Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,727 members, 7,816,989 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (496) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022408 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olayinkaji(m): 9:08pm On Jan 25, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

why going for PGD instead of MSc?
Low GPA. Second class lower
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olayinkaji(m): 9:10pm On Jan 25, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

what is NBCC?
New Brunswick Community college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Twemi(m): 9:37pm On Jan 25, 2020
@frankrobbn1 , agronact and gurus in the house,i have been a silent reader on this thread for some months now. I graduate with a low CGPA of 2.65 in educational course in 2016 but am into catfish production and farming which started in 2018. kindly advise me on the program to go for because I am stucked in between PGD in agribusiness or MBA. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by arebanmenjoy(f): 9:47pm On Jan 25, 2020
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kelvinpam(m): 10:54pm On Jan 25, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praises.

Hello bro I sent you a PM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:07pm On Jan 25, 2020
Olayinkaji:

Low GPA. Second class lower

okay bro, I pray it becomes a successful process for all of us.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sharpsharp: 5:57am On Jan 26, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

okay, Nice one and God dey with u. u go cross

Amen. Thanks. �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ayoadefantastic: 6:50am On Jan 26, 2020
Anyone coming to the U of S should feel free to contact me for any info. Would be glad to help in any way I can.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Twemi(m): 6:51am On Jan 26, 2020
Twemi:
@frankrobbn1 , agronact and gurus in the house,i have been a silent reader on this thread for some months now. I graduate with a low CGPA of 2.65 in educational course in 2016 but am into catfish production and farming which started in 2018. kindly advise me on the program to go for because I am stucked in between PGD in agribusiness or MBA. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Otiswright: 7:48am On Jan 26, 2020
I must commend the gurus in the house for thier selflessness.
@all persons with experience on similar issue i want to discuss below kindly help provide probable advice and solution:
My cousin applied through an agent for a student visa to canada in 2018. I got to know this after the denial.

Documents submitted are as follows:
His admission was for PGC project management,georgian college.
All the completed forms,
All used and unused visa stamp(3 south Africa, Uk, kenya, france)
Marriage certificate
His personal SOA with reasonable cash flow,
Schorlaship letter from Ministry of Finance
Statement of account from the Ministry of Finance(Not forged)
Letter of introduction from the Ministry stating the funds awarded and the payment modalities,
However, as stated in the introduction letter, a 40% payment was transfered into his account from this Ministry’s account which was also indicated in his personal account. It was aswell addressed in the letter of explanation.

( I must expressly state that the whole schorlaship thing was cooked up to make believe that it was actually awarded)

Even with all, he was still denied the visa. Kindly refer to the attached image for the details of denial.

From information gathered here, i assisted in getting his GCMS note which clearly pointed out the schorlaship letter as the snag in his application.
I have racked my brains as to how to tackle this issue.
i would want him to reapply this time without any agent and with all the info i will be able to gather from this thread. He is awaiting admission for Phd as he has completed his masters.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 8:20am On Jan 26, 2020
Otiswright:

@all persons with experience on similar issue i want to discuss below kindly help provide probable advice and solution:
My cousin applied through an agent for a student visa to canada in 2018. I got to know this after the denial.

All the completed forms,
Marriage certificate
Letter of introduction from the Ministry stating the funds awarded and the payment modalities,
However, as stated in the introduction letter, a 40% payment was transfered into his account from this Ministry’s account which was also indicated in his personal account. It was aswell addressed in the letter of explanation.

( I must expressly state that the whole schorlaship thing was cooked up to make believe that it was actually awarded)

Even with all, he was still denied the visa. Kindly refer to the attached image for the details of denial.

From information gathered here, i assisted in getting his GCMS note which clearly pointed out the schorlaship letter as the snag in his application.
i would want him to reapply this time without any agent and with all the info i will be able to gather from this thread. He is awaiting admission for Phd as he has completed his masters.
He should he grateful for not getting a 5 year ban. I don't know why people think CIC don't go further to verify things. Well, since he didn't get a ban ye can apply again but this time everything has to be authentic and hopefully he will get the trv
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 26, 2020
Cc cashhip
Adetayoade1:
Yes please Good evening a friend of mine got admission there for his diploma which is about 18k Canadian dollars but thinks he can go there without paying and get a job to pay but I tried telling him it’s not possible ......please what are the consequences if one enters without paying the said fees I need to show him this,as I believe you or the knowledgeable people in the house can help me out with this....As he plans to file for visa.....
He has paid the 500$ To accept the admission now he plans to file for visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 10:15am On Jan 26, 2020
Adetayoade1:
Cc cashhip
If he needs you to give him proof to believe or to do what's legit then he has a big problem and the best way for him to find out is for him to apply let's see how it goes. People like him are the ones making things more difficult than they are already are for genuine applicants .
Just tell him the best proof he needs is to apply and wait for CIC's response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 26, 2020
Good reply boss grin
God bless
mcobex:
If he needs you to give him proof to believe or to do what's legit then he has a big problem and the best way for him to find out is for him to apply let's see how it goes. People like him are the ones making things more difficult than they are already are for genuine applicants .
Just tell him the best proof he needs is to apply and wait for CIC's response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 11:25am On Jan 26, 2020
How are you sure he didn't get a Ban?

This days they don't even let you know you have a ban , be re-applying.

mcobex:
He should he grateful for not getting a 5 year ban. I don't know why people think CIC don't go further to verify things. Well, since he didn't get a ban ye can apply again but this time everything has to be authentic and hopefully he will get the trv
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 11:28am On Jan 26, 2020
Oga, Save your Money ....

Or better still inquire first if you have a ban, ....

I smell a Ban, .... Did you see where he/SHe wrote "AUTHENTIC"?

Go back and read their rules.

Otiswright:

All the completed forms,
Marriage certificate

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Otiswright: 2:26pm On Jan 26, 2020
@mcobex
Thanks for your prompt response,

@Vibrant99.
i want to believ if there is a ban it would have been stated in the refusal letter or seen on the Gcms note. This refusal was in 2018.
However i would love inputs on how to cover/tackle the “documents lack authenticity part” bearing in mind that he wants to reapply with genuine documents and available funds covering the cost of study.
If there are links to the rules that will reduce his chances,kindly share.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Miide2: 2:36pm On Jan 26, 2020
Hi guys, while I was going through the thread I saw something that caught my eye and it was about changing course when your visa is delayed.

So my question is.. are you saying it’s wrong for someone who applied for logistics and supply chain management in fanshawe college and got his/her visa delayed the first time to reapply with admission letter for MBA from another university ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 26, 2020
Otiswright:
@mcobex

@Vibrant99.
i want to believ if there is a ban it would have been stated in the refusal letter or seen on the Gcms note. This refusal was in 2018.
However i would love inputs on how to cover/tackle the “documents lack authenticity part” bearing in mind that he wants to reapply with genuine documents and available funds covering the cost of study.
we know you are the one not cousin lol. Just forget canada biko.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tavict: 3:02pm On Jan 26, 2020
Hello everyone, I got an admission into Cape Breton University for Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Business Management last year but defer till May 2020, I did it because have been denied thrice at the American Embassy and want to be sure of how I can successfully apply for the student visa at the Canadian Embassy, also to know if my previous denial wont affect me with my visa application ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Austacus: 3:15pm On Jan 26, 2020
vibrant99:
How are you sure he didn't get a Ban?

This days they don't even let you know you have a ban , be re-applying.

I am pretty sure He didn't get banned. Canada will never ban you without clarifying to you in the protection Act.
Lemme clear you real quick
the ban comes with any of the following reasons in Canadian immigration and refugee law

Genuineness of relationship:  subsection 12(1) and subsection 4(1)

Medical Inadmissibility:  subsection 38(1)

Misrepresentation: subsection 40(1)

Criminal inadmissibility subsection 36(1) and subsection 36(2)

Express Entry: wrong NOC, employment letter, insufficient evidence

Security Reasons / Terrorism:   subsection 34(1)

In his case, I didn’t see subsection 40(1) (2) or (3) that talks about inadmissibility for misrepresentation or any of the protection Acts above. Whereas he also didn't get a procedural fairness letter.

He should be very proactive HE MUST NOT REAPPLY WITHOUT GCMS NOTE. He also needs a break to examine the authenticity of his previous application before reapplying.

All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SonofGod2000: 4:22pm On Jan 26, 2020
Great work guys. Quick ine please. Please if you are asked to go for your biometric, does that mean IRCC has started reviewing / background- checking your application or until biometric capturing is done?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by lilgan(f): 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2020
Good afternoon house. Please I just want to know if there’s anyone studying in Niagara College and if it’s a good school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 5:26pm On Jan 26, 2020
Otiswright:
@mcobex

@Vibrant99.
Since he wasn't placed on ban then there's nothing to worry about. Let him apply with the genuine papers this time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 5:29pm On Jan 26, 2020
Miide2:
Hi guys, while I was going through the thread I saw something that caught my eye and it was about changing course when your visa is delayed.

So my question is.. are you saying it’s wrong for someone who applied for logistics and supply chain management in fanshawe college and got his/her visa delayed the first time to reapply with admission letter for MBA from another university ?
There's nothing to worry about, just make sure your new application is well packaged. Change of course/program is no big deal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by lilgan(f): 7:13pm On Jan 26, 2020
lilgan:
Good afternoon house. Please I just want to know if there’s anyone studying in Niagara College and if it’s a good school.

Please someone should help answer this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 7:35pm On Jan 26, 2020
lilgan:

Please someone should help answer this.
I'm not studying there but the school is okay. Though some of the best colleges in Ontario are : Seneca, Humber, George Brown, Fanshawe, Centennial
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by lilgan(f): 9:09pm On Jan 26, 2020
Stevenssen:

I'm not studying there but the school is okay. Though some of the best colleges in Ontario are : Seneca, Humber, George Brown, Fanshawe, Centennial

Thanks a lot for the response. I guess the school is not all that from your response. I just wish I could hear some more positives about the school from fellow Nairalanders.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Abby2cute: 9:52pm On Jan 26, 2020
Good evening all .Pls I need ans from anyone pls.... I want to go for a diploma course , but I have just neco 2001 will that be possible ? If yes what and what should I have to get admission and proceed? Am a Nigerian but not apply from Nigeria but Europe.. all advice is kindly need . Thanks all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Niyibamo(m): 9:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
Good evening bro,
I applied last year March but was denied due to " • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status." Pls how can i tackle this

Documents submitted
Dad's bank statement as sponsor 15m
Dad's land survey
Personal bank statement 5m
Admission letter
School fees part payment paid 2kCAD
transcript
Professional training certificates
Waec result
Birth cert

I'm planning on reapplying soon but need help.
Thanks

Austacus:

I am pretty sure He didn't get banned. Canada will never ban you without clarifying to you in the protection Act.
Lemme clear you real quick
the ban comes with any of the following reasons in Canadian immigration and refugee law

Genuineness of relationship:  subsection 12(1) and subsection 4(1)

Medical Inadmissibility:  subsection 38(1)

Misrepresentation: subsection 40(1)

Criminal inadmissibility subsection 36(1) and subsection 36(2)

Express Entry: wrong NOC, employment letter, insufficient evidence

Security Reasons / Terrorism:   subsection 34(1)

In his case, I didn’t see subsection 40(1) (2) or (3) that talks about inadmissibility for misrepresentation or any of the protection Acts above. Whereas he also didn't get a procedural fairness letter.

He should be very proactive HE MUST NOT REAPPLY WITHOUT GCMS NOTE. He also needs a break to examine the authenticity of his previous application before reapplying.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 10:27pm On Jan 26, 2020
GET GCMNOTES FIRST!

Niyibamo:
Good evening bro,
I applied last year March but was denied due to " • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status." Pls how can i tackle this

Documents submitted
Dad's bank statement as sponsor 15m
Dad's land survey
Personal bank statement 5m
Admission letter
School fees part payment paid 2kCAD
transcript
Professional training certificates
Waec result
Birth cert

I'm planning on reapplying soon but need help.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.