Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,980 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (439) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022900 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 6:09pm On Dec 10, 2019
Godiswonderful:
)undergraduate)To be honest I need your preference on a good not too expensive university with good cost of living and I was thinking University of Prince Edward Island ...I’m very confused please help your suggestions would be appreciated please

Memorial University
University of Alberta
University of Saskatchewan
University of Manitoba
Brandon University
University of Winnipeg
University of Regina
McEwan University
Etc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 6:15pm On Dec 10, 2019
DaddyNimo:
so my wife still has her maiden name on her intl passport, but she has done her change of name and newspaper publication documents to her married name. I wanna ask please what name should she use during school application? the maiden name on her passport or the married name and attach marriage cert and change of name affidavit to the passport.
swift reply needed pls thanks fam.

Hello DaddyNimo,

What's the name on her admission letter and when did she do her change of name? This would enable the house advise you better.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Godiswonderful: 6:17pm On Dec 10, 2019
God bless you
JustMellow:

The cost of living in BC is high but the tuition cost is moderate, hence not an expensive school. In SFU, domestic and international student pay same tuition fees(am sure of this for Graduate programs). For the fees contact the international office or admission office. They would send you an accessible link.

N.B: fees always varies by courses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Godiswonderful: 6:17pm On Dec 10, 2019
Thank you
JustMellow:

Memorial University
University of Alberta
University of Saskatchewan
University of Manitoba
Brandon University
University of Winnipeg
University of Regina
McEwan University
Etc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sirromey(m): 7:10pm On Dec 10, 2019
Good day house. My Canadian visa application was rejected and the reasons given where home ties, employment and purpose of visit. I want to reapply by January but I am having an issue, the firm I used that I was working was an IT firm and I said I was a database instructor but the course I am going for is electronics and embedded systems development. In my new application how do I state that my job as a database administrator is relevant to my course of study?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Fortissimo502: 7:38pm On Dec 10, 2019
No nairalanders in Oshawa/UoIT/Durham?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by DaddyNimo(m): 7:57pm On Dec 10, 2019
JustMellow:

Hello DaddyNimo,

What's the name on her admission letter and when did she do her change of name? This would enable the house advise you better.
she just wanna start the process, haven't gotten the letter yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Cjleks: 8:38pm On Dec 10, 2019
GracefulG:
Good day everyone. I'm new to this forum . I Please is there anyone here who applied to memorial university for fall semester 2020? I did, about 2 weeks ago and I submitted all required documents for MSC program ( transcript , 2 appraisal letters and bsc certificate) I made sure my school forwarded the documents to their email but since then I have been checking my application status and it states there under the received box ; the dates when the appraisal letters were received but the other requirements no dates stated. I dont know how to really explain the page on here but it just summarises that application is incomplete until all documents are received . Now I am a bit worried, I am not sure I should do something or just wait . I already contacted my school to resend the documents and they did but still the page is the Same. Please i'ld really love to get suggestions or someone else's expeience thanks

The transcript must be sent via courier or through post. They won't acknowledge the one sent through email. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by electroTech: 9:07pm On Dec 10, 2019
Hi guys, I got a late admission and I emailed the graduate secretary requesting for deferral but here is the response I got.

Hi {Applicant},

In order to proceed with an entry term change, confirmation is required from your supervisor. I have spoken with {your supervisor} and he is unable to proceed with this request. I have copied {your supervisor} on this email.

What do you guys advice I should do from here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dekere: 9:52pm On Dec 10, 2019
Look at Applied Network Infrastructure and [b]System Administration [/b]with will tick the purpose of visit

Sirromey:
Good day house. My Canadian visa application was rejected and the reasons given where home ties, employment and purpose of visit. I want to reapply by January but I am having an issue, the firm I used that I was working was an IT firm and I said I was a database instructor but the course I am going for is electronics and embedded systems development. In my new application how do I state that my job as a [b]database administrator [/b]is relevant to my course of study?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sirromey(m): 10:13pm On Dec 10, 2019
I am reapplying for visa not reapplying for admission.
dekere:
Look at Applied Network Infrastructure and [b]System Administration [/b]with will tick the purpose of visit

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jogojogo: 10:46pm On Dec 10, 2019
Please how do request for my GCMS note?
Is ts by sending email to them or there is a portal designed for that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MOBAN444(m): 11:03pm On Dec 10, 2019
JustMellow:

How do you mean by not registered? Based on my personal knowledge, as long as it contains the signature and seal of the lawyer, its binding. I know many people who are success applicants with it.

"If" you have the funds for it, do.

Thanks alot brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chikaima18: 12:01am On Dec 11, 2019
Thank you

JustMellow:

Hello Chikaima18,

With the presented profile, financial status is good and your social home ties checks out good too. However, I don't think the issue came from your proposed course/program of study. In fact it correlates very much with your UG course. The thing to consider and the question to ask yourself was how did or were you able to relate your proposed course of study to your self-development rather than a career advancement since you already have 5yrs of experience in a different field. This boils down to how your study plan was detailed with the needed explanatory information. Same thing happened to the additional reasons.

This time around, do well to clarify how your intended course would advance your career since it relates with your work experience. Do well to state why you need such advancement at this point in time. Your kids don't need visa to enter Canada as US citizens. Also, Your EE account won't affect you applying via another account. It is best advised to include an SOP/LOE to provide better clarity about your proposed academic intention. It should be convincing and address any given concerns.

Good luck!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Duuzsz(m): 12:19am On Dec 11, 2019
JustMellow:

Hello Duuzsz,

Get your sponsor(parent) to make provision on how to show it in their own account or have it sent to yours.

N.B: its best advised that the closing balance should have extra amount if/when your tuition fees and LE has been removed.

Good luck

Thank you so much! God bless you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ChidimmaP: 7:44am On Dec 11, 2019
ChidimmaP:
No further mail after I got my BVL 5 days ago. I've still been unable to link my account online after following the instructions. It keeps telling me they can't find my account. What do I do now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 7:54am On Dec 11, 2019
jogojogo:
Please how do request for my GCMS note? Is ts by sending email to them or there is a portal designed for that?
just google it. There are many sites
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 8:39am On Dec 11, 2019
Sirromey:
I am reapplying for visa not reapplying for admission.
I guess he means you should get a new admission with either of those courses rather than using the one you had before. That way you will eliminate "purpose of visit" refusal reason.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ChidimmaP: 8:56am On Dec 11, 2019
I finally linked my account. Below are the messages I saw on my dashboard. Note I have received BVL... The BVL hasn't updated in my dashboard. It still tells me I don't need biometrics. What's the interpretation of this please

"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you"

Review of eligibility -
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results -
You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents -
We do not need additional documents.

Interview -
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics-
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check -
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision -
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by micluv111: 9:12am On Dec 11, 2019
ChidimmaP:
I finally linked my account. Below are the messages I saw on my dashboard. Note I have received BVL... The BVL hasn't updated in my dashboard. It still tells me I don't need biometrics. What's the interpretation of this please

"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you"

Review of eligibility -

Interview -

Biometrics-

Background check -
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision -
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Since you have received bvl 5 days ago without final decision up till now, not a good sign but be positive
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tba11(f): 10:52am On Dec 11, 2019
eightyeight:
Naijaforeigner

I got admission with Fanshawe for the may intake. Paid my first semester tuition through Flywire. Can i use the receipt from flywire to process my study visa or do i have to wait for one from the school? Thank you

Hello,
I got admission too for May intake 2020. Also, to answer your question, I used the receipt from flywire for my visa process, you don’t have to wait.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:04am On Dec 11, 2019
DaddyNimo:

she just wanna start the process, haven't gotten the letter yet.

As @Dekere mentioned, she should use the name on her passport to apply for the admission. However, the proof of change of name should be included in her application to show she is married.

With time, prior to PP renewal, she can easily change her last name with the proof of change of name to reflect in the new PP.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:09am On Dec 11, 2019
electroTech:
Hi guys, I got a late admission and I emailed the graduate secretary requesting for deferral but here is the response I got.

What do you guys advice I should do from here?

How late? You will surely get a response. As you wait, familiarize yourself with the school's policy regarding (late) deferrals.

Do also send emails to the international office or admission office. Either one of them would be swift with a feedback.

Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:14am On Dec 11, 2019
ChidimmaP:

Review of eligibility -

Interview -

Biometrics-

Background check -

Final decision -

A decision has ready been reached. Maybe there's a delay at their own end to update your account.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by electroTech: 11:20am On Dec 11, 2019
JustMellow:

How late? You will surely get a response. As you wait, familiarize yourself with the school's policy regarding (late) deferrals.

Do also send emails to the international office or admission office. Either one of them would be swift with a feedback.

Good luck
Thanks for your reply.
I have already emailed my department stating my intention to defer my admission. The message you quoted was the reply I got from the school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dheehour(m): 5:04pm On Dec 11, 2019
Anyone coming to University of Windsor for Winter 2020?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by GracefulG: 5:10pm On Dec 11, 2019
MUN19:
Did you provide all the required documents? Because if not it will show not complete
Hi, yes I did. I confirmed that my school sent my transcripts and certificate same day as my appraisal letters from my referees. But on the box in my status page, just the dates when the appraisal letters were received are there but the other documents , no dates .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by GracefulG: 5:11pm On Dec 11, 2019
JustMellow:

Hello GracefulG,

Send your query to gradapply@mun.ca. It will be attended to.

Also send same email to kshea@mun.ca. She will gladly help you figure what's wrong.

N.B: include your Name and Mun ID number.

Good luck

Hi, I just did . Thanks . Hopefully I get a reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by GracefulG: 5:59pm On Dec 11, 2019
Cjleks:

The transcript must be sent via courier or through post. They won't acknowledge the one sent through email. All the best.

Ok will try that . Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by IboBoyNuel(m): 6:14pm On Dec 11, 2019
I paid the deposit of 2300 CAD to centinnial college through WU Global Pay on the 4th of this month. The payment was complete when i tracked through Global Pay website. I haven't still gotten any response from the school regarding the admission letter. I have sent mails and they haven't responded to any.

Does it take this long??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eguoski: 6:36pm On Dec 11, 2019
My profile is also showing Same but mine is online application. I submitted since November 13 (4th week) i already a valid biometric
quote author=ChidimmaP post=84815070]I finally linked my account. Below are the messages I saw on my dashboard. Note I have received BVL... The BVL hasn't updated in my dashboard. It still tells me I don't need biometrics. What's the interpretation of this please

Review of eligibility -

Interview -

Biometrics-

Background check -

Final decision -
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jetline: 7:39pm On Dec 11, 2019
I am having issues with my CAQ application.
I was issued a CAQ early this year but my applied for study permit was delayed.I deferred the admission to Fall 2020 and applied for a fresh CAQ on the 21st of October 2019,made payment the same day and my online file was opened the next day.I sent all the required documents via DHL on 22/10/19. I tracked the package and it was received by one Mr. Xxxxxx in Quebec on 26/10/19.
I am surprised that my online account for the CAQ has not been updated to documents received since then( my earlier application this year was updated to "documents received" after 2 days of DHL delivery) and the application for CAQ has not been approved or denied.
What could be the problem? Gurus I need assistance plzzz.

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.