Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,077 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1024857 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Higihaga: 1:18pm On Aug 12, 2019
BTGbenga:
PLS IS CIC ON HOLIDAY TODAY.

You can check by confirming their Working hours on Google
For Nairobi VO , their is holiday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by BTGbenga: 1:25pm On Aug 12, 2019
ok Bro. Thanks. Am interested in Nairobi.

Higihaga:

You can check by confirming their Working hours on Google
For Nairobi VO , their is holiday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2019
Tavict:
hello everyone, please I will like you to put me through about the student visa in Canada.. Im applying for a post graduate diploma course in Cape Breton University, but have been denied twice at the US Embassy .. what are my chances , what are the documents needed ?... please, I just need someone to guide me through this process
As long as US didn't deny you based on any fraudulent activity you are good, Canada will judge you based on what you submit to them (but make sure to let them know you have been denied in the past by US or any other country that has denied you before).
As for the steps to take, read up from the first page of this part and you will see almost everything you need there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 1:41pm On Aug 12, 2019
jessyeve:
Thanks dear, looking for most convenient Jare, another of my yr can't waste waiting for Canada lol.
Haha I understand. It's gonna be alright.
I hope Canada comes through for you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 1:48pm On Aug 12, 2019
spaggyy:

good day ma'am, I am not a professional or expert in this, but permit me to suggest; why not think of other other packages such as visiting or vacation, since you have a good account record, you can just apply to go for a month vacation (of course they will give u more than a month visa.

Make the VO understand that u just want to take a break from work and to return in a month time, to attend to work and prepare for your last daughter wedding, which you intend to buy her gown in Canada

just my thought
A visiting visa doesn't give her residency & right to work there and she isn't intending to go for a vacation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 1:52pm On Aug 12, 2019
BTGbenga:

No holiday in Canada, so as a result IRCC isn't on holiday.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ulasiking: 1:53pm On Aug 12, 2019
thanks.
SOPWriter:

The theme of a SOP is geared towards the first time visa applicants. In this case, the applicant will more likely talk about how the advance studies is going to complement past academics and how it will brighten up the future career scope. In addition, various other topics will be addressed such as capability to finance your studies and living cost, why particular program, why Canada, why particular institution, etc.

The theme of a LOE is geared more towards the re-applicants (whose visa application was earlier rejected). In this case, the applicant will start first-half of the letter by explaining what went wrong in previous applications and on what ground it was rejected. It should also include the way you have been able to address the previous problem in your preceding application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by RAY12345(m): 1:54pm On Aug 12, 2019
jessyeve:
Thanks dear, looking for most convenient Jare, another of my yr can't waste waiting for Canada lol.
Also check Ireland and Germany too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Pachie(f): 1:58pm On Aug 12, 2019
BTGbenga:

I don't think they are on holiday because I got an update on my account this morning, and hopefully I will get another tomorrow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sterlingwaterlo: 2:08pm On Aug 12, 2019
Pachie:

I don't think they are on holiday because I got an update on my account this morning, and hopefully I will get another tomorrow
wow. Was it bvl or medical request?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by spaggyy(m): 2:15pm On Aug 12, 2019
Stevenssen:

A visiting visa doesn't give her residency & right to work there and she isn't intending to go for a vacation

okay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Pachie(f): 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2019
sterlingwaterlo:
wow. Was it bvl or medical request?

It was a correspondence letter (the 1st one), I'm hoping for the second one with the approval
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sterlingwaterlo: 2:39pm On Aug 12, 2019
Pachie:

It was a correspondence letter (the 1st one), I'm hoping for the second one with the approval
was ur medicals passed? Did u do upfront Medical or u were called?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Higihaga: 2:40pm On Aug 12, 2019
BTGbenga:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SmallerB: 2:40pm On Aug 12, 2019
Please how long does it take to get passport back after passport submission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Pachie(f): 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2019
sterlingwaterlo:
was ur medicals passed? Did u do upfront Medical or u were called?

Yes, I was called for the medical exams and yes, I passed it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 3:04pm On Aug 12, 2019
MsJu:
Personally I don't think there's yes or no to this question . Here we have seen ppl get approval with kid, get rejection with kids, get approval leaving kids behind and get rejection leaving kids behind.
Based on the experience I had yesterday if your kids are very young it's better you apply with them but your finace has to be strong.
Hi I will like you to help us explain more about applying with once kids if very young. Base on your experience, why do you say it's better?
I have a young kid oh!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by BTGbenga: 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2019
Wonderful. Meaning no holiday for them be that. But Kenya is more of a Muslim country. Anyway, maybe because of t
Pachie:

he student visa rush season.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sterlingwaterlo: 3:19pm On Aug 12, 2019
Pachie:

Yes, I was called for the medical exams and yes, I passed it
congratulations in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by amintacarrie: 3:23pm On Aug 12, 2019
Personally I don't think there's yes or no to this question . Here we have seen ppl get approval with kid, get rejection with kids, get approval leaving kids behind and get rejection leaving kids behind.
Based on the experience I had yesterday if your kids are very young it's better you apply with them but your finace has to be strong.

Ok maby thanks ,pls kindly share your experience so that we can learn from it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Pachie(f): 3:25pm On Aug 12, 2019
sterlingwaterlo:
congratulations in advance

Thank you, and yours will come very soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sterlingwaterlo: 3:31pm On Aug 12, 2019
Pachie:

Thank you, and yours will come very soon
Aamiin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 3:33pm On Aug 12, 2019
Abeg who be this guy? I've seen it all on this thread mehn.
Dude if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. Especially when you aren't answering a question

Bede2u:
ur elder sister in canada is telling u dont come to canada...wat are u asking us again? Who knows both u and canada better than her?

U are earning 500k in a sure job....wat do u think abroad is? A place where bad thing never happen? Where no one can die by mistake? Where money is picked on the road? Bruh

Let me ask u. Lets say dangote ran away to u.k like his mates were doing in the 70s instead of joining the hustle in lagos...do u think he would be better off now?

We all need to change how we view the world. Its not easy anywhere. Nigeria may not be great but many nigerians who traveled abroad became stranded and had to come back with nothing

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 3:42pm On Aug 12, 2019
This is the funniest thing I've read here cheesy
MsJu:
Hi everyone. Please if you're coming in and your previous study is not related to your current course I carry God beg you to reread your sop incase you meet the immigration guys on duty yesterday.
Until I left POE they were still asking one Indian guy to convince them on why he left his field to become a chef grin. You need to see how this guy was sweating, speaking all his grammar the immigration guy said he hasn't seen reasons why he should give him the study permit grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by DBlessedofGod: 3:58pm On Aug 12, 2019
To be honest your response was totally off, I have colleagues who were earning well over a million and still migrated to Canada and they are glad they did.
Firstly the poster mentioned she needed a new breath of air, if her sister is saying she shouldn't come it could be she is afraid of having to accommodate her or she is got some personal reasons.

You mentioned you stay abroad, abeg abroad different from abroad ooo so pls let's know where you are so that we can avoid it.

Happy hols cool

Bede2u:
u can get all that in nigeria...and unless the term 'stupid' has changed, i think my reply is in order. He or she wanted to know wat we think about his/her chances of making it. I simply told her to listen to her sis and not think canada is heaven. Wat in the world is 'stupid' about that...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by degxyflexy: 4:52pm On Aug 12, 2019
Why will someone give a reply like this? If you don't have something good to say why not keep quiet.
Bede2u:
ur elder sister in canada is telling u dont come to canada...wat are u asking us again? Who knows both u and canada better than her?

U are earning 500k in a sure job....wat do u think abroad is? A place where bad thing never happen? Where no one can die by mistake? Where money is picked on the road? Bruh

Let me ask u. Lets say dangote ran away to u.k like his mates were doing in the 70s instead of joining the hustle in lagos...do u think he would be better off now?

We all need to change how we view the world. Its not easy anywhere. Nigeria may not be great but many nigerians who traveled abroad became stranded and had to come back with nothing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Amakaashlley: 5:05pm On Aug 12, 2019
xprimate:

Dalhousie University, deadly line 31 is August for international student. That's what am currently applying for.

Hello
I got admission into Dalhousie university for master of internetworking against January 2020.
Lets connect
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bede2u(m): 5:35pm On Aug 12, 2019
DBlessedofGod:
To be honest your response was totally off, I have colleagues who were earning well over a million and still migrated to Canada and they are glad they did.
Firstly the poster mentioned she needed a new breath of air, if her sister is saying she shouldn't come it could be she is afraid of having to accommodate her or she is got some personal reasons.

You mentioned you stay abroad, abeg abroad different from abroad ooo so pls let's know where you are so that we can avoid it.

Happy hols cool

i think my mistake was not realising the level of desperation of people here to leave nigeria.
I know many succesful nigerians who left abroad and came back to nigeria and made it.
1. Roban stores ceo
2. Davido
3. Bank w
4 dangote
5 adenuga
6. Tboss
And a million more nigerian celebs and biz men.
My intention is to put something together in nigeria and come back asap. If u are doing well in nigeria, u can travel the world as u please.
I repeat my advice to that person...nobody knows u and canada better than ur sis...listen to her
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 5:51pm On Aug 12, 2019
Bede2u:
i think my mistake was not realising the level of desperation of people here to leave nigeria.
I know many succesful nigerians who left abroad and came back to nigeria and made it.
1. Roban stores ceo
2. Davido
3. Bank w
4 dangote
5 adenuga
6. Tboss
My intention is to put something together in nigeria and come back asap. If u are doing well in nigeria, u can travel the world as u please.
I repeat my advice to that person...nobody knows u and canada better than ur sis...listen to her
You really do not understand her question. She asked as regards student visa application. Don’t think it’s everyone that want to go there and have money like the people you mentioned above. It’s not only about money. If she decides to stay back after the studies is really not your concern. Just stick to the question she asked which is as regards visa application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Madupcy: 5:52pm On Aug 12, 2019
Bede2u:

No need for the negative energy, the fact that her sister is discouraging her(Flimsy reasons as far as I’m concerned) doesn’t mean she can’t get her visa at 43...

I know you want to sound patriotic and all but people also deserve to explore, start all over and eventually find happiness..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2019
They have explained to him over and over but he seems head strong. Abeg leave him to continue beating chest in ignorance.

Blema111:

You really do not understand her question. She asked as regards student visa application. Don’t think it’s everyone that want to go there and have money like the people you mentioned above. It’s not only about money. If she decides to stay back after the studies is really not your concern. Just stick to the question she asked which is as regards visa application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 6:04pm On Aug 12, 2019
I told you that you were silly and seem quite frustrated. You've not said what you do in your 'abroad' that's causing this your bitter attitude and frustration towards discouraging people unnecessarily. Return to Nigeria if you want to, nobody will judge you for being a Lorry driver in Dubai.
Bede2u:
1. Roban stores ceo
2. Davido
3. Bank w
4 dangote
5 adenuga
6. Tboss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.