Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1021908 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:06am On Aug 20, 2019
Daicon01:
Please guys, it is compulsory to leave the closing balance in ones SOA for a period of one or two months

nicerichard05:

SOMEBODY SHOULD RESPOND TO THIS

It's not compulsory to maintain/keep the money you used for your application until your VISA has been approved. The visa officers at the Canadian embassies are well informed that Sponsor's who are business oriented do make use of their funds for business transcations and shouldn't be expected to tie down their funds on the basis that they are sponsoring an applicant to pursue an advanced education in Canada. That is the more reason they requested for a history of ongoing inflow and outflow for the duration of 4-6 months, in order to ascertain the Sponsor's financial capability of financing the applicant's stay in Canada and the possibility of funding the subsequent years of study. Therefore, the long and short of this story is that you can make use of the funds but endeavor to have some left in the account. These funds shouldn't be borrowed from any family member/friends as you might be cheating the system and end up in misrepresentation.

I hope this information provides clarity to your question.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Joshnerl: 11:20am On Aug 20, 2019
Hello house !!

Can anyone please help me with a university that doesn't require ielts for undergraduate Jan 2020 intake
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:24am On Aug 20, 2019
Joshnerl:
Hello house !!

Can anyone please help me with a university that doesn't require ielts for undergraduate Jan 2020 intake

1- The university of Winnipeg (Admission process takes 2-3 weeks)
2- University of Regina (Admission process takes 3-4 weeks).
3- University of Saskatchewan (Admission process takes a month)

The above shortlisted schools doesn't require an applicant to write an English proficiency test. So feel free to begin your application for admission.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 11:38am On Aug 20, 2019
My application is exactly 9weeks today, and my medical has been reading since last week and I am yet to receive a medical request.
Can I send a web form now or wait till tomorrow since I read on cic portal that we shouldn’t send a web form until after processing time has passed?.
Thank u for your prompt reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chichi93(f): 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2019
mzjokky16:
My application is exactly 9weeks today, and my medical has been reading since last week and I am yet to receive a medical request.
Can I send a web form now or wait till tomorrow since I read on cic portal that we shouldn’t send a web form until after processing time has passed?.
Thank u for your prompt reply
the processing time is 8 weeks, you can send the web form already. 8 weeks and 1 day sef is enough to send
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ohis30: 12:07pm On Aug 20, 2019
Fellow Aspirants,
The approval (study permit to McGill) news came in today by 10:52am...
To God be the glory...
I will share my experience much later

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Estar400: 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2019
Hello house

Please I would like you to advice me on the best way forward with regards my husband's application.

My husband got a full PhD. scholarship from WLU and he has put forward his online application. Please see the timeline below:

Submission Confirmation - May 6
Confirmation of online application - May 6
Biometrics Collection Letter - May 7
Biometrics Completion - May 9
Medical Report letter - June 19
Medical Result - July 12
Biometrics Correpondence Letter - July 22

He is to resume 1st week of September 2019 and up until now, he hasn't received any mail to submit his passport. Also, he is yet to resign from work since he hasn't gotten the study permit confirmation and he is required to give 1 month notice in lieu of resignation.

He sent a webform last week to make inquiry concerning his application but he is yet to get any response.

Please house what do you consider the best step going forward?

1. Should he wait until the visa comes out and then email the school that he will be coming in late since he got the visa late? (that would mean resuming October)

2. Should he just ask the school to defer his admission to the Winter term (January 2020)? Would that mean getting a new admission letter and sending it to the IRCC?

3. Or should he just wait and do nothing and let the application run its course.

Please your prompt advice will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 12:14pm On Aug 20, 2019
Grats bruv
ohis30:
Fellow Aspirants,
To God be the glory...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olalemii: 12:23pm On Aug 20, 2019
Hello gurus

Sooo I’m almost done gathering my docs, I’m submitting my application next month against Winter , i just finished writing my SOP and i kinda need a Second eye for review

Lastly, quick one for a friend, if ones sponsor has not been paying tax , plz what can be done to show proof of tax payment or better still can it be waived?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olalemii: 12:29pm On Aug 20, 2019
Qudkom:

You can submit via webform or just wait for their instructions. Besides it's always better to wait.

In essence are you saying for me to use a Company’s acct i must provide the tax receipt ?

I’m asking cuz a friend wants to use his brothers’s company acct but unfortunately they haven’t been paying tax? Plz Qudkom is there any way around this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:32pm On Aug 20, 2019
Owoch:
Is it possible to change from a university to college after getting to canada. I feel like going for a pgd in fanshawe college.
I've paid my full tuition and don't even know if it possible to get it back in full.

favoured2018:
Funny.
I want to change from fanshawe to university
I dont kno if its possible

Yes, its very possible. Your tuition fees might not necessarily come in full, though with just a small subraction depending on the nature of the transfer/the conditions surrounding the school's refund or transfer policy.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 12:35pm On Aug 20, 2019
olalemii:
Hello gurus

Sooo I’m almost done gathering my docs, I’m submitting my application next month against Winter , i just finished writing my SOP and i kinda need a Second eye for review

Lastly, quick one for a friend, if ones sponsor has not been paying tax , plz what can be done to show proof of tax payment or better still can it be waived?

Thanks
Proof of tax payment comes in form of a tax clearance certificate and it’s only when you have paid companies income tax that you would be given. So there’s nothing to show proof because he didn’t pay. For it to be waived, hmmmm.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:38pm On Aug 20, 2019
SmallerB:
Please has anyone experienced this issue where applications is showing approved and passport request but no letter of introduction?

Send an email regard the effect to Lagos (esp) and Nairobi.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sterlingwaterlo: 12:39pm On Aug 20, 2019
ohis30:
Fellow Aspirants,
To God be the glory...
Congratulations sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:45pm On Aug 20, 2019
pete26:
Hello house, please can anyone assist me in vetting my SOP, I'd really appreciate.

Qudkom, Justmellow, mcobex, Frankrobbn1

Hello Pete26,

If you're submitting any time soon, I might not be your guy. I do hope you get a positive response from others.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:50pm On Aug 20, 2019
mzjokky16:
Pls I need all the cic center web form, can someone paste this here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by afroxyz: 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

IELTS General for Post graduate admission - NO
IELTS General for Express Entry - YES

IELTS general is solely for immigration purposes and not for academics. More so, you don't require an english proficiency exam as a prerequisite prior to your acceptance into any of the Canada's DLI in view of the fact that Nigeria is an English speaking nation as well as during your undergraduate studies all instructions were carried out in English language.

well I'm applying to some US schools also so I may need IELTS because they clearly stated that if English is not your native language you are required to do an English test
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Madupcy: 1:05pm On Aug 20, 2019
ohis30:
Fellow Aspirants,
To God be the glory...

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 1:13pm On Aug 20, 2019
olalemii:
Hello gurus

Thanks

Hello Olalemii,

There are several other ways to prove the legitimacy of the coy other than the tax clearance. The major aim is to prove substantial evidence that reflects the coy's operations and financial dealings recognized by the government. Any other financial documents like the CAC, Purchase and Sales Receipt, Contract Papers, Any government Issued Doc. or Cert. et al.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olalemii: 1:22pm On Aug 20, 2019
JustMellow:

Hello Olalemii,

There are several other ways to prove the legitimacy of the coy other than the tax clearance. The major aim is to prove substantial evidence that reflects the coy's operations and financial dealings recognized by the government. Any other financial documents like the CAC, Purchase and Sales Receipt, Contract Papers, Any government Issued Doc. or Cert. et al.

Good luck!
He has a CAC certificate , i guess that will do

Thanks JustMellow!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olalemii: 1:27pm On Aug 20, 2019
Gurus in the House!

I need help reviewing my SOP, let’s give them a near perfect application!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Joshnerl: 1:32pm On Aug 20, 2019
Will this schools accept c4 in English
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 1:42pm On Aug 20, 2019
congrats
ohis30:
Fellow Aspirants,
To God be the glory...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 2:08pm On Aug 20, 2019
Can I send web form to more than one cic processing office
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olalemii: 2:10pm On Aug 20, 2019
mzjokky16:
Can I send web form to more than one cic processing office

Yh you can bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jetline: 2:15pm On Aug 20, 2019
ohis30:
Fellow Aspirants,
To God be the glory...

Felicitations dear
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Masterariyo(m): 2:20pm On Aug 20, 2019
Hello Guys,

Please, on the CIC online link, the question, do you want monthly update on your application...is it yes or now cos my account has remain the same since i linked it. Just background checking. Eligibility review has not started. June 13 paper applicant. Anyone experiencing same?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blije: 2:30pm On Aug 20, 2019
Masterariyo:
Hello Guys,

Please, on the CIC online link, the question, do you want monthly update on your application...is it yes or now cos my account has remain the same since i linked it. Just background checking. Eligibility review has not started. June 13 paper applicant. Anyone experiencing same?
It doesn’t matter and as for the eligibility that’s yet to begin, it’ll change once you get an update; be it medical request or bvl

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Masterariyo(m): 2:47pm On Aug 20, 2019
Blije:

It doesn’t matter and as for the eligibility that’s yet to begin, it’ll change once you get an update; be it medical request or bvl

Thank you. Understood
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 3:10pm On Aug 20, 2019
nawaoo for today
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sophiesteve: 3:10pm On Aug 20, 2019
odagogo:

Mine started on the 9th of August, application was submitted on the 23rd of July via the paper route.

Please did you link your account online and what program did you apply for. Thanks a bunch
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sophiesteve: 3:23pm On Aug 20, 2019
mzjokky16:
I pray that my medical request will drop soon o, my medical has been reading since yesterday without me doing upfront medical.
I hope my medical request drop soon

Please did you apply via paper route? If so, did you link your account online cos all I have been doing is using my tracking code to track online and all I keep seeing is your application is being processed by the Canadian visa office. Please enlighten me on how to link my account online in order to get real time updates . Thanks in anticipation

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.