Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (560) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1025991 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dubajek: 4:28pm On Mar 04, 2020
Congrats
[quote author=juddytee post=87162888]Approval Timeline:
Application: paper route

Date Submitted: 6th Dec. 2019
Medical reading from:13 dec 19
Medical request: 29th Jan. 2020
Medicals done: 31st Jan. 2020
Medical passed: 5th Feb. 2020
Bvl corresp: 20th Feb. 2020
Approval : 4th March. 2020
School: NBCC
Program: PGD (2 Years) spring 2020
Business Administration-Acctg.
Study gap: 14 years

Documents submitted:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Staymotivated40: 4:42pm On Mar 04, 2020
Good day everyone.
How are you all doing today?
I’ve a question and I need an urgent answer Gurus in the house .
It’s regarding the bank statement of account for my travel application for study permit
Now this is the story
I’ve a bank statement dated from August 2019 to 10th of February 2020
Now I’m about to submit my application
What do you think ? Submitting the application by Friday March 6th ,2020.
Does it make sense using such bank statement without the past month full bank statement
Should I go ahead with the submission because I was able to gram my bank statement as at February 10 , that was my initial date of submission, but I had to make some corrections after following up this thread.

Now I need some one to come to my rescue . Thanks �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ignis: 4:54pm On Mar 04, 2020
Studyabroad111:
None.

Visa officer will not give you study permit to study something lower than your highest degree obtained or same degree again.

Your only option is PHD if you’re looking at Canada

But you can try your luck

How will the Visa officer know that he already have a masters degree if he did not disclose it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 04, 2020
That’s why some people get banned.
Trying to act smart
You think these people don’t do their investigations? You think the days you wait for the visa decision to come back is just a waste of time?

If you have a masters and your university is still in existence, wether you disclose or not, they will fine out & if you did not, sorry
ignis:

How will the Visa officer know that he already have a masters degree if he did not disclose it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Gninea: 5:41pm On Mar 04, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Gninea,

It is always advisable to briefly go through thread before asking questions. Most of the questions you are asking has been answered in previous pages. Do well to tick the column that asked if you have been refused (any) visa before, which is compulsory. You can as well decide to use the column provide for extra information to give reasons IF NECESSARY. Do well to indicate both.

Thereafter, you can use the LOE to address the VO's concerns. Only focus on addressing the refusal reasons for Canada in your LOE. As for the IMM forms, go on cic.gc.ca to download and fill the forms using a system that have an updated Adobe Reader 10 or DC or higher. For appointments, Lagos vfs may require you to but Abuja vfs is a walk in.

All the best
I really appreciate your response...but someone just told me I need to book an appointment at vsf Abuja before going...please how true is it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Staymotivated40: 5:45pm On Mar 04, 2020
Good day everyone.
It’s regarding the bank statement of account for my travel application for study permit
Now this is the story
Does it make sense using such bank statement without the past month full bank statement
Should I go ahead with the submission because I was able to gram my bank statement as at February 10 , that was my initial date of submission, but I had to make some corrections after following up this thread.

The instructions on the study permit application guide is

ORIGINAL PLUS ONE COPY OF CERTIFIED BANK STATEMENT OR FINANCIAL INVESTMENTS WITH PAST SIX MONTH’S HISTORY INCLUDING YOUR SUBMISSION MONTH *OR ENDING ONE MONTH PRIOR*

Please I need help ASAP so I can submit latest by Friday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Staymotivated40: 5:58pm On Mar 04, 2020
I NEED HELP PLEASE

ORIGINAL PLUS ONE COPY OF CERTIFIED BANK STATEMENT OR FINANCIAL INVESTMENTS WITH PAST SIX MONTH’S HISTORY INCLUDING YOUR SUBMISSION MONTH *OR ENDING ONE MONTH PRIOR*

Does it mean I can use a bank statement from August 2019 to February 10,2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Staymotivated40: 5:58pm On Mar 04, 2020
Please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 04, 2020
Oga if you’re so worried, why not just go and print another statement to show the whole month of February.

Shey it’s just to go to the bank and request for another one?

Staymotivated40:
Good day everyone.
Now this is the story

The instructions on the study permit application guide is

Please I need help ASAP so I can submit latest by Friday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ndubuisi1213(m): 6:08pm On Mar 04, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Ndubuisi1213,

This may sound unreasonable but you have two options. One is to re-fill the IMM form 1294e ticking the right option and send through the webform and email. The second is to withdrawal your application which makes it come as an automatic refusal, much better than a ban.

Personally, I have always advised the second option.

N.B: just addressing the refusal reasons in your LOE or stating you've been refused before in your SOP without ticking the right option in the IMM form is misrepresentation.

All the best
I will withdraw the application...
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Staymotivated40: 6:11pm On Mar 04, 2020
Studyabroad111:
Oga if you’re so worried, why not just go and print another statement to show the whole month of February.

Shey it’s just to go to the bank and request for another one?

My dad helped with the bank statement and he’s out of the country . He won’t be be back till August. Can I still go ahead and submit since it says

YOUR SUBMISSION MONTH *OR ENDING ONE MONTH PRIOR*

please .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 04, 2020
Well as it stands you have no other option than to submit it . Except you can get him to call his account manager to authorise and release a new statement to you
Staymotivated40:

My dad helped with the bank statement and he’s out of the country . He won’t be be back till August. Can I still go ahead and submit since it says

YOUR SUBMISSION MONTH *OR ENDING ONE MONTH PRIOR*

please .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 6:26pm On Mar 04, 2020
You are already feeling like a Champ!

You advice has given people Visa, am so happy for you!

How about you ignore ? ignore people who don't worth it, people who don't get to make any impact...

Until my name is tagged before you know i have helped people? Have you seen that pettiness i was telling you about?

The champion feeling on a Platform, enjoy your dreams!

Adetayoade1:
First of all i don’t owe you any answer applying or not but still your comments on this thread always causes arguments and you haven’t said one positive thing since I joined so please keep to yourself
Not like any one has used your advice to succeed here BYE
Be matured enough not to respond to this let it end
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ndubuisi1213(m): 6:29pm On Mar 04, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Ndubuisi1213,

This may sound unreasonable but you have two options. One is to re-fill the IMM form 1294e ticking the right option and send through the webform and email. The second is to withdrawal your application which makes it come as an automatic refusal, much better than a ban.

Personally, I have always advised the second option.

N.B: just addressing the refusal reasons in your LOE or stating you've been refused before in your SOP without ticking the right option in the IMM form is misrepresentation.

All the best
Bro how can I withdraw it? My application was paper route...
Do I need to go to embassy and do it or via online? Which way is faster
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 6:35pm On Mar 04, 2020
Your question deserves such answer, If you are not fine with it , no problem just use the wall.

I am not here to do research but to feed people what i know would be useful, share yours as well.

I am a realistic person, Canada Visa we don do am get am, i will rather advise anyone here to look elsewhere than apply to go to CANADA, am sure yo are surprised .... I will tell you about NEW ZEALAND when i finally make it!

Fatkideric:

You are a bully here and being sarcastic is not funny. You are being very arrogant in your replies to a simple question of "your source".

Replies like this are uncalled for and I hope you know as you being mean to someone always comes back to you.

Don't be a meanie on the internet. It's not cool.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 04, 2020
Man I ain’t feeling like no CHAMP
Probably from your own perspective
Good luck and enjoy your own dreams too
vibrant99:
You are already feeling like a Champ!

You advice has given people Visa, am so happy for you!

How about you ignore ? ignore people who don't worth it, people who don't get to make any impact...

Until my name is tagged before you know i have helped people? Have you seen that pettiness i was telling you about?

The champion feeling on a Platform, enjoy your dreams!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by trishaben: 6:56pm On Mar 04, 2020
vibrant99:
The advice is for those that have ears, not the deaf, and also people that are applying for Visa,not loiters !

Why are you always verbally angry and rude? Just defend your post with evidence. It’s what normal humans do .

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by governorudeh: 7:14pm On Mar 04, 2020
Glasses1:
Passport Request! Status changed to 'Approved'!!....

I'll be back to give you a very long story (in a few days) when my passport reaches my hand back... but before then, I want to say this visa thing has no manual... Just God... you would relate well when I post my writeUp...

For now let me goan complete my thanksgiving.. smiley

Cheers!

Congratulations, I'm next in line

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 7:17pm On Mar 04, 2020
Check the meaning of "rude" in your dic!

Anger as to what essence?

Are you in Primary School?

trishaben:

Why are you always verbally angry and rude? Just defend your post with evidence. It’s what normal humans do .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 7:32pm On Mar 04, 2020
oilyngbati:
Mine was done over a decade ago and back then (I don't know of now), right after graduating, you can file in for your PR (a.k.a Landing papers), and while that's in process, if you show the CIC proof of your pursuit of further studies in the USA, (in my case, was via scholarship), they issue you what they call minister's permit that allows to go across the border back and forth, until you get the final Landing papers. But you're right, one must consider the long term plans.
Things weren't as stringent back then as they are now.
Sounds like a life time ago. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 7:50pm On Mar 04, 2020
eguoski:
I only have 7days to respond.
I guess I'll just have to admit it was an [b]innocent mistake [/b]and apologize and wait for whatever the result would be.
Anybody with idea on how i should structure the mail should please help me. Its really disturbing and psychologically traumatic for me right now
However you want to frame your letter, dont use the phrase "innocent mistake".
From a canadian cultural standpoint, there is nothing like an innocent mistake. Substitute that word for words like "ooversight" , "inattentional blindness", explain that you read the question without reading meaning into it and deferred to your previous answer in your last application.

If you stated your previous refusal on your USA visa, attach proof of that to show you are indeed credible and this was an isolated incidence. If you belong to an organization, let them write a letter attesting to your character, hopefully it shows this way isolated and not done for personal gains.

If you referenced your refusal in your sop, highlight it to again proof that it was isolated.

Facts as I see it:
If you did not reference the previous refusal in your sop or loe, then it becomes very difficult to prove it was unintentional. The best you can do is pray for mercy and a refusal.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 7:54pm On Mar 04, 2020
Victory1989:

I believe God is on your side, not everybody is given a chance to explain such mistake, it is God that has make the VO given you a chance for a review.

1. My advise for you right now is pray to God. 2. try to defend yourself while you did not thick or answer the questions correctly, look for a good immigration lawyer that will give you clue on how to respond, make sure you do work with him/her do not allow him/her write alone, review what so ever he/she most have written add your own thought to it too or better still make research online, you will get similar issue with possible answers.

[b]From the look of thinks you medical call is close, [/b]just comport yourself, chose the right words, the VO really want to hear you explanation, do you best to convince him, it only you and God that can help right now

Yo!
Medical call ke!
Not in this case oooo, from statistics, refusal of this particular visa is CERTAIN and that is the best case scenario. The prayer now is against a 5 year ban.
Approval may be granted in next application after serious explanation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 7:57pm On Mar 04, 2020
ndubuisi1213:
Greetings fam, a similar case with Eguoski...

This is a second application. Was denied last year on October...i submitted 7days ago, forgot to tick yes ( left it No) the column that says if I have been denied visa in the past in the process... I have never been denied any visa any where apart from last year October( my first app).

Although in my letter of explanatory I address the reasons for refusal ( purpose of visit and family tie both in canada and Nigeria )

Today will make it one week I submitted my application...

Should i send a mail? Need an advice fam
Raise a CSE and attach a letter of explanation.
State it like you are drawing their attension to your mistake, appologise for the inconveniences and reference your previous LOE where you explained the last refusal.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nathanD: 7:58pm On Mar 04, 2020
Good day everyone, have been following this page since December last year and have read alot about this topic. I have also seen alot to scare me but I have also seen alot of good news and i guess there's no harm in trying. I recently got admission into Cambrian college in Canada and my dad who's my sponsors is about paying for the first payment but as always what scares everyone is the visa process.now my problem is how to apply so i don't get rejected I'm currently not working and i got admission for project management but i studied geology now I would truly appreciate any contributions and advice the gurus here can give me moving forward. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 7:59pm On Mar 04, 2020
Jejelaye01:

Except you have facts bro. Don't generalise issues or dissuade people from chasing their dreams. Besides, Nigeria isn't marked red yet for COVID-19. So far we have only recorded one case compared to other countries round the world.

Plus this post isn't to bad wash you please.
Exactly, even canada has more confirmed cases of the COVID-19 than Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 8:01pm On Mar 04, 2020
Blema111:

I really don’t know if a mail would sought out this issue but if it were me, I[b] would withdraw the application and reapply[/b], it’s better than getting a misrepresentation ban. But if a mail would sought it out, then good.

WORST MOVE EVER
That is the same thing as you are accused of assault and invited to the station, you go home, grab your passport and run.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 8:02pm On Mar 04, 2020
sim2003:
What can i do to avoid misinterpretation cos I want to include him in my new application?
Except you can miraculously prove you just found out you had a child after the last time you applied.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by agboolaahmed(m): 8:54pm On Mar 04, 2020
Please guru in the house. Most of these schools in Canada do not have PGD for my program (Genetics) and I can’t get Msc admission because of my CGPA 3.15/5, but I was able to get Advanced Diploma. Please is this a progression for a Bsc holder, can I go ahead and apply for my Visa Application?

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by agboolaahmed(m): 9:03pm On Mar 04, 2020
Blema111:

My dear, I’m not scolding you. We all make mistakes yea but in cases like this, it’s usually a ban. Just give them your response and hope it will end in only a refusal and not a ban. In looking for an excuse, it is assumed that you can read and totally comprehend every information on that form. So there’s really no excuse at all. Just come out clean, apologize and wait for their response. I hope it’s favorable for you.

See don’t let them make you feel like you’ve got the biggest problem in the world o. I made the same mistake in my last application and I was so terrified but with the help of some experienced gurus in the house I was not band even though the visa was denied due to purpose of visit. Just raise a web form and address the mistake with the new corrected form and also send it to the Nairobi Kenya email address or withdraw the application. Either way would be suffice for the error. That was the advice given to me by the likes of Mr frankrobbn1 and others. Just calm your nerves and do one of these option aforementioned. Best wishes fam

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Strongwind1960: 9:07pm On Mar 04, 2020
Pls someone should help me out wt answers regarding my question pls??

Good day house, pls a friend of mine received his bvl on the 17th of Feb since that time till now, nothing yet, so I advised him to mail him which he did and after few days he got response from them that his application is still on process, and he is really worried because after bvl notification ,most times refusal comes next.. Pls frnds what could be possibly be the problem here, how can he go about this,he applied through paper route, I will be glad to get directves on what he can so to know where he stands..
Kind regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 10:39pm On Mar 04, 2020
Blema111:

If I’m the VO, I won’t agree that a mother should leave her 1 year plus baby to pursue her education. The child is still really young na. Why can’t she go with the baby and use you as the hometie? You are the man na, you can survive behind alone.
But you are not the VO tongue and in the Canadian culture, gender roles do not apply to the society.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.