Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (441) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1028304 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Joydavid2000(m): 3:02pm On Dec 12, 2019
dare111:
[Thank you vrote author=Frankrobbn1 post=83173879]

It's quite dishearten that over my three years of existence on this thread, I haven't seen such high refusal rate as this during this period of time (September and October). My candid advice to applicants who have tried study permit twice or thrice and still got rejected of their visas, is to explore other options of migrating to Canada like the EXPRESS ENTRY, AIPP, PNP'S etc.... The time you will spend waiting for a study permit over and over and been denied on several trials is enough to prepare you to attain a great score for an IELTS exam, evaluate your transcipts via WES, obtain your work reference letters from past and previous employers, create an active profile, receive an invitation to apply and subsequently file for your Permanent Residency Application. The truth of the whole thing is that so many applicants aren't well informed about other programs and it's requirements that can successfully land them in Canada. Because of this, they thought that study permit is the only possible way of migrating to Canada, hence their restriction to it. The time is now, start browsing through the internet and take advantage of other exciting immigration programs too..... Come to think of it, do you know with a permanent residency visa you're entitled to several benefits which includes -

1 – YOU CAN LIVE AND WORK ANYWHERE IN CANADA
You will have the legal right to live and work anywhere in the country! If you start off in Montreal but you find a better job in Toronto, you will have every right to move. Permanent residents aren’t tied to a specific employer or a specific province unless you migrated through the PNP routes.

2 – YOU GET ACCESS TO UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE AND SOCIAL SERVICES
All permanent residents have access to Canada’s healthcare and social services. Canadian healthcare is universal, this means that you will have access to free medical care!

3 – YOU CAN SPONSOR YOUR SPOUSE AND CHILDREN
Once you are a permanent resident, you can apply to sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, and dependent children to join you in Canada. That said, if you immigrate through Express Entry, you can include your family on your initial application so you won’t have to sponsor them later on!

4 – YOU CAN BECOME A CANADIAN CITIZEN
Becoming a permanent resident is the first step to becoming a Canadian citizen. Once you’ve resided in Canada for three out of five years, you’ll be eligible to become a citizen!

5 – IT CAN’T BE TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU
Once you are a permanent resident, the status can’t be taken away from you, unless you commit a serious crime or you fail to meet your residency obligation. All permanent residents must stay in Canada for two out of every five years, otherwise they won’t be eligible to renew their status.

6. -- YOUR TUITION FEES WILL BE SAME AS A CANADIAN CITIZEN.
Once you're permanent residence holder you wouldn't pay exorbitant tuition fees like an international student.

Think twice guys! And do the right thing. Not everyone will migrate to Canada through the expensive route which is the study permit. Always remember to change the plan but, not the goal.

I wish you all the best!

Please what other means is available for someone who only have SSCE to get a permanent residence

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dekere: 3:20pm On Dec 12, 2019
He or she can apply for Advance Diploma in the below link

https://international.conestogac.on.ca/programs?keywords=&credentialFilterIds=X5&credentialFilterIds=80

space02:
Please house I need your candid advice on this issue.

My sister who is 22 years old just finished her OND from FEDPOEDE. I wish for her to seek study opportunity in Canada next year.

The total fund I have in my account is 7million naira only and a friend of mine in Canada has also promise to give her sponsorship letter.

Please does she stand a chnace of getting VO's positive approval given her age (22 years) and funding (7m cash and sponsorship letter from friend). Your responses will be highly appreciate.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Dbnagato: 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2019
Stevenssen:

Sorry. I would tell you to apply for your GCMS notes but that does not help these days.
I think CIC have probably reached a kind of quota for the year.
In my opinion, don't reapply this year.

What are you talking about quota? People are getting visa everyday.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Dbnagato: 4:03pm On Dec 12, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Congratulations! Kindly share your profile and the list of documents you submitted along side your application.

Timeline of Application:

Applied - 4th Nov
Medical Request - 21st Nov
Medical Done - 4th Dec
Medical Passed - 10th Dec
Passport Request - 11th Dec

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 4:03pm On Dec 12, 2019
Dbnagato:

What are you talking about quota? People are getting visa everyday.
Around April, it was like 50-50 approval and denial, now we see about 1 approval to 20 denials

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Dbnagato: 4:06pm On Dec 12, 2019
Stevenssen:

Around April, it was like 50-50 approval and denial, now we see about 1 approval to 20 denials

You're right. Anyone that wants to apply now should better hold their horses till January but that doesn't mean that those that already applied have no hope.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 4:18pm On Dec 12, 2019
That was quite fast.. can you share docs submitted, program and Uni... Thanks in advance...

Dbnagato:

of Application:

Applied - 4th Nov
Medical Done - 4th Dec
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 5:01pm On Dec 12, 2019
Dbnagato:

You're right. Anyone that wants to apply now should better hold their horses till January but that doesn't mean that those that already applied have no hope.
Congratulations bro.
@Stevenssen is right. You are lucky and a case of 1/20.
Let's hope it's true about the quota thing and hold on applying till next year.
As we can see the processing time is BTW 3-5weeks now. It seems they are already witnessing a drop in applications/applicant.
And like you said, those that already applied still have hope.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by slimmsyyetty: 5:05pm On Dec 12, 2019
JustMellow:

Hello Slimmsyyetty,

Either way is okay. It depends on your pocket budget. If you can valuate the property, then good and if not, don't stress over it. You can simply just notarize.

However, there have been quite convincing numbers of previous successful applicants who didn't notarize.

Good luck

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Piecoco: 5:10pm On Dec 12, 2019
What is the guarantee of one getting its visa after passing medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Cjleks: 5:27pm On Dec 12, 2019
Dbnagato:

Timeline of Application:

Applied - 4th Nov
Medical Done - 4th Dec

what course ate you going for and which school?

What are the documents you submitted?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 5:48pm On Dec 12, 2019
Joydavid2000:

Please what other means is available for someone who only have SSCE to get a permanent residence

The Altantic Immigration Pilot Program - AIPP and the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot Program - (RNIP) are the viable options for you to secure a permanent residence of Canada with an SSCE certification, a low proof of settlement funds and low IELTS score (4.0band). Having said that, these immigration pathways are employer's driven and will compulsorily require you to secure a job offer prior to be eligible to file for a permanent residency of Canada.

It will end in praises

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 5:59pm On Dec 12, 2019
Piecoco:
What is the guarantee of one getting its visa after passing medical?

There are no guarantees that you will get the visa after passing a medical exam that was requested by IRCC, as I have seen propsective applicants that were denied on serval occurrence on this subject matter. However, a wide range of research shows that getting a medical request is a positive sign that your chances of securing a TRV is high. Thus, you should exercise the spirit of optimism throughout the process.

It will end in praises
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Piecoco: 6:09pm On Dec 12, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

There are no guarantees that you will get the visa after passing a medical exam that was requested by IRCC, as I have seen propsective applicants that were denied on serval occurrence on this subject matter. However, a wide range of research shows that getting a medical request is a positive sign that your chances of securing a TRV is high. Thus, you should exercise the spirit of optimism throughout the process.

It will end in praises

Thank you bro, amen it will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Dbnagato: 6:10pm On Dec 12, 2019
Cjleks:

what course ate you going for and which school?

What are the documents you submitted?

Computer Science (B.Sc)
University of Regina
Docs:
All educational transcript
Birth Cert
Passport data page
Convincing SOP
Admission letter from School
Docs and Certificate to prove I attend the training institutes I talked about in my SOP
Acceptance fee payment Receipt
Passport photograph

Sponsor's Docs
Dad's Statement of Acct (Closing balance 10M)
SOA for Domiciliary Acct (Closing balance $8K)
Investment Docs Worth 11.5M
Land Docs (Deed of conveyance etc)
Our house pictures
Pictures of empty 1 plot of land my dad owns
Affidavit of Sponsorship
Sponsorship letter designating the yearly income expenditure for my studies (29k CAD) and also stating his yearly earnings.
His enterprise papers and tax clearance papers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Dbnagato: 6:12pm On Dec 12, 2019
Dbnagato:

Computer Science (B.Sc)
University of Regina
Docs:
All educational transcript
Birth Cert
Passport data page
Convincing SOP
Admission letter from School
Docs and Certificate to prove I attend the training institutes I talked about in my SOP
Acceptance fee payment Receipt
Passport photograph

Sponsor's Docs
Dad's Statement of Acct (Closing balance 10M)
SOA for Domiciliary Acct (Closing balance $8K)
Investment Docs Worth 11.5M
Land Docs (Deed of conveyance etc)
Our house pictures
Pictures of empty 1 plot of land my dad owns
Affidavit of Sponsorship
Sponsorship letter designating the yearly income expenditure for my studies (29k CAD) and also stating his yearly earnings.
His enterprise papers and tax clearance papers.

Mind you.. I have a 5 years study gap.
Don't always forget to include prayers and have faith.

It will end in praises.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 6:22pm On Dec 12, 2019
Obehi44:

Congratulations bro.
@Stevenssen is right. You are lucky and a case of 1/20.
Let's hope it's true about the quota thing and hold on applying till next year.
As we can see the processing time is BTW 3-5weeks now. It seems they are already witnessing a drop in applications/applicant.
And like you said, those that already applied still have hope.

Certainly it will get better next year.... Personally, I would strongly recommend applicants to file for their study visa applications between beginning of February - June 2020 against fall (September), 2020... During this period, I have noticed that there are huge number of approvals on this thread. Unlike those applying from End of June down to September....

Applicants that were refused lately, it's best you utilize this opportunity in 2020 by putting the above information into good practice.

It will end in praises.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Truthshurts: 6:34pm On Dec 12, 2019
Truthshurts:
Hello all
My client just got a refusal based on 2 reasons
1. That she won’t come back to Nigeria after her study and
2. She has family over there in which she dodent

What is the best next thing to do cause Canada is her only alternative.
Please reply
Thanks

Is there no one to prefer advice for this situation please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UrekMazino(m): 6:58pm On Dec 12, 2019
Hi everyone...
Want to apply for bachelor program and I would like to know what is needed. Thanks.
Pls take it easy with the savage replies if any. Done my research online n read the whole chapter 16.... but I believe it’s better to seek advice directly...
Peace...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 7:33pm On Dec 12, 2019
Truthshurts:

Is there no one to prefer advice for this situation please
Personally I have never seen or heard of these generic refusal reasons before. Unless maybe you are not typing the right refusal reasons. And I guess that's why many are confused.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 7:43pm On Dec 12, 2019
Obehi44:

Personally I have never seen or heard of these generic refusal reasons before. Unless maybe you are not typing the right refusal reasons. And I guess that's why many are confused.

Truthshurts:
Hello all
My client just got a refusal based on 2 reasons
1. That she won’t come back to Nigeria after her study and
2. She has family over there in which she dodent

What is the best next thing to do cause Canada is her only alternative.
Please reply
Thanks

The op is actually saying that his client was refused based on purpose of visit and home ties. He only paraphrased the refusal reason.

@Truthshurts, can you kindly share a detailed profile of your clients previous study visa application and the breakdown of the list of documents you submitted for your clients application. So we can pick it up from there and know how best to advice you for a successful application.

It will end in praises

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eguoski: 9:23pm On Dec 12, 2019
I reapplied online for study permit since 13th November 2019, up till now i have not received any update on my application. My status is still showing that my eligibility is under review. Tomorrow will make it a month. Should I be worried?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 9:35pm On Dec 12, 2019
eguoski:
I reapplied online for study permit since 13th November 2019, up till now i have not received any update on my application. My status is still showing that my eligibility is under review. Tomorrow will make it a month. Should I be worried?
NO. Be hopeful and prayerful.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eddyme(m): 9:47pm On Dec 12, 2019
Yea but is cheap because you only need to make the first semester and you should be good to go
Godiswonderful:
Hmm quite strange only tuition is 14k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eddyme(m): 9:48pm On Dec 12, 2019
Okay what do you want to know
Happy to help out
Zika123:
Please I need your help on how you you did the requirement and all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eddyme(m): 9:51pm On Dec 12, 2019
Yea, but the admin officer said no full ride but there is 3k maximum scholarship, we are waiting for brandon before making the final choice,

We plan on paying first semester as that will help out to secure visa and he is young, about 21 next year.
JustMellow:

In most Canadian universities, tuition fees varies, depending on the course. However, a full funding or scholarship can only be awarded if the student meets certain requirement.

To the bolded, it depends on the department. Your brother's best bet would be to apply for scholarship if the idea is to get one when already studying.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Godiswonderful: 10:28pm On Dec 12, 2019
This is the only way to get that 3k you are talking about just asked
eddyme:
Yea, but the admin officer said no full ride but there is 3k maximum scholarship, we are waiting for brandon before making the final choice,

We plan on paying first semester as that will help out to secure visa and he is young, about 21 next year.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UrsyBC: 10:48pm On Dec 12, 2019
U P D A T E !

My application was approved and passport requested on the 7th of November. I mailed it to them and an acknowledgement was received on the 14th. Since then, my passport has been under process at IRCC and program start date is just 3 weeks away.

I mailed the Nairobi office to express my concerns and sent a CSO to Lagos office but there was no response. A week later, I sent another mail and they responded on Tuesday, 10th Dec.

Can someone guess the response?

I was asked to provide through email, the statement of the account that i submitted, from Sept 2018 to Sept 2019. In order words, after approval and passport request, IRCC Lagos office requested for a one-year statement of the account that I submitted in my application. They asked me to submit before 12th, Dec.and instructed that the statement shows my name, number, available balance, debits and credits.

I went to the bank same day, printed and forwarded to them as instructed. An auto acknowledgement was received and yesterday, a final decision was dispatched in my favour.

It has ended in praises!

Special thanks to @frankrobbn1 for calming my nerves during this long wait.

To a brother found on this thread @bimmy35, you've been a source of encouragement. See you in two weeks!

To all hopefuls herein, do your best and hang in there. TRV must follow you.

It's not yet over until it's over. Don't just read this post. Digest it and reason the VOs intentions for the delay. Self sponsorship with multiple evidence of a meagre salary and unmatching closing balance was almost a red flag. I had explained the steady source of other funds which they likely doubted. With God, I was a step ahead and my one year statement vindicated me. No lump sum over the past one year and available balance increased substantially from what it was when I submitted my application.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eddyme(m): 11:22pm On Dec 12, 2019
This is so cool and if one is able to get 7.0 on IELT and also have the certificate on web development and Adobe Photoshop certificate, will the person get employment

Frankrobbn1:

The Altantic Immigration Pilot Program - AIPP and the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot Program - (RNIP) are the viable options for you to secure a permanent residence of Canada with an SSCE certification, a low proof of settlement funds and low IELTS score (4.0band). Having said that, these immigration pathways are employer's driven and will compulsorily require you to secure a job offer prior to be eligible to file for a permanent residency of Canada.

It will end in praises
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Francejaik(m): 12:00am On Dec 13, 2019
UrsyBC:
U P D A T E !

My application was approved and passport requested on the 7th of November. I mailed it to them and an acknowledgement was received on the 14th. Since then, my passport has been under process at IRCC and program start date is just 3 weeks away.

I mailed the Nairobi office to express my concerns and sent a CSO to Lagos office but there was no response. A week later, I sent another mail and they responded on Tuesday, 10th Dec.

Can someone guess the response?

I was asked to provide through email, the statement of the account that i submitted, from Sept 2018 to Sept 2019. In order words, after approval and passport request, IRCC Lagos office requested for a one-year statement of the account that I submitted in my application. They asked me to submit before 12th, Dec.and instructed that the statement shows my name, number, available balance, debits and credits.

I went to the bank same day, printed and forwarded to them as instructed. An auto acknowledgement was received and yesterday, a final decision was dispatched in my favour.

It has ended in praises!

Special thanks to @frankrobbn1 for calming my nerves during this long wait.

To a brother found on this thread @bimmy35, you've been a source of encouragement. See you in two weeks!

To all hopefuls herein, do your best and hang in there. TRV must follow you.

It's not yet over until it's over. Don't just read this post. Digest it and reason the VOs intentions for the delay. Self sponsorship with multiple evidence of a meagre salary and unmatching closing balance was almost a red flag. I had explained the steady source of other funds which they likely doubted. With God, I was a step ahead and my one year statement vindicated me. No lump sum over the past one year and available balance increased substantially from what it was when I submitted my application.

Congratulations buddy.

This is a Christmas gift

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.