Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,292 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1024934 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by visionex: 4:16pm On Sep 21, 2019
Plz gurus and fam look into my case

I graduated 2012
I studied economics but found myself in a chemist business (u know naija situation)with some cash I had having gained experience in that line
Fast forward to today
I have run the business all these years till date,but have not Gotten it registered under CAC
I've raised some money and I wish to do my masters in Canada,how do I go about it

1) i have an unregistered biz and i need to prove.
what I've been doing
2) is it too late if I register my biz now under cac
3) if not too late do I just register the business
name or go as far as registering a limited co.
4) my line of business pharmaceuticals is not
consistent with what I studied which is
economics,im therefore afraid to bring my
business into the matter
5) how can I prove what I have been doing all
these years since my business and the course I
studied and intend to further is not consistent

Is there any way I can show I have been busy
I think I have a peculiar case
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by abubakarsubuana: 5:58pm On Sep 21, 2019
Please help.....
My visa was approved and will be leaving Naija on October 29, i need someone that i can share room with for meantime. School resumption is first week of January.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by seunmohmoh(f): 6:30pm On Sep 21, 2019
abubakarsubuana:
Please help.....
My visa was approved and will be leaving Naija on October 29, i need someone that i can share room with for meantime. School resumption is first week of January.

Thanks
Share room here in 9ja or Canada? Be specific.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 6:30pm On Sep 21, 2019
abubakarsubuana:
Please help.....

Thanks
Congratulations on your visa approval. Can you please share your profile here maybe someone can learn something or get inspired.
To your question, where are you going to in Canada so we can help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by emeify1: 6:36pm On Sep 21, 2019
grin grin
seunmohmoh:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 7:07pm On Sep 21, 2019
abubakarsubuana:
Please help.....

Thanks
Which province and school na
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by seunmohmoh(f): 7:47pm On Sep 21, 2019
No one is responding to my questions. Btw is there anyobe who can help with Seneca university here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mandyknows: 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2019
The CAD10k is your estimated living expense for each year of study. For visa purposes, you only need to prove availability of funds for the first year of study unless you're self-sponsored.

seunmohmoh:
Good afternoon house. I have been following this thread for a long time and I wish to study in Canada.

I finished secondary school since 2014,I did GCE and since then I have been applying to Nigerian universities with no luck. I also applied this year and waiting for admission but I am not really interested in it as my focus has always been on Canada universities to study economics.

I have worked as a teacher, learned hair styling and currently working in a betting company. My problem is with finance, I currently have no one to sponsor me, but my father is the landlord (If it's necessary) he owns the land and house.

My question is the 10,000 cad proof always requested as part of the application; is it just for a year or it covers 4 years course I intend to study. I aim to work and study when I get there.

Your response will be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mayflowa(m): 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2019
seunmohmoh:
Good afternoon house. I have been following this thread for a long time and I wish to study in Canada.

I finished secondary school since 2014,I did GCE and since then I have been applying to Nigerian universities with no luck. I also applied this year and waiting for admission but I am not really interested in it as my focus has always been on Canada universities to study economics.

I have worked as a teacher, learned hair styling and currently working in a betting company. My problem is with finance, I currently have no one to sponsor me, but my father is the landlord (If it's necessary) he owns the land and house.

My question is the 10,000 cad proof always requested as part of the application; is it just for a year or it covers 4 years course I intend to study. I aim to work and study when I get there.

If you truly good with hairdressing. This is an opportunity for you to get to Canada fast as a hairdresser. They are all needed over Canada. Frame your CV well. You can go to school once you get there. Goodluck

https://globalhire.ca/hairdresser-jobs/
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Francology41: 9:03pm On Sep 21, 2019
Hello guys Can I apply for Canada express entry while my visa application is ongoing? Is it advisable?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by seunmohmoh(f): 9:10pm On Sep 21, 2019
Mandyknows:
The CAD10k is your estimated living expense for each year of study. For visa purposes, you only need to prove availability of funds for the first year of study unless you're self-sponsored.

So, they are not bothered about how you funds for other years. Just the first year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by DBlessedofGod: 9:11pm On Sep 21, 2019
Congratulations Pls share your timeline

abubakarsubuana:
Please help.....

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by seunmohmoh(f): 9:12pm On Sep 21, 2019
Mayflowa:

If you truly good with hairdressing. This is an opportunity for you to get to Canada fast as a hairdresser. They are all needed over Canada. Frame your CV well. You can go to school once you get there. Goodluck

I will have to check that out, which of them is cheaper and easier to get?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 11:55pm On Sep 21, 2019
Francology41:
Hello guys Can I apply for Canada express entry while my visa application is ongoing? Is it advisable?
It's called "DUAL INTENT" and can be done according to CIC subsection 22(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA). However, due to the whole ground of Nigerian applications and home ties and all coupled with our economic situation I don't believe a VO will make a logical decision rather view it as a way of leaving Nigeria without returning. Can you imagine stating in your sop that you'll return to take over your father's business and still applying for Express entry on the side?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 11:58pm On Sep 21, 2019
visionex:
Plz gurus and fam look into my case

I graduated 2012
I studied economics but found myself in a chemist business (u know naija situation)with some cash I had having gained experience in that line
Fast forward to today
I have run the business all these years till date,but have not Gotten it registered under CAC
I've raised some money and I wish to do my masters in Canada,how do I go about it

1) i have an unregistered biz and i need to prove.
what I've been doing
2) is it too late if I register my biz now under cac
3) if not too late do I just register the business
name or go as far as registering a limited co.
4) my line of business pharmaceuticals is not
consistent with what I studied which is
economics,im therefore afraid to bring my
business into the matter
5) how can I prove what I have been doing all
these years since my business and the course I
studied and intend to further is not consistent

Is there any way I can show I have been busy
I think I have a peculiar case

My critical advice for you will be to give your self a 12month plan. I'm that period;

1. Register your business
2. Get essential work related licence and all
3. Develop a business blueprint for immigration purpose
4. Get an admission letter for September 2020
5. Read up the thread or seek the advice of experts
6. Put everything in Gods hand and take your time to gather vibrant and legit supporting documents for your visa application.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 12:02am On Sep 22, 2019
seunmohmoh:

It seems the financial side of this is the issue, if you have a good CGPA why don't you seek funding from universities or private study loan organizations in Nigeria. That way you only have to show proof of living expenses (10k) and other documents to back your application up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by BossFingy(m): 12:43am On Sep 22, 2019
Qudkom:

It's called "DUAL INTENT" and can be done according to CIC subsection 22(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA). However, due to the whole ground of Nigerian applications and home ties and all coupled with our economic situation I don't believe a VO will make a logical decision rather view it as a way of leaving Nigeria without returning. Can you imagine stating in your sop that you'll return to take over your father's business and still applying for Express entry on the side?
Qudkom:

It seems the financial side of this is the issue, if you have a good CGPA why don't you seek funding from universities or private study loan organizations in Nigeria. That way you only have to show proof of living expenses (10k) and other documents to back your application up.
I'm wondering if his year of graduations from secondary be. Problem for him..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by seunmohmoh(f): 1:28am On Sep 22, 2019
Qudkom:

I am an undergraduate student. Never heard of loans to study
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by BossFingy(m): 1:29am On Sep 22, 2019
Hello house, I'm really in a state of ramification so I decided to share my thoughts with the house...
I finished my SSCE in 2011, while waiting for admission into university.. I got this scholarship to be trained by PTDF on Welding training and Certification program(WTCP) certified by IIW 2012..
The training suffered a little setback( u know our country) and was pursed.. On the course of waiting for the training to start up I was admitted...
Finished the welding training 2015..
Started another Samsung welding training the same year- 2016
Graduated from the university 2018( materials and metallurgical eng.)3rd class...
Now working as a pipeline welder ( but on contract bases)....
I want to know if its cool applying For Express entry or going for a welding engineering technician course in a college...
Although I got admitted in Northern College this Sept intake in the same course(Welding) but was discouraged since I applied with my SSCE result...
So my question is,
1)is there a possibility that I would be granted visa since I wrote my SSCE 8 years ago and applying with it..knowing my degree grade won't be admissible in masters or post graduate diploma..
Would really love to hear opinions to know if I should reapply for January intake or go for Express entry..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by seunmohmoh(f): 7:59am On Sep 22, 2019
BossFingy:
I'm wondering if his year of graduations from secondary be. Problem for him..
Me?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by seunmohmoh(f): 9:43am On Sep 22, 2019
Mayflowa:

I sent you pm. Please check.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by abubakarsubuana: 9:48am On Sep 22, 2019
seunmohmoh:

Smile.........Funny you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by abubakarsubuana: 10:11am On Sep 22, 2019
Obehi44:

Congratulations on your visa approval. Can you please share your profile here maybe someone can learn something or get inspired.
To your question, where are you going to in Canada so we can help.

To be sincere, is been God. My application was very simple and it was handle by my brother.

First App (online):May 22, 2019 and was refused on June 14, 2019
Second App (paper) June 24, 2019 and was approved on September 9, 2019.

Documents submitted:
CIC forms
All necessary certificate.....I graduated with First Class
Sponsor SOA with closed balance of 20m plus
Birth cert
Acceptance letter from University of Saskatchewan
Course: Master of Science Anatomy and Cell Biology
Sponsor (Father): employment letter and last promotion letter. He is working in Securities and Exchange Commission

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by abubakarsubuana: 10:15am On Sep 22, 2019
Blema111:

Which province and school na

Hello,

Are you in Ontario presently? I sent you PM.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nnetriplet: 10:19am On Sep 22, 2019
Pls i want to study in canada,.....someone should help me with all the details and requirements. Just take me as a newbie who does'nt know anything
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by seunmohmoh(f): 10:40am On Sep 22, 2019
abubakarsubuana:

Smile.........Funny you.
I asked a serious question
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sirgigs: 11:27am On Sep 22, 2019
Qudkom:

What private study organisations are in Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by abubakarsubuana: 2:17pm On Sep 22, 2019
seunmohmoh:
I asked a serious question

K
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2019
abubakarsubuana:

K
They keep asking you which province and Sch, you refuse to answer, you don’t know who can really be of help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.