Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (487) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1019397 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2020
Ayodeji786:
Hi All,
Greeting from Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. It been a while i have been here but i am back here to provide anyone with information if necessary, might be slow in responding but i will respond as soon i can. This group is thus the best in helping people in putting up their application well for study visa.
Cheers,
Ayodeji.

Please how long does it take for MUN to start giving out admission letter? like an application that ended by January 15th.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 6:05pm On Jan 21, 2020
tosiiNO:
Hi guys, what's the best program someone with a 2.12 Cgpa can go for? Is it too low for pgd/c or post baccalaureate programs?
Hello..
This question has been answered in this page and last page.. I encourage you read as your answer lies there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by odinkaru: 6:23pm On Jan 21, 2020
Hello. I received both messages below from vfs concerning a study permit i submitted on Friday. Please can anyone tell me what exactly they mean. Thank you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2020
odinkaru:
Hello. I received both messages below from vfs concerning a study permit i submitted on Friday. Please can anyone tell me what exactly they mean. Thank you.

In simple terms, it means your application has commenced processing.. have you done your biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eightyeight: 6:35pm On Jan 21, 2020
Anon123:

In simple terms, it means your application has commenced processing.. have you done your biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 6:36pm On Jan 21, 2020
Raalsalghul:

Would previous education in the new field in your home country go far in convincing the V.O?

For example, let's say the science graduate has done 1 or 2 courses in logistics in Nigeria here?

Hello Raalsalghul,

It could go as far to make an argument to prove that you are a genuine student. The most important thing is to prove to the VO that you know what you are doing. If possible point the VO to your transcript and stating the major courses took that relates to your new study interest.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by odinkaru: 6:36pm On Jan 21, 2020
Anon123:

i had that done yesterday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 6:50pm On Jan 21, 2020
tobiasbeecher:

Yes, I'm a big fan of OZ!
Seriously, bro, PhD in Canada will be very costly, and I'm from a Social Science background and usually, not much scholarship is attracted to it.
About the EE, please, I thought it is for people who are currently employed? My last employment was in 2015. I have two master's degrees, so what are my chances?

Hello Tobias,

You should try to calaculate your CRS score to know if you are qualified to enter the pool. The current score is 475. As long as the work experience was on full time basis and in related field of study, you can try your luck. What is likely to boost your score outside scoring high in IELTS would be having a sibling in Canada whom you share same parent with, you academic qualifications, number of work experience etc. However, just follow your heart. If you prefer migrating through the study route, then go for a program/course that can enable you demonstrate progression or self-development.

For more information, check with IRCC website or visit the EE thread.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 7:06pm On Jan 21, 2020
Elevation20:

Please how long does it take for MUN to start giving out admission letter? like an application that ended by January 15th.

Hello Elevation20,

You should be looking at February ending.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 7:08pm On Jan 21, 2020
odinkaru:
i had that done yesterday

Okay... your application has commenced processing.. any new mails will be coming from cic..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by joyblinks(f): 7:41pm On Jan 21, 2020
Good evening house.

Please I need names of schools that does not require application fee when applying. My Husband has already paid for 1 school's application. Now need to spread our net but cant seem to find those without application fee.

Suggestions please.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by agboolaahmed(m): 7:52pm On Jan 21, 2020
Hello my people I need your advice o. The school that gave me admission just told me that my program has been suspended due to program reduction and I have already started processing my study visa with the acceptance letter. I was told that I can transfer my program with no charges or they could refund me my deposit and application fee. Please what should I do. Should I withdraw my visa application from Canada then after I get transfer to another program then reapply. I submitted my application last week. Please it urgent. I need your sincere advice. The school gave me a deadline to decide. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 8:08pm On Jan 21, 2020
agboolaahmed:
Hello my people I need your advice o. The school that gave me admission just told me that my program has been suspended due to program reduction and I have already started processing my study visa with the acceptance letter. I was told that I can transfer my program with no charges or they could refund me my deposit and application fee. Please what should I do. Should I withdraw my visa application from Canada then after I get transfer to another program then reapply. I submitted my application last week. Please it urgent. I need your sincere advice. The school gave me a deadline to decide. Thank you
Aren't you the one we have been advising to withdraw your application?
I think you have a bigger thing to worry about than the suspension of your program by your school

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 21, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Elevation20,
You should be looking at February ending.
Ok thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by agboolaahmed(m): 8:47pm On Jan 21, 2020
Stevenssen:

Aren't you the one we have been advising to withdraw your application?
I think you have a bigger thing to worry about than the suspension of your program by your school
. I’m the guy. I was told is either I raised a web form about the error or withdraw my application. I chose to raise a web form which I did yesterday but now the school mailed me to transfer my previous program to another program or I get refund. They suspend the program for all candidates not just me. Don’t make it look like I’ve been jinxed. What will you advised in this situation is all I’m asking?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 2roodi(f): 9:13pm On Jan 21, 2020
joyblinks:
Good evening house.

Please I need names of schools that does not require application fee when applying. My Husband has already paid for 1 school's application. Now need to spread our net but cant seem to find those without application fee.

Suggestions please.
Thank you

Cambrian College.
As at last year when I applied, I didn’t pay an application fee.
Not sure about now though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Teejhay5: 9:24pm On Jan 21, 2020
good day house, submitted my application on 29th of November for winter 2020 session. I had to defer my admission now to fall 2020 .
Please how can I send my new admission letter to cic?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Piecoco: 10:10pm On Jan 21, 2020
Teejhay5:
good day house, submitted my application on 29th of November for winter 2020 session. I had to defer my admission now to fall 2020 .
Please how can I send my new admission letter to cic?
Do it through webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Teejhay5: 10:18pm On Jan 21, 2020
Piecoco:

Do it through webform

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AlFath(m): 10:28pm On Jan 21, 2020
Olayinkaji:

Okay thank you, they just responded to my mail and said the earliest booking appointment if February 10 but they forgot to attach the payment fee details. I have sent an mail regarding that, hoping they reply soonest. Thanks very much.

Anon123:

You pay on the spot.. u don't pay from your house..

Good. It is possible to pay at the spot, but I won't advise that as you will need to give them 1-2 days to confirm the payment before they send the medicat result, but since it is upfront you don't need to rush. Besides, the evidence of payment is part of your documents to be presented before the commencement of the test.
Once you receive the payment details, follow the instructions and be guarded accordingly.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JummyFash: 10:35pm On Jan 21, 2020
Pls be guided that you have to book an appointment with them or else they will send you back to do so and which shows you won’t be able to do it that day.
Konsult99:
Hello guys,please how does biometric work at VFS,Lekki?walk ins or by appointment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AlFath(m): 11:06pm On Jan 21, 2020
agboolaahmed:

Hello Agboolaahmed,
Your case is complicated, sorry to say that.

First, if you had been successful in sending the web form and you were able to upload the corrected CIC form as advised by Frank, I think you should give them 3-5 days to respond but this depends on the volume of messages they received. Although, it is stated on their website that they respond within 28 days and that they can update your records without any response.

Second, I think if you can transfer to other related course within same university, it would be okay. If you can't, I'm afraid! IRCC may reject your application once they confirm from your school. That alone is a geniue reason for refusal.
If you are unable to get a related course, it will be difficult for IRCC to process your application without the new admission letter. Hence, the initial advise they gave you is your best choice.
I stand to be corrected, gurus in the house.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by beldavis: 11:33pm On Jan 21, 2020
Good day house pls can one apply for PhD with a MBA at any Canadian University,if yes which one specifically.thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by agboolaahmed(m): 11:57pm On Jan 21, 2020
AlFath:

Hello Agboolaahmed,
Your case is complicated, sorry to say that.

First, if you had been successful in sending the web form and you were able to upload the corrected CIC form as advised by Frank, I think you should give them 3-5 days to respond but this depends on the volume of messages they received. Although, it is stated on their website that they respond within 28 days and that they can update your records without any response.

Second, I think if you can transfer to other related course within same university, it would be okay. If you can't, I'm afraid! IRCC may reject your application once they confirm from your school. That alone is a geniue reason for refusal.
If you are unable to get a related course, it will be difficult for IRCC to process your application without the new admission letter. Hence, the initial advise they gave you is your best choice.
I stand to be corrected, gurus in the house.
Thanks.
. Thank you man. I already called the school. They told me that I should not worry about the application even though the program has been suspended by the school (the program is generally suspended due to reduction of program ongoing in the school as it was stated in my letter) . She said embassy do not contact the school for confirmation of program and they do not give out any information to the embassy. She said they rarely have a conversation with the embassy. She also said students changes program of study when they I arrive at school. She said I should just transfer to another program while I await the embassy decision on the study visa because this will help me to retain my seat as a student. She said I can change to any program when I get the study visa base on requirements and availability of space.

Thank you for the comment. I will await the VO decision on my application. I hope it will be a positive one. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by peaceful22: 12:01am On Jan 22, 2020
See o... strike!!!! In our Canada?... hmmmm�

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 5:19am On Jan 22, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Good morning.

I would like to inquire if the embassy will hold on to my passport during the process of seeking for a visa since i need the passport to also chase other country's visa simultaneously.

Thanks.
The only way to have your passport while your application is on is to apply via online, that way you get to keep your passport until your application gets to approval stage then CIC will ask for it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 5:21am On Jan 22, 2020
Crystalheart:
Alright bro. Please pardon my too many questions.. I will apply for Msc program in pharmaceutical chemistry, I don't know which institution yet..

My previous study visa application that was rejected was filed with practical nursing admission letter..

Do VOs consult previous application? If they do, could it negatively affect their judgement since my next application will be filed with Msc pharmaceutical chemistry admission letter rather than the practical nursing admission letter. Thanks..

Don't worry about your previous denial, this is a fresh application. But make sure you declare that you have been denied visa in the past(it won't have any negative effect on your new application but if you don't declare your previous denial then you will be denier and also get a ban)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 5:27am On Jan 22, 2020
Raalsalghul:

As regards the home ties, what's the hope of a single under-30s guy, no wife and kids.

Will a landed property be enough proof?
Also include your family members (parents and siblings)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 5:37am On Jan 22, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Agboolaahmed,

You can always withdraw your application, especially at its initial stage. Don't bother trying to rectify it via email. It will be better to withdraw the application and reapply before you are notified for representation. I am advising you based on experience from a similar cases, though yours might be different.

To do this raised a webform and as well send through email a detailed body message stating your intention to withdraw then include your full name as shown on your PP, DoB, application number, CoR. You can give reason for withdrawal as due to error in your filed application and that you don't want your application to be processed with such error in it.

I believe you been advised accordingly by others here too.

Case Specific Enquiry(CSE)
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

Emails: nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
LAGOSIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

All the best.
The guy doesn't want to accept the fact that the mistake he made is a costly one, I don't know him but I feel he didn't declare his previous denial on purpose. Most people do that and when they hear of the repercussion they regret their actions and try to fool the vo by sending mails for correction.
The question if someone has been denied visa in the past is a very CLEAR question and 99.999% of people who decided to thick NO when they have been denied in the past do it on purpose, so they should be ready to face the consequences.
I wish him the best though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 5:43am On Jan 22, 2020
tobiasbeecher:

Yes, I'm a big fan of OZ!
Seriously, bro, PhD in Canada will be very costly, and I'm from a Social Science background and usually, not much scholarship is attracted to it.
About the EE, please, I thought it is for people who are currently employed? My last employment was in 2015. I have two master's degrees, so what are my chances?
Since you just finished your masters or about to roundup you can still apply for EE. You stand a better chance that way since you don't have interest in pursuing a PhD degree.
Also try to see if there's any school offering funding for PhD in your preferred course (it won't cost you anything) before deciding on the EE route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Raalsalghul: 6:24am On Jan 22, 2020
mcobex:
Also include your family members (parents and siblings)

Oh, thanks a lot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.