Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022771 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Orlarshaynee: 7:23pm On Oct 31, 2019
I think the first and best thing to do is contact your school and explain things, then also ask them if you can still pay tuition now and if they will still give you a chance for Winter 2020 resumption, if they say it is late for that, ask them if they can consider you for the next resumption maybe fall 2020.

From what you posted, it seems you already paid a fee to secure your seat; the $1500. It is important they give you another chance, else it may affect your getting a visa (not permit) to study (if there isn’t any school you will be going to). What I mean is, the screening at ‘port of entry’; they will likely ask for proof that you’ve paid tuition for the term you are resuming for. This is what I think, however, you should wait for responses from the gurus here.
Obehi44:
Hello house,

My school sent this email saying admission has been revoked, stating that either tuition was not paid or other reasons.
Though this was the same admission that was used for the previous visa application that was refused in Sept.
But I honestly forgot or forgot to check that there was a set date (Oct 15, 2019) to pay the balance(after paying the $1500) tuition fee for the first semester (admission is for Jan 2020).

Now, visa application is on and just completed 2 weeks. Medical is upfront and showing "we are reviewing the result of your medical".

My question now is, what do i do concerning the school? Contact them? If so, what do I say? Will they still allow me to pay?

Will this have effect or affects the visa process?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jephehe: 7:35pm On Oct 31, 2019
I handled one friend from nairaland same issue. She have visa already and admission revoke after much contacts with Conestoga the admission was reinstated but the fees was paid instantly.

Act fast brother.

Obehi44:
Hello house,

My school sent this email saying admission has been revoked, stating that either tuition was not paid or other reasons.
Though this was the same admission that was used for the previous visa application that was refused in Sept.
But I honestly forgot or forgot to check that there was a set date (Oct 15, 2019) to pay the balance(after paying the $1500) tuition fee for the first semester (admission is for Jan 2020).

Now, visa application is on and just completed 2 weeks. Medical is upfront and showing "we are reviewing the result of your medical".

My question now is, what do i do concerning the school? Contact them? If so, what do I say? Will they still allow me to pay?

Will this have effect or affects the visa process?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Trump4ril: 8:01pm On Oct 31, 2019
Anyone here going for his PhD in Canada

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 8:43pm On Oct 31, 2019
Jephehe:
I handled one friend from nairaland same issue. She have visa already and admission revoke after much contacts with Conestoga the admission was reinstated but the fees was paid instantly.

Act fast brother.

Oh.. Okay
Please I will need your assistance on this.
I will appreciate.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 8:43pm On Oct 31, 2019
Orlarshaynee:
I think the first and best thing to do is contact your school and explain things, then also ask them if you can still pay tuition now and if they will still give you a chance for Winter 2020 resumption, if they say it is late for that, ask them if they can consider you for the next resumption maybe fall 2020.

From what you posted, it seems you already paid a fee to secure your seat; the $1500. It is important they give you another chance, else it may affect your getting a visa (not permit) to study (if there isn’t any school you will be going to). What I mean is, the screening at ‘port of entry’; they will likely ask for proof that you’ve paid tuition for the term you are resuming for. This is what I think, however, you should wait for responses from the gurus here.

Okay. Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jephehe: 8:56pm On Oct 31, 2019
If you've the fund pay the balance before kickstarting your course of action.

Obehi44:

Oh.. Okay
Please I will need your assistance on this.
I will appreciate.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by lynniebabes(f): 11:14pm On Oct 31, 2019
[i had same issue with Benin . I graduated from a private university there. So I had to go post bachelorette quote author=elijah101 post=83634217]Have evaluated any Benin republic private university certificate with any credential evaluating body .. please .. very urgent .. A friend would like to evaluate his masters from Estam University , Benin republic
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by engrrozay: 11:40pm On Oct 31, 2019
ralfudoh:
As soon as you acquire your acceptance letter from Conestoga college. Admissions for Fall 2020 isn't open yet, so you will have to wait till sometime around April 2020 for Winter 2021 admissions to be ready. I hope this helps.

Thanks I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 12:31am On Nov 01, 2019
Hello house... please I need your quick input on something that is baffling me. I want to apply for Study visa, is it a good thing to say you have someone or a family member that is a citizen or PR in Canada?... is it an advantage or disadvantage to have someone over there as family member?... Please help me o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Famouslabod(f): 5:35am On Nov 01, 2019
Weldone everyone, please I need advice.
I have my first degree in Computer engineering and masters in information sci @U.I. with a PhD grade.

I intend going for PhD at Canada. I have applied to some schools online for full scholarship (I'm too rich, so all I want is full scholarship).
I need someone to tell me what I'll still need if the admission clicks.

All I have now is just my international passport.
Someone should please orientate me .
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Famouslabod(f): 5:38am On Nov 01, 2019
Trump4ril:

Yes. In data science or information science

I have masters in information science.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 01, 2019
Obehi44:

Okay. Thanks so much

Hello Obehi,

Any idea idea how I can order my GCMS note?

How much and how long will it take.?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MUN19: 7:00am On Nov 01, 2019
People let’s share good news Biko, I’m tired of hearing GCMS note �

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tosinobikoya49: 7:05am On Nov 01, 2019
Good morning house I was at vfs yesterday to pick my passport after refusal and I was told the passport is still at the Canada visa office(Nairobi). I got the refusal mail oct 16 and I will be needing the passport for something important nov 8 please what can I do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by josiahese(m): 7:42am On Nov 01, 2019
Glasses1:
Hello house... please I need your quick input on something that is baffling me. I want to apply for Study visa, is it a good thing to say you have someone or a family member that is a citizen or PR in Canada?... is it an advantage or disadvantage to have someone over there as family member?... Please help me o

A VO sees all non immigrants as intended migrant except proven otherwise by your application and ties with Nigeria.
I believe it depends on the Visa Officer that reviews your application to decide, but however if you don't have strong ties to Nigeria, I would say don't include, if it's the US. They already see you going and never returning . Families ties in Canada too. I hope you understand.
All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MUN19: 7:46am On Nov 01, 2019
How do we tackle family ties and purpose of visa pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Trump4ril: 9:18am On Nov 01, 2019
Famouslabod:

Yes. In data science or information science

I have masters in information science.

Which school are you interested in?

I have someone that has M.sc in management and want to do PhD in management.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anamekele: 9:26am On Nov 01, 2019
Trump4ril:
Yes Concordia university civil engineering. Any good news?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 9:48am On Nov 01, 2019
Kjoy:

Hello Obehi,

Any idea idea how I can order my GCMS note?

How much and how long will it take.?

Thank you
Give me a buzz via email and I will give you the contact of the nice fellow that has help people on this thread.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NomzyJust(m): 10:02am On Nov 01, 2019
Are skills obtained outside Canada valuable in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Orlarshaynee: 10:19am On Nov 01, 2019
Another Update: first I’d like to give God super thanks for this house, and my friends and family who supported me through this period of waiting.

I just got a mail now; PASSPORT REQUEST (PPR). Wow. I’m in awe. I will be back to post my timeline and any tips I may have.

It was God, I kid you not.

TIMELINE BREAKDOWN OF ONLINE STUDY PERMIT

Date Applied: August 14 2019 (Online)
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission: August 14 2019
Biometrics Request: August 15 2019
Biometrics Completed: August 20 2019
Medical Request: October 01 2019
Medical Completed: October 09 2019
Medical Status Update: October 13 2019
Biometrics Validity Letter/Correspondence Letter: October 31 2019
Passport Request (PPR): November 01 2019

Kindly note that the following status did not change throughout my application process:
1. Background checks
2. Review of eligibilty

Programme applied for and offered admission in: Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain management (1 academic year duration)
Institution: Mohawk College

I have a BSc in Agricultural economics and farm management (Bowen University Iwo), and a MSc in Agricultural economics (Reading University).
I currently work with my family farm business; as a farm inventory manager.

Documents I submitted with my application:
1. Letter of acceptance from Mohawk College
2. MSc degree certificate and transcript
3. BSc degree certificate and transcript
4. NYSC certificate
5. WAEC certificate
6. Previous copies of travel stamps and visas to show travel history.
7. Statement of purpose/intent: I had to give a background of my work and academic history, and went further to explain how studying supply chain management would help build my skillsets and in turn help me when I return to the family business in Nigeria.
8. Sponsorship letter from my Dad.
9. Copy of sponsor passport data page
10. Proof of funds: This consisted of my dad’s statement of account, his landed properties, receipt of acceptance fee of $1600 paid to my school (I did not provide any personal proof of fund).
11. I also did not provide any letter of introduction from the family company, stating my salary. Although I did provide details of my employment status in the online IMM form.
12. The company’s CAC documents and audited account statement for last year were provided as well.

I arranged all the additional files into one pdf file and detailed it well with a table of content. A friend who also got approval before me advised this.

Above all be prayerful; be helpful to others, and I believe yours will come too. Again thanks a lot Nairaland family.

If anyone needs further clarification or assistance with their application, feel free to drop a message here, so everyone can benefit from it.

Best wishes.
Orlarshaynee:
Update: As I finished posting the previous message, I got an email from CIC to check my online app. I did and saw a biometric correspondence letter. I’m just hoping for the best. My application is currently over 8 weeks.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bimmy35: 10:30am On Nov 01, 2019
Orlarshaynee:
Another Update: first I’d like to give God super thanks for this house, and my friends and family who supported me through this period of waiting.

I just got a mail now; PASSPORT REQUEST (PPR). Wow. I’m in awe. I will be back to post my timeline and any tips I may have.

It was God I kid you not.

Congrats, November is looking great already. Pray more of this to come this month.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mandyknows: 10:38am On Nov 01, 2019
Congratulations

Orlarshaynee:
I just got a mail now; PASSPORT REQUEST (PPR). Wow. I’m in awe. I will be back to post my timeline and any tips I may have. It was God I kid you not.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ginaruby: 10:58am On Nov 01, 2019
Orlarshaynee:

It was God I kid you not.

Wow, congratulations, as I tap into this grace.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nneteb(f): 10:58am On Nov 01, 2019
Congratulation... so you had two applications?
Bimmy35:

Congrats, November is looking great already. Pray more of this to come this month.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sammyfrance23: 1:19pm On Nov 01, 2019
Orlarshaynee:

Kindly note that the following status did not change throughout my application process:
1. Background checks
2. Review of eligibilty

Programme applied for and offered admission in: Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain management (1 academic year duration)

I have a BSc in Agricultural economics and farm management (Bowen University Iwo), and a MSc in Agricultural economics (Reading University).

4. NYSC certificate
5. WAEC certificate
7. Statement of purpose/intent: I had to give a background of my work and academic history, and went further to explain how studying supply chain management would help build my skillsets and in turn help me when I return to the family business in Nigeria.
10. Proof of funds: This consisted of my dad’s statement of account, his landed properties, receipt of acceptance fee of $1600 paid to my school (I did not provide any personal proof of fund).
11. I also did not provide any letter of introduction from the family company, stating my salary. Although I did provide details of my employment status in the online IMM form.
12. The company’s CAC documents and audited account statement for last year were provided as well.

I arranged all the additional files into one pdf file and detailed it well with a table of content. A friend who also got approval before me advised this.

Above all be prayerful; be helpful to others, and I believe yours will come too. Again thanks a lot Nairaland family.

If anyone needs further clarification or assistance with their application, feel free to drop a message here, so everyone can benefit from it.

Best wishes.

Congrats, I pray for favor for every intending applicants.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 01, 2019
Obehi44:

Give me a buzz via email and I will give you the contact of the nice fellow that has help people on this thread.

Sent you a buzz. Please check your email.

Thanks again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Engrphilips: 1:42pm On Nov 01, 2019
Hello house, please I need list of schools I can apply to for MSC in Civil Engineering. I want school that admission is like 90% sure. Please if any one has an ideal about it should please assist me with their names.
Thanks and God bless.
One love.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by maxwelldexter: 1:43pm On Nov 01, 2019
ORLARSHAYNEE, good day pls Can I have ur email ,would like.to.verify few things from you, thanks, this is mine anoziemaxwell1983@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by maxwelldexter: 1:47pm On Nov 01, 2019
sammyfrance23:

Congrats, I pray for favor for every intending applicants.
good day pls can I v ur email?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MUN19: 1:49pm On Nov 01, 2019
Congratulations ��� is all we will be hearing from this 1st day of November till forever concerning our study permits. ���
Orlarshaynee:

1. Background checks
2. Review of eligibilty

4. NYSC certificate
5. WAEC certificate

Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Yk45: 1:53pm On Nov 01, 2019
Congratulations.

Orlarshaynee:

1. Background checks
2. Review of eligibilty

4. NYSC certificate
5. WAEC certificate

Best wishes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.