Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1026370 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tosindavies00: 1:49pm On Sep 20, 2019
Thanks sir. I still got failure notice after I did that. The correct email is ldn@international.gc.ca. I browsed further and got that. I mailed it and received receipt acknowledgement response. THANK YOU. author=makano post=82403728]Those are the correct email addresses.. Remove the ga and put ca Peace[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 1:50pm On Sep 20, 2019
As u can see as attached.. I got an acknowledgement from London back in June with the same email I dropped for you earlier, So I dnt still understand why u are still getting failure notice... What u put down here isnt it except they have changed their official email address.. Peace.
tosindavies00:
Thanks sir. I still got failure notice after I did that. The correct email is ldn@international.gc.ca. I browsed further and got that. I mailed it and received receipt acknowledgement response. THANK YOU.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AmadeusCho: 2:16pm On Sep 20, 2019
Yes he pays me. Documents to back it up would be an employment letter? If yes I can get that.
Please do you have a sample of study leave letter?
SOPWriter:

Does he pay you salary? Do you have a legal document to back this up?
If yes, then you can proceed to get an employment reference letter, including a study leave letter, stating your position will be preserved.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Joshnerl: 2:17pm On Sep 20, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

During your Visa application process.
Please sir can we have a one on one conversation on phone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkings: 2:20pm On Sep 20, 2019
AmadeusCho:
Yes he pays me. Documents to back it up would be an employment letter? If yes I can get that.
How do I order gcms
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dekere: 2:51pm On Sep 20, 2019
Vo will look at Family man with sponsorship without saving.
How long have you been working? that you did not make savings to further your education. i.e pure lack of economic tie.
Sponsor: Should be change financial support with employment verification letter.

My one kobo views.

Sakasakas:
Reasons for refusal is exactly as @phatkings

Well in a way, I strongly have a feeling they barely attended to my application and a decision was made ahead regardless of what I presented. That's scandalous but one is powerless and that is quite discouraging to attempt making another application.
My package include the ffg:

EDUCATIONAL Docs
Full Transcripts (I have 2:1, Computer Sc, going for Information Security (Masters))
BSc certificate
NYSC
O Level

Family Docs
( I am married with 2 kids, oldest is 2, youngest is not yet one) They are not accompanying me.
My marriage certificate
My wife birth certificate
My daughter birth certificate
My son birth certificate

Office Docs
My salary is not huge (normal civil service package) but in a very stable career. Good career progression professionally too (I work in the ICT Dept) and I am given full study leave with pay of all entitlements (salary and other little allowances) while I am studying.

Letter of Introduction from my agency Director General Office
Letter of Study Leave WITH PAY
Letter of Promotion
Appointment Letter
Admission Consent Approval Letter (mandatory to inform my agency you want to further your education and approval be given)
Confirmation of Appointment
3months payslips
Previous job appointment letter
Etc

Sponsor
Sponsor is my brother (Citizen of a top European country)
His birth certificate to show we share parents
His letter of commitment (he sponsored me thru the uni.)
His bank statement of accounts
His Treasury bills details rolling over monthly (over 20million NGN)
His 5 months payslip
His statement of account where he lives

Canada Docs
Letter of admission
Letter of Acceptance
Receipt of Part payment of school fees (acceptance fee)

Other mandatory Documents and some other ones too.
What else could I have done differently?
My SOP was decent.
My resumption is January for the Masters program.

Sorry for the typos, mostly on nairaland hurriedly. Typing in way to work now. I appreciate what you guys are doing. Thanks big.

I will check back later in the evening or during the day if time permits. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkings: 2:55pm On Sep 20, 2019
dekere:
How long have you been working? that you did not make savings to further your education. i.e pure lack of economic tie.
Sponsor: Should be change financial support with employment verification letter.

My one kobo views.
HI so my dad has done an estate valuation of our houses both amounting to 45 million
He will transfer make a document in my name stating he will transfer it to me....
His business is worth 15 million
I work as intern dere can I use that as home ties

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tosinobikoya49: 3:47pm On Sep 20, 2019
Good day house today makes 2 weeks I submitted my paper application for study permit, how would I know when am to go for medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KrystalDesign: 3:55pm On Sep 20, 2019
tosinobikoya49:
Good day house today makes 2 weeks I submitted my paper application for study permit, how would I know when am to go for medical

You will get a mail request as regards that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 4:03pm On Sep 20, 2019
If u have been reading this thread, u wont ask this question... U will get an email notification informing u of an update of medical request in ur profile.. Peace..
tosinobikoya49:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Esteemventures1: 5:10pm On Sep 20, 2019
@ frankrobbn1, thanks a lot.God bless you.
Please private chart me on my email : adegoketemitope17@yahoo.com
I really need to discuss with you.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Adelola94: 5:18pm On Sep 20, 2019
Hello everyone,
I am confused, bank refused to issue the details of my sponsor account. According to them, the embassy has changed the law, hence they told me I have to upload a letter indicating his name, password and the number the consular can use to access his account. Meanwhile, the letter isn't showing his account number. Please what do I do? Can I upload this letter or not?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by emeify1: 6:36pm On Sep 20, 2019
I dont agree. His brother can sponsor him even as a married man. The only thing is that he needs to show social economic and other ties to Nigeria as well as some considerable savings that may not be for his education but probably to take care of his family. Did u show your pension? Any lands? Any certifications etc..., even community volunteer services. Demonstrate this and I think it will fly.

dekere:

My one kobo views.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sakasakas: 7:34pm On Sep 20, 2019
AmadeusCho:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:04pm On Sep 20, 2019
UBCcookies:
Thank you JustMellow. It will help.
Could additional documents request increase the possible processing time to 2 months like I read on the internet? I will also ask for Nairobi email address so I can copy them too.

Additional document request can be a good sign to an extent, and if it needs verification depending on the sensitive of the document, it can cause a little delay in processing. Find below Nairobi email address:

nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:12pm On Sep 20, 2019
Teematu:
Thanks for your response. I also thought so but d email from d college stated the "d previous offer of admission will no longer be valid" and hence my worry

If so, send the new admission letter upon receiving it. In brief, compose a body message as part of the email to notify the VO on the new development. Don't forget to include your application information i.e. full name, DoB, CoR, application number, UCI number etc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkings: 10:12pm On Sep 20, 2019
JustMellow:

Additional document request can be a good sign to an extent, and if it needs verification depending on the sensitive of the document, it can cause a little delay in processing. Find below Nairobi email address:

Hello
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UBCcookies: 10:46pm On Sep 20, 2019
Thanks for your response
JustMellow:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by BossFingy(m): 3:53am On Sep 21, 2019
Please want to know if my sponsors statement of account must bear the same surname with mine while filing for a study visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 9:37am On Sep 21, 2019
BossFingy:
Please want to know if my sponsors statement of account must bear the same surname with mine while filing for a study visa ?

Who is your sponsor?
If the sponsor is a close relation - (Father, Mother, brother or unmarried sister) they are meant to share same surname with you. On the account that you're using a third party Sponsorship (Maternal Uncle, Aunt, Brother-in-law, and Sister-in-law, Step father etc). These set of people aren't expected to bear same surname with you. Thus, the answer to your question is dependent upon whether the sponsorship is coming from your immediate family members or a distant relative.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by seunmohmoh(f): 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2019
Good afternoon house. I have been following this thread for a long time and I wish to study in Canada.

I finished secondary school since 2014,I did GCE and since then I have been applying to Nigerian universities with no luck. I also applied this year and waiting for admission but I am not really interested in it as my focus has always been on Canada universities to study economics.

I have worked as a teacher, learned hair styling and currently working in a betting company. My problem is with finance, I currently have no one to sponsor me, but my father is the landlord (If it's necessary) he owns the land and house.

My question is the 10,000 cad proof always requested as part of the application; is it just for a year or it covers 4 years course I intend to study. I aim to work and study when I get there.

Your response will be appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mfondara: 1:30pm On Sep 21, 2019
House,

In order to reapply after refusal, does one need to write SOP separate from LOE? Also I will appreciate if I can get LOE format please.

God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 2:04pm On Sep 21, 2019
Esteemventures1:
@ frankrobbn1, thanks a lot.God bless you.
Please private chart me on my email : adegoketemitope17@yahoo.com
I really need to discuss with you.
Thanks.

I will appreciate if you can ask your questions here so others in same situation like yours would learn and make the most of it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jidluk: 2:50pm On Sep 21, 2019
Thanks, boss. It's 2 years Diploma. Business Admin. Financial services.
Frankrobbn1:

Congratulations on your wife's Admission!
Can you kindly confirm what type of Admission (post secondary diploma, Bsc, PGD, Msc, or PhD) your wife was given in this school (Assiniboine community college), as I haven't heard nor seen anyone over my three years of existence on this thread going to this school. The next step is to gather relevant documents like bank statements, degrees certificates, employment documents and file for her study permit application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sleekysoft(m): 3:03pm On Sep 21, 2019
Hello Guys
For those coming to Canada for a long time please don't be caught offguard like me.. tidy up lose ends especially banking,. if you intend to use your Nigerian banks make sure you have your atm, tokens and internet banking active.. if possible make sure you used a trusted family member as an additional signatory to your account should in case something is required of you .

--Secondly, be mentally prepared .. it is no joke.. the pictures and videos of Canada is sweet but it is not as rosy as they paint it especially in the beginning.. prepare yourself to study like you never... work like u never did ..The cold, your regular lifestyle you wont get here.. Be mentaly ready to eat food you aren't used to. see people you aren't used too.. etc

Success to all incoming TRV applicant and holders

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mandyknows: 3:06pm On Sep 21, 2019
What's your wife's highest educational qualification as this course is a post secondary diploma? Is she a graduate? Your answer will help the gurus in advising you on next steps.

jidluk:
Thanks, boss. It's 2 years Diploma. Business Admin. Financial services.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jidluk: 3:30pm On Sep 21, 2019
Yes, highest qualification is Bsc Accounting...presently working as an assistant accountant.
Mandyknows:
What's your wife's highest educational qualification as this course is a post secondary diploma? Is she a graduate? Your answer will help the gurus in advising you on next steps.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mandyknows: 3:36pm On Sep 21, 2019
Justifying why a graduate is going for a postsecondary diploma (lower than a university degree) to a VO may be tough. I'll suggest looking for a postgraduate diploma course to show academic progression. Unless there's a spin that you can put on the decision oh.

jidluk:
Yes, highest qualification is Bsc Accounting...presently working as an assistant accountant.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.