Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022172 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:27pm On Sep 05, 2019
mumnadine:
wen someone travel as a student how long do u have to leave in Canada before u can apply for your children and husband pls?

You can apply for your spouse and kids to come over to Canada immediately you arrive Canada provided you or husband have adequate funds to cover their stay and property documents evidencing that your family is well-established in Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:33pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ayodeji786:

*APPROVAL story*

I don't know where to start from but let me share my profile below first

Date Submitted: June 14th
Biometric done; June 20
Review of eligibility: July 18th
Medical reading: August 26th
Upfront medical: August 26th
Medical passed: August 30th
BVL: September 4th
Passport request: September 5th

Congratulations to you @Ayodeji786. We hope to see more TRV approvals here soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olatycoon: 1:04pm On Sep 05, 2019
Pls house, how do I link my application online? I have created an account but can't find any button saying link your application. Pls help me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Alday: 1:23pm On Sep 05, 2019
Olatycoon:
Pls house, how do I link my application online? I have created an account but can't find any button saying link your application. Pls help me

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1223&top=3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Evabanks: 1:54pm On Sep 05, 2019
@Frankrobbn1 Hello Goodday, i sent you a pm. if you would please respond, it would be highly appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Charityokorie(f): 1:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
Please assist me based on your experiences so I know where to focus on �
Charityokorie:
Good morning guys, I've been a silent observer and I've been going through the thread from thread one and I've learnt a LOT and I'm planning to study in Canada in 2020/2021.
I'm very much in the beginning stages and I have the following schools on my mind (Fanshawe College(Project Management), Humber College (Project Management or Information Technology Solutions (Database Development & Enterprise Development) and University of Manitoba pre-masters/masters for Computer Science (I studied Mass Communication as my UG and have applied twice and refused an F1 visa for Information Technology with some background in tech(took some courses and working part-time in an IT company but I'm a full time Manager/Customer relations Officer ) and I would appreciate if the house assists me in weighing my options and focusing on just one when it comes to getting accepted and and working towards a TRV.
I'm open to corrective criticisms and suggestions.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Evabanks: 1:56pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ayodeji786:
Approval!!!
Congratulations!!! i am about starting mine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sleekysoft(m): 2:02pm On Sep 05, 2019
congrats sir, and to everyone who was a part of your journey

Ayodeji786:

*APPROVAL story*

Biometric done; June 20

But I sent them so many webforms before and immediately I got medical passed.

International passport biodata page
Digital Passport
Acceptance letter showing full funding from school.

All CIC forms

*Proof of Financial support*
Funding letter from school
Letter of sponsor by brother that is in USA.
Affidavit of Sponsor.
His USA passport/Evidence of legal citizen in the USA
Proof of Relationship through his certificate of birth as having same parents.
His Bank Account Statement
His Pay stubs with monthly salary of $35,000 ( He is the medical director in a USA government hospital)

*Client Information Section*
WAEC Certificate
Transcript of Academic records
BSc Certificate
Statement of Purpose
My mummy marriage certificate
My dad death certificate
Police report
Birth Certificate

I changed career because I studied Zoology in my undergraduate and now I'm going for MSc Boreal Ecosystems and Agricultural Sciences but I explained what spurred my passion for it and courses I took relevant to the area. I'm not employed as I'm currently still doing my NYSC and didnt submit any nysc stuff.

In term of family ties, I do not have any ties as all my siblings are in the USA and Canada as I'm just the only one left here, they are already citizens of those countries and I listed all of them in the family information without hiding anything. I only used my mom who wasn't even in Nigeria as ties and I said I ll be coming back home for my marriage and I talked about employment prospects as the ties too.

The most important thing is prayer and fasting and it was my mom that did all that. I give *God all the glory*. *He is a faithful God*. All thanks to my *father's in the Lord* who saw this vision coming through for me, Qudkom, Frankrobb, Justmellow,Blema111, sterlingwaterloo and to many others I can't mention.

*I'm wishing the rest still waiting for decision a favourable outcome IJN especially my sister from another mother Mzjokky16. I love you so much you're the best*
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olatycoon: 2:07pm On Sep 05, 2019
Alday:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1223&top=3

This is the only I can see after creating the account, I can't find a place that says link your application. Or am I doing the wrong thing.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 2:32pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ayodeji786:

*APPROVAL story*

Biometric done; June 20

Digital Passport

All CIC forms

Affidavit of Sponsor.
His Pay stubs with monthly salary of $35,000 ( He is the medical director in a USA government hospital)

WAEC Certificate
BSc Certificate
Statement of Purpose
My dad death certificate
Police report
Birth Certificate

I changed career because I studied Zoology in my undergraduate and now I'm going for MSc Boreal Ecosystems and Agricultural Sciences but I explained what spurred my passion for it and courses I took relevant to the area. I'm not employed as I'm currently still doing my NYSC and didnt submit any nysc stuff.

In term of family ties, I do not have any ties as all my siblings are in the USA and Canada as I'm just the only one left here, they are already citizens of those countries and I listed all of them in the family information without hiding anything. I only used my mom who wasn't even in Nigeria as ties and I said I ll be coming back home for my marriage and I talked about employment prospects as the ties too.

The most important thing is prayer and fasting and it was my mom that did all that. I give *God all the glory*. *He is a faithful God*. All thanks to my *father's in the Lord* who saw this vision coming through for me, Qudkom, Frankrobb, Justmellow,Blema111, sterlingwaterloo and to many others I can't mention.

*I'm wishing the rest still waiting for decision a favourable outcome IJN especially my sister from another mother Mzjokky16. I love you so much you're the best*
Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by emeify1: 2:46pm On Sep 05, 2019
Amazing profile. Congrats. What does 'medical reading' mean?
Ayodeji786:

*APPROVAL story*

Biometric done; June 20

Digital Passport

All CIC forms

Affidavit of Sponsor.

WAEC Certificate
BSc Certificate
Statement of Purpose
My dad death certificate
Police report
Birth Certificate

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by seamanic: 2:51pm On Sep 05, 2019
Olayemi360:
Landing in Grande Prairie, Alberta, Thursday! Anyone around the City??
How long did you wait for your passport after submission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mandyknows: 2:53pm On Sep 05, 2019
From the page you just sent, go through the following steps:
- Click on "continue" to move to the next page.
- Click on "I accept" to move to the next page.
- Enter your identity validation answer and click "continue" to move to the next page.
- Right under the "view submitted applications" tab, you will see "Did you apply on paper or don't see your online application in your account? Add (link) your application to your account to access it and check your status online". Click on the link and fill the required details.
Hope this helps.

Olatycoon:

This is the only I can see after creating the account, I can't find a place that says link your application. Or am I doing the wrong thing.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zisa: 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2019
Hello, please can anyone help me with any Canadian universities links that doesn't require all these online exams. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 3:04pm On Sep 05, 2019
Zisa:
Hello, please can anyone help me with any Canadian universities links that doesn't require all these online exams. Thanks

No fear... like 99% of Canadian Unis/Institutes do not require GRE OR TOEFL
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zisa: 3:07pm On Sep 05, 2019
waynee2baba:

No fear... like 99% of Canadian Unis/Institutes do not require GRE OR TOEFL

Do you mind recommending me links of where to find them, or any list of universities you know
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nneteb(f): 3:11pm On Sep 05, 2019
use this to check https://www.graduateshotline.com,
Zisa:

Do you mind recommending me links of where to find them, or any list of universities you know
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zisa: 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2019
nneteb:
use this to check https://www.graduateshotline.com,
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by xcaper(m): 4:10pm On Sep 05, 2019
Congratulations, more wins for us all
Ayodeji786:

*APPROVAL story*

Biometric done; June 20

Digital Passport

All CIC forms

Affidavit of Sponsor.

WAEC Certificate
BSc Certificate
Statement of Purpose
My dad death certificate
Police report
Birth Certificate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oyukuwife: 4:23pm On Sep 05, 2019
congratulations.
please when you were filling your study permit application form, in the part of tution, room, board and others, did you fill the tution fees for one year or for the duration of your masters.
Ayodeji786:

*APPROVAL story*

Biometric done; June 20

Digital Passport

All CIC forms

Affidavit of Sponsor.

WAEC Certificate
BSc Certificate
Statement of Purpose
My dad death certificate
Police report
Birth Certificate

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oyukuwife: 4:29pm On Sep 05, 2019
am applying for study permit with my son accompanying me is it a red flag. what do you think
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 4:30pm On Sep 05, 2019
oyukuwife:
congratulations.
please when you were filling your study permit application form, in the part of tution, room, board and others, did you fill the tution fees for one year or for the duration of your masters.

One year.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Concate(f): 4:33pm On Sep 05, 2019
makano:
Yea, its okay to have both Express Entry and Study permit application at the same time.. But the disadvantage to this is that ur Study permit application will most likely be refused cos the VOs will know about ur EE application. And when the VO knws a study permit applicant is also in the EE route, he or she will refuse the applicant cos for an applicant to have an EE application, it means the person isnt having any plan to return back to his home country... And we all know its a NO NO for study permit application.. Peace

Hi @makano,

You have been wonderful on this thread. I've been reading your responses to queries for some time now and they have been very insightful. However, your response on this enquiry is not totally correct.

Speaking from experience, I applied for my study permit when my EE profile was active and my permit was granted. In addition, my hubby also got his work permit approved at the same time.

I understand that Canada operate a Dual Intent Policy that allows you to apply for a study permit or tourist visa while you have an active EE profile. The policy allows them to take decisions independently.

My view though, gurus in the house can correct me if I'm wrong.

No hard feelings bro, cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 5:49pm On Sep 05, 2019
Mandyknows:
From the page you just sent, go through the following steps:
- Click on "continue" to move to the next page.
- Click on "I accept" to move to the next page.
- Enter your identity validation answer and click "continue" to move to the next page.
- Right under the "view submitted applications" tab, you will see "Did you apply on paper or don't see your online application in your account? Add (link) your application to your account to access it and check your status online". Click on the link and fill the required details.
Hope this helps.

100% Well done!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Whitehope001: 5:51pm On Sep 05, 2019
hello bro please i need your help on form filling so i wont make mistake... please help
Ayodeji786:

*APPROVAL story*

Biometric done; June 20

Digital Passport

All CIC forms

Affidavit of Sponsor.

WAEC Certificate
BSc Certificate
Statement of Purpose
My dad death certificate
Police report
Birth Certificate

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Whitehope001: 5:59pm On Sep 05, 2019
send it to me let me help you out, whitehope001@gmail.com
Zzzz1234:

Can you help review my sop please? Can you send me your email let me mail it to you, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Drpak: 6:22pm On Sep 05, 2019
You two are both right.

I have seen cases where a study permits were approved with an active EE profile. And I also have a friend that was initially refused because of his EE profile. Yes, Canada allows dual intent, but you guys need to understand that when it comes to canada immigration, no two cases are the same.

Concate:

Hi @makano,

You have been wonderful on this thread. I've been reading your responses to queries for some time now and they have been very insightful. However, your response on this enquiry is not totally correct.

Speaking from experience, I applied for my study permit when my EE profile was active and my permit was granted. In addition, my hubby also got his work permit approved at the same time.

I understand that Canada operate a Dual Intent Policy that allows you to apply for a study permit or tourist visa while you have an active EE profile. The policy allows them to take decisions independently.

My view though, gurus in the house can correct me if I'm wrong.

No hard feelings bro, cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 6:49pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ayodeji786:
Approval!!!
Congratulations man...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mekanta7(m): 7:07pm On Sep 05, 2019
Please house, how long does it take Thompson Rivers and Mohawk to process admission

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.