Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (563) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1025403 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 6:35pm On Mar 05, 2020
Adetayoade1:
ello please when submitting the financial statement it is compulsory to add extra financial documents and if so which please

Hello Adetayoade1,

If applicable. Every situation varies, so assess yours to know what (financial) documents to include.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 6:41pm On Mar 05, 2020
Fatkideric:
Hello guys,

Does BVL relate to this - - - >"validity of your biometric information"

I just got this letter after my medical request who h I have done already. Although I have been unable to link my account, I don't know whats going on.

Hello Fatkideric,

Stay positive, this is partly the positive sign. Small congratulations, you can come for the big one when your case has been settled.

Since you already done the medicals, use the webform and email to forward the e-medical slip with you to IRCC and include relevant details like your full name, PP number, DoB etc

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 6:44pm On Mar 05, 2020
vibrant99:
I think say you don even Enter CANADA!

No, i still dey process. any gist for me?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 7:04pm On Mar 05, 2020
I hope you get it though, I need to see you flying away!

NwanyiOkpa:

No, i still dey process. any gist for me?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 7:12pm On Mar 05, 2020
okikiabdu:
Approval alert for my wife

She has a degree but applied for an Advanced diploma

Upfront medicals: 30th Oct 2029
Online application: 31st Oct 2029
Biometrics completed: 1st of Nov 2019
Medicals passed: 20th of Jan 2020
Bvl and passport request: 3rd of March 2020.

Docs submitted:

All IRCC forms
Admission letter
1st semester fees
Sop
Visas and stamps
Account statements
House papers.

My open work permit application was also approved, it was a joint application.

Hello Okikiabdu,

Big congratulations to you and your spouse. All the best.

The bolded shows that if you can convincingly and logically state your reasons for wanting to study in a particular program, the VO "may" see (progression) reasons. Literally, even if you have a high CGPA, university isn't meant for everyone especially if you already have a first degree.

COLLEGES focuses more on professional courses and YES, people applying to colleges are still getting approved irrespective of the continuous visa challenge for Nigerians.

Cc:

Plantainboy1
Agboolaahmed

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 05, 2020
Congrats
Sorry Please was it just only the statement of account you submitted as your financial documents ?
okikiabdu:

Honestly, we didn’t submit much. I forget to mention our car papers, marriage certificate...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ishowleck: 7:49pm On Mar 05, 2020
Good evening everyone.
Pls I need someone to enlighten me on documents to be submitted for study in Canada to the embassy.

Secondly, is it advisable for me to use my own business account statements or I should get someone as a sponsor?

I need a very candid advise pls.

Thanks and God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 05, 2020
Thank you very much
JustMellow:

Hello Adetayoade1,

If applicable. Every situation varies, so assess yours to know what (financial) documents to include.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Yads97: 8:28pm On Mar 05, 2020
Yads97:

Do you know when I’ll get the refusal email or message on my account?

Please does anyone know? Please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Abby2cute: 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Okikiabdu,

The bolded shows that if you can convincingly and logically state your reasons for wanting to study in a particular program, the VO "may" see (progression) reasons. Literally, even if you have a high CGPA, university isn't meant for everyone especially if you already have a first degree.

COLLEGES focuses more on professional courses and YES, people applying to colleges are still getting approved irrespective of the continuous visa challenge for Nigerians.

Cc:

Plantainboy1
Agboolaahmed
congratulations to you and yours this your testimony Just high my hope more .. I have a degree in Education but my cgp is low for msc but I applied for a diploma in early childhood education.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Fatkideric: 9:10pm On Mar 05, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Fatkideric,

Stay positive, this is partly the positive sign. Small congratulations, you can come for the big one when your case has been settled.

Since you already done the medicals, use the webform and email to forward the e-medical slip with you to IRCC and include relevant details like your full name, PP number, DoB etc

All the best

Hello, what is webform?

I also don't have a. E medical slip too.

Why am I to Send these though?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ndubuisi1213(m): 9:21pm On Mar 05, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Ndubuisi1213,

Make haste about it.

You can raise both a webform and send emails to both Lagos and Nairobi VAC requesting to withdraw your application on the grounds of personal reasons, some made errors in your application or as the case maybe. The body message should be succinct followed by including your full name, PP number, DoB, CoR, UCI number if known etc.

Webform:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

Email:

lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

All the best
Thanks bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by agboolaahmed(m): 10:00pm On Mar 05, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Agboolaahmed,

A Bachelor is higher than an Advanced Diploma. An advise that I can give you is that if you can write a convincing study plan on how an Advanced Diploma is the right academic progression instead of a PGD/C or a Master, give it a try. Point out logical reasons and think deeply before providing explanations. If not, you should consider a progressional program.

N.B: numerous past applicants has been successful going for either a second degree or a lower program. It may be tedious but not impossible.

All the best

JustMellow thank you for your response. I don’t know if you will be free enough to scrutinize my LOE and SOP when I’m done writing? Thank you very much!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:25pm On Mar 05, 2020
vibrant99:
I hope you get it though, I need to see you flying away!

grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ndubuisi1213(m): 10:26pm On Mar 05, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Ndubuisi1213,

Make haste about it.

You can raise both a webform and send emails to both Lagos and Nairobi VAC requesting to withdraw your application on the grounds of personal reasons, some made errors in your application or as the case maybe. The body message should be succinct followed by including your full name, PP number, DoB, CoR, UCI number if known etc.

Webform:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

Email:

lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

All the best
I have sent them mail and I don't known if I should resend it again by tomorrow morning ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 10:41pm On Mar 05, 2020
eguoski:
Please guys, I need help oh. I forgot to tick the part if the form that States that i have been previously denied Visa entry. This is my second application. I was sent this email this morning. Please help me. How do I respond to it. Please oh.

I will advice you just be honest and say u mistakenly ticked no.. if u wrote a letter of explanation to clarify the reasons for the previous denial, u can point to them that it was a mistake cos if it wasn't, why would u write an LOE.. but pray o cos na 5yrs ban if not convinced
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ron5ke: 11:12pm On Mar 05, 2020
vibrant99:
You reapply for the Visa, not explaining, by the way what are you going to explain? That you will come back?

Your Visa application was what his judgment was based on, From school applied to, to the course you applied to , to the ties back home and the feasible of your future with the result of your education, all mashed up make the conclusion!

Most of the time, you can only reapply and add one or two extra documents to portray your "home Ties" as strong enough to bring you back home,
Their eye dey red now!

Thanks but I really dont get what you are trying to say. Do you mean I should apply without writing LOE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ron5ke: 11:12pm On Mar 05, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Ron5ke,

It would be advisable.

Thank you smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 05, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Okikiabdu,

Cc:

Plantainboy1
Agboolaahmed

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 12:15am On Mar 06, 2020
Staymotivated40:

what I have is an original bank statement from the bank , stamped and signed by the bank .

now I want to be sure if I need to take the photocopy to the high court for certification ?
No you dont. You are good to go
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 12:18am On Mar 06, 2020
sim2003:

Cant I just add his birth certificate and court affidavits with letter of explanation? What do u think bro? Cos I m confused. I was once in US embassy with him, I was denied like two years .Someone told me both Canada and US do share their visa applicants infos.
You may need to employ the services of an immigration lawyer. Anyhow you want to look at it, it is complicated already.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NB1912: 1:21am On Mar 06, 2020
NB1912: : Go to Australia and stop wasting time on Canada. You will thank me latter.

NwanyiOkpa:

But why?

Do a little research and ask people who have lived in both Australia and Canada and you will find out why. Although Australian schools are more expensive, opportunities are higher when compared to Canada. People who have lived in Australia and migrated to Canada due to issues with PR, they are finding ways to come back to Australia.

You will never understand until you live in both countries.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NB1912: 1:24am On Mar 06, 2020
ignis:

Are there more opportunities in Australia than Canada ?
Do some research and you will find out facts yourself.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NB1912: 1:30am On Mar 06, 2020
NB1912: :
Go to Australia and stop wasting time on Canada. You will thank me latter.

Studyabroad111:

You’re very right but Australia tuition is way more expensive
Yes I agree the tuition is more expensive, but in terms of opportunities, Australia is better for the future. Would you rather pay less tuition for Canada and live an average life or Pay more tuition for Australia and live a better life?

By the time people understand this, I hope it won't be too late.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 4:16am On Mar 06, 2020
Matildaben:
Good day to you
Please I am still in the process of applying for my visa and I would like to know what financial documents my dad is supposed to render to me
Is it basically only his statement of account from the bank or any other documents ?

Hello Matilda,

Financial documents
If he is a salary earner, he needs to give you his savings or chequing statement of account for the past 4-6 months, pay stubs, employment letter and other documents to prove he can easily take care of you. It is also important he gives you documents to show where he works.

If he is a business man, he needs to submit his savings/chequing statement of account, company account, CAC documents and other necessary documents to show he is financially capable of supporting you without any issues.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ishowleck: 6:34am On Mar 06, 2020
Good morning Fams!
I'm still waiting someone response on this pls.

Thank you in advance

ishowleck:
Good evening everyone.
Pls I need someone to enlighten me on documents to be submitted for study in Canada to the embassy.

Secondly, is it advisable for me to use my own business account statements or I should get someone as a sponsor?

Thanks and God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 06, 2020
Good morning it’s better you use your personal account to show as proof of sponsorship than using your business account it won’t fly .
ishowleck:
Good evening everyone.

Thanks and God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by flosure: 7:50am On Mar 06, 2020
My cousin time line

Not sure if corresponding letter is a good signal. She has to wait for so look for confirmation of her upfront medical, After two webforms upload requesting for acknowledgement or confirmation if they have received medical.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Fatkideric: 8:33am On Mar 06, 2020
Hello guys good morning.

I have been very paranoid and curious.

Since I have been unable to link my account, and I have been relying on email messenger from my email.

I got my medical request on Feb 18, did it on 28 Feb, got Bvl on 5 march and the trend here is that it usually takes 2 weeks after medicals before the Bvl to come.

I applied through paper and most applications here are online.

My question is that now that I have a BVL, how would I know my final decision since I can't link my account been unable to

Would CIC send me an e-mail for approval or what exactly because I haven't seen paper route stories here.

Please help educate me guys

Also what is letter of correspondence?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by drealsahmy(m): 9:26am On Mar 06, 2020
Which school?

jubrilx:

Hard copy or soft copy? I have received the soft copy already.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by drealsahmy(m): 9:34am On Mar 06, 2020
What was the amount for one academic year??

eddyme:
Hello, house, please i need some help..I am trying to make my school fees into Brandon university but After my claiming my student ID i am unable to login to the student, portal and the page to make tuition fee i can't find.
Please can anyone help me out.

Who has experience before, i have message the help desk but still waiting for them

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shigosmart: 10:10am On Mar 06, 2020
Nobody to respond to my questions?

(1) (2) (3) ... (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.