Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,020 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (453) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1018535 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 9:20pm On Dec 24, 2019
I will advise u come over to Lagos and do it for 5k at most.. They cant do ur Police clearance certificate in Abuja, they will have to transport it to Alagbon in lagos and take it back to Abuja, maybe that is the reason why they are asking for 50k.. So if u can come to Lagos and do it at Alagbon at 5k or less, guess that will be okay for u.. 5OK is just too much for police clearance that only have 3 month validity.. Peace
IboBoyNuel:

Please who knows where i can get police clearance certificate in Abuja and how much it costs? Cause i don't understand this 50k they are telling me to pay.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 9:22pm On Dec 24, 2019
Is Monday a public holiday? if no, then they will open.. Peace
kennykentipsy:
Good ebening

Does anyone know if VFS will be opened on Monday 30 for biometrics..??
I checked their website only got info for Christmas eve and new year eve that they'll close by 2pm.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 11:59pm On Dec 24, 2019
Lol... have you done the calculation of Tfare from Abuja to Lagos and vice versa??... if he takes flight, its def more than 50k plus the fact that he'll still pay for the clearance at alagbon (at least 5k without connect)... if he enters public transport, he'll pay for hotel cos he can definitely not get it done and return to abj same day (tfare + stress + hotel + clearance + tfare + road stress)... its not worth it...

I dont think Police clearance is compulsory las las... maybe the gurus in the house can help out.. cheers

makano:
I will advise u come over to Lagos and do it for 5k at most.. They cant do ur Police clearance certificate in Abuja, they will have to transport it to Alagbon in lagos and take it back to Abuja, maybe that is the reason why they are asking for 50k.. So if u can come to Lagos and do it at Alagbon at 5k or less, guess that will be okay for u.. 5OK is just too much for police clearance that only have 3 month validity.. Peace

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ifakiland(m): 1:08am On Dec 25, 2019
Glasses1:
Lol... have you done the calculation of Tfare from Abuja to Lagos and vice versa??... if he takes flight, its def more than 50k plus the fact that he'll still pay for the clearance at alagbon (at least 5k without connect)... if he enters public transport, he'll pay for hotel cos he can definitely not get it done and return to abj same day (tfare + stress + hotel + clearance + tfare + road stress)... its not worth it...

I dont think Police clearance is compulsory las las... maybe the gurus in the house can help out.. cheers

Like seriously I guess it's your business so you have to support such payments. You'd pay 50k in Abuja for something that's 5k in Lagos cos of stress Abuja to Lagos is 6k the young motors....hotel 3k (it's just to sleep and wake up) tfare to alagbon 1k, 5k for certificate, 1k for food, 1k tfare bk to hotel, hotel 3k, lag to Abj 7k..... End of story. 100 parasol. Total of 29k.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 6:27am On Dec 25, 2019
Lmao.. my business?? Lool... I stopped reading at "Hotel 3k" in lagos? May we not suffer... I leave in peace.. Cheers!

Ifakiland:

Like seriously I guess it's your business so you have to support such payments. You'd pay 50k in Abuja for something that's 5k in Lagos cos of stress Abuja to Lagos is 6k the young motors....hotel 3k (it's just to sleep and wake up) tfare to alagbon 1k, 5k for certificate, 1k for food, 1k tfare bk to hotel, hotel 3k, lag to Abj 7k..... End of story. 100 parasol. Total of 29k.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by IboBoyNuel(m): 6:38am On Dec 25, 2019
makano:

Thanks. I finally did it yesterday. Someone here gave me a contact and i did it at a more about. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 7:46am On Dec 25, 2019
I applied from Abuja without police character certificate and still got an approval. Its not compulsory

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Dbnagato: 8:13am On Dec 25, 2019
Glasses1:
Lmao.. my business?? Lool... I stopped reading at "Hotel 3k" in lagos? May we not suffer... I leave in peace.. Cheers!

May we really not suffer.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Dbnagato: 8:15am On Dec 25, 2019
Glasses1:
Please O house... have they closed for the year at the Kenyan embassy?? This one that no news is coming on VISA?...

grin grin APPROVAL ALERT!!! Came in Yesterday.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 10:11am On Dec 25, 2019
Finally Ooo.. congrats bro... Christmas Gift came early for you...

Please share your timeline...

Dbnagato:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Godiswonderful: 10:27am On Dec 25, 2019
Congratulations brother Go and succeed
Dbnagato:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by emeify1: 10:28am On Dec 25, 2019
Does medical request come with 2 emails from cic? Do they attach instructions and passports in different emails?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 10:40am On Dec 25, 2019
Did you receive one that you are scared to open??

When did you receive it?... I have no idea but i'll say open it in peace...

Best of luck!

emeify1:
Does medical request come with 2 emails from cic? Do they attach instructions and passports in different emails?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:32am On Dec 25, 2019
oikotas44:

Hello
Please I really need assistance in the Canada Study procedure.
I have a 3.24GPA in Civil Engineering and I want to apply for Post Graduate in related course befoRe I can proceed for masters. I do not know how to go about it at all. Thanks for your prompt response.

Hello Oikotas44,

The first important step is to search for schools that offers your choice course in either PGD/C. Then make shortlist of your preferred schools then check the schools program requirements and contact the graduate secretary or administrative secretary to inquire or get more clarification. Then put your documents together, apply and pay the application. If your application is successful, you will be issued an admission letter to apply for your visa.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:44am On Dec 25, 2019
Godiswonderful:
Justmellow sad

Hello Godiswonderful,

Why the sad face?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AlFath(m): 12:37pm On Dec 25, 2019
Dbnagato:

Congrats!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Francejaik(m): 3:15pm On Dec 25, 2019
Dbnagato:

Wow, what a Christmas gift. Congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by afislonge(m): 5:54pm On Dec 25, 2019
Compliment of the season

Kindly assist, am applying to Durham college for Data Analytics for Business Decision Making (graduate certificate). I have Bsc in computer science but part of the application is to upload high school transcript (result & scratch card) & diploma. My question is
1. high school transcript (result & scratch card) : Will waec result h]and scratch card suffice
2. diploma or proof of graduation: will sch testimonial suffice.

Though you can complete the application without supplying the above

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Godiswonderful: 5:54pm On Dec 25, 2019
Merry Christmas brother
The whole Canadian process angry
JustMellow:

Hello Godiswonderful,

Why the sad face?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zika123: 6:47pm On Dec 25, 2019
Hello am in this category but I was denied UK visa twice last year,though I have travel history I want to study In Canada I need a school for bachelors degree
Naijaforeigner:

The only thing I will advise is for you to tell your TRUTH with a letter of explanation to the visa officer.

The good thing is you are using your own SOA so you can also apply for UK UG admission and process the visa for both Canada and UK.

I was 27 years when I went for undergraduate studies in UK with NO travel history (fresh passport) and from UK moved to Canada. No one can tell you about your chances but you will never know until you try.

I wish you all the best.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zika123: 6:51pm On Dec 25, 2019
I need help for school and how to apply
Greatadams:

Advise On How To Be To Apply For Both USA And CANADA Visa In Year 2020
So I have applied to schools in the USA(4 schools)and Canada (2 schools) gotten admission from one school in USA and one CANADA more admission to come from the USA cause I pretty much decided on the one I have gotten admission from in Canada so my issue now is how am able to apply for Canada visa and u.s visa in space of probably March to July cause resumption by September and be able to get a good chance of getting both I don’t wish visa will come first I don’t just want to put all my eggs in one basket cause am being advise to rest about the u.s and just apply for the Canada
P.s undergraduate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by souljaboi51(m): 10:54pm On Dec 25, 2019
Hi, have you applied to Memorial uni? Im looking to apply too.
NwanyiOkpa:
Has anyone applied to memorial university of University of New Brunswick and have been given admission? Please, I need guidance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 11:51pm On Dec 25, 2019
Hi buddy... any update on this?

emeify1:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ifakiland(m): 12:19am On Dec 26, 2019
Glasses1:

Yes dummy, he's supposed to lodge at a 5 star hotel cos he wants to come to Lagos and process a 5k document....you seem to lack basic economic intelligence. Eyes on the goal not the luxury on the way. Why come from Abuja to Lagos and stay in a 40k a night hotel to get a document worth 5k....smh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 6:43am On Dec 26, 2019
Lol... *Ignored*

Ifakiland:

Yes dummy, he's supposed to lodge at a 5 star hotel cos he wants to come to Lagos and process a 5k document....you seem to lack basic economic intelligence. Eyes on the goal not the luxury on the way. Why come from Abuja to Lagos and stay in a 40k a night hotel to get a document worth 5k....smh

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Pseermuhel(m): 8:00am On Dec 26, 2019
Please house help me on this.

I've been on my application for visa for a while now. I got admitted into UoM with a funding of 18,400$ per year and my school fees was slashed to 4,500$ from 12,400$. I have the following documents on ground

1. Visa Application Form
2. Family Application Form
3. Checklist
4. Admission Letter
5. Letter of Support from Supervisor
6. Study Plan
7. Medical Certificate
8. Police Certificate
9. University Certificate, WAEC and Transcripts.
10. Certifications of my Online Courses and Trainings
11. Land Documents and Affidavit that I have right to my Late Dad Properties.
12. Me and my Siblings Birth Certificates
13. NYSC deployment letter
14. International Passport and my two passports photographs
15. Previous Travel stamps

However I have no other source of funding. The funding source I currently have a transaction of 40million in the past 6 months but the balance in the account is 700,000naira.

Please I need help on this. God bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Wifefo88: 9:10am On Dec 26, 2019
Good day please how was ur admission process to centennial college like..how long did it take b4 u were given admission and did u pay any application fee...I just want to know the whole process...Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Wifefo88: 9:14am On Dec 26, 2019
Good day please how was ur admission process to centennial college like..how long did it take b4 u were given admission and did u pay any application fee...I just want to know the whole process...Thank you

lasisig5:
Hi, everyone good evening and merry Christmas to you all, I have a question please, I login to my student portal at centennial collect and I found out that my account balance is zero instead of $8,356 which I paid for first semester tuition fees it was an agent that help me paid the money last though I have contact the agent about it but he’s saying he haven’t see the refund in his account, please what do you think is going on.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jejelaye01: 10:15am On Dec 26, 2019
Glasses1:

This is not needed. You can actually get it done from Abuja if you get the contact information of any officer in charge in Lagos (I think a contact was mentioned in one of the pages). All you need do is ask them to send the form to you, you print, fill and thumb print and scan by to them or send as a mail with your passport photograph. This route should cost you less than 50k.
But again, police clearance is really not important for study permit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jephehe: 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2019
oikotas44:

Construction Management will be a nice course that is very lucrative.

https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/construction-management

Hello
Please I really need assistance in the Canada Study procedure.
I have a 3.24GPA in Civil Engineering and I want to apply for Post Graduate in related course befoRe I can proceed for masters. I do not know how to go about it at all. Thanks for your prompt response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Snowflake27: 5:58pm On Dec 26, 2019
you can go to force CID. i did mines there for 10k
IboBoyNuel:

Please who knows where i can get police clearance certificate in Abuja and how much it costs? Cause i don't understand this 50k they are telling me to pay.

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.