Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,637 members, 7,827,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1028589 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 4:29pm On Aug 19, 2019
Please I did medicals after my application, am I to upload the slip or wait for the clinic to send the result? Which one?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hectorswag(m): 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2019
waynee2baba:
Lol I've given you the basics, it's time to get those information yourself, I can only guide you. - No one spoon feeds on this forum.
www.google.com - Do some research on your own.

Yours sincerely,
Lazy Nigerian Youth.

Lol I'm already doing my own research and you're not a Lazy Nigerian Youth, those links you provided went a really long way. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 4:45pm On Aug 19, 2019
gr8full2God:
Good day house.
Please I need advice.
I open a business name in support of my application it's over 2 month now the certificate is not out, so am thinking of using the approval mail from CAC which shows the RC number and the company name.
Is the business up and running? Or do you just need it to prove that you have a "Registered business" because ideally it is irrelevant if you don't have a company account, tax receipts etc. Simply scanning your CAC certificate doesn't really tell the story of your finances.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 4:48pm On Aug 19, 2019
Blema111:
Please I did medicals after my application, am I to upload the slip or wait for the clinic to send the result? Which one?
You can submit via webform or just wait for their instructions. Besides it's always better to wait.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kelss5020: 5:13pm On Aug 19, 2019
naijalodge:
Gurus in d house, I think this agent people are finally getting closer to me than I thought, I was actually planing on applying for a program in “Food safety and quality assurance” in Conestoga College for January 2020 session but unknowingly to me, they’ve closed application for that particular program, an Agent told me he could help me find same course in a different College whose application is still on but the issue is, I’ve promised never to have anything to do with this people cos of the negative reviews I’ve gathered from people who have had terrible encounter with them, now time is ticking really fast, I need any Good Samaritan here to help me suggest a reputable College offering similar course for January 2020, please I go recharge him phone....thanks in advance..

check Georgian College, they have food and Nutrition Management
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 5:15pm On Aug 19, 2019
JKilz:
Wow wow wow. I’m sure I’ve missed like 500 pages. Long time my people. How everyone de? This Canada can make somebody get lost in work and school. Sending my greetings home. If you have questions please reach out. Cheers
Thanks for checking on us!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kelss5020: 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2019
bukonlami:

Hi,i would like to know if you were asked to pay tuition deposit and if yes,how much was it.
Thanks

It should be stated on your conditional offer and deadline for payment

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2019
Ayodeji786:

Book appointment at IOM and have it done in time dear
Hnmmmmm, me I want to be on the saver side o, waiting for them to send the medical request
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 5:20pm On Aug 19, 2019
Blema111:
The clinic will do that on your behalf, although, it's not a taboo uploading via Webform.

Webform: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices.html
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 5:22pm On Aug 19, 2019
Someone should pls send me d we form to log my complain to cic
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cvv1477: 5:30pm On Aug 19, 2019
good day to you all, I graduated in February, the year 2015 from uniport with a CGPA of 3.43 from biochemistry department and I want to do my MSC in any of the health-related courses in canada: 1 MSC in Addiction and Mental Health 2 MSC in Public Health 3 MSC in healthcare management 4 MSC in biotechnology and renewable energy. the question now is which of the schools in canada offer health courses at graduate level and to int'l students. I've tried some schools, they said they can't accept me, reason being that my CGPA is low. pls help a brother with any schools that accept Nigerians without any stress! thanks and God bless!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by posemeke: 5:53pm On Aug 19, 2019
Gurus in the house I don't know why my enquiry cannot be assisted. Please gurus I need ur attention.

Please I am new here and i need ur guide. I'm a gradute with BSc holder in Accounting with 2.1 .

Currently I want to apply for Forensic Accounting in any high ranked university for my masters. I am 44 yrs and I just sent my transcript to WES and about to go for my IELTS.

I'll appreciate guidelines on how to proceed with applying for the program and also if my 2.1 is good enough to qualify me for admission.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cvv1477: 5:53pm On Aug 19, 2019
good day to you all, I graduated in February, the year 2015 from uniport with a CGPA of 3.43 from biochemistry department and I want to do my MSC in any of the health-related courses in canada: 1 MSC in Addiction and Mental Health 2 MSC in Public Health 3 MSC in healthcare management 4 MSC in biotechnology and renewable energy. the question now is which of the schools in canada offer health courses at graduate level and to int'l students. I've tried some schools, they said they can't accept me, reason being that my CGPA is low. pls help a brother with any schools that accept Nigerians without any stress! thanks and God bless! I will also be willing to do PG/certificate as option B if option A (MSC) doesn't materialise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sterlingwaterlo: 6:06pm On Aug 19, 2019
mzjokky16:

Hnmmmmm, me I want to be on the saver side o, waiting for them to send the medical request
i know a guy here that did upfront medical after his medicals was reading and it was passed. He didn't get a medical request so he decided to do the upfront. My own medical has been reading for 3 weeks plus now. I did upfront medicals before applying sha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 6:07pm On Aug 19, 2019
Start by doing basic research yourself. Check on Google for Canadian universities offering your intended course, look for their requirements and you'd also see what their application process entails. When you're done, come back and ask more specific questions - No one would spoon feed you.

posemeke:
Gurus in the house I don't know why my enquiry cannot be assisted. Please gurus I need ur attention.

Please I am new here and i need ur guide. I'm a gradute with BSc holder in Accounting with 2.1 .

Currently I want to apply for Forensic Accounting in any high ranked university for my masters. I am 44 yrs and I just sent my transcript to WES and about to go for my IELTS.

I'll appreciate guidelines on how to proceed with applying for the program and also if my 2.1 is good enough to qualify me for admission.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 6:10pm On Aug 19, 2019
You'd need at least a strong 2:1 to secure an MSc programme in most Canadian universities. I'd say go for PGD instead.
Start by visiting this link: https://www.hotcoursesabroad.com/india/find-your-course/how-to-choose-the-right-study-abroad-destinations/study-postgraduate-diploma-in-canada/

cvv1477:
good day to you all, I graduated in February, the year 2015 from uniport with a CGPA of 3.43 from biochemistry department and I want to do my MSC in any of the health-related courses in canada: 1 MSC in Addiction and Mental Health 2 MSC in Public Health 3 MSC in healthcare management 4 MSC in biotechnology and renewable energy. the question now is which of the schools in canada offer health courses at graduate level and to int'l students. I've tried some schools, they said they can't accept me, reason being that my CGPA is low. pls help a brother with any schools that accept Nigerians without any stress! thanks and God bless! I will also be willing to do PG/certificate as option B if option A (MSC) doesn't materialise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nicerichard05: 6:13pm On Aug 19, 2019
Nobleman61:
My friend just a got a BVL now
June 28
Paper route
Has it ever happened before, getting medical request after BVL?

what are the documents you presented
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olalemii: 6:14pm On Aug 19, 2019
Hello my people

Sooo I’m almost done gathering my docs, I’m submitting my application next month against Winter , i just finished writing my SOP and i kinda need a Second eye for review

Lastly, quick one for a friend, if ones sponsor has not been paying tax , plz what can be done to show proof of tax payment or better still can it be waived?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 6:17pm On Aug 19, 2019
sterlingwaterlo:
i know a guy here that did upfront medical after his medicals was reading and it was passed. He didn't get a medical request so he decided to do the upfront. My own medical has been reading for 3 weeks plus now. I did upfront medicals before applying sha
Have u sent a web form
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by BHA1234: 6:52pm On Aug 19, 2019
Ayoola03:
The person in the best position to request for tuition receipt is the VO. In most cases, they dont request for your tuition receipt at the POE, I have never seen any cases of such tho, they only ask you questions to make sure you know where you are going to and your purpose in canada. But anyone who had similar experience can drop their inputs.

You actually took a risk by not paying at all before submitting your app bro, you can always request for a refund when you get to canada and can easily switch course/school afterwards.

Thank you.

I just read your posts and I saw you got full scholarship. I also studied Civil Engineering. I have an admit from UOttawa (MASc) which is a super expensive school and no funding. I want to know how you went about getting a supervisor and full funding.

PS: I know it's been like 3 years for you, but I'd really appreciate any tips or advice .

Also, Can I send you a PM ?? I'd like to ask you some questions concerning Civil Engineering career over there and how to survive MASc (I hear sey no be beans, especially with my limited research experience)

Thanks Ma'am.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sterlingwaterlo: 7:26pm On Aug 19, 2019
mzjokky16:

Have u sent a web form
yeah i sent a webform before my medical started reading and i sent a message to them last two weeks but no changes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by holllowu: 7:29pm On Aug 19, 2019
Bro how is It going over there ?
Austacus:

BossMan!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nellykuch: 7:49pm On Aug 19, 2019
The date on that CAC certificate, will show clearly that you registered it for this purpose and also make it known that the coy ain't running. My personal opinion from a businessman and tax expert point of view.

Qudkom:

Is the business up and running? Or do you just need it to prove that you have a "Registered business" because ideally it is irrelevant if you don't have a company account, tax receipts etc. Simply scanning your CAC certificate doesn't really tell the story of your finances.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Daicon01: 7:57pm On Aug 19, 2019
Please guys, it is compulsory to leave the closing balance in ones SOA for a period of one or two months
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Saf1138: 8:31pm On Aug 19, 2019
Hello guys
Please is there any one who submitted their passport since the 2nd of August and hasn’t gotten it back.....i dont know what’s happening people have been getting theirs in 6 days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 8:42pm On Aug 19, 2019
Your passport may be ready for pickup, you can actually walk in to check. Similar thing happened to me
Saf1138:
Hello guys
Please is there any one who submitted their passport since the 2nd of August and hasn’t gotten it back.....i dont know what’s happening people have been getting theirs in 6 days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Uncle123: 8:50pm On Aug 19, 2019
ca12:
If you are waiting for your passport pickup, it’s possible that it is ready for collection but on the vfs website, it may still be showing Canada office. I experienced this and just wanted to let someone know should in case you are still waiting for your passport pickup. It took five days for mine to be uploaded on the vfs portal meanwhile it had been ready for collection in the five days.

Congrats bro, all the best in UofC

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Dhinmmar(f): 8:57pm On Aug 19, 2019
Dhinmmar:
I'm applying for PGD in Business Administration, I've a BSc in Biochemistry, graduated 2014 with 2.1. All my work experience is business based cos I've worked as Medical Sales Representative and as a General Secretary. I currently have my own personal business, I'm 26yrs and married with two kids(3&1+), planning to apply with them. No travel experience outside my home country. I intend to use my husband and dad as sponsor and co-sponsor. I've read from page 13,drafted my SOP, gotten Introduction letters and Reference letters too.
Advice is needed.
Qudkom I just read that you're in Thompson Rivers University, please what are my chances since I'm changing degree and I've no travel history. I'm applying for winter 2020, paid the acceptance fee already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by DBlessedofGod: 9:07pm On Aug 19, 2019
Thanks @Qudkom

Qudkom:

$550-625 utilities inclusive.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 9:21pm On Aug 19, 2019
sterlingwaterlo:
yeah i sent a webform before my medical started reading and i sent a message to them last two weeks but no changes

Pls send me the web form link
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 9:25pm On Aug 19, 2019
I think most of us still waiting for visa should start thinking of deferring our admission, even though u get ur medical this week or next, it will still take minimum of two weeks to get your approval and we definitely can’t make d deadline of sept 4 only if u want to resume late and to the best of my knowledge that will be a serious disadvantages on our part.
My view on this though

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SmallerB: 9:41pm On Aug 19, 2019
Hello, did you track it before going ?
ca12:
Your passport may be ready for pickup, you can actually walk in to check. Similar thing happened to me

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.