Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (520) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1020966 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 5:06pm On Feb 11, 2020
Yettyanny1:
Good morning, Seniors

Kindly advise on any affordable Canadian varsity that offers medicine or petrol-chemical degrees.

Thank you.

For undergraduate or post graduate level?

Check Memorial University of Newfoundland.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cliqtips: 5:06pm On Feb 11, 2020
Thank you, I want to use it for Masters Degree application not undergraduate
Frankrobbn1:

You can't combine an O'level result when applying to an undergraduate program in Canada. So it's better you stick to NECO which has a C grade in English.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 5:08pm On Feb 11, 2020
cliqtips:
Thank you, I want to use it for Masters Degree application not undergraduate

You don't require high school diploma certificate (WAEC or NECO) for Masters admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ogm070: 5:33pm On Feb 11, 2020
Thanks for this information.
Frankrobbn1:

With a 2.2 grade, you're not eligible for funding in Canada. Your best bet is to apply to colleges and universities that offers post graduate diploma programs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ogm070: 5:35pm On Feb 11, 2020
Msc in Earth and Environmental Science
geotherm:
What course? It depends on your course abd also be ready for self-funding.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mayo47(m): 5:54pm On Feb 11, 2020
Hello,

I have a PG Dip & MSc in Finance, Management & Accounting from a UK university. I am planning to apply for a PG Dip in business analysis. Please can my UK Post grad qualification possible lead to a decline in admission or student visa for a PG Dip progamme in Canada1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by saucepan: 5:59pm On Feb 11, 2020
ndoeyopbennet:

Send to ndoeyopbennet@gmail.com

Hello, please can you check your mail, I have sent the letter to you. Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Simplymeeko: 6:36pm On Feb 11, 2020
Good evening all
Guess we all had an amazing day today?

Please I have a question, and I would appreciate every suggestions relating to it.
Are there any chances of getting visa(TRV) approved if one uses a sponsor who is a “family friend”. The person has around 18-20million present in his account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Omah7979: 6:37pm On Feb 11, 2020
did You apply to Cambrian
2roodi:

Hi!
Which semester and program did you apply for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olatycoon: 7:02pm On Feb 11, 2020
Pls house I am having issues compressing my files, the required size is 4mb, but if I try compressing below 4mb it becomes blur, pls what' do u suggest i do. Thank yoh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pittoilet(f): 7:19pm On Feb 11, 2020
Olatycoon:
Pls house I am having issues compressing my files, the required size is 4mb, but if I try compressing below 4mb it becomes blur, pls what' do u suggest i do. Thank yoh
how are you compressing it? When you scanned those documents in pdf at what dpi did you scan them?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 2roodi(f): 8:07pm On Feb 11, 2020
Omah7979:
did You apply to Cambrian

Yes, I’m currently enrolled in the HR program and I work in the college as well, that’s why I reached out.
Please feel free to send me an email if you have more questions smiley

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cliqtips: 8:08pm On Feb 11, 2020
wow ... I never knew.. Thank you
Frankrobbn1:

You don't require high school diploma certificate (WAEC or NECO) for Masters admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 8:25pm On Feb 11, 2020
Shammak:
Good evening beautiful people.

I have a quick question.

Can one apply for a study visa with a conditional letter of acceptance?
What is the condition attached to the offer?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 8:28pm On Feb 11, 2020
sneagolben:
pls gurus I have a question I need an urgent answer, I recently got an admission to study in a school in Alberta Canada, I love in Dubai so I am wondering is best to apply for my visa here in uae or best come back to Nigeria to apply for my visa? Your replies will be kindly appreciated
Apply from your base, as long as you are a legal resident of Dubai you should apply there a d it will be processed based on the processing time for the UAE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jollyfellow10: 8:45pm On Feb 11, 2020
Anyone taking a diploma in paralegal in Ontario? Need advice on the best school to take it.Planning on taking the program this year and need to be sure of the school.Checked some online reviews for some colleges and I am not convinced.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by atiteb4: 9:01pm On Feb 11, 2020
Barseat:

Thanks so much my brother
you are welcome. Can I please get ur mail, I want to ask u few questions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chigrad: 9:24pm On Feb 11, 2020
Hi all,
Please is Police clearance (PCC) required for study visa application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 9:49pm On Feb 11, 2020
chigrad:
Hi all,
Please is Police clearance (PCC) required for study visa application?
no it's not a requirement but you can add it if you feel like. It makes no difference
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shammak(m): 9:49pm On Feb 11, 2020
mcobex:
What is the condition attached to the offer?

Submission of official final transcript by the university
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by lonics: 9:58pm On Feb 11, 2020
Blema111:

Nope, decisions would be out by late February or early March unfailingly.

I have just been given admission to Memorial university of New foundland for MSC Energy systems engineering.
Probably they will respond to you this February.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by GracefulG: 10:58pm On Feb 11, 2020
lonics:

I have just been given admission to Memorial university of New foundland for MSC Energy systems engineering.
Probably they will respond to you this February.

Hi
Congratulations
Please when did you get the email ? I taught they're supposed to start sending replies after 15th .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by lonics: 11:07pm On Feb 11, 2020
GracefulG:

Hi
Congratulations
Please when did you get the email ? I taught they're supposed to start sending replies after 15th .

I got it this evening. Even with the admission letter was attached to my mail and I was told to pay #2000 canadian once I accept and receive the offer. I will do that tomorrow for the payment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sssssss: 11:08pm On Feb 11, 2020
wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bobogee007(m): 11:51pm On Feb 11, 2020
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=86564658]

Good evening house please I'm lost in the air.... I got my LOA from loyalist College of Applied Art and Technology last year December and the payment deposit due date was 30th of January 2020, and I was able to make the payment by 23rd of January and got payment acknowledgement receipt by 27th of January. Please as I'm planning to apply for my study permit, I got to know that my LOA expired by 30th of January and I'm yet to apply for my study permit. Please do I need to request for a new LOA or I can still use the previous one to apply for my study permit. I'm confused my program start by September 9 2020 ( fall)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olatycoon: 12:02am On Feb 12, 2020
pittoilet:
how are you compressing it? When you scanned those documents in pdf at what dpi did you scan them?

I am actually scanning with my phone, and using IlovePDF to compress so I really don't understand what Dpi means..

If there is any other app I can use pls lemme know.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bobogee007(m): 12:32am On Feb 12, 2020
Good evening house please I'm lost in the air.... I got my LOA from loyalist College of Applied Art and Technology last year December and the payment deposit due date was 30th of January 2020, and I was able to make the payment by 23rd of January and got payment acknowledgement receipt by 27th of January. Please as I'm planning to apply for my study permit, I got to know that my LOA expired by 30th of January and I'm yet to apply for my study permit. Please do I need to request for a new LOA or I can still use the previous one to apply for my study permit. I'm confused my program start by September 9 2020 ( fall) cry cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ynwtobby: 12:58am On Feb 12, 2020
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

What should I do next please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 7:05am On Feb 12, 2020
bobogee007:
Good evening house please I'm lost in the air.... I got my LOA from loyalist College of Applied Art and Technology last year December and the payment deposit due date was 30th of January 2020, and I was able to make the payment by 23rd of January and got payment acknowledgement receipt by 27th of January. Please as I'm planning to apply for my study permit, I got to know that my LOA expired by 30th of January and I'm yet to apply for my study permit. Please do I need to request for a new LOA or I can still use the previous one to apply for my study permit. I'm confused my program start by September 9 2020 ( fall) cry cry
Simply send an email requesting for a deferral. But you must check if the program will take place in whatever semester you're differing to. The semesters include; Winter(January), Summer(May) and Fall(September) semesters.

Lastly, always familiarise yourself with the schools refund policy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 7:09am On Feb 12, 2020
ynwtobby:
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

What should I do next please?
Sorry about the refusal, try and order a gcms note. It could be generic sometimes but at least you can deduce some facts from it.

Regarding the personal asset and financial status, you probably used a 3rd party sponsor and also you didn't attach essential documents to show your financial status in Nigeria like assets, shares, financial documents, company documents etc...

You should also try to get enough documents to show your families deep rootedness in Nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hzamani(m): 7:19am On Feb 12, 2020
Hello everyone, been following this thread for a while now
Can someone please recommend a cheap school for Msc Economics in Canada
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Omah7979: 7:44am On Feb 12, 2020
Good morning, please I’d like to have your email if you don’t mind or you can send me one okoliijeoma25@gmail.com
I’ve been trying to log into mycambrian portal to check my status but I have not been able to get access how do I do that?
2roodi:

Yes, I’m currently enrolled in the HR program and I work in the college as well, that’s why I reached out.
Please feel free to send me an email if you have more questions smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.