Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (519) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1020855 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sneagolben: 5:19am On Feb 11, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

I regret to hear your younger brother's study visa was rejected. Before I can come into your brother's case, permit me to quickly chip in these questions,

- What kind of scholarship is this? and
- How is this sponsor related to your brother?.
- Where you able to show link b/w the two persons?
- Did you include any proof of history or ongoing financial support from this sponsor to the applicant?

Provide answers to these few questions and I'll know how best to advise you so as to attain a successful re-application.

Also be advised that payment of upfront tuition fees is NOT a prerequisite for a visa approval. Hence, it's not advisable to pay if the school doesn't require you to do so.

It will end in praises.
pls gurus I have a question I need an urgent answer, I recently got an admission to study in a school in Alberta Canada, I love in Dubai so I am wondering is best to apply for my visa here in uae or best come back to Nigeria to apply for my visa? Your replies will be kindly appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sneagolben: 5:20am On Feb 11, 2020
pls gurus I have a question I need an urgent answer, I recently got an admission to study in a school in Alberta Canada, I love in Dubai so I am wondering is best to apply for my visa here in uae or best come back to Nigeria to apply for my visa? Your replies will be kindly appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Yettyanny1: 5:58am On Feb 11, 2020
Good morning, Seniors

Kindly advise on any affordable Canadian varsity that offers medicine or petrol-chemical degrees.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AyoitsMub(m): 6:07am On Feb 11, 2020
It largely depends on your residency status in the UAE. As far as you're on a student, work, permanent residence etc and other long term visa, you have no problem applying from there.

sneagolben:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 6:52am On Feb 11, 2020
Barseat:
Alhamdulahi guys
I was approved on Saturday
Got my passport back today

Love from here
May Allah be with us all
Congratulations.
I told you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sneagolben: 7:32am On Feb 11, 2020
AyoitsMub:
It largely depends on your residency status in the UAE. As far as you're on a student, work, permanent residence etc and other long term visa, you have no problem applying from there.

I have a resident permit and I am wondering if I can also submit my Nigerian documents like properties, company documents, Nigerian bank statement of account here in uae? Pls help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by showbooy: 7:43am On Feb 11, 2020
Barseat:

At all

Sent you a mail bro.
Did you eventually sent them an email ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tomitomeroo: 8:26am On Feb 11, 2020
Congratulations barseat
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by atiteb4: 10:54am On Feb 11, 2020
Barseat:
Alhamdulahi guys
I was approved on Saturday
Got my passport back today

Love from here
May Allah be with us all
aamiin. Barakallahu feeh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Barseat: 11:12am On Feb 11, 2020
showbooy:

Sent you a mail bro.
Did you eventually sent them an email ?
No I didn't
atiteb4:
aamiin. Barakallahu feeh
Thanks so much my brother
Tomitomeroo:
Congratulations barseat

Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tomotunde: 11:18am On Feb 11, 2020
Good morning guys##

my application is 11 weeks now since November 25, 2nd application....no update yet still on background check.
should i be worried

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tomotunde: 11:24am On Feb 11, 2020
I did upfront medical after wen my application was submitted but i didn't add it to the application....was waiting for CIC to request for it.....can i still add the print out to the application

Pls Guyz i need help on this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:45am On Feb 11, 2020
Tomotunde:
Good morning guys##

my application is 11 weeks now since November 25, 2nd application....no update yet still on background check.
should i be worried

This Canada of a country.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:54am On Feb 11, 2020
scaezar:
Quick question.
Submitted my application about a month ago.
Someone in canada helped with it actually. He is family, cousin. He has a PR, and it showed in the application that ill be staying with him and all that. My dad is the sponsor with a strong account and properties docs which we submitted and all other important stuff.
Yesterday, they requested for my cousin's account statement.
Is this good or bad news? Isnt my dad's enough?
Should that be scary?

Hello Scaezar,

No need to panic, IRCC may be checking to verify his financial capability. This is a positive sign, just continue to have faith.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:01pm On Feb 11, 2020
Shammak:
Good evening beautiful people.

I have a quick question.

Can one apply for a study visa with a conditional letter of acceptance?

Hello Shammak

Yes, you can. Also do well to briefly make the VO understand the reason for that in your letter.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:15pm On Feb 11, 2020
sneagolben:

Hello Sneagolben,

This is from experience with other Nigerian, Pakistani, and Indian applicants in the past who had applied from the UAE even with a valid RP, but still got refused.

You should consider applying in Nigeria.

Disclaimer:

You are liable for any decision taken.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:21pm On Feb 11, 2020
Hello Tomotunde,

Tomotunde:
Good morning guys##

should i be worried

No, you shouldn't but I know its not easy to stay at ease. However, do well to send a warm email or webform reminder to IRCC if you've not.

Tomotunde:
I did
upfront medical after wen my application was submitted but i didn't add it to the application....was waiting for CIC to request for it.....can i still add the print out to the application

Send it to IRCC using the Webform or email, or both.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shammak(m): 1:18pm On Feb 11, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Shammak

Yes, you can. Also do well to briefly make the VO understand the reason for that in your letter.

All the best.

Much appreciated ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cliqtips: 1:38pm On Feb 11, 2020
I need assistance here....

I had E in English in ny WAEC and C in my NECO.

I want to use my WAEC certificate, is there a way I can combine the two results and how can I do that ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 1:47pm On Feb 11, 2020
Tomotunde:
I did upfront medical after wen my application was submitted but i didn't add it to the application....was waiting for CIC to request for it.....can i still add the print out to the application

You don’t need to be worried, you can send an email asking about your application as it has passed the processing time and you will like to get prepared on time so as not to miss bla bla bla. (Depends on when your school is to resume though)
Meanwhile, your medical supposed to have been updated on your account. Maybe you have to check again and also contact the medical center to know if they sent it or not. Also try and send them the medical report you got via web form and email.
Kindly, come back to update the house.
I wish you luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ogm070: 3:00pm On Feb 11, 2020
Hello Everyone, I applied to Dalhousie University and was able to speak with a supervisor who wanted to accept me as her student but when she saw my transcript with a CGPA of 3.l7 told me my grade is not high enough. Please could anyone suggest universities in Canada to me that accept second class lower(hon). Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by slimberry16: 3:03pm On Feb 11, 2020
Obehi44:

Sincerely it’s good to do the right thing. But we know that such “right thing” may put one in big trouble especially or in case visa fails.
Two ways this can be done.
1. Meet with that person who will sign it and that person they may call. Privately ask them to keep it private that you just want to try and they should be aware just in case they call.

2. Do it yourself. I will tell you more privately if you want

okay bro. i just sent you a mail. pls respond when you can
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by geotherm: 3:38pm On Feb 11, 2020
What course? It depends on your course abd also be ready for self-funding.

ogm070:
Hello Everyone, I applied to Dalhousie University and was able to speak with a supervisor who wanted to accept me as her student but when she saw my transcript with a CGPA of 3.l7 told me my grade is not high enough. Please could anyone suggest universities in Canada to me that accept second class lower(hon). Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 3:39pm On Feb 11, 2020
ogm070:
Sorry universities in Canada don't offer funding/,scholarships to 2:2 graduates.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MShud: 3:39pm On Feb 11, 2020
Please I want to know if there is any Scholarship program for someone that is already admitted for a program in canada, most preferably Colleges but is still in Nigeria yet to process for Visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cliqtips: 4:46pm On Feb 11, 2020
@Qudkom @JustMellow @showbooy

I want to use my WAEC certificate, is there a way I can combine the two results and how can I do that ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 5:00pm On Feb 11, 2020
cliqtips:
@Qudkom @JustMellow @showbooy

You can't combine an O'level result when applying to an undergraduate program in Canada. So it's better you stick to NECO which has a C grade in English.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 5:01pm On Feb 11, 2020
MShud:
Please I want to know if there is any Scholarship program for someone that is already admitted for a program in canada, most preferably Colleges but is still in Nigeria yet to process for Visa

None of the Canadian colleges offers scholarship programs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 5:01pm On Feb 11, 2020
Tomotunde:

Reach out to IRCC Kenya, Nairobi via this Email Address with the attached E-medical slip - nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 5:04pm On Feb 11, 2020
ogm070:

With a 2.2 grade, you're not eligible for funding in Canada. Your best bet is to apply to colleges and universities that offers post graduate diploma programs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.