Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (559) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1025784 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 04, 2020
Uncle Switzerland park well please

Oshey source bearer

Gerarahere pls
vibrant99:
Oh!

Another One sighted !

Australia, ahead of Canada!!!

Weather!
Payslip!
Jobs!
Migration could be said to be slightly below Canada, but in all, Australia is very very much up there and YES, it is in the TOP 3.

Though i don't know your TOP 3 sef!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:41pm On Mar 04, 2020
CampusCastle:
Please guys/ladies I need help!

I missed my biometric appointment today and I have been trying to reschedule to another date but it’s saying I have exceeded the number of attempts.

Is there anybody that have had similar issue in the past? How Do I go about rescheduling please?

Thanks.

Hello CampusCastle,

I don't know the possibility of this but it has work for some past applicants. You can go very early to the vfs office with the previous appointment booking and give a convincing reason for your absence i.e the current COVID-19 scare in lagos, so your family restricted you etc. You can also get vfs number on their website and talk to them.

If you stay outside lagos, just go to Abuja and do it without booking for appointment.

N.B: you can submit your biometrics request up to a week of request, so don't beat yourself up too much for missing your appointment date.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:46pm On Mar 04, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
Good evening,

I applied to Memorial Uni, Mechanical Engineering and i discovered that i needed to secure a supervisor for the masters program. I have mailed potential faculties but no response yet.

Please, which other school can i apply to get a guaranteed admission?

Hello NwanyiOkpa,

You can either apply for their Graduate Diploma or Course-based Masters to save you the hurdles of sending new references, cost of transcript etc.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by zube01(m): 12:48pm On Mar 04, 2020
Hello house. Good day. Pls I have plans of going to Canada for MSc this year..did geology here in Nigeria. Pls what are the processes. How it's done. Everything pls. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 12:52pm On Mar 04, 2020
The same way Useless Vessels are are thrown into Oblivion,....

Learn to mind your business Mr Man, You are not applying for Visa? are You?

Jesus Christ said He didn't come for everyone, Information is not for every one!

Adetayoade1:
Empty vessels make the loudest noise
Peace be unto your soul
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:52pm On Mar 04, 2020
ndubuisi1213:
Greetings fam, a similar case with Eguoski...

This is a second application. Was denied last year on October...i submitted 7days ago, forgot to tick yes ( left it No) the column that says if I have been denied visa in the past in the process... I have never been denied any visa any where apart from last year October( my first app).

Although in my letter of explanatory I address the reasons for refusal ( purpose of visit and family tie both in canada and Nigeria )

Today will make it one week I submitted my application...

Should i send a mail? Need an advice fam

Hello Ndubuisi1213,

This may sound unreasonable but you have two options. One is to re-fill the IMM form 1294e ticking the right option and send through the webform and email. The second is to withdrawal your application which makes it come as an automatic refusal, much better than a ban.

Personally, I have always advised the second option.

N.B: just addressing the refusal reasons in your LOE or stating you've been refused before in your SOP without ticking the right option in the IMM form is misrepresentation.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 12:53pm On Mar 04, 2020
Never Been To Switzerland anyway

Studyabroad111:
Uncle Switzerland park well please

Oshey source bearer

Gerarahere pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 1:05pm On Mar 04, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello NwanyiOkpa,

You can either apply for their Graduate Diploma or Course-based Masters to save you the hurdles of sending new references, cost of transcript etc.

All the best.

Hello, memorial does not have course-based masters.

I am a little worried.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 1:07pm On Mar 04, 2020
Gninea:
Good day all..
Am planning to go submit my documents next week in Lagos..I just have these few questions to ask...I was denied for visit visa to Canada In 2017 and South Africa in 2019...should I state both of. Them...would I need to write loe for stating I was denied for both...how can I get the form to fill for my student visa...and do I need to book appointments before I submit....please help.

Hello Gninea,

It is always advisable to briefly go through thread before asking questions. Most of the questions you are asking has been answered in previous pages. Do well to tick the column that asked if you have been refused (any) visa before, which is compulsory. You can as well decide to use the column provide for extra information to give reasons IF NECESSARY. Do well to indicate both.

Thereafter, you can use the LOE to address the VO's concerns. Only focus on addressing the refusal reasons for Canada in your LOE. As for the IMM forms, go on cic.gc.ca to download and fill the forms using a system that have an updated Adobe Reader 10 or DC or higher. For appointments, Lagos vfs may require you to but Abuja vfs is a walk in.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 1:11pm On Mar 04, 2020
MisterSpark:
Hello great minds.

I am looking to process a study visa for my wife to Canada later in the year, at that time our daughter will be 1yr+. we intend to have my wife Travel alone upon approval.

Is this a good move?
I mean how will VO view am leaving her 1yr+ old baby behind.

All your input will be deeply appreciated. Thank you �

Hello MisterSpark,

Opinions may vary on this. Let her apply with her baby and satisfy the VO that the child won't be a distraction and show proof of the required funds.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 1:15pm On Mar 04, 2020
Oganammuo:
Good morning family
I got an email notification yesterday about an update in my application. I've checked been checking till this morning, but couldn't find any update.

Pls my people, does this call for alarm. Does it happen like this sometimes. What step should I take.

Hello Oganammuo,

No need to panic, it sometimes happens. All you should do is set your mind to get a real update which may arrive soon or get real time update on your online GcKey account.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 1:28pm On Mar 04, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Hello, memorial does not have course-based masters.

I am a little worried.

You meant in your field/course. What about their graduate diploma? Or if you intend to travel this year, you may consider PGD/C in college.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MisterSpark: 1:31pm On Mar 04, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello MisterSpark,

Opinions may vary on this. Let her apply with her baby and satisfy the VO that the child won't be a distraction and show proof of the required funds.

All the best

Hello JustMellow

Thanks for your advise on this.

[/b]However I was of the opinion that we could use our baby as a strong tie back home. grin[b]

Myself I have only been to the US once, my visa was valid for 2 month. After program I went for was over, I left for Nigeria.

Could we add this info to her app since I am going to be one of her sponsors.

Gurus, kindly advise sad

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 1:35pm On Mar 04, 2020
MisterSpark:

Hello JustMellow

Thanks for your advise on this.

[/b]However I was of the opinion that we could use our baby as a strong tie back home. grin[b]

Myself I have only been to the US once, my visa was valid for 2 month. After program I went for was over, I left for Nigeria.

Could we add this info to her app since I am going to be one of her sponsors.

Gurus, kindly advise sad

If I’m the VO, I won’t agree that a mother should leave her 1 year plus baby to pursue her education. The child is still really young na. Why can’t she go with the baby and use you as the hometie? You are the man na, you can survive behind alone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eddyme(m): 1:45pm On Mar 04, 2020
Hello, house, please i need some help..I am trying to make my school fees into Brandon university but After my claiming my student ID i am unable to login to the student, portal and the page to make tuition fee i can't find.
Please can anyone help me out.

Who has experience before, i have message the help desk but still waiting for them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Fatkideric: 2:08pm On Mar 04, 2020
vibrant99:
Maggie Knor

You are a bully here and being sarcastic is not funny. You are being very arrogant in your replies to a simple question of "your source".

Replies like this are uncalled for and I hope you know as you being mean to someone always comes back to you.

Don't be a meanie on the internet. It's not cool.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Makah00: 2:13pm On Mar 04, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Makah00,

Welcome on board. You have a chance of securing funding if you can secure a possible supervisor and opt for a research/thesis-based Masters. Identify prospect schools of your choice and make enquiring about their funding requirement. Also, start contacting prospective suoervisors that have similar research with you to enquire about their availability to supervise you.

Some programs or courses may register you to write (professional) exams, so its your duty to check with your prospect school or website to see if there is any exam to be written.

The earlier you begin your admission process the better. If you have the budget, apply to more than 1 school.

All the best.
Thank you, pls how do I contact supervisors online ? Can I message you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 04, 2020
First of all i don’t owe you any answer applying or not but still your comments on this thread always causes arguments and you haven’t said one positive thing since I joined so please keep to yourself
Not like any one has used your advice to succeed here BYE
Be matured enough not to respond to this let it end
vibrant99:
The same way Useless Vessels are are thrown into Oblivion,....

Learn to mind your business Mr Man, You are not applying for Visa? are You?

Jesus Christ said He didn't come for everyone, Information is not for every one!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 2:23pm On Mar 04, 2020
JustMellow:

You meant in your field/course. What about their graduate diploma? Or if you intend to travel this year, you may consider PGD/C in college.

All the best

For Mechanical engineering
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 2:23pm On Mar 04, 2020
eddyme:
Hello, house, please i need some help..I am trying to make my school fees into Brandon university but After my claiming my student ID i am unable to login to the student, portal and the page to make tuition fee i can't find.
Please can anyone help me out.

Who has experience before, i have message the help desk but still waiting for them

why not call them?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chinwezdasilva: 2:25pm On Mar 04, 2020
Please my cousin graduated with a cgpa of 2.75 from rivers state university from mechanical engineering department what are his chances of getting an admission in any of the universities in Canada, if he cannot please would love you guys to give him an advise on what to do please, ur responses re highly need thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by peaceful22: 2:57pm On Mar 04, 2020
Submitted my passport since 31st of January and up till now no update, I'm really worried and scared. cry cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by plantainboy1: 3:02pm On Mar 04, 2020
Hi guys, please I would like to know if it's better to go for a post-graduate diploma or certificate to complement my Mater's degree or opt for another Master's degree related to the one I have already, asper getting the study permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 04, 2020
If you go through this thread , you will get the answer to your question.

He is mostly likely to be eligible for diploma than masters

You can always email the schools to ask this question

Some will reply, some will ask you to submit an application to be assessed.

chinwezdasilva:
Please my cousin graduated with a cgpa of 2.75 from rivers state university from mechanical engineering department what are his chances of getting an admission in any of the universities in Canada, if he cannot please would love you guys to give him an advise on what to do please, ur responses re highly need thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 04, 2020
None.

Visa officer will not give you study permit to study something lower than your highest degree obtained or same degree again.

Your only option is PHD if you’re looking at Canada

But you can try your luck
plantainboy1:
Hi guys, please I would like to know if it's better to go for a post-graduate diploma or certificate to complement my Mater's degree or opt for another Master's degree related to the one I have already, asper getting the study permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MisterSpark: 3:10pm On Mar 04, 2020
Blema111:

If I’m the VO, I won’t agree that a mother should leave her 1 year plus baby to pursue her education. The child is still really young na. Why can’t she go with the baby and use you as the hometie? You are the man na, you can survive behind alone.

Thanks for your input, I will take all this into consideration when applying.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 3:22pm On Mar 04, 2020
chinwezdasilva:
He won’t be able to secure a masters admission because his CGPA is really low. His best bet is a Postgraduate Dip/Certificate. Tell him to read through the previous threads to get more information too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 3:27pm On Mar 04, 2020
peaceful22:
Submitted my passport since 31st of January and up till now no update, I'm really worried and scared. cry cry
No need to be worried provided none of your document happens to be fake. It’s like CIC now delay after PPR. The timeline after approval is now crazy.
Meanwhile we are going to the same school. When do you plan to leave?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by juddytee: 3:32pm On Mar 04, 2020
Approval Timeline:
Application: paper route

Date Submitted: 6th Dec. 2019
Medical reading from:13 dec 19
Medical request: 29th Jan. 2020
Medicals done: 31st Jan. 2020
Medical passed: 5th Feb. 2020
Bvl corresp: 20th Feb. 2020
Approval : 4th March. 2020
School: NBCC
Program: PGD (2 Years) spring 2020
Business Administration-Acctg.
Study gap: 14 years

Documents submitted:

All CIC forms
Digital passport
Data pages of travel history (Dubai, USA, Canada & UK)
Offer letter from school
Receipt of 500cad for seat resv
Statement of Account
Pension statement
Resume
Bsc certificate
Training certificate (int & local)
Marriage certificate
Attestation of birth
Children Birth certificate
French language A1 certificate
Waec/NYSC/Transcript
SOP
Police certificate
Employment letter (prev&recent
Study leave approval letter
Photocopies of family Picture

Sponsor (hubby)
Employment letter
Confirmation & promotion letter
Payslips
Pension statement
Salary statement of Account
Domiciliary account statement
Cooperative savings statement
Letter of sponsorship
Evaluation of land & house prop
Data page & stamped visa page

Co-sponsor
(sister in-law Canadian citizen)
Letter of support for living expenses while I study in Canada.

I want to give Glory to God for making this day to come to pass in my life. And I must say a very big thank you to my husband, Obim, Nkem for standing with me through out the period of the application it was not easy but it was Worth it.

Thank you so much Obehi, Qukom, I called you several times especially on the issues with my passport may God continue to increase u in every way,

To everyone still hopeful and waiting on God for approval, it will surely end in praise by Gods grace. Amen

Don't be discouraged if you have been denied recently or in the past just give it another try and God will surely say yes to it.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bruan: 3:39pm On Mar 04, 2020
please anyone here in lambton college Toronto??

Just got a conditional offer letter for supply chain management January 2021. It’s quite baffling cause I submitted my application on the 17th of February.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Strongwind1960: 3:54pm On Mar 04, 2020
Good day house, pls a friend of mine received his bvl on the 17th of Feb since that time till now, nothing yet, so I advised him to mail him which he did and after few days he got response from them that his application is still on process, and he is really worried because after bvl notification ,most times refusal comes next.. Pls frnds what could be possibly be the problem here, how can he go about this,he applied through paper route, I will be glad to get directves on what he can so to know where he stands..
Kind regards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.