Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022563 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by zamony: 1:55pm On Nov 01, 2019
Congratulations to you

Orlarshaynee:
Another Update: first I’d like to give God super thanks for this house, and my friends and family who supported me through this period of waiting.

I just got a mail now; PASSPORT REQUEST (PPR). Wow. I’m in awe. I will be back to post my timeline and any tips I may have.

It was God, I kid you not.

TIMELINE BREAKDOWN OF ONLINE STUDY PERMIT

Date Applied: August 14 2019 (Online)
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission: August 14 2019
Biometrics Request: August 15 2019
Biometrics Completed: August 20 2019
Medical Request: October 01 2019
Medical Completed: October 09 2019
Medical Status Update: October 13 2019
Biometrics Validity Letter/Correspondence Letter: October 31 2019
Passport Request (PPR): November 01 2019

Kindly note that the following status did not change throughout my application process:
1. Background checks
2. Review of eligibilty

Programme applied for and offered admission in: Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain management (1 academic year duration)
Institution: Mohawk College

I have a BSc in Agricultural economics and farm management (Bowen University Iwo), and a MSc in Agricultural economics (Reading University).
I currently work with my family farm business; as a farm inventory manager.

Documents I submitted with my application:
1. Letter of acceptance from Mohawk College
2. MSc degree certificate and transcript
3. BSc degree certificate and transcript
4. NYSC certificate
5. WAEC certificate
6. Previous copies of travel stamps and visas to show travel history.
7. Statement of purpose/intent: I had to give a background of my work and academic history, and went further to explain how studying supply chain management would help build my skillsets and in turn help me when I return to the family business in Nigeria.
8. Sponsorship letter from my Dad.
9. Copy of sponsor passport data page
10. Proof of funds: This consisted of my dad’s statement of account, his landed properties, receipt of acceptance fee of $1600 paid to my school (I did not provide any personal proof of fund).
11. I also did not provide any letter of introduction from the family company, stating my salary. Although I did provide details of my employment status in the online IMM form.
12. The company’s CAC documents and audited account statement for last year were provided as well.

I arranged all the additional files into one pdf file and detailed it well with a table of content. A friend who also got approval before me advised this.

Above all be prayerful; be helpful to others, and I believe yours will come too. Again thanks a lot Nairaland family.

If anyone needs further clarification or assistance with their application, feel free to drop a message here, so everyone can benefit from it.

Best wishes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MUN19: 2:10pm On Nov 01, 2019
CONGRATULATIONS... pls which one is the additional files, is it the same with Client information/ Optional documents? Pls urgent answers. .
Orlarshaynee:
Another Update: first I’d like to give God super thanks for this house, and my friends and family who supported me through this period of waiting.

I just got a mail now; PASSPORT REQUEST (PPR). Wow. I’m in awe. I will be back to post my timeline and any tips I may have.

Kindly note that the following status did not change throughout my application process:
1. Background checks
2. Review of eligibilty

Programme applied for and offered admission in: Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain management (1 academic year duration)

I have a BSc in Agricultural economics and farm management (Bowen University Iwo), and a MSc in Agricultural economics (Reading University).

4. NYSC certificate
5. WAEC certificate
7. Statement of purpose/intent: I had to give a background of my work and academic history, and went further to explain how studying supply chain management would help build my skillsets and in turn help me when I return to the family business in Nigeria.
10. Proof of funds: This consisted of my dad’s statement of account, his landed properties, receipt of acceptance fee of $1600 paid to my school (I did not provide any personal proof of fund).
11. I also did not provide any letter of introduction from the family company, stating my salary. Although I did provide details of my employment status in the online IMM form.
12. The company’s CAC documents and audited account statement for last year were provided as well.

I arranged all the additional files into one pdf file and detailed it well with a table of content. A friend who also got approval before me advised this.

Above all be prayerful; be helpful to others, and I believe yours will come too. Again thanks a lot Nairaland family.

If anyone needs further clarification or assistance with their application, feel free to drop a message here, so everyone can benefit from it.

Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Orlarshaynee: 2:30pm On Nov 01, 2019
Yes, under the optional document slot was where I put the additional documents. However, for proof of funds, I put sponsor's statement of account, sponsorship letter, sponsor's passport bio-data page, company documents and landed properties in the slot provided for PROOF OF FUNDS. I hope this helps.
MUN19:
CONGRATULATIONS... pls which one is the additional files, is it the same with Client information/ Optional documents? Pls urgent answers. .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sophiesteve: 2:30pm On Nov 01, 2019
Wow congratulations.
Please what did you use as home ties

More TRV success by Gods grace

Orlarshaynee:

1. Background checks
2. Review of eligibilty

4. NYSC certificate
5. WAEC certificate

Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MUN19: 2:37pm On Nov 01, 2019
Yes it really does.. thanks a lot
Orlarshaynee:
Yes, under the optional document slot was where I put the additional documents. However, for proof of funds, I put sponsor's statement of account, sponsorship letter, sponsor's passport bio-data page, company documents and landed properties in the slot provided for PROOF OF FUNDS. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 3:10pm On Nov 01, 2019
Orlarshaynee:

1. Background checks
2. Review of eligibilty

4. NYSC certificate
5. WAEC certificate

Best wishes.

Congrats

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Orlarshaynee: 3:44pm On Nov 01, 2019
Home ties was basically the family farm business, as I said I would be more than happy to return at the end of my study to Nigeria, so I can apply the practical knowledge I would have gained to the farm business.

Also, I mentioned in the concluding aspect of my SOP, that my parents will be retiring from the business in a couple of years, and will be handing over the operations to me.

Finally, I had to spell it out to the visa officer (also in the conclusion), that I have no intentions of over staying my validity period in Canada, similar to my time studying in the UK(which of course is very true; I can not goan hang in another man's country cheesy).

I hope this was helpful.
Sophiesteve:
Wow congratulations.
Please what did you use as home ties

More TRV success by Gods grace

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Doyindre: 4:20pm On Nov 01, 2019
Please, if you get a correspondence letter before medical request. What does that implies?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KrystalDesign: 4:56pm On Nov 01, 2019
Please I want to ask if there is a particular paper or section, maybe the contract part showing names or the plan view.. needed from a land document or you have to scan all the papers and attach?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by IboBoyNuel(m): 5:10pm On Nov 01, 2019
Good evening All. Thanks to All who contribute positively to the thread. God bless you. Please i have questions.

I graduated from the FUTO with a 2.2 degree in Agricultural economics. I'm looking to do a PGD in project management before i do masters.

I want to ask, is it advisable i do 1 year pgd program? Because i want to apply for may session and it's only 1 year programs I'm seeing.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 5:39pm On Nov 01, 2019
IboBoyNuel:
Good evening All. Thanks to All who contribute positively to the thread. God bless you. Please i have questions.

I graduated from the FUTO with a 2.2 degree in Agricultural economics. I'm looking to do a PGD in project management before i do masters.

I want to ask, is it advisable i do 1 year pgd program? Because i want to apply for may session and it's only 1 year programs I'm seeing.

Thank you
There are 2yr post graduate courses. Word of advice project management is too basic and you'll most likely be flagged based on "Purpose of visit" (VO not seeing any logical reason for embarking on a program that could otherwise be done locally in Nigeria in the form of a degree or professional certificate) also try a Graduate Certificate program. Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by zamony: 5:45pm On Nov 01, 2019
When did you apply and when did you got the correspondence letter

Doyindre:
Please, if you get a correspondence letter before medical request. What does that implies?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by IboBoyNuel(m): 6:26pm On Nov 01, 2019
Qudkom:

There are 2yr post graduate courses. Word of advice project management is too basic and you'll most likely be flagged based on "Purpose of visit" (VO not seeing any logical reason for embarking on a program that could otherwise be done locally in Nigeria in the form of a degree or professional certificate) also try a Graduate Certificate program. Cheers

Okay. Thanks. So you advice i apply for a graduate certificate for September?

Also, please do i have more to gain when i apply for a 2 years program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ginaruby: 6:52pm On Nov 01, 2019
Doyindre:
Please, if you get a correspondence letter before medical request. What does that imply?

It means the application will most likely be rejected.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 6:54pm On Nov 01, 2019
IboBoyNuel:

Okay. Thanks. So you advice i apply for a graduate certificate for September?

Also, please do i have more to gain when i apply for a 2 years program?
Yes you gain 3yrs PGWP(Post graduate Work Permit). Going for a 1yr work permit will give you 1yr PGWP

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 6:54pm On Nov 01, 2019
The recent federal election in Canada saw a Liberal minority government elected to power. This is great news of aspiring immigrants and it means the Liberals will continue to have an open borders policy in order to acquire skilled immigrants to be a part of Canadian society.

Here is a highlight of what to expect in this term:

1) Immigration Targets will rise:
A rise in the targets usually implies a decrease in eligibility criteria. However, in the past this has not been the case. When the Liberals declared an increase in the immigration numbers in late 2017, there was a corresponding increase in number of applicants and thus an increase in minimum requirements.

2) More Provincial Nomination Programs will be launched
Due to the success of previous PNP programs, the Liberal government will encourage provinces to play a bigger role in selecting immigrants.

3) More Government funding for settling immigrants
The Liberal government has always been committed to helping new immigrants get settled. This term will most likely see an increasing in budget for settlement of new immigrants in order to help them get jobs and start their new life in Canada.

4) Easier to become a Canadian citizen
The Government has long indicated a need to reduce application fees for citizenship. Thus once you become a permanent resident of Canada, it will consequently become easier to be a citizen for you and your family.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 6:58pm On Nov 01, 2019
Doyindre:
With recent trends it is most likely a refusal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kaze4blues(m): 7:05pm On Nov 01, 2019
I am trying to apply for an undergraduate program in Canada.

However, I am confused on which course to select. I have a science background here in Nigeria.

Someone advised I opt for engineering courses including electrical or systems engineering.

I am personally looking at computer/IT related courses.

I have also heard about medical disciplines like nursing and how it is easy to get jobs.

Please I need inputs from experienced people in here.

Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by geotherm: 7:24pm On Nov 01, 2019

Pastor & Mrs. Johnson George

Cell: 586-Bleep-xxxx
Email: george@cpbc-inc.org
Office Hours: 9:am - 1:00pm (Tuesday - Friday)

https://cpbc-inc.org/INT/pastor.html

Be warned and beware of a church named Canada Pentecostal Bible church. This church is not in existence in Canada. Someone has been using that name and most likely a fake website to swindle many Nigerian pastors. Giving them offer letters

Immediately I saw the offer letter from a friend I knew it was fake. I had to investigate. That cell number on the website belongs to a pastor who lives in the USA. He is worried that some unscrupulous individuals are using his number and a fake name to swindle pastors from Nigeria.

Please spread the message and be warned. A friend fail for it and spent a lot of money. He did phone call interview, got offer letter and signed contract. All fake.

Please beware don't let desperation cloud your judgment. Anyone demanding money for job is not genuine. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Xenyth(m): 7:54pm On Nov 01, 2019
Hello house. will I have to provide any form of proof of fund if my supervisor is offering me full funding with tuition fee cover and a stipend of 25000CAD per year which is more than what I need in a year?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by josiahese(m): 8:21pm On Nov 01, 2019
[quote author=kaze4blues post=83661932]I am trying to apply for an undergraduate program in Canada.

However, I am confused on which course to select. I have a science background here in Nigeria.

Someone advised I opt for engineering courses including electrical or systems engineering.

I am personally looking at computer/IT related courses.

I have also heard about medical disciplines like nursing and how it is easy to get jobs.

Please I need inputs from experienced people in here.

I would advise you go for Nursing.
It's all 100

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MUN19: 8:48pm On Nov 01, 2019
Guys I need very urgent answer to this, for online application it’s just 3 forms we are to fill right?
IMM 1294e
IMM 5645e
IMM 5257b

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MUN19: 8:50pm On Nov 01, 2019
Then only Digital Photo should be in JPG, the rest document in PDF files right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by holllowu: 9:01pm On Nov 01, 2019
Congrats ooo
Orlarshaynee:

1. Background checks
2. Review of eligibilty

4. NYSC certificate
5. WAEC certificate

Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Whitehope001: 10:11pm On Nov 01, 2019
Boss abeg my trv was denied how do I order my gcms note?

OB411:
Somebody Help !!

I have applied for refund of money paid to SAIT after being rejected twice for TRV and I was given a max of six week for me to receive the cash in my bank account, since Aug 3 am still waiting...na so e dey be ??

What do I do? I need to pursue someother endeavour.

I need advice on this matter please.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jopppp74: 10:14pm On Nov 01, 2019
Just got my refusal letter. Do I still need to order gcms note?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Doyindre: 10:16pm On Nov 01, 2019
zamony:
When did you apply and when did you got the correspondence letter

Biometric was done oct 21st. Application submitted oct 8
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Whitehope001: 10:18pm On Nov 01, 2019
Obehi44:

Give me a buzz via email and I will give you the contact of the nice fellow that has help people on this thread.

Please I also want to order oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Whitehope001: 10:36pm On Nov 01, 2019
Please how do I order my gcms note.. Please help

holllowu:
GCMS has arrive, as usual same story

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by thesvnflwr(f): 10:39pm On Nov 01, 2019
Please can anyone tell me the process for upfront medical? What do I have to do?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chucs: 1:21am On Nov 02, 2019
Goodmorning everyone. Please pardon me if my question may seem like i'm drawing anyone backwards. It is as a result of how urgent I needed the information.

Please I want to know if a family friend can sponsor me for a Canadian study program? He lives in Uk and he is a citizen.

I also want to know if he can sponsor two persons at ones.
I will really be glad to get a favourable reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by yacha77: 1:21am On Nov 02, 2019
opeey:
how can i get ur contact. I already send u mail
I wanna believe I replied you....

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.