Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1020956 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JayHymn: 7:15pm On Jan 16, 2020
good day house, I'm new to this thread. Pls I want to seek advice from you guys. I'm applying for masters to the university of Waterloo, department of electrical and computer engineering. As one of the top-most rated schools in Canada with acceptance rate of about 54%, I expect the selection process to be more strict than most of the others universities in the country.

The concern for me is:

1. that though I meet all the specified requirements, my undergraduate CGPA is just a little bit above the minimum CGPA requirement. so the question now is how often do people who barely meet the minimum requirements get rejected? Is Waterloo highly selective?

2. secondly, I am almost done with my master's program in Nigeria and I'm expecting a CGPA of somewhere between 4.44 - 4.67; will making use of this master's CGPA as my last two semesters in school help to boost my profile and chances of being selected since this is a convincingly high CGPA?

how easy/difficult is it to get into Waterloo for Nigerians generally. I will kindly appreciate your reply. In my application now, all that is left is to click apply and pay the application fee
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phemols23: 9:29pm On Jan 16, 2020
lonics:

That is 2.81 on a scale of 4. But note,sometimes those schools factors in your core courses and remove the unnecessary ones.

I don't know if someone else has corrected this in the previous posts. A CGPA of 3.52/5 will not give a CGPA of 2.81/4. It will be 3.1/4 at least.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 16, 2020
Please how much is to apply for a study permit ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Godsfavour78: 10:13pm On Jan 16, 2020
Qudkom:

Can you get a transcript for the semesters you completed
No Sir. The situation is hard to explain but I never took any exam after entering 200level through JUPEB
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Meagainstenemy: 11:19pm On Jan 16, 2020
Phemols23:

I don't know if someone else has corrected this in the previous posts. A CGPA of 3.52/5 will not give a CGPA of 2.81/4. It will be 3.1/4 at least.

It will be nice to know how you calculated yours.Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phemols23: 1:45am On Jan 17, 2020
Meagainstenemy:

It will be nice to know how you calculated yours.Thanks.

I didn't calculate it. Based on the original WES-evaluated transcripts I have seen, 3.3, 3.4 and 3.61 on the 5-point scale were 3.09, 3.16 and 3.22 respectively on the 4-point scale. So yours will definitely be between those values.
You can get an estimated value by using the online WES calculator but you will have to fill in the grades and the units of each of your courses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hotboss: 4:01am On Jan 17, 2020
Phemols23:

I didn't calculate it. Based on the original WES-evaluated transcripts I have seen, 3.3, 3.4 and 3.61 on the 5-point scale were 3.09, 3.16 and 3.22 respectively on the 4-point scale. So yours will definitely be between those values.
You can get an estimated value by using the online WES calculator but you will have to fill in the grades and the units of each of your courses.

I concur to this.. my 3.788/5.00 gave 3.33/4.00

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ibuchim101(m): 5:46am On Jan 17, 2020
Good morning, who else is going to cape Breton University here? Let’s know ourselves ��‍♂️
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JayHymn: 7:17am On Jan 17, 2020
hotboss:

I concur to this.. my 3.788/5.00 gave 3.33/4.00

There have to be some calculations someone can follow. Did they reevaluate your grades for each course in your transcript?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Brenda2020: 8:32am On Jan 17, 2020
Good morning House, am new here. Is there possibility of one who has been refused TRV 2x to get a student visa?i have a weak 2nd class lower,CpGA 2.43,bsc accounting
Can i run a masters degree with this? Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:54am On Jan 17, 2020
Good morning house, has anyone been admitted to Memorial University of recent?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 9:24am On Jan 17, 2020
Brenda2020:
Good morning House, am new here. Is there possibility of one who has been refused TRV 2x to get a student visa?i have a weak 2nd class lower,CpGA 2.43,bsc accounting
Can i run a masters degree with this? Thank you

Hello... no you can't go for a masters rather you are to apply for PGD courses in a course related to accounting in a college, after which wen u are done, u can move on to applying for masters..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 9:24am On Jan 17, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
Good morning house, has anyone been admitted to Memorial University of recent?

Pretty sure people have..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 9:25am On Jan 17, 2020
Adetayoade1:
Please how much is to apply for a study permit ?
70-80k.. can't remember the exact amount
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 17, 2020
How did you come about 70-80k Bro thought it was 150$ CAD on their site
Anon123:

70-80k.. can't remember the exact amount
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 9:34am On Jan 17, 2020
Adetayoade1:
Bro thought it was 150$ CAD on their site

$235cad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Brenda2020: 9:42am On Jan 17, 2020
Thank you
Anon123:

Hello... no you can't go for a masters rather you are to apply for PGD courses in a course related to accounting in a college, after which wen u are done, u can move on to applying for masters..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Godsfavor112: 9:54am On Jan 17, 2020
Good Morning house! Please I need a clearer understanding concerning SOA!!
Between a Company Account and a personal account of my elder bro who owns his company which out of the two account is preferable to use.

Thanks as I’m waiting for different views.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hotboss: 10:02am On Jan 17, 2020
JayHymn:

There have to be some calculations someone can follow. Did they reevaluate your grades for each course in your transcript?

I'm talking about WES. I evaluated my transcript twice.

When I did the trial on WES I hot 3.11
Education perspectives Evaluated my transcript and got 3.11

But when I did WES I got 3.33.

All the grades in Nigeria have their equivalent in Canadian scale.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 11:58am On Jan 17, 2020
Godsfavor112:
Good Morning house! Please I need a clearer understanding concerning SOA!!
Between a Company Account and a personal account of my elder bro who owns his company which out of the two account is preferable to use.

Thanks as I’m waiting for different views.

If you want to stand a chance of getting TRV, pls use the his PERSONAL ACCOUNT!!!! Do not use the company account. I repeat do not use a company account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by justwise(m): 12:28pm On Jan 17, 2020
Jephehe:
Conestoga College Applicants rejected admission that I restored, see the attached document.

Regards

You need to stop this..i'm not fooled.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by duchessgoddess(f): 1:41pm On Jan 17, 2020
Hello everyone. Please for those that schooled in schools that don't give transcripts to students (especially ABSU) how did you go about getting a copy for applying to various schools?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jteena: 1:49pm On Jan 17, 2020
So I got a mail from a prospective supervisor. I sent a summary of my research interest.

Thanks for your summary. What you describe is a little outside my area, but we also have professors in ABC dept who could work with me to guide you. When you apply, mention that you have been corresponding with me.

Is she saying she is accepting to supervise me?.. I have mailed her back to ask, awaiting a response. But I need ideas here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 1:58pm On Jan 17, 2020
jteena:
So I got a mail from a prospective supervisor. I sent a summary of my research interest.

Thanks for your summary. What you describe is a little outside my area, but we also have professors in ABC dept who could work with me to guide you. When you apply, mention that you have been corresponding with me.

Is she saying she is accepting to supervise me?.. I have mailed her back to ask, awaiting a response. But I need ideas here

To me, it means you are being considered but not accepted yet but stand a high chance to be accepted which is why the professor said you should use his/her name as you apply.. but it's good to sent her a reply by asking for clarity. Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 3:29pm On Jan 17, 2020
jteena:

In a nutshell, Yes. Just do as you are told and it will go well. Once your application gets to the board they will ask her if she is willing to work with you and once she says yes you are good to go. Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by efficiency123: 3:45pm On Jan 17, 2020
Good day all,

Can someone please avail me with sample or format on how to contact the potential supervisor.

Timely response will be appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Next2Bezee(m): 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2020
Hey, house gurus

I'm new here and interested in pursuing an MSC (Educational Leadership) in Canada.

I completed my Bsc (Accounting) in Malaysia. My sponsor will be my mum, and she will be able to pay my full tuition and other fees in one go, even before the visa application. I have no issues with finances.

I am going for Educational Leadership because my family owns a school, whose management I am a part of. I plan to take over the school after my MSC. That's why I switched careers (From accounting to education). Will this fly to an embassy vo?

Also, I don't have any ties except for my job. Will that a problem?

PS: I was denied a US study visa in November 2019.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 4:41pm On Jan 17, 2020
Next2Bezee:
Hey, house gurus

I'm new here and interested in pursuing an MSC (Educational Leadership) in Canada.

I completed my Bsc (Accounting) in Malaysia. My sponsor will be my mum, and she will be able to pay my full tuition and other fees in one go, even before the visa application. I have no issues with finances.

I am going for Educational Leadership because my family owns a school, whose management I am a part of. I plan to take over the school after my MSC. That's why I switched careers (From accounting to education). Will this fly to an embassy vo?

I advise you apply for a course related to your bsc.. I say this course wen it comes to apply for visa..the visa officer won't believe a jack of you want ri take over your family school.. or there's a slim chance you can convince the VO... Note to all newbies, to get admission is not the problem, the biggest challenge is convincing the white Visa officer that you are a genuinely going to school for studies with a plan to come back and do so so.. my 2kobo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 5:08pm On Jan 17, 2020
duchessgoddess:
Hello everyone. Please for those that schooled in schools that don't give transcripts to students (especially ABSU) how did you go about getting a copy for applying to various schools?
Get them to send it to another school or company where you know someone that can pick it up for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 5:15pm On Jan 17, 2020
Next2Bezee:
Hey, house gurus

Going for accounting related masters would have been better but that doesn't mean you still can't get your trv if you want to change course.
First, let your parents state in their letter of support stating the business (school) will be managed by you after your masters and if possible they should back it up with documents (transfer of ownership if possible). On your own part, you need to explain why you want to switch from accounting to your new field.
Change of course isn't a bad thing as long as you can give genuine reasons why and can back it up.
Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Pseermuhel(m): 5:34pm On Jan 17, 2020
Hi everyone,

Please I need our help urgently as I plan to submit my visa application on Monday. I've been following the thread, kudos to everyone for the great works we are doing.

I got a fully funded masters ($18,400) at University of Manitoba. I have gathered all the relevant documents including landed property, previous travel stamps and letter of introduction from my previous university.

To further support this, my guardian wants to support me with 1.5 million for my travel and settling down. However, his personal bank statement has a balance of 1.9 million with 10 million transaction in the past 6 months. Please is it advisable for me to use this?

Kindly help me with this, my appointment is booked for Monday. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 5:50pm On Jan 17, 2020
Pseermuhel:
Hi everyone,

Please I need our help urgently as I plan to submit my visa application on Monday. I've been following the thread, kudos to everyone for the great works we are doing.

I got a fully funded masters ($18,400) at University of Manitoba. I have gathered all the relevant documents including landed property, previous travel stamps and letter of introduction from my previous university.

To further support this, my guardian wants to support me with 1.5 million for my travel and settling down. However, his personal bank statement has a balance of 1.9 million with 10 million transaction in the past 6 months. Please is it advisable for me to use this?

Kindly help me with this, my appointment is booked for Monday. Thanks

Is the guardian your sponsor? ..

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.