brother who is willing to and financially capable of sponsoring me plus my name appear as a director in his company. I have 4 daughters. I earn about 500k monthly from my bro company and get a 100k support monthly from him personally. My elder sister in Ontario keeps discouraging me that since my Bsc is since 2000 and because of my age I may not be considered. Pls seniors kindly advise, I would like to have other opinions on my success chances.

Hello livepluslife,

I don't see age 43 as a "too old to study" in fact education generally has no age bracket or limit. Irrespective of the age, and as an academia, the person should be able to put up convincing and acceptable reason(s) why deciding to further or attain a degree or certificate for personal development or career advancement.

Even at 43, you might even decide to even go for a Graduate Diploma/Certificate than a Masters (or still a Masters). Any decision to opt for either program should be backed with strong reasons and expressed desire as aforesaid.

Since you have a brother who's capable of such sponsorship financially and also looking at your earnings, you stand a success chance.

I think your sister is only worried about the possibility of successfully getting the SP given your age and study gap. From personal experience, this might pose to be an obstacle but not completely true if a demonstration of being a genuine student can be proven/shown by giving reasonable accountability for the study gap/age.

I don't see any reason why you can't get your SP if you file an application. You're not the 'first' 43yrs old to apply for a SP or with a study gap, as many and few that I have witnessed has been successful. The major thing associated with Canadian SP is LUCKY and a well packaged application to the best of your (researched) knowledge.

My advice:

1. Write a well constructive and convincing SOP
2. Write a LOE to address your study gap and other additional explanation (if applicable)
3. Work on your home ties
4. Work on your finance
5. Include relevant documents that will best demonstrate any stated claims/support your application.

I see you succeeding if you sow your best in it.

Best of luck!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by spaggyy(m): 12:57pm On Aug 12, 2019
Christycode:
What else was asked at the point of entry

i need to know too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by spaggyy(m): 1:10pm On Aug 12, 2019
livepluslife:
Hi,
Am 43yrs old and was widowed a year plus ago. I just need a new place to retry life smiley. I intend to apply for a masters program. I have a brother who is willing to and financially capable of sponsoring me plus my name appear as a director in his company. I have 4 daughters. I earn about 500k monthly from my bro company and get a 100k support monthly from him personally. My elder sister in Ontario keeps discouraging me that since my Bsc is since 2000 and because of my age I may not be considered. Pls seniors kindly advise, I would like to have other opinions on my success chances.

good day ma'am, I am not a professional or expert in this, but permit me to suggest; why not think of other other packages such as visiting or vacation, since you have a good account record, you can just apply to go for a month vacation (of course they will give u more than a month visa.

Make the VO understand that u just want to take a break from work and to return in a month time, to attend to work and prepare for your last daughter wedding, which you intend to buy her gown in Canada

just my thought
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by BTGbenga: 1:12pm On Aug 12, 2019
PLS IS CIC ON HOLIDAY TODAY.

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.