Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1026184 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:50pm On Sep 13, 2019
mumnadine:
the do that sometimes,it happened to my friend nothing to worry about if the money is still in the account.

The money doesn't necessarily has to be sitting there, as majority of business mind individuals will never leave huge funds for a certain long period. The history of the transactions are mostly key determinant for veriification process likewise the generating source of the BS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zzzz1234: 5:50pm On Sep 13, 2019
Thanks a lot. Sorry for the late response.

Please what are the cic forms for paper route?
I came across a post someone mention filling 4 cic forms, are they the forms below?

IMM5707E
IMM5832E
IMM5646
IMM1294

JustMellow:

Hello Zzzz1234,

There's no need providing too much information about your siblings, they're not the principal applicant. However, only their birth certificates will suffice. Any other information about them is best advised to be stated in writing words. Thus, its also not bad including other relevant documents of them, but like i said before, they're not the principal applicant just leave it simple.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:54pm On Sep 13, 2019
Omonoba1981:

Thanks. I also was able to chat with them today

[11:04, 9/13/2019] XXXX: Dear XXXX , Welcome to the Live chat support.
Please be informed that starting from November 4th, 2019, VFS Global will accept applications and collect biometrics at the Canada Visa Application Centres in Lagos and Abuja, Nigeria under a new set of requirements and services. For information on the VAC service changes for applications submitted on or after November 4th, 2019, please visit www.canada.ca/visa-application-centre.
For applications submitted on or before November 1st, 2019, the Canada Visa Application Centre will continue to provide services until January 31st, 2020. During this period, the VAC will remain open for applicants to collect their documents. The last date for the collection of documents will be January 31st, 2020.
The VAC will send all unclaimed documents to the IRCC Office on February 3rd, 2020. The IRCC Office will coordinate the return of documents for these applications.
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/nigeria
Dear XXXX ,Now you are chatting with Blessing Omachonu and your chat interaction ID is : 535284
XXXX: Hello
XXXX: XXXX: hi
XXXX: visitor visa
XXXX: He did his biometric long ago
XXXX: so for his application he applied online
XXXX: and didnt have to do any biometric
XXXX: hi
Blessing: so for this application he will be paying 13860
XXXX: can he pay this when he gets to the centre today
[11:07, 9/13/2019] XXXX: XXXX: hi
Blessing: so for this application he will be paying 13860
XXXX: can he pay this when he gets to the centre today
Blessing: yes please
Blessing: cash at the centre

I guess it was helpful right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zzzz1234: 5:55pm On Sep 13, 2019
Please can someone help with a sample affidavit of sponsorship ?

I’m confused between the affidavit of sponsorship and letter of sponsorship, I know the affidavit is the one to be stamped by a notary, but what will be the content ?

Feels like the two documents will basically be repeating themselves
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 6:15pm On Sep 13, 2019
At the court they usually have their own format of affidavit, you will just state the exact scope of the sponsorship and the time frame. The letter is a more detailed explanation of why the sponsorship.

Zzzz1234:

I’m confused between the affidavit of sponsorship and letter of sponsorship, I know the affidavit is the one to be stamped by a notary, but what will be the content ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olajigaolamide: 6:16pm On Sep 13, 2019
Please do you do X-ray during the medicals or just the physical test?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 6:22pm On Sep 13, 2019
pojupoju:
Hi everyone on this forum.
I have been following this thread since I found out about it barely 2 months ago.
I am here to share the goodness of the Lord God Almighty and to all those who keep this space active and educative.

I don't want to write a thesis here but feel I must share some information I think will help someone to be encouraged their application process.

I applied for my student permit in June 2019 and got my approval and visa by end of August 2019
To prepare for this, I read all of the part 15 and 16 thread on Canadian Student Visa on Nairaland up to the time I finally submitted my application. This was very helpful especially considering the list of documents that I had initially intended to submit.... that would have been woefully inadequate.
The forum taught me the following:

No two applications are the same.
Diligence in preparing your application is absolutely necessary or your reject awaits you.
Do your own research as well as cross check every information you pickup from this forum.
I got information about cheap student travel fares which I didn't know about

My profile goes like this.
I have 4 visa rejects that date back years ago.
2 from Canadian student permit application
2 from another European country
The above were declared in my application

Over the years I managed to improve my travel history by visiting the US and other European countries

Statistics provide information for decision making so I did some homework to realize the following about visa approvals.

Nigeria had 18% approval rate in 2018.
Applications to Colleges have 50% approval rates.
Applications to Universities have 80% approval rates
Applications to the highly industrialized provinces have 80-90% approval rates whereas applications to cheaper provinces like Saskachewan etc
Applications to study at PhD levels have higher approval rates followed by masters, Bachelors then Diploma respectively.

(i will provide my sources when required... don't know if its not permitted here to drop web links etc)

The above is very useful information to enable you navigate towards choices that improve your approval rate.

SOP I believe is one of the most important things in your application. Please take time to write your SOP and possibly have others look through it for you. I took close to 7 weeks to put together my SOP because I needed to deal with every uncertainty possible that could flaw my application. Some may be wondering why so long. I applied to begin school in Jan 2020 to give me enough time for any uncertainty.

I applied to do a Diploma in a course which is unrelated whatsoever to my previous study area.
From a country with low approval rate
I chose a Province with low approval rate
Also I am in the middle of my career so am a much older person compared to the typical prospective foreign student.

I fully paid my fees for the year as well as accommodation for the year
had more than 10,000 Canadian dollars in my bank account for my upkeep for the year

The rest was my total dependence on God to see me through. The Almighty demonstrated his love and mercy and all went well.
My little advice to prospective applicants is to start early, don't be in a rush as if someone is chasing you out of the country. If you don't have the right profile now, take time to develop that profile so that you don't leave any chances for a rejection.

Thanks and God help us all.

Hello Pojupoju,

The information shared is insightful, but to the bolded, i hold my personal view of disagreeing. I have come across lots of website publishing lots of informations about Canadian study visa analysis.

Do you know that low populated provinces has the highest PNP nominations and flexible PR eligibility requirements that higher populated provinces. For example, province like Manitoba requires at most 6months Canadian work experience to be qualified for a PR while province like Ontario is 1 yr.

In fact, its more advisable for prospect applicants to search for schools in low populated provinces if they can sustain with out working. This, whether B.sc., PGD/C., Diploma, Advance Diploma, Masters or Ph.D.; what really matters is showing progression in terms of career advancement or self-development.

N.B: this is just an added contribution, and congratulations on your SP.

Stay blessed!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olajigaolamide: 6:32pm On Sep 13, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 6:39pm On Sep 13, 2019
Zzzz1234:
Thanks a lot. Sorry for the late response.

Please what are the cic forms for paper route?
I came across a post someone mention filling 4 cic forms, are they the forms below?

IMM5707E
IMM5832E
IMM5646
IMM1294

The afore-listed are the right forms, but you can chose between the IMM 5707e form if you're married with a wife and children or the IMM 5645e form if your and single and have siblings, or you could just go with either one that suits your application/status most.

The Temporary Resident Visa IMM form is optional, not necessarily a most to submit it. The IMM forms to be submitted is 3.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 7:01pm On Sep 13, 2019
olajigaolamide:

X-ray is also part of the test.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 7:04pm On Sep 13, 2019
olajigaolamide:
Includes X-RAY
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olajigaolamide: 7:10pm On Sep 13, 2019
JustMellow:

X-ray is also part of the test.

Is it compulsory for everyone?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pojupoju: 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2019
[quote author=JustMellow post=82204560]

Hello Pojupoju,

The information shared is insightful, but to the bolded, i hold my personal view of disagreeing. I have come across lots of website publishing lots of informations about Canadian study visa analysis.

Do you know that low populated provinces has the highest PNP nominations and flexible PR eligibility requirements that higher populated provinces. For example, province like Manitoba requires at most 6months Canadian work experience to be qualified for a PR while province like Ontario is 1 yr.

In fact, its more advisable for prospect applicants to search for schools in low populated provinces if they can sustain with out working. This, whether B.sc., PGD/C., Diploma, Advance Diploma, Masters or Ph.D.; what really matters is showing progression in terms of career advancement or self-development.

N.B: this is just an added contribution, and congratulations on your SP.

Stay blessed!

I am aware of the information you have provided about quick qualification from TRV to PR in those areas you mentioned. Probably that may be part of the reason they reject more applicants going there probably from Africa especially knowing most students have probably no intention of returning home.
As to what you doubt and what I believe we are all entitled to our opinions and depending on your believe you are guided by the steps you choose to take. I am just providing information to people generally so they make informed decisions and not rush into the unknown and get disappointed while wasting their money.

My sources
https://studentimmigration.ca/canada-study-permit-refusals/
https://studentimmigration.ca/canada-rejects-most-african-students/

I am no authority on Canadian Immigration System - just contributing my quota to help give whatever information I think is relevant to help anyone interested.

Stay blessed bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zzzz1234: 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2019
Thanks a lot.

court ? I thought we are to use any notary ?

benque:
At the court they usually have their own format of affidavit, you will just state the exact scope of the sponsorship and the time frame. The letter is a more detailed explanation of why the sponsorship.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zzzz1234: 7:25pm On Sep 13, 2019
Thanks a lot.

Which is temporary resident visa please? Is it the IMM1294?

JustMellow:

The afore-listed are the right forms, but you can chose between the IMM 5707e form if you're married with a wife and children or the IMM 5645e form if your and single and have siblings, or you could just go with either one that suits your application/status most.

The Temporary Resident Visa IMM form is optional, not necessarily a most to submit it. The IMM forms to be submitted is 3.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by justwise(m): 7:28pm On Sep 13, 2019
makano:
Its nt about the money, embassy has no right to know how much an applicant have.. What they do is to know the authenticity of the Bank account and also to know transactions that they see on the submitted SOA if it tallies with the response of the bank, so its nt about if the moneyis still there or not.. I can be corrected on this by those with experience tho.. Peace

You are wrong.
Embassy has no right to know how much an applicant have? Did you not submit your bank statement and sign a disclaimer authorizing them to verify your document?

Yes its about whether the money is still there and whether the account is genuine.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by justwise(m): 7:35pm On Sep 13, 2019
JustMellow:

The money doesn't necessarily has to be sitting there, as majority of business mind individuals will never leave huge funds for a certain long period. The history of the transactions are mostly key determinant for veriification process likewise the generating source of the BS.

This is misleading and we should make an effort not to give wrong info.

If you applied for visa and submit bank statement containing money that met the financial requirement then that money is expected to be there, if you moved it out and use it for any other purpose then you have misrepresented your situation.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sashaa(f): 8:56pm On Sep 13, 2019
mcobex:
Okay, DM your profile
Ok...i appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 9:35pm On Sep 13, 2019
Oga Justwise, the bankers on this forum can testify to the fact that Banks do not disclose account balance of their customers to a 3rd party, and embassy is a 3rd party.. What the embassy does is to pick a transaction day or days and contact the banks to know what actually happened dt day as regards the applicant's SOA with them if it tallies with what the banks tell them, but for the bank to disclose closing balance to them, I doubt it. The only organizations that such information can be disclosed to are the EFCC, ICPC e.t.c and not embassy.. Please bankers in the house I want ur input on this cos I no b banker.. Does ur bank tell the embassy the account amount of ur customers to 3rd party including the Canadian embassy? Ur response will be appreciate by Myself, Justwise and also this family... Peace
justwise:

You are wrong.
Embassy has no right to know how much an applicant have? Did you not submit your bank statement and sign a disclaimer authorizing them to verify your document?

Yes its about whether the money is still there and whether the account is genuine.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 9:37pm On Sep 13, 2019
From like a month to a year... Peace
Funmibiyi96:
Hello house,

I have a question, please how soon would one get a response if the application is to be rejected?
Hopefully, there would be no rejection, but still...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 9:42pm On Sep 13, 2019
Affidavit of sponsorship is done in a court and stamped by either the court officials or notary, while leter of sponsorship is written by ur sponsor probably with his letter headed if he has a company, so it can look Official.. Peace
Zzzz1234:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 9:43pm On Sep 13, 2019
X-ray is very vital in doing medicals, urine test, blood test, eye e.t.c.. Peace
olajigaolamide:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by justwise(m): 10:00pm On Sep 13, 2019
makano:
Oga Justwise, the bankers on this forum can testify to the fact that Banks do not disclose account balance of their customers to a 3rd party, and embassy is a 3rd party.. What the embassy does is to pick a transaction day or days and contact the banks to know what actually happened dt day as regards the applicant's SOA with them if it tallies with what the banks tell them, but for the bank to disclose closing balance to them, I doubt it. The only organizations that such information can be disclosed to are the EFCC, ICPC e.t.c and not embassy.. Please bankers in the house I want ur input on this cos I no b banker.. Does ur bank tell the embassy the account amount of ur customers to 3rd party including the Canadian embassy? Ur response will be appreciate by Myself, Justwise and also this family... Peace

Which bank balance are you talking about? The same one you willingly submitted to the embassy and sign a disclaimer?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mfondara: 10:47pm On Sep 13, 2019
JustMellow:

Hello Mfondara,

The second refusal reason can as well come from the side of your sponsor (if you used one) and can also be intertwined with the first reason on how well you demonstrated your level of establishment in your home country. Try to request for your notes to see if there was any additional reasons.

Good luck!

Thank you. I have ordered for it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gsk4reality: 11:02pm On Sep 13, 2019
JustMellow:

Hello Gsk4reality,

The choice program is okay but only you know best if project management relates with your previous studies. Have you tried searching for more courses in related fields? You can also use google to broaden your search for courses.

Good luck!

.Thanks ...really appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 11:38pm On Sep 13, 2019
olajigaolamide:

Is it compulsory for everyone?
Can you go straight and ask your questions? And yes, it us compulsory (except if you are pregnant...... I think)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:52pm On Sep 13, 2019
Martinomi:
Approval story

Timeline:

Date Submitted: 14th June Paper application
Biometrics done: 14th June
Medical request: 14th August
Medicals done: 22nd August at IOM lagos
IOM sent me the delivery message on 30th August
BVL: 3rd September
Approval(Letter of Introduction): 7th September
VFS pickup mail: 9th September

I was unable to link it so I left the application like that not knowing what's up with it.
The days between 3rd and 7th September looked like the longest days of waiting in my life. CIC no go give us high BP.. grin

Docs submitted:
International passport biodata page
Digital Passport
Offer letter from school.(Bishop university- MSc Computer science)
CAQ

All CIC forms

Letter of sponsorship by mum
Affidavit of Sponsor.
Mum's passport datapage
Her Bank statement (14m balance)

Client Information Section
WAEC Certificate
Transcript of Academic records
BSc Certificate
Statement of Purpose
Birth Certificate
My residential permit copies while I was studying n living in Ukraine
My UK visa pages along with my entries and exits into the country
My other entry and exit into ivory coast was included too.
I wasn't employed as I was still doing my NYSC and didnt submit any nysc stuff.

In term of family ties, I included my mum and my sister who is a doctor here in Nigeria. I also included my other sister in Ukraine still studying medicine.
Finally backed it all up with prayers and fasting.

Special thanks to the bosses Frankrobben, Ayodeji786,Mzjokky16 and Nobleman

Honestly I started reading through the thread after applying and I almost lost hope on my application as i was seeing well pacakaged applications getting refusals. I can never forget June to September as they were my most spiritual months..

I'm wishing the rest still waiting for decision a favourable outcome IJN.

Congratulations, I'm glad to be in the context of your TRV crowning achievement. All the best in your academic pursuit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:58pm On Sep 13, 2019
mzjokky16:
Approval Timeline: Approval at exactly 12 weeks of Application

Date Submitted: 18th June Paper application (1st Application)
Biometrics done: 18th June
Medical reading from : August 13th
Medical request: 28th August
Medicals done: 29th August at IOM lagos
Medical passed: 5th September
BVL: 5th September
VFS pickup mail: 10th September, then i checked my account and it has been approved
Approval : 10th September
Letter of Introduction : September 11th but has September 10th date

Documents submitted:
All CIC forms
International passport biodata page
Digital Passport
Admission letter MA Linguistics (Memorial University)
Funding Letter from school which fully covers tuitions
Statement of Purpose
Waec result 2009 (no English and Maths)
Neco result (2013)
NCE Music/Yoruba language Result (2013)
B.A Linguistics Degree Result (2018)
Nysc certificate (2019)
Mandarin language level 1 certificate (2019)
Nysc PPA letter
My birth certificate
6 Siblings Birth certificates
Letter of sponsorship by dad
His Bank statement (35m balance)

i used my Parent and six siblings as my home ties

above all, Prayer prayer prayer, infact i turned to spiricoco, this whole 12 weeeks almost gave me heart attack expecially when my medical started reading and even though i later received medical request after sending web forms and email, from that sep 5th that my medical was passed and bvl dropped, i coundnt sleep well at night, infact i went to buy a sleeping tablet a day before my approval and the anxiety all over me got me very sick after my approval.
i am specially grateful to AYODEJI786 my son grin, he was there for me through out this trial time, even though he was also expecting his approval and after he got his, he was keeping up with me from morning till night even in the midnight cos i coundnt sleep, Bp all over. you know i love you baby.

A special thanks to Blema111, Martinomi and to everyone here that i cant remember their handle, you guys really gave me hope.

I remember seeing tight applications here on nairaland and i started shivering, it was just Gods grace, i moved away from sins that i know off and i fasted and pray like its my last chance in life.
Frankrobbin, sopwritter, justmellow and the key personnel on this thread, may God continue to increase u in every way, I keep wondering how you never get tired of replying and helping us without getting paid, may God be merciful to you guys in every area of your life. Amen

To everyone still hopeful and waiting on God for approval, you will live to give a beautiful testimony by Gods grace. Amen

A big CONGRATULATIONS to you on your successful study permit application. Thanks for the recognition and elite wishes. I wish you the very best in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tajmal: 12:01am On Sep 14, 2019
Vesment:

Hi Vesment,

Could you share more light as to how you got admission with Sheffield Hallam university in the UK?

Did you pay an application fee to the school or you paid to their representatives in Nigeria?

Was your admission documents sent to the school through courier or was scanned and sent via email?

Additionally, did you pay any amount to get the automatic scholarship (£3k) for Nigerian student?

I understand this is not the UK tier 4 visa thread and I'm only asking because Vesment once got admission there. This Canada refusals don tire me abeg!

as far as you work hard in uk, you must get PR.
6 of my paternal cousins are there though. thats why i decided to port to canada a far away place. uk is a good place as they said.
canada will loose students.
they dont even have much courses sef. uk offers any course in masters you want to do. i hope very soon they will add Msc in Native doctor.
they have many schools and their admission response time is within 2 weeks.
when i applied to sheffield hallam, i got admission in 1 week with 3000 pounds scholarship and even other nigerian students there will be hitting you up.
you cant compare uk to canada based on education.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tajmal: 12:04am On Sep 14, 2019
Vesment:

Hi Vesment,

Could you share more light as to how you got admission with Sheffield Hallam university in the UK?

Did you pay an application fee to the school or you paid to their representatives in Nigeria?

Was your admission documents sent to the school through courier or was scanned and sent via email?

Additionally, did you pay any amount to get the automatic scholarship (£3k) for Nigerian student?

I understand this is not the UK tier 4 visa thread and I'm only asking because Vesment once got admission there. This Canada refusals don tire me abeg!

Vesment:

as far as you work hard in uk, you must get PR.
6 of my paternal cousins are there though. thats why i decided to port to canada a far away place. uk is a good place as they said.
canada will loose students.
they dont even have much courses sef. uk offers any course in masters you want to do. i hope very soon they will add Msc in Native doctor.
they have many schools and their admission response time is within 2 weeks.
when i applied to sheffield hallam, i got admission in 1 week with 3000 pounds scholarship and even other nigerian students there will be hitting you up.
you cant compare uk to canada based on education.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ndubuisi1213(m): 12:07am On Sep 14, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

You can use him as your uncle and get adequate documents to support your claims. These documents includes - birth certificates, family tree, proof of history/ongoing financial support from him, payment of the fees and transfer of living expenses into a domiciliary Account in your name.

Okay bro, but will he still provide other sponsorship documents like employment letter of sponsor, 6 months Pay-slip, work Id, 6 months bank statement of the sponsor with adequate funds and a reference letter attached to it by the bank (bank letter head, signed and stamped).
- Any asset of the sponsor like land, etc.

Or

with only those claims there won't be need for any other documentation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.