Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022445 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:52pm On Oct 24, 2019
efficiency123:

Please, kindly avail me the address to use for reference letter or letter of sponsor for a person submitting at Lagos

The Visa Officer,
High Commission of Canada,
4 Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island, Lagos,
Nigeria.

Dear Sir/Madam,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by henifri: 12:00am On Oct 25, 2019
Hi Bimmy.

Congratulations on your approval. My sister is also applying and pursuing an MBA. Could you share your SOP for reference purposes? (Please blur out all sensitive information) I just made a request to contact you also.
Bimmy35:
APPROVAL.

Am a silent reader and been following the thread for a long time.

First I really appreciate all the selfless guys for their invaluable contributions, they are never tired to assist people on the forum. God bless you all.

Got my approval on September 24 and passport pick up yesterday October 08.

Below is my timeline.

Application type: on-line

Application date : June 21

Bio-metric : June 24.

August 26: Sent web-form after 9 weeks without update.

Medical request: August 28

Medical Done (IOM Lagos) : September 05 ( Please always ensure you follow up with these guys if you notice your medical is not updated after 3 working days, they can be nightmare).

Medical passed: September 19

passport request and submission September 24.

Course: MBA- University of Canada West

Sponsors: My Mum and Sister.

For all TRV hopefuls please do not loose hope and continue pushing.

God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 12:18am On Oct 25, 2019
gr8full2God:
Guru in the house pls I need help, I am planning to reapply.
Submitted on 18 Sept first app
BVL 16 Oct, Denied 10hrs later

Timeline
Bsc Computer science 2:2
Going for PGC (Database management and computer Software) 2years program
Am single

Docs
Dad is my sponsor
Statement of #100 million savings
Statement 20m company account
Paid 1st semester fees 10k cad
He transfer 2.5m to my account as LV
Company CAC, Memorandum
He as two company, my name is not part of the director in the first company but my is name part of the director in the second one, I submitted both
And all necessary document e.g passport page, affidavit, sponsorship letter
Sop, programming language certificate, mobile app cert, networking cert,
I work in my fathers company,
6 month contract approval letter from a company to run a maintenance check on there system.
7 landed document (dad)
My own land document

But I think my SOP is not convincing enough, story plenty, I did not give anyone to proofread. I already order for my GCMS

Guru in the house pls help, what and what you think I should add.

Hello sir, initially, you told us on this forum in January you have an OND in a computer related program and decided to go for Undergraduate degree. Now you are saying you have Bsc in Computer science, going for PGC. Which should we believe?

You also mentioned on this forum some times back you worked in a manufacturing company since 2011 for about 7 years and then the company had issues and closed down. Is the manufacturing company your fathers or someone else's?

You also told us on this forum in August you opened a business name in support of your application, are you the owner of the business?

You need to stick to one story, which should be the truth, so we can know how to help you.

I was about giving my suggestion but my instinct just told me to read your previous posts.

I suggest you apply via the paper route because you have too many documents.

Get someone to structure and proof read your LOE for you.

I wish you all the best.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by efficiency123: 12:29am On Oct 25, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

thank you

The Visa Officer,
High Commission of Canada,
4 Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island, Lagos,
Nigeria.

Dear Sir/Madam,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by yomeximas: 3:52am On Oct 25, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Yup! I remembered I did mention that there haven't been any study visa application that lasted for more than 1 year (12 months) on this thread some time ago. I would earnestly be waiting to hear your testimony this week. Congratulations on your hubby's visa approval.

Sure! you can reach out to me. More so, thanks for the compliments and best wishes. I say Amen! to them.

Hello House,
Having submitted the application, I got to know this thread while waiting endlessly for approval that lasted for 13months. Here is a summary of the application details.

TRV: Study Permit
Route: Online
Mode: Company sponsored
Application Date: June 3,2018
Biometrics: June 5,2018
Eligibility Reviewed: June 13,2019
Medical Done: June 28,2019
Medical Passed: July 1,2019
Approval: July 16,2019
Passport dropped: July 17,2019
Application Length: 13months

SPONSOR
*fixed deposit statement
*statement of account
*Affidavit of sponsor's support
*Company's Leave approval letter
*international passport of the CEO(Data page)
* CAC documents
*Memorandum and articles of association

CO-SPONSOR(Husband)
*Offcial Documents(appointment letter,land,car documents etc)
* Proof of ties(Marriage cert,newspaper publication,wedding pictures and media proof) etc
*Pension statement
*Co-operative evidence
*Etc

APPLICANTS
*All the documents we all know plus official documents like appointment letter,confirmation letter,ID card,Affidavit etc.

LESSONS LEARNT
i. Sometimes, God’s delay is not God’s denial:
Started sending webmail/emails to Lagos office from October 2018 but there was no response. At a point, I wasn’t sure which office was treating
the file, so I sent to London Office on Jan 12.2019. It was a relief as London office routed the mail to Lagos office as a “PROTECTED B” and we got
an instant response barely 13hours later. Lagos office then replied thus “Your application has now been placed under active review”. I continued
with monthly reminder and got responses in April and June that “it was still under processing”.
ii. Don’t put all your eggs in this basket, let your life progress as you wait on God for this journey and dont make it a do-or-die matter:
We Married in Nov 2017, she got admission in March 2018(barely 4 months after our marriage) but we lived on as normal couple and didn’t
bother to go on family planning cos of this journey. She was pregnant before she applied but funny enough the application was neglected until
the Baby finished his “Exclusive Breastfeeding” i.e 6months old.
iii. For those who have given up, or are giving up and those thinking about giving up. You need to reconsider cos God might not have given up.
Sometimes there may be events behind the scenes.
iv. Experience counts most times:
I had been worried on an application that was just taking forever with no update from the CIC until a day I read a post wherein someone
commented that application could last 14 months but Frankrobnn1 “The Seer” confidently proved that it had never lasted beyond a year. So I
decided to give it two more months before I would opt to cancel the application and perhaps re-apply. But just imagine, it was APPROVED the
following month!!!

My wife is now settled with her studies, but this journey has taught me a lot about God. I sense that the mood is low in the house, but I felt
someone’s faith could be renewed by this testimony.

APPRECIATIONS
Frankrobnn1, Mcobex, Naijaforeigner, Austacus,Justmellow, Makano,sopunter….and all the gurus, only God can reward your tireless and selfless
service, thank you.

REQUEST
You guys should please accept my email request, I need your help on something else which is different from the focus of this thread.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by iVentHub(m): 8:33am On Oct 25, 2019
lynniebabes:
[thanks quote author=nneteb post=83434356]Your Profile is very good, i wish you all the best... i am going to TRU too Winter 2012, Business Admin Post bach. degree
TRU too Economics Post Bacc..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nneteb(f): 8:38am On Oct 25, 2019
Please lets connect via Whatsapp... Im sending you a mail now..
iVentHub:

TRU too Economics Post Bacc..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Laslaslala: 9:04am On Oct 25, 2019
folanife:

EWC is SCAM, please run ooooooo

I am a victim already. If you want proof, I have plenty.
Really and I'm even planning to consult them
Please how did you get to know

Nawaao for all these study in Canada education consulting firms

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dubajek: 9:17am On Oct 25, 2019
Congrats. Thanks for sharing

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by fehinebony(f): 10:04am On Oct 25, 2019
Alkidam:

We submitted same day then.has any other letter dropped?

No letter yet. Have you gotten any other letter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:07am On Oct 25, 2019
yomeximas:

Hello House,
Having submitted the application, I got to know this thread while waiting endlessly for approval that lasted for 13months. Here is a summary of the application details.

SPONSOR
*fixed deposit statement
*statement of account
*Affidavit of sponsor's support
*Company's Leave approval letter
*international passport of the CEO(Data page)
* CAC documents
*Memorandum and articles of association

CO-SPONSOR(Husband)
*Offcial Documents(appointment letter,land,car documents etc)
* Proof of ties(Marriage cert,newspaper publication,wedding pictures and media proof) etc
*Pension statement
*Co-operative evidence
*Etc

APPLICANTS
*All the documents we all know plus official documents like appointment letter,confirmation letter,ID card,Affidavit etc.

LESSONS LEARNT
i. Sometimes, God’s delay is not God’s denial:
Started sending webmail/emails to Lagos office from October 2018 but there was no response. At a point, I wasn’t sure which office was treating
the file, so I sent to London Office on Jan 12.2019. It was a relief as London office routed the mail to Lagos office as a “PROTECTED B” and we got
an instant response barely 13hours later. Lagos office then replied thus “Your application has now been placed under active review”. I continued
with monthly reminder and got responses in April and June that “it was still under processing”.
ii. Don’t put all your eggs in this basket, let your life progress as you wait on God for this journey and dont make it a do-or-die matter:
We Married in Nov 2017, she got admission in March 2018(barely 4 months after our marriage) but we lived on as normal couple and didn’t
bother to go on family planning cos of this journey. She was pregnant before she applied but funny enough the application was neglected until
the Baby finished his “Exclusive Breastfeeding” i.e 6months old.
iii. For those who have given up, or are giving up and those thinking about giving up. You need to reconsider cos God might not have given up.
Sometimes there may be events behind the scenes.
iv. Experience counts most times:
I had been worried on an application that was just taking forever with no update from the CIC until a day I read a post wherein someone
commented that application could last 14 months but Frankrobnn1 “The Seer” confidently proved that it had never lasted beyond a year. So I
decided to give it two more months before I would opt to cancel the application and perhaps re-apply. But just imagine, it was APPROVED the
following month!!!

My wife is now settled with her studies, but this journey has taught me a lot about God. I sense that the mood is low in the house, but I felt
someone’s faith could be renewed by this testimony.

APPRECIATIONS
Frankrobnn1, Mcobex, Naijaforeigner, Austacus,Justmellow, Makano,sopunter….and all the gurus, only God can reward your tireless and selfless
service, thank you.

REQUEST
You guys should please accept my email request, I need your help on something else which is different from the focus of this thread.

This is indeed a call for celebration, finally perseverance prevailed at the end. Big congratulations to you and your wife.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gr8full2God: 10:11am On Oct 25, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

Hello sir, initially, you told us on this forum in January you have an OND in a computer related program and decided to go for Undergraduate degree. Now you are saying you have Bsc in Computer science, going for PGC. Which should we believe?

You also mentioned on this forum some times back you worked in a manufacturing company since 2011 for about 7 years and then the company had issues and closed down. Is the manufacturing company your fathers or someone else's?

You also told us on this forum in August you opened a business name in support of your application, are you the owner of the business?

You need to stick to one story, which should be the truth, so we can know how to help you.

I was about giving my suggestion but my instinct just told me to read your previous posts.

I suggest you apply via the paper route because you have too many documents.

Get someone to structure and proof read your LOE for you.

I wish you all the best.

1.The journey started January when my UNI refuse to release our result due to the strike action, it was later release around late March. So now I have Bsc in Computer science 2:2

2. Yes i worked in a manufacturing company before they shut down 2017 but now am working with my Dad, and also attending different IT trainings to support my application.
Considering the academic progression and according to the guidance given by a Guru in the house, it is not reasonable to tell the VO am are working in manufacturing company unless if am going to change my course of study. Any suggestion is welcome.

3. And according to the statement I opened it in support of my application and I am the owner and I also prepare a bussiness plan to support it.

So a lot as change from January till now and that is just the brief explanation.

I hope you can now give your input.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UrsyBC: 11:27am On Oct 25, 2019
So, in order words you have an OND, BSc (2 degrees)and intend to go for PGC in Canada, right?

gr8full2God:

1.The journey started January when my UNI refuse to release our result due to the strike action, it was later release around late March. So now I have Bsc in Computer science 2:2

2. Yes i worked in a manufacturing company before they shut down 2017 but now am working with my Dad, and also attending different IT trainings to support my application.
Considering the academic progression and according to the guidance given by a Guru in the house, it is not reasonable to tell the VO am are working in manufacturing company unless if am going to change my course of study. Any suggestion is welcome.

3. And according to the statement I opened it in support of my application and I am the owner and I also prepare a bussiness plan to support it.

So a lot as change from January till now and that is just the brief explanation.

I hope you can now give your input.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by adesokany(m): 11:39am On Oct 25, 2019
PLEASE IS THERE ANY CANADIAN UNIVERSITY OR COLLEGE THAT ACCEPT SCHOOL FEES ON ARRIVAL?[color=#770077][/color][b][/b]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by yomeximas: 11:50am On Oct 25, 2019
JustMellow:

This is indeed a call for celebration, finally perseverance prevailed at the end. Big congratulations to you and your wife.

Shalom!

I sent you an email request,please accept so I can reach you. I need some info on another discussion different from the focus of this thread
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Boscojugunu(m): 12:06pm On Oct 25, 2019
nneteb:
What's SCAM?
EWC. Come and prove us wrong

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jopppp74: 12:18pm On Oct 25, 2019
adesokany:
PLEASE IS THERE ANY CANADIAN UNIVERSITY OR COLLEGE THAT ACCEPT SCHOOL FEES ON ARRIVAL?[color=#770077][/color][b][/b]
Lol..this question is kind of funny
You are not required to pay your whole school fees but some schools require you to pay either acceptance fee or first semester fee

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Troup: 12:30pm On Oct 25, 2019
Hi Guys,
I submitted my application before finding out about this platform

Application Timeline
Submission: August 14th (Online)
Biometrics : August 15th
Medical request came on October 2nd
I did my medical Test at IOM on October 14th
Medical Uploaded/ passed : October 18th
Request for passport and approval: October 18th ( the same day I passed my medicals)

I did the application myself, I was actually scared because when I got to this platform and saw the amount of documents others were submitting (which I forgot to add).
I just want to let you guys know that there's still hope, put you best in your application and everything will work out well in your favour by Gods grace.

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 1stdami(m): 12:48pm On Oct 25, 2019
Congrats on your approval
Kindly tell us the documents your submitted and was your application processed by the Kenyan visa officers
Troup:
Hi Guys,

Application Timeline
Request for passport and approval: October 18th ( the same day I passed my medicals)

I did the application myself, I was actually scared because when I got to this platform and saw the amount of documents others were submitting (which I forgot to add).
I just want to let you guys know that there's still hope, put you best in your application and everything will work out well in your favour by Gods grace.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 1:00pm On Oct 25, 2019
Troup:
Hi Guys,

Application Timeline

Congratulations!!!
Another one out of many. You are a testimony. May others get theirs too IJN
Meanwhile, share with us the list of documents you submitted and those you latter thought you should have submitted.
Which school?
What program?
Etc
Was it the Kenyan guys?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Troup: 1:07pm On Oct 25, 2019
1stdami:
Congrats on your approval
Kindly tell us the documents your submitted and was your application processed by the Kenyan visa officers

It was processed in Nairobi, Kenya

Documents( in no particular order)

Academic Qualifications (transcript and certificate)
My CV
Financial Qualifications( financial aid from school , parents bank statement, parents company document )
Letter of employment of my sponsor(my parents)
Company documents (CAC)
Sponsorship letter from parent
Police clearance
Birth certificates of my siblings
offer letter from school

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dekere: 1:30pm On Oct 25, 2019
Conestoga College, after seat reservation.

adesokany:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by adesokany(m): 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2019
Thanks @jopppp47 and dekere...please I need school names , that I can actually arrange all this package with like 500k ...that is minus main school fee...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 2:27pm On Oct 25, 2019
adesokany:
There are schools that allow you pay a deposit and balance just before registering for class for the semester
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkings: 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2019
Troup:

My CV
Financial Qualifications( financial aid from school , parents bank statement, parents company document )
Company documents (CAC)
Police clearance
offer letter from school

Congrats oooo which institution
Uni or college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by librangyps(f): 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2019
Troup:

My CV
Company documents (CAC)
Police clearance
offer letter from school

Wow, I love this... what was the balance in ur sponsor's account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by FolaRauf: 3:23pm On Oct 25, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Is it possible to change schools after you’ve gotten your study permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MUN19: 4:18pm On Oct 25, 2019
Hello guys... The account statement I’m using for my application is having 11.5 M as at the day I printed it out on Wednesday but now the balance is like 6M. I hope it won’t affect my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dekere: 4:19pm On Oct 25, 2019
Yes.

FolaRauf:
Hello Everyone,

Is it possible to change schools after you’ve gotten your study permit?

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.