Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,727 members, 7,816,989 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (497) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022408 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 11:01pm On Jan 26, 2020
Abby2cute:
Good evening all .Pls I need ans from anyone pls.... I want to go for a diploma course , but I have just neco 2001 will that be possible ? If yes what and what should I have to get admission and proceed? Am a Nigerian but not apply from Nigeria but Europe.. all advice is kindly need . Thanks all
NECO is recognised in a few schools. You might also need to apply as a mature student and make use of your work experience to boost your chances of getting an admission. Also try and apply for a skilled diploma program.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kess2020: 11:47pm On Jan 26, 2020
How about applying for a post graduate diploma in a private university in canada. Has anyone tried that route with private uni? The course is only offered in the school having made my research.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by YOUNGJOHN05: 12:40am On Jan 27, 2020
Hello house, I got refused in October and I reapply December 13 till today I have not get any response.
Pls what's going on, what do I need to do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 8:16am On Jan 27, 2020
why were you refused?

what did you apply for?

YOUNGJOHN05:
Hello house, I got refused in October and I reapply December 13 till today I have not get any response.
Pls what's going on, what do I need to do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by damidam(f): 8:40am On Jan 27, 2020
lilgan:

Thanks a lot for the response. I guess the school is not all that from your response. I just wish I could hear some more positives about the school from fellow Nairalanders.
Hello ma'am,do you know you can check google for all these questions and reservations you have about this school? You can check google or the school website for news paper publications about the school. You can also use google to find out about the school's rating, You can also use google to check for other likeable conversations about the school on other similar platforms as nairaland. From this things you will see on google you will be able to have either a positive or negative narrative about the school.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oganammuo: 8:56am On Jan 27, 2020
Hello everyone. Pls I submitted my application, but forgot to include my wife's consent letter and my children's school fees paid for the period I will be absent.
Can I upload them through webform.
Going through webform site, the above are not among the items listed one can upload. Pls what do I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 10:55am On Jan 27, 2020
Kess2020:
I had a very low cgpa of 1.75/5 (3rd class degree) intend applying for a post graduate diploma in a private university in canada. Has anyone tried that route with private uni? The course is only offered in the school with my research.
Just try and apply for another bsc program or diploma program that's the best option for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cuteesthy(f): 11:05am On Jan 27, 2020
Hello everyone, pls when applying through paper route do i need to submit originals and photocopies of my academic document and also document that are more than one page do i need to staple dem together like my transcripts nd even IMM forms
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 27, 2020
Qudkom:

Just try and apply for another bsc program or diploma program that's the best option for you.

Hi..
Won’t there be complications applying for a new Bsc with the age 23 and above?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkayconcept: 12:31pm On Jan 27, 2020
Niyibamo:
Good evening bro,
I applied last year March but was denied due to " • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status." Pls how can i tackle this

Documents submitted
Dad's bank statement as sponsor 15m
Dad's land survey
Personal bank statement 5m
Admission letter
School fees part payment paid 2kCAD
transcript
Professional training certificates
Waec result
Birth cert

I'm planning on reapplying soon but need help.
Thanks

I'm not a pro or guru but I think you didn't justify your sponsors source of income. Is your sponsor a business person, add CAC document and tax stuff.
Is your sponsor working, add employment letters and work ID and any other details.

Also, your own source of getting 5m

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by goldbergg: 12:53pm On Jan 27, 2020
ayoadefantastic:
Anyone coming to the U of S should feel free to contact me for any info. Would be glad to help in any way I can.

Thank you for this. I presume u of s is Saskatchewan. If it is, sent you an email request. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 1:09pm On Jan 27, 2020
cuteesthy:
Hello everyone, pls when applying through paper route do i need to submit originals and photocopies of my academic document and also document that are more than one page do i need to staple dem together like my transcripts nd even IMM forms

Hello Cuteesthy,

All documents addressed to the embassy should be original and any documents that isn't, should be photocopies. However, the bank statement should be original.

Also, same multiple pages should be appended together for easy sorting.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 1:40pm On Jan 27, 2020
Hello house... please is there anyone who has already booked their medicals and would not be using it? I would like to take up the space so you can have your money back.. preferably this week. Cheers..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 2:06pm On Jan 27, 2020
Otiswright:

I must commend the gurus in the house for thier selflessness.
@all persons with experience on similar issue i want to discuss below kindly help provide probable advice and solution:
My cousin applied through an agent for a student visa to canada in 2018. I got to know this after the denial.

Documents submitted are as follows:
His admission was for PGC project management,georgian college.
All the completed forms,
All used and unused visa stamp(3 south Africa, Uk, kenya, france)
Marriage certificate
His personal SOA with reasonable cash flow,
Schorlaship letter from Ministry of Finance
Statement of account from the Ministry of Finance(Not forged)
Letter of introduction from the Ministry stating the funds awarded and the payment modalities,
However, as stated in the introduction letter, a 40% payment was transfered into his account from this Ministry’s account which was also indicated in his personal account. It was aswell addressed in the letter of explanation.

( I must expressly state that the whole schorlaship thing was cooked up to make believe that it was actually awarded)

Even with all, he was still denied the visa. Kindly refer to the attached image for the details of denial.

From information gathered here, i assisted in getting his GCMS note which clearly pointed out the schorlaship letter as the snag in his application.
I have racked my brains as to how to tackle this issue.
i would want him to reapply this time without any agent and with all the info i will be able to gather from this thread. He is awaiting admission for Phd as he has completed his masters.

Hello Otiswright,

The VOs are professionally trained and can easily get suspicious. I believe it was quite easy for them to get the authencity of the "scholarship program" rather than the authencity of the "scholarship fund." That might be the beginning of the woes. In addressing the VO's concerns, be careful not to complicated things further with facts that can't be verified. Any fact stated should have an evidence. This way it would be easy to exonerate the said person.

The person concerned is so lucky for not getting a banned. It was also a good initiative to have requested for the gcms notes to fully understand the VO's major concern. I believe since the said person didn't receive the "procedural fairness letter," maybe that's why a ban wasn't writing in the gcms notes or refusal letter.

The truth is that the VO may not seem to understand why the ministry of finance of a federal republic would only design a scholarship program for just "one person." If there is such a scholarship program in existence, the government would have notified the concerned embassy about the scholarship program and the number of beneficiaries... This is why sometimes, it might not be advisable to use a scholarship that is not "duly recognized or easily verifiable," especially for Canada. Its very suspicious and rare for a government ministry to give out bank statement to "allien" individuals?

The document timeline is good. However, trying to convince the VO on the cooked up scholarship program would be tedious but might not be impossible if its done with strong points and total honesty. What the concerned person needs to do is drafting a good and convincing LOE to explain and provide clarity to:

1. How come the scholarship initiative and when did it commence.

2. Are there any other beneficiaries or how many people benefited from the scholarship program.

3. How were you a beneficiary and how come you got to know about the scholarship program.

4. Educate the VO if the scholarship was a community development initiative aim for a single beneficiary at interval.

Try as much not to tell too many lies. If you are able to connect and provide proper clarity about the scholarship, then you can seal it with faith.

Also, get an authenticated letter from a superior ahead of the person that issued the scholarship to clarify why only "you" was a beneficiary of the scholarship. The reason must be concrete and relating to aspects that would be of benefit to the ministry.

This time, the said person should go with a regular sponsorship and provide the necessary documentations.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by CHRISPLACE(m): 2:07pm On Jan 27, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello CHRISPLACE,

The mistake you made was not deferring your admission the week to your resumption. It is very important that there is a new admission letter st hand before it is requested by IRCC. Thus, you can follow it up by sending emails to the international office or admissions that you have no intention to seek for a refund but deferring it is your utmost concern.

Mind you, the earlier the better and in some cases, revoked admission letters in some schools can be restored. I will advise to do through the staff contact directory page and search for the people in the administrative office. This way, you can send a plea for restoration to their respective emails and ask for assistance. If possible get their phone number and call them during work hours in Canada. Tell them your application is still ongoing and you need a valid admission letter to continue the processing.

Their responses would then determine if you have to quickly seek for a new admission elsewhere or as the case may be.

All the best.

Thank you very much. i have just done that and now i have a new admission letter for spring intake May, 2020.
Please how do i send my new admission letter to the immigration(CIC). i mean how do i update to CIC on my study permit application.
The immigration have validated my biometric on 24th and send another mail to on 25th saying that they are still working on my application. i want to update my admission as soon as possible.Help please Gurus.....!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 2:09pm On Jan 27, 2020
Austacus:

I am pretty sure He didn't get banned. Canada will never ban you without clarifying to you in the protection Act.
Lemme clear you real quick
the ban comes with any of the following reasons in Canadian immigration and refugee law

Genuineness of relationship:  subsection 12(1) and subsection 4(1)

Medical Inadmissibility:  subsection 38(1)

Misrepresentation: subsection 40(1)

Criminal inadmissibility subsection 36(1) and subsection 36(2)

Express Entry: wrong NOC, employment letter, insufficient evidence

Security Reasons / Terrorism:   subsection 34(1)

In his case, I didn’t see subsection 40(1) (2) or (3) that talks about inadmissibility for misrepresentation or any of the protection Acts above. Whereas he also didn't get a procedural fairness letter.

He should be very proactive HE MUST NOT REAPPLY WITHOUT GCMS NOTE. He also needs a break to examine the authenticity of his previous application before reapplying.

All the best.

Hello Austacus,

Been a while. All the best bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 2:13pm On Jan 27, 2020
CHRISPLACE:

Thank you very much. i have just done that and now i have a new admission letter for spring intake May, 2020.
Please how do i send my new admission letter to the immigration(CIC). i mean how do i update to CIC on my study permit application.
The immigration have validated my biometric on 24th and send another mail to on 25th saying that they are still working on my application. i want to update my admission as soon as possible.Help please Gurus.....!

Hello CHRISPLACE,

Check my previous posts, maybe one or two pages back, you will see were I shared the webform link and IRCC emails that you can use to send your new admission letter.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by charliesyndrom: 2:13pm On Jan 27, 2020
U guys help recommend some cheap universities in Canada. I am going for an Msc Program in a business related course.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 2:59pm On Jan 27, 2020
lilgan:
Good afternoon house. Please I just want to know if there’s anyone studying in Niagara College and if it’s a good school.

These are the tips I will give you.

I will suggest you do a thorough research about the school. What is the population of the school, what is the total number of international students in the school, how easy is it to get part time jobs in that city, are they flexible with tuition payments?

I will be honest with you, some places in Canada are dead zones (so isolated). As much as we are in Canada to learn, meeting people, going out, having fun is a very important aspect of education. The city you decide to study in Canada is very important for your mental health.

I wish you all the best.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 3:03pm On Jan 27, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Chief, how u doing? It's been a while. I hope its moving well with you?.

Wishing you the very best.
The grate frankrobbn...1 of umu nairaland is back to his selfless business of helping prospective applicants here. Greetings boss, I am okay but we miss you here. Happy new year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oganammuo: 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2020
Oganammuo:
Hello everyone. Pls I submitted my application, but forgot to include my wife's consent letter and my children's school fees paid for the period I will be absent.
Can I upload them through webform.
Going through webform site, the above are not among the items listed one can upload. Pls what do I do?

Justmellow and the gurus in the house, pls help me with an answer to the above challenge. I will really be grateful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 3:12pm On Jan 27, 2020
AgroNACT:

Dear Great N'landers,
I hope we have been all good? I have missed you so much. Canada has been good just that assignments can make you question your decision of coming to Canada sometimes. Tens of people have sneaked into my PM for advice and I have tried my best for each one of them. I got some free time today so I decided to drop some tips here for everyone to be able to learn one or two things.

GETTING A SUPERVISOR AND POSSIBLY, FUNDING: MY EXPERIENCE WITH NORTH AMERICAN SCHOOLS[center][/center]

WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE READY
1) A CV* (not Resume!)
2) Degree certificates (Undergraduate for Masters, Undergraduate and Masters for PhD.)
3) Transcripts (student copy)
Note: Your CV is different from Resume in that the former is concerned about your academic activities, achievements and research objectives. Among other important things, It should contain your overall grades and that of your last two academic years (in percentage), three or four bullet-point research objectives (in place of the career objectives/statements you usually have in resumes), previous awards and scholarships, as well as your research works; published or unpublished. You should always modify this to suit the work of the supervisor and the school you are applying to.

WRITING A SUPERVISOR
Do not write a supervisor without having read 1 or 2 publications from him/her. They do not take you seriously if you are not already familiar with their research focus (I knew these before I entered the game and all the Profs I have met here also reaffirmed that). When writing them an email, use a catchy subject like "PROSPECTIVE GRADUATE STUDENT, FALL 2050" or "PROSPECTIVE Ph.D. STUDENT (ALREADY APPLIED), FALL, 2024" If your proposed school demands that you apply before securing supervisors. Please note the keywords in the subject!.

DON'T YOU EVER USE GENERIC EMAIL! All emails sent to each Prof. must be constructed personally for them because they always detect and detest copy and paste generic email. The body of the email should have the following:

Dear Prof. Xyz,
Your name? graduate of what, and where? your grades; overall and last two academic years in percentage (No Prof. has time to be converting your grades), your interests in relation to the research focus of the Prof.

What you read about the Prof's paper and how it captured your interests, what point and suggestion were you able to derive from the research you read? your own research interests and how it relates to that of the Prof.

Let him know you met the requirement for admission (you must have checked the school portal to know if you meet admission requirements) and when you intend to resume. Ask him about the possibilities. Tell him you have attached a CV, Transcript, and Certificate.

Thank him/her for the time

Sincerely,
Your name
(Do not put your number, they will never call you, and stop putting your email here, it is already on the mail you sent)

WHEN TO SEND THE EMAIL
Always check the local time in the Prof's province and send the email in at around 8 am and 3:50 pm their local time. If they fail to respond in 5 business days, keep resending it at that interval until they reply to you.

ABOUT SCHOLARSHIPS & OTHER THINGS YOU SHOULD/NOT DO
Do not talk about funding unless the Prof has accepted you. Personally, I would check the school funding package before I contact any Prof in that school because no Prof gives money from their private pocket. The minimum requirements into most graduate programs in Canada is Nigerian 2:1 (70%) and they strongly "prefer" candidates with 80% and above.

Scholarships are mostly given based on the school's provision (See program funding package on the school's portal). Most of them are merit-based, you don't have to apply as they come with your admission package. This is where your grades in last-two academic years come in. The closer it is to 100% the better. You can expect something if you hold 80% and above. If you are not clear with the conditions, you can ask the Prof. after he has accepted you.

#######################################################

I hope I have just answered some common questions, with time I can drop something about admission application. Have fun and dream big.

Sincerely,
AgroNACT
Soft work.... thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 3:31pm On Jan 27, 2020
cuteesthy:

Any originals you submit will not be returned.
You should only submit originals of IMM forms, LOE, and other documents you don't want back. Your academic credentials should be photocopies.

I think CIC does not like documents being stapled. The VFS officials will help you arrange your documents in the right order.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Collins4u1(m): 3:32pm On Jan 27, 2020
Please I need help fams. I want to pay for applicantion fee and I'm seeing visa, Master and flywire... Visa and Master is not an option as it's credit card that is required.. How does flywire work, can someone put me through.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 3:35pm On Jan 27, 2020
Oganammuo:

Justmellow and the gurus in the house, pls help me with an answer to the above challenge. I will really be grateful.

Send through webform.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 3:45pm On Jan 27, 2020
vibrant99:
One thing That you don't get to find on this page is Guys been sincere and straight Sarcastic (if they intend to see it like that).

Do you how much you spend on application alone?

Telling people not to lose hope and re-fire, when deep deep the application can "never" get a consideration, Making money for Canadian government.

Point Blank.... "SOME SPECIMEN APPLICATION CAN NOT GET APPROVAL"

How about we become sincere with this people?.

Most of the People here advising don't have Visa.

My sister/brother, not being sincere is when you see the supposed mistake or reason why an application was denied and you didn’t point it out base on your own opinion, but just telling the person to reapply, that is not being sincere.
Although I want to guess the case or resent case that made you write this, but it will be more heartbroken if you outrightly discourage that person.
1. When someone is refused, your documents could still be valid. Therefore it’s safe to make other adjustments and reapply.
2. For some applicants, the money is not the problem and paying that little visa fee again will be better than losing your admission to start all over again.
3. The fact that someone does not have visa yet doesn’t mean that person can’t advise base on experience. Unless you want to say “na who pass na him know book.” Lie it doesn’t work like that as regards Canada visa especially. There are many examples to give personally.

The important thing is the advise on what you know so as not to miss lead anyone. This advise has been helping and those that got their visa can testify to that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by lukzy500: 3:52pm On Jan 27, 2020
Good afternoon guys,pls wat does it mean wen u get BVL first before medicals. I applied dec 5 and got bvl today
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 4:13pm On Jan 27, 2020
lukzy500:
Good afternoon guys,pls wat does it mean wen u get BVL first before medicals. I applied dec 5 and got bvl today

Likely a rejection
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 4:17pm On Jan 27, 2020
Otiswright:

I must commend the gurus in the house for thier selflessness.
@all persons with experience on similar issue i want to discuss below kindly help provide probable advice and solution:
My cousin applied through an agent for a student visa to canada in 2018. I got to know this after the denial.

Documents submitted are as follows:
His admission was for PGC project management,georgian college.
All the completed forms,
All used and unused visa stamp(3 south Africa, Uk, kenya, france)
Marriage certificate
His personal SOA with reasonable cash flow,
Schorlaship letter from Ministry of Finance
Statement of account from the Ministry of Finance(Not forged)
Letter of introduction from the Ministry stating the funds awarded and the payment modalities,
However, as stated in the introduction letter, a 40% payment was transfered into his account from this Ministry’s account which was also indicated in his personal account. It was aswell addressed in the letter of explanation.

( I must expressly state that the whole schorlaship thing was cooked up to make believe that it was actually awarded)

Even with all, he was still denied the visa. Kindly refer to the attached image for the details of denial.

From information gathered here, i assisted in getting his GCMS note which clearly pointed out the schorlaship letter as the snag in his application.
I have racked my brains as to how to tackle this issue.
i would want him to reapply this time without any agent and with all the info i will be able to gather from this thread. He is awaiting admission for Phd as he has completed his masters.
This person is lucky not to have gotten a ban. This is a good reason not to use an agent or if at all, see the documents yourself. Gone are the days when such will fly. The visa thing got so difficult since early 2018 and more difficult by the end of 2018.

My advise is for this person to calm down for a while and give those VO some space. Take a good time to get a real admission + funding.
Take time to gather documents before reapplying. I am guessing 1yr interval at least.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ChristyC: 4:25pm On Jan 27, 2020
wow this is the best i have seen 2 months i started following this thread... i have applied for msc computer science for fall 2020, we can connect though i am yet to be admitted but i am hopeful,
ayoadefantastic:
Anyone coming to the U of S should feel free to contact me for any info. Would be glad to help in any way I can.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 4:33pm On Jan 27, 2020
Niyibamo:
Good evening bro,
I applied last year March but was denied due to " • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status." Pls how can i tackle this

Documents submitted
Dad's bank statement as sponsor 15m
Dad's land survey
Personal bank statement 5m
Admission letter
School fees part payment paid 2kCAD
transcript
Professional training certificates
Waec result
Birth cert

I'm planning on reapplying soon but need help.
Thanks

What was your “personal assets and financial status” in your application?

Please list all the documents you submitted and if that’s all you submitted, not good enough.

I would have said get your gcms note, but I already know what will be there and if you don’t tackle the entire(I mean look into the entire) of your application before reapplying, they may just come up with something else. ( Dem de hide some when dem no want tell you now but nack am for you next time if you no tackle am)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eightyeight: 4:37pm On Jan 27, 2020
Obehi44:

What was your “personal assets and financial status” in your application?

Please list all the documents you submitted and if that’s all you submitted, not good enough.

I would have said get your gcms note, but I already know what will be there and if you don’t tackle the entire(I mean look into the entire) of your application before reapplying, they may just come up with something else. ( Dem de hide some when dem no want tell you now but nack am for you next time if you no tackle am)

What could be there and can you share tips to help other applicants get in front of this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.