Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022757 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 12:33am On Oct 27, 2019
Congratulations. Finally some good news

Troup:
Hi Guys,
I submitted my application before finding out about this platform

Application Timeline
Submission: August 14th (Online)
Biometrics : August 15th
Medical request came on October 2nd
I did my medical Test at IOM on October 14th
Medical Uploaded/ passed : October 18th
Request for passport and approval: October 18th ( the same day I passed my medicals)

I did the application myself, I was actually scared because when I got to this platform and saw the amount of documents others were submitting (which I forgot to add).
I just want to let you guys know that there's still hope, put you best in your application and everything will work out well in your favour by Gods grace.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 4:07am On Oct 27, 2019
omotayour26:
Gurus in the house pls I need help, I am planning to reapply.

- I am not a guru but I have some questions for you. I noticed you did not include your SOA in your previous application, why?

- You have a wife and kid you will leave behind, how will they survive in your absence? Is your wife working?

- Your mums 6 months SOA, is it personal or business?

- Why are you going for advanced diploma?

- You need a LOE this time around to address why your program (advanced diploma in Engineering is the best choice for you). You also need to mention your home ties (how your family is important and you plan on returning to them) and how your family will survive in your absence (you must be specific and show proofs).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oniwoski: 4:16am On Oct 27, 2019
Goodmorning all..

Pls for my visa application can i submit court age declaration or must it be birth certificate?

Thanks for your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 4:45am On Oct 27, 2019
ThePressNigeria:

Hello House,

I’m going to be sponsored by two close relatives alongside my personal savings.
My budget is N2.5 million for the first program.
My questions are as follows:-
1. Which colleges in Canada can I apply for admission?

Any college offering your program is good. Just make sure you check for things like population of the city, work availability, living conditions, weather, and so forth. Please also check if the school has flexible payment plans just incase you have issues with funds while studying.

2. I understand you don’t require IELTS for some institutions in Canada, which ones please?

You are going to college, I don't think there is any college in Canada that requires IELTS. If there is, it will be waived once you let them know you were taught in English.

3. How much more funds do I require for my study and stay out there for the first certificate?

You need to look for the college that offers your program of choice, check out their fees for international students and then add $10,000 (except Quebec) to the fee, convert to Naira to get an idea of how much you need to show as proof of funds in your SOA.

4. Any quick guides that will guarantee me admission for winter session (January)?

We are almost in November, if you get admission for winter, before you get all your documents, fill out forms, do medicals, there is no way you can meet up. Please don't rush this process, calm down, take your time. Canada is there forever.
Obviously, the first step is getting an admission.

Please gurus, kindly assist point out loopholes in my plan and assist with guidelines to put me on track.

I am not a guru but this is my suggestion.

(1) From the questions you have asked, I can tell you have not read much about this TRV process.
I strongly suggest you get admission for spring, take your time to read up what it takes to get a TRV on CIC website (read it at least twice), read up on people that recently got approved and those that got delayed (the past 5 pages will help you), list out the list of necessary documents based on information on CIC's website and this forum, and then apply around December.
Canada TRV requires hard work and patience.

(2) If you see any college that offers a PGD with co-op in your preferred program, I will suggest you go for that instead of a PGC.

(3) Apply for your visa using your family as home ties. Once you get your visa and start school, apply for them to come join you on Spousal Open Work Permit which will allow your wife work unrestricted while you continue with your 20 hours work plus study. Trust me, you need all the help you can get financially, mentally and other areas while studying in Canada.

I wish you all the best.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bosslady126: 7:39am On Oct 27, 2019
PLEASE HELP!!

I want to apply for Ontario Graduate Certificate which is one year program.
It was stated on their website that before you can apply for it you must have completed an Ontario diploma (which is two years), advanced diploma, or degree or equivalent.

My question now is can I apply to it with my nigeria ND? Since it's a diploma
Please help....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by holllowu: 10:20am On Oct 27, 2019
Noted, my apologies.
zamony:
You should reply him in a normal way,so he can understand, don't criticize anyone here for refusal reasons...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by holllowu: 10:23am On Oct 27, 2019
Lol. Go ahead, encourage people to do what isn't right
Ginaruby:

And Canada is for people like you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by holllowu: 10:26am On Oct 27, 2019
Sorry about the way I responded at first. Main while you can try applying for funding opportunities too.
Flowbaba12:
Hello house
I hope u all are doing great.
Quick one, i got an admission at one of the university in canada.
But no fund to proceed. But i got a help from a friend which she's a PA to the wife of a govenor in nigeria, which she promise to give me a sponsorship letter from the office of the first lady....
My question is will i just submit the sponsorship letter with all the neccessary document together ? Did i stand a chance of getting my visa approval?
Note am only using the sponsorship letter as the means of fund.
Please house help a friend
Thanks all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ThePressNigeria: 11:49am On Oct 27, 2019
[quote author=Naijaforeigner post=83493995][/quote]

Many thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by PucciGuru(m): 12:02pm On Oct 27, 2019
Has anybody here done cbt Ielts before?

Please how did you check your result?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ginaruby: 12:53pm On Oct 27, 2019
holllowu:
Lol. Go ahead, encourage people to do what isn't right

Lol, we are all looking for a better future.
We are all equal, rich and poor, and we need a society where people enjoy their rights.
What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by emeify1: 4:10pm On Oct 27, 2019
I enjoin everyone to write to minister@cic.gc.ca and nairobi@international.gc.ca to complain passionately of the unfair and unreasonable treatment if Nigerian study permit and sowp applicants. Tweet at them too. They cannot ignore all the voices. I implore even those who ha ehadtheir visas approved to join in this. Let the voices be heard. Thank u

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by omotayour26(m): 5:21pm On Oct 27, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

- I am not a guru but I have some questions for you. I noticed you did not include your SOA in your previous application, why?

- You have a wife and kid you will leave behind, how will they survive in your absence? Is your wife working?

- Your mums 6 months SOA, is it personal or business?

- Why are you going for advanced diploma?

- You need a LOE this time around to address why your program (advanced diploma in Engineering is the best choice for you). You also need to mention your home ties (how your family is important and you plan on returning to them) and how your family will survive in your absence (you must be specific and show proofs).

I didn't include my SOA because all I have in the account isn't more than 300k and I felt it's not necessary buh now I think I will have to tell my mum to transfer into my account so my account can show a huge amount.

As regards my wife, yes she is working even earning more than I do currently .... so what do u suggest i do in my sop as regards there case.

My mum's statement of account is her personal account

As regards advance diploma, 1stly I intend doing pgd but have searched tru all colleges buh non is related to mine course of studies hence I decided if it's going to be a begin again then am ready .

Thanks for your contributions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by librangyps(f): 5:40pm On Oct 27, 2019
emeify1:
I enjoin everyone to write to minister@cic.gc.ca and nairobi@international.gc.ca to complain passionately of the unfair and unreasonable treatment if Nigerian study permit and sowp applicants. Tweet at them too. They cannot ignore all the voices. I implore even those who ha ehadtheir visas approved to join in this. Let the voices be heard. Thank u

Don't overdo it in such a way that it becomes a nuisance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Folaliving: 6:15pm On Oct 27, 2019
You have enough certificates to apply through express entry for PR. However, if you still want to go back to school, i'll advise you go for PHd.

2.5 million naira is less than $10k which is too small for college program in Canada. Most college programs start from $15k in addition to $10k for living cost.

ThePressNigeria:

Hello House,

Please gurus, kindly assist point out loopholes in my plan and assist with guidelines to put me on track.

I’m about to apply for a postgraduate certificate program and I just learned that progression is important in choosing the academic program I apply for.
Initially, I wanted a short medical/nursing course for sake of relevance in the job market.

However, I have the following certificates from studying in Nigeria:-
 First degree in Accounting
 Post graduate diploma in Management
 MBA Financial Management
 IOSH Safety certifications

I’m trying to earn a 3 year work permit from doing two 8 month relevant courses and apply for PR afterwards.
My family will be home in Nigeria waiting for me while I earn my certificates and maximize the 20 hour work and study.
They will join me once I succeed with express entry when I complete my study.

I’m going to be sponsored by two close relatives alongside my personal savings.
My budget is N2.5 million for the first program.
My questions are as follows:-
1. Which colleges in Canada can I apply for admission?
2. I understand you don’t require IELTS for some institutions in Canada, which ones please?
3. How much more funds do I require for my study and stay out there for the first certificate?
4. Any quick guides that will guarantee me admission for winter session (January)?

Thanks in anticipation!!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Johnnyjaid: 6:20pm On Oct 27, 2019
Hello everyone,
Pls help!
I'm currently in the US (not a legal permanent resident) and I'll like to relocate to Canada. How can I go about this from here?
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bosslady126: 6:36pm On Oct 27, 2019
bosslady126:
PLEASE HELP!!

It was stated on their website that before you can apply for it you must have completed an Ontario diploma (which is two years), advanced diploma, or degree or equivalent.

Please help....

cry cry cry cry can someone reply me please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by emeify1: 8:13pm On Oct 27, 2019
Are u for real now? U are worried about being a nuisance?
librangyps:

Don't overdo it in such a way that it becomes a nuisance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Demmzy15(m): 9:21pm On Oct 27, 2019
Hi people,

I'm currently learning how to program on Matlab, can I include this skill when writing to a supervisor. The resumption date is September, 2020 in which one would done with learning (programming)

Second question is, the application opens by November 15th, is it okay for me to start emailing the supervisor?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 10:12pm On Oct 27, 2019
bosslady126:
PLEASE HELP!!

Please help....
Don't worry yourself if you have a bsc degree go ahead and apply. A graduate certificate is like the younger brother of MSc programs just that it is;
1. Streamlined
2. Affordable
3. You don't get to write projects
4. Lower requirements

P.s try and apply for a GC that offers Co-op terms
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chiwelaw: 11:10pm On Oct 27, 2019
Please, why do you advice one gets a GC with co-OP terms? Please I really need your guidance on this.
Thank you

Qudkom:

Don't worry yourself if you have a bsc degree go ahead and apply. A graduate certificate is like the younger brother of MSc programs just that it is;
1. Streamlined
2. Affordable
4. Lower requirements

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olajigaolamide: 3:03am On Oct 28, 2019
Any August applicant still waiting for Reply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mofpearl: 4:16am On Oct 28, 2019
Demmzy15:
Hi people,
Second question is, the application opens by November 15th, is it okay for me to start emailing the supervisor?

Absolutely. Let them know you intend to apply.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oniwoski: 4:19am On Oct 28, 2019
Hello all..

Kindly help

Can i use age declaration for visa application..dont have birth cirtificate.

2. I tried downloading the vosa application forms on my laptop and it says my acrobat reader cannot open file even after updating to latest version...is it also possible to use an Andriod phone to download and fill form

3. I intend going with my kids..must consent letter be notarosed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mikkiz: 4:47am On Oct 28, 2019
Hey guys, I’m going to give you some tips or possible way of getting your study permit approved genuinely;

Ideally most canadian universities don’t accept 2:2 for masters, having a 2:1 possibly from 3.6 upward would go a long way both in securing admission and visa success.

Your account statement has to belong to either your parents or siblings of the same parents, and should be ran for Atleast 5 months showing frequent transaction history before printing and submission.

If you have applied for a study permit before and be refused, you should wait for Atleast 1yr before trying again, whereby including supporting documents to show your status has changed.

There are lots of free online certificate program online, taking 2 or 3 certificate courses in your previous field of study and including a copy of your undergraduate project summary(1 page), would show applicant is a genuine candidate.

Statement of purpose should explain why you wish to study in canada, why you wish to study in the university you got admitted, why you wish to study the program you were admitted to and how’s beneficial it is to your home country after graduation. Emphasis on current issues Nigeria is facing such as power supply. Your training and education in canada as an electrical and computer engineering has covered this loop.

It’s better to choose the same program you did in your Undergraduate or a very close related program if applying for masters. ex( B.sc in computer science and Msc in computer engineering or electrical and comp engr)

Your parent should sign an affidavit of support,notarized and clearly signed stating you are thier only dependant left to support to master level.

Landed property could Include your father business reg, tax certificate, vehicle and landed property. The applicant don’t necessarily need to have any property coz he/she is being sponsored. But having or including of your personal assets or funds would be helful.

It’s also helpful to apply for a study permit Atleast 6-12 months after undergraduate because it shows continuous interest in achieving thier educational goals. You should also explain why there was a gap between the year of graduation before submitting an application for master degree. If you were working attach a reference letter, or you were undergoing an internship or helping in your father business, always attach a document to support your story.

You don’t need a full box of documents to prove to the immigration that you’re a genuine student.

I hope this is helpful and wish all future TRV applicants success.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by opeey(m): 7:41am On Oct 28, 2019
yacha77:
They are lots of flight schools in Canada and in choosing, some things needs consideration but most important is your budget. NEVER think that you can work and pay your way through flight school so budget is impt. About bad schools, mostly are in the US, few in Canada and you fall when you go for the unrealistic cheaper school, as they say * penny wise and pounds foolish* . best aviation will help you narrow down your search and from my experience go for school in provinces with low cost of living, not the big cities. Holla anytime for specific info...............
how can i get ur contact. I already send u mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bosslady126: 8:24am On Oct 28, 2019
Qudkom:

1. Streamlined
2. Affordable
4. Lower requirements

ThANK YOU for your reply bro, I really appreciate it

But the thing is that I don't have a bsc degree I'm currently in HND level that's why I asked maybe i can use my ND result to apply for it it.

P.s I have a good grade..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by muna3926: 8:35am On Oct 28, 2019
Pls i submitted my passport since on the 4th of October and up till now my tracking id is showing no records found,it's mur dan 3weeks now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by porchy(m): 8:36am On Oct 28, 2019
Good morning Fellas, pls I want to confirm the visa fee price through paper route . A friend is telling me to go with 70k plus but I know the last time it was around 41250 + 1270(remittance charge) then 680 for SMS. If there's anyone who has applied recently pls respond

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.