Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1020524 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NothingDoMe: 12:19pm On Sep 14, 2019
JustMellow:

I have had the opportunity to engage in this same conversation with few bankers and bank managers, irrespective of the sign disclaimer, verifying the sitting balance is somewhat rare.

Also, different banks with different policy of compliance of sharing certain info.

One thing i know for such is that a BS verification process isn't necessarily manadated to be the sitting closing balance. The transactional histories and the generating source is majorly the focus.

This is an observation i have personal observed with quite a number of applicants, but still i won't be so certain because i am only speaking from my own angle of closed observations.
I have a friend who applied for express entry. After ITA scaling through other checks and waiting for PPR, he liquidated his fixed investment and transfered the funds to the USA for onward movement to Canada.

CIC sent him additional document request. They requested for new proof of funds as they could no longer find the money. He then sent new statements and he got PPR.

There's a way embassies can code their request that won't violate the disclosure to third party policy. I also believe you waived that right to privacy as regards your bank balance when you applied for the visa and stated that you have a certain amount of money for your trip.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mumnadine: 12:38pm On Sep 14, 2019
JustMellow:

I have had the opportunity to engage in this same conversation with few bankers and bank managers, irrespective of the sign disclaimer, verifying the sitting balance is somewhat rare.

Also, different banks with different policy of compliance of sharing certain info.

One thing i know for such is that a BS verification process isn't necessarily manadated to be the sitting closing balance. The transactional histories and the generating source is majorly the focus.

This is an observation i have personal observed with quite a number of applicants, but still i won't be so certain because i am only speaking from my own angle of closed observations.
my friends own the specifically asked for the balance,why he even knew was because he works dre and thank God the money was intact.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zzzz1234: 2:08pm On Sep 14, 2019
Thanks
JustMellow:

No. The IMM 1294e form is the "Application made outside of Canada. You can find any IMM form with the append link below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tipsycares1(m): 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2019
Good day house,
I've been a silent reader, my first application was denied because of purpose of visit, current employment status and family ties. I used an agent to apply but I'm ready to repackage and apply myself. Please I would need everybody to assist me in anyway they can. Thanks

Document submitted :
LOA - George's brown college ,Advanced diploma in Business administration - Marketing
Tuition Receipt : $8864CAD
Bank Statement
Nysc Certificate
Sop
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oyinlove15: 7:20pm On Sep 14, 2019
Hi, Please i will like to know if i can use my sponsor stanbic ibtc money market fund account that generates interest for my soa the issue here is that she has only witdrawn 10 times since january 2017 up until yesterday and the total soa is just 4 pages.
Please i will appreciate a quick response and someonne who has used that type of account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 7:46pm On Sep 14, 2019
oyinlove15:
Hi, Please i will like to know if i can use my sponsor stanbic ibtc money market fund account that generates interest for my soa the issue here is that she has only witdrawn 10 times since january 2017 up until yesterday and the total soa is just 4 pages.
Please i will appreciate a quick response and someonne who has used that type of account.
What's your relationship with the sponsor?
As the sponsor assisted before in the past?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oyinlove15: 7:54pm On Sep 14, 2019
What's your relationship with the sponsor? shes my mother
As the sponsor assisted before in the past? yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oyinlove15: 7:56pm On Sep 14, 2019
mother, yes she has helped before in the past
Qudkom:

What's your relationship with the sponsor?
As the sponsor assisted before in the past?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by TheEfe: 8:19pm On Sep 14, 2019
Good evening
My first time posting.
Please I was refused my application based on this reasons
1. Family ties in Canada and in my home country
2. Purpose of visit
3. Employment situation.
My sponsor is my distant uncle who has a company my dad manages not my dad. Could that be a reason? Or is it because my dad’s surname is different from mine ?
And would it be advisable for me to defer my admission for January 2020??
Please I need a reply thank you very much any advise would be appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kuchinma: 9:10pm On Sep 14, 2019
chisongozi:

Pls check your mail.
Hello fam, i also got refused sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kuchinma: 9:15pm On Sep 14, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Boss, your sponsor needs to provide adequate documentation to his source of wealth like employment letter, payslips, bank statements etc..(that's if he is gainfully employed). If he is an entrepreneur - he should provide his business registration certificate etc..

Frank please let me have your email ID
Kuchywealth@gmail.com...frank pls reply me with that email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 9:17pm On Sep 14, 2019
I am just seeing ur post, and I am highly disappointing with what u wrote here.. Its people like you that make Study permit so difficult for Nigeria applicants to get.. Thats why we see almost every refusal here always come with Purpose of Visit because the VO thinks the affected people are like bazzyblings that wanna japa to canada to do some other things rather than study... Imagine ur question, is it compulsory to study? are u for real? When u know you are not going there to study, y apply for a study permit, whats wrong with you going though the express entry route? Thank ur stars that I am in a good mood this night, if not I would have been so mean on u this night.. Study permit is so difficult for genuine students that wanna go to Canada to study just because of desperators like you.. Be warned, do not repeat this kinda question here again, I might not be dis nice next time... Peace
bazzyblings:
Please I would love to know , if I apply for canada study permit ,, when I get to Canada , is it compulsory that I have to study ?? Because me wan go work there o ... I just need a way In

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pojupoju: 9:27pm On Sep 14, 2019
Hello Pojupoju,

I get your point, but we both aired our respective opinions which might be either based on theories or practical observations, or both. That's why in my previous quote to your post, i made mentioned in my piece that it was based on my "personal view" which is more of practical observation based than theories.

Another thing to note that the statistics or analysis on the published website posted as evidence was created by someone and the content of the site is also based on the moderator's personal observations and research. Anybody with similar aim can actually published any content based on personal views or reviews.

I recognize the fact that you are helping a lot of people with the shared information and i admire and respect you for that. I believe you did more good without any intent of harm.

We are both just trying to provide and filter certain information.

I respect you bro!

That is the spirit bro. United we stand divided we fall.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by justwise(m): 10:02pm On Sep 14, 2019
JustMellow:

Oh now its rare and not the usual..bank has no right to disclose closing balance to a 3rd party?

Imagine submitting bank statement with 20M naira balance and the embassy wants to verify that bank statement..you really think that they will not check to know if that 20M is truly available?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by aivewobhor: 10:12pm On Sep 14, 2019
Please house, how can I get the cbn rate for dollar via Form A. Am in Lagos. Can some1 please tell me the bank location I can get the CBN rate for form A
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by aivewobhor: 10:16pm On Sep 14, 2019
Please house, how can I get the cbn rate for dollar via Form A. Am in Lagos. Can some1 please tell me the bank location I can get the CBN rate for form A . The once I visited are given me at the rate of 358naira to a dollar. It’s too expensive for me. Please help a brother with any location of a bank that can offer me the cbn rate for school fee payment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 14, 2019
Oga there are bankers here. First bank will never disclose your closing balance with 3re party be it embassy.. Never!! What they do is verify the documents and authenticate it. That's how far first bank will go.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by DBlessedofGod: 12:48am On Sep 15, 2019
Pls when did you apply?

Kuchinma:

Hello fam, i also got refused sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bosslady126: 1:15am On Sep 15, 2019
ohizzy:

Thanks boss. My school of interest happens to be Algonquin and I plan to apply for a 2years Diploma course in Computer Systems Technician. Am in need of a little guidance on how this school application works. Also if I can use my B.sc certificate to apply or it has to be my O'level plus if IELTS is a criteria. Thanks

Hello bro, we are here for thesame thing,, that's the school I also want to apply for.. so what's your progress so far?
Can I have your WhatsApp number or email?...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by holllowu: 7:49am On Sep 15, 2019
Algonquin doesn't require students frm Nigeria to write ielts
ohizzy:

Thanks boss. My school of interest happens to be Algonquin and I plan to apply for a 2years Diploma course in Computer Systems Technician. Am in need of a little guidance on how this school application works. Also if I can use my B.sc certificate to apply or it has to be my O'level plus if IELTS is a criteria. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bayosegun(m): 11:51am On Sep 15, 2019
Hello house, please who's in Thompson river university or prospective candidate.
I want to know how flexible their admission for MSC is
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:14pm On Sep 15, 2019
justwise:

Oh now its rare and not the usual..bank has no right to disclose closing balance to a 3rd party?

Imagine submitting bank statement with 20M naira balance and the embassy wants to verify that bank statement..you really think that they will not check to know if that 20M is truly available?

The verification means is not static to a given process, it can also occur by a random process. By discretion, the embassy can push further for such verification but that doesn't mean its a common practice.

I believe we can agree to disagree.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:18pm On Sep 15, 2019
Fabelurin1988:
Oga there are bankers here. First bank will never disclose your closing balance with 3re party be it embassy.. Never!! What they do is verify the documents and authenticate it. That's how far first bank will go.

Part of my observations also came from this bank. Thanks for the input.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nneteb(f): 12:20pm On Sep 15, 2019
Got admitted for Jan 2020 and by the grace of God I will be there by December 30 2019
bayosegun:
Hello house, please who's in Thompson river university or prospective candidate.
I want to know how flexible their admission for MSC is
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:31pm On Sep 15, 2019
NothingDoMe:
I have a friend who applied for express entry. After ITA scaling through other checks and waiting for PPR, he liquidated his fixed investment and transfered the funds to the USA for onward movement to Canada.

CIC sent him additional document request. They requested for new proof of funds as they could no longer find the money. He then sent new statements and he got PPR.

There's a way embassies can code their request that won't violate the disclosure to third party policy. I also believe you waived that right to privacy as regards your bank balance when you applied for the visa and stated that you have a certain amount of money for your trip.

mumnadine:
my friends own the specifically asked for the balance,why he even knew was because he works dre and thank God the money was intact.

In my initial post regarding this subject, that's why i said: ..don't necessarily... in stating my assertion, which means that they might or probably or sometimes verify the sitting balance, but its not "always" the case as thought.

I am not a banker nor a VO, I only gave my opinion based on what i have observed, likewise someone else might also have contrary observations.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:35pm On Sep 15, 2019
aivewobhor:
Please house, how can I get the cbn rate for dollar via Form A. Am in Lagos. Can some1 please tell me the bank location I can get the CBN rate for form A . The once I visited are given me at the rate of 358naira to a dollar. It’s too expensive for me. Please help a brother with any location of a bank that can offer me the cbn rate for school fee payment

Your bank can help you buy dollar from CBN at a cheap rate when using form A. You can as well want to try Diamond bank (Access-Diamond).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:59pm On Sep 15, 2019
tipsycares1:
Good day house,
I've been a silent reader, my first application was denied because of purpose of visit, current employment status and family ties. I used an agent to apply but I'm ready to repackage and apply myself. Please I would need everybody to assist me in anyway they can. Thanks

Document submitted :
LOA - George's brown college ,Advanced diploma in Business administration - Marketing
Tuition Receipt : $8864CAD
Bank Statement
Nysc Certificate
Sop

Hello Tipsycares1,

Is this all the documents you submitted? What was your previous course of studies and your highest acadmic qualification?

Also try to request for your gcms notes

BTW did you send your transcript to WES or was sent directly to the GBC in sealed envelope?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bayosegun(m): 2:14pm On Sep 15, 2019
nneteb:
Got admitted for Jan 2020 and by the grace of God I will be there by December 30 2019

Please @nneteb kindly help with ur number via my account. abayomi_orungbemiATuniportDOTeduDOTng
I need an urgent clarification. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Freshprince777: 2:57pm On Sep 15, 2019
DBlessedofGod:
Pls when did you apply?

Any news on your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by george009: 3:06pm On Sep 15, 2019
Please Gurus in the house, can someone help me out with this;

I'm sponsoring myself with USD20,000 from my account and a support of 10,000USD from my father while my dad has paid the first term fees,,

Do I need to draft a letter of sponsorship for myself?

Its really confusing to me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 15, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I am in the process of applying for a study permit online and I need your help clarifying a few things.

First off, in addition to filling the family information form, is it required to include your family's birth certificates and IDs in your application?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bertram87: 3:37pm On Sep 15, 2019
george009:
Please Gurus in the house, can someone help me out with this;

I'm sponsoring myself with USD20,000 from my account and a support of 10,000USD from my father while my dad has paid the first term fees,,

Do I need to draft a letter of sponsorship for myself?

Its really confusing to me.

Hello George009,

I am not a guru, but based on your question and from my point of view, you don’t need to draft a separate sponsorship letter for yourself. Just improvise with your SOP/LOE, explain in details how you have planned to fund yourself and also your dad’s co-sponsorship, mention he has paid for your first term tuition fee, with evidence. He should also talk about it in his letter of co-sponsorship.

And importantly explain briefly and show some proofs for how you got the money in your account. I hope you understand now? I am sure the gurus will shed more light.

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.