Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,891 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (624) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022326 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:57am On Apr 18, 2020
governorudeh:
Hello guys.

Please my sponsor is about writing the sponsorship letter. Please would she address the letter to Canadian High Commission, Abuja or Canadian High Commission, Nairobi

Your letter should be addressed to:

Canada Deputy High Commission,
4 Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:11pm On Apr 18, 2020
demure178:

I was told to do this. But when checking my dashboard, my agent didn't upload the explanation letter why there was a charge Back.
Please provide an explanation as to why there was a fee chargeback on your application. This must be received at this office by: 2019/10/17

Is there a need submitting the explanation letter through webform or i should let it be?

Please ignore since you've already paid the required fee and your profile has been updated with your details.

Be hopeful and wait for a positive outcome in your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2020
Cflow10:
@NaijaForeigner
@nochyks87
@ everyone
Good morning house,
I have a lot of questions regarding the online application, I would have appreciated if I could get any of the gurus number here either on the group or by mail and sort everything via a 5 minutes phone call. Anyway, I’ve decided to drop a question thread here to help me get some clarification on my issues. I would really appreciate getting answers to them kind Sirs/Mas
1) in which section of the online application are the additional documents meant to be uploaded (like additional certifications, birth certificate, sop, police character reports and so on)?

-‐------ Ans. 1 Additional documents are meant to be uploaded in the client database section on your Mycic account.

2) LOEs(letter of explanations) are they meant to be attached to the sections in whivh you have an explanation to give, or should you give these explanations in your sop? ( for example you want to explain your relationship to your sponsor and show how he can foot the bill and other things) in which section should this be included in?

---‐------- Ans. 2 Letter of explanation and SOP both represent same purpose. More often, applicants who have been denied a visa prefer using an LOE to address the concerns raised by the visa officer in their previous applications, while the SOP serves to address the applicant's intent to study the program in Canada, why the applicant chose the proposed school and the future career goals upon their return home. To explain the relationship with your sponsor and the funds availability for your program, this statement should come under the financial provision in your SOP. Its expected that every statement you make in your letter must be accompanied by relevant documents (family picture, proof of ongoing financial support, family tree, marriage certificate, birth certificates etc) to further buttress your claims.

3) Lastly I have a passport that expires in September, since I have a fall admission, I pray to have left the country by September by God’s grace.. would it be more advisable to review the passport before submitting or to use the existing one?

-------- Ans. 3 Its imperative that you renew your passport in Nigeria ASAP prior to applying for your visa because you can't apply for a Visa to Canada if your passport is not valid for six (6) months and above.

Thank you all very much as you attempt to help me.

Please see the above answers in bold.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Lekiboboe: 12:31pm On Apr 18, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Your letter should be addressed to:

Canada Deputy High Commission,
4 Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria.

Hello Oga Frank,

As regards this Address above..

I do see SOP addesed to Canada High Commission

But Sponsor letter is addressed to Canada Deputy High Commission

Does that mean the SOP must be address to the High Commison, & Sponsor letter addressed to Deputy High Commission?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by uche06: 12:36pm On Apr 18, 2020
Please what are my chances of getting a visa with graduate diploma in business administration or should I go for other programmes like IT From a college like langara or lambton
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:44pm On Apr 18, 2020
uche06:
Please what are my chances of getting a visa with graduate diploma in business administration or should I go for other programmes like IT From a college like langara or lambton

Your chances of securing a visa depends upon several factors which includes; First, if the PGD in business administration program is in tandem with your previous education or current employment status. Secondly, if you have the adequate financial resources to cover for the proposed program and living expenses in Canada. Lastly, If your intent to study in Canada is genuine i.e you must satisfy the visa officer that you've significant ties in Nigeria that can compel your return home after studies. Once you've sufficiently been able to address these critical concerns of the visa officer your chances are good.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hello Oga Frank,

As regards this Address above..

I do see SOP addesed to Canada High Commission

But Sponsor letter is addressed to Canada Deputy High Commission

Does that mean the SOP must be address to the High Commison, & Sponsor letter addressed to Deputy High Commission?

Thanks

Boss, they are the same thing. Whether Deputy High Commission or High commission. Several applicants have gotten their visa using any of the address names.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sinaj(f): 1:04pm On Apr 18, 2020
Efizzi:
Hi Guys, just got admission for MBA at Vancouver Island University, The fees was like 38k when applying now its 50k+. Anybody else have a better alternative for MBA? I dont want MUN
Hello Effizi

Please I would like to ask you some questions over the phone if you dont mind.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2020
Bruan:
Please after how many months or weeks after getting my study visa(for a two year study) can I apply for spousal open work permit for my wife?

There is no set out timeframe by IRCC for you to be able to file for your wife's SOWP. Once you've successfully arrived Canada, secured an apartment and currently pursuing your program in a designated learning institution (DLI). You can absoutely apply for your wife to accompany you to Canada.

The list of required documents for a SOWP are as follows;
1-) Proof of your tuition receipt,
2-) Admission letter,
3-) Stamped page of your Canadian Visa,
4-) Study permit,
5-) Proof of enrollment in the school (list of registered courses).
6-) Proof of funding (please refer to the current financal cut-off for LICO and make sure you're using LICO for your proof of funds)
7-) Documents to show proof of relationship with your spouse (marriage certificate, wedding photos etc).
8-) Proof of sufficient ties that would compel you and your spouse return home (Aged parents which basically rely upon her for care and support, landed property documents, buildings, investments in the bank, proof of registered business certificate etc).
9-) Letter of explanation from you (explaining why your spouse should join you in Canada and how important your marriage is to both of you and why you can't leave her to stay alone in Nigeria and where she will staying in Canada (your address) etc).
10-) A letter of explanation from your spouse (detailing why she should join you in Canada with your kids (if any) etc..)
11-) International Bio data page (for you)
12-) International bio data page (for spouse)

The list goes on and on... these are few important requirements for a SOWP.

It will end in praise.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Lekiboboe: 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Boss, they are the same thing. Whether Deputy High Commission or High commission. Several applicants have gotten their visa using any of the address names.
Thanks so much ODOGWU

Noted!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Thanks so much ODOGWU

Noted!!!

Daalu nwanne m.

Feel free to ask questions here should you have any questions or concerns.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by LordAA(m): 1:35pm On Apr 18, 2020
Hello everyone.

Please do I need a Guaranteed Investment certificate (GIC) for the student visa application?
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 1:36pm On Apr 18, 2020
LordAA:
Hello everyone.

Please do I need a Guaranteed Investment certificate (GIC) for the student visa application?
Thanks.

You don't require a Guaranteed Investment certificate (GIC) for the student visa application. This is basically a requirement for study visa applicants from Indian.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 1:47pm On Apr 18, 2020
Chikaima18:
Hello house, trust we are all keeping safe. Please I need your opinion. Today makes my application 7 weeks old, which is the TAT on Canada website for processing Nigerian applications. Early march my medical changed to passed, after some time, it changed back to we do not need any medical at the moment story. I was planning on sending contacting the Kenya team today for update. However, yesterday I received my BVL.
What does this mean and will you advise that I should still send them an email for update on my application?

Thank you house as you share your experience.

When did you undergo this medical exam?, is it upto a year?.

From the wisdom of my experiences it's appears that your previous medicals have expired, hence why it changed from Medical Passed -----> You do not need a medical exam.. Also, I'm sorry to say that a negative decision has already been reached on your application. You should therefore be expecting further correspondence from IRCC by next week. In the meantime, you don't have to send them an email for update on your application.

Keep the house posted on the outcome of your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by LordAA(m): 1:52pm On Apr 18, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

You don't require a Guaranteed Investment certificate (GIC) for the student visa application. This is basically a requirement for study visa applicants from Indian.

Thank you so much Frank.

Please how can one move money from Nigeria to Canada or show POF at the airport on arrival.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 2:06pm On Apr 18, 2020
LordAA:

Thank you so much Frank.

Please how can one move money from Nigeria to Canada or show POF at the airport on arrival.

You can move money from Nigeria to Canada by changing your Naira currency to USD in any of the Bureau De change offices. You can as well as open a Domiciliary account and deposit the required amount in the account while you make the withdrawals/exchange to CAD in Canada. Alternatively, you can request for Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) from your designated bank in Nigeria. The maximum amount allowed for PTA is $4,000.

As stated on IRCC official website, that the Canadian customs regulations require you to declare if you are bringing more than CAN $10,000 into Canada at the point of entry. If you don’t tell them, you may be fined, and your funds could be seized.

These funds could be in the form of:

1-) cash (dollar ----> most preferable).
2-) documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.)
3-) documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders).
4-) Bank Statements.

I hope this helps.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vsylva(m): 2:09pm On Apr 18, 2020
Hello @Frankrobbn1 @NaijaForeigner i will like you take on this i shared earlier...

Original Post
vsylva:

vsylva:
Hello Guys... quick one.. so i got admitted to Georgian College last year i deferred my admission to this year because of POF as my Aunt i wanted to use as co sponsor changed her mind suddenly (long story). so i decided to raise the money myself and be my sole sponsor as i dont have one rich uncle or aunt like most people.. and my folks aint that buoyant. My tuition for a year is $17,070.07.

From my projection of income from projects (im a software developer) i should have about N9million in 3 months. Will that be enough to use as POF being that School fees for a year @$17,070.07 + one year living expense @$10,000 + $3000 extra to cover flight and anything else comes to $30,070.07 thats about N8,419,619.6.

I am Married with 3 kids i run my own company.. i am not going with my family.. just going alone.

Questions Asked of me
mcobex:

Is your program for a year? if yes then you have enough to ahead, but if it is beyond one year then you still don't have enough. As a self sponsored student, it will be required of you to have funds to cover the entire duration of your program.
Also, is your wife working? If she is then you can say she earns enough to take care of the children while you are away (if not you will have to explain to the vo how you intend to carter for them while you are studying since they are your responsibility).

My Response
vsylva:

My Program is 2 yrs. My Wife owns her own business and makes her own income she can fend for the kids while im away but at the same time i have a separated account for 3million naira (100k a month + extra expense) for the wife and kids.. this is outside my POF... (that one is a no brainier).
So basically since i am self sponsored you are saying i need to have POF to cover both years tuition and cost of living which comes to about 15million Hmmm... if not for the Covid-19 that would have been a possible target to hit in 3 months... If i cant raise up to that what ever i raise i will try to make sure i at least have 10million... i cant kill myself...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 2:56pm On Apr 18, 2020
segzyndpep:

Good evening sir,i am scared right now because i use my company bank as financial proof.I am the owner of the company and i already paid the first semester fee,my wife is a signatory to the account and i also proof that aswell.I dont have money on my personal bank account so i didnt use it at all.I state that she will continue with the operation of the company while i am away.What is my faith?I wouldnt mind having your email sir.

You've no problem using your company account as the primary POF for your visa application. The post you quoted, was actually referring to applicant who is currently an employee in his/her respective place of work and now using company/employer's sponsorship as POF for a study visa application. Your case is quite different and appears logical in the Canadian immigration because you're the bonafide owner of this business and not an employee.

Keep all hope alive and don't be frightened.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by segzyndpep(m): 3:06pm On Apr 18, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

You've no problem using your company account as the primary POF for your visa application. The post you quoted, was actually referring to applicant who is currently an employee in his/her respective place of work and now using company/employer's sponsorship as POF for a study visa application. Your case is quite different and appears logical in the Canadian immigration because you're the bonafide owner of this business and not an employee.

Keep all hope alive and don't be frightened.

It will end in praise

Thank you sir,i really appreciate you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Lekiboboe: 3:09pm On Apr 18, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Daalu nwanne m.

Feel free to ask questions here should you have any questions or concerns.

It will end in praise.

Alright Oga Frank... smiley

I will .... Thanks for your time

Chukwu gozie gị

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by LordAA(m): 3:13pm On Apr 18, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

You can move money from Nigeria to Canada by changing your Naira currency to USD in any of the Bureau De change offices. You can as well as open a Domiciliary account and deposit the required amount in the account while you make the withdrawals/exchange to CAD in Canada. Alternatively, you can request for Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) from your designated bank in Nigeria. The maximum amount allowed for PTA is $4,000.

As stated on IRCC official website, that the Canadian customs regulations require you to declare if you are bringing more than CAN $10,000 into Canada at the point of entry. If you don’t tell them, you may be fined, and your funds could be seized.

2-) documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.)
3-) documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders).
4-) Bank Statements.

I hope this helps.

Yes Mr. Frank

Thank you Nwanne.
I'm grateful for your assistance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 3:51pm On Apr 18, 2020
Hammedbankole:

Thank you very much please I want to find out with this covid 19 still causing lock down.... is it possible to start my online application process? I mean is the online portal open for applications? What of the biometrics?

The COVID-19 pandemic doesn't stop you from applying for your visa. The IRCC online portal is active and applications are still been processed by the Visa officers at the Canadian embassy. Kindly refer to my previous post about the subject matter and the source from IRCC news.

MY PREVUOUS POST.

IRCC NEWS.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 18, 2020
Please sir an applicant whose sponsor is to pay 28k that’s tuition and living expenses and also Another 16k that’s for tuition and living expenses
Totaling it to 44,000CAD
Please how much can he show in his statement of account that his fit to sponsor both parties
Frankrobbn1:

The COVID-19 pandemic doesn't stop you from applying for your visa. The IRCC online portal is active and applications are still been processed by the officer officers at the Canadian embassy. Kindly refer to my previous post about the subject matter and IRCC news.

MY PREVUOUS POST.

IRCC NEWS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 4:02pm On Apr 18, 2020
Matildaben:

Please sir an applicant whose sponsor is to pay 28k that’s tuition and living expenses and also Another 16k that’s for tuition and living expenses
Totaling it to 44,000CAD
Please how much can he show in his statement of account that his fit to sponsor both parties

Do you mean a sponsor financing two applications at same time?. Or different sponsors for two different applications?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 18, 2020
Two at the same time And also two different sponsors.

And also sir please a standard CV I’m I meant to add my referees or put available upon request ??
God bless
Frankrobbn1:

Do you mean a sponsor financing two applications at same time?. Or different sponsors for two different applications?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by May06: 4:20pm On Apr 18, 2020
Hello everyone,

Trust you are all keeping safe. Please I would be grateful if you could share with me your thoughts/experience on (a) showing proof of funding; and (b) claiming sufficient family ties to return to Nigeria, when applying for a study permit from the IRCC.

(a) I have been offered admission into a one year Masters program at the UBC, Vancouver and plan to apply for a study permit. I understand from the Study permit application requirements that a student is required to show proof of sufficient funding for at least one year equivalent to the value of the tuition + living expenses of about 10,000cad. However, I would like to know if the VO, in considering the tuition, assumes that ancillary fees like insurance, textbooks and other student fees are inclusive- or is the tuition interpreted by the VO as strictly just "school fees"?

(b) On claim of showing sufficient family ties, Will the fact that an applicant has a married sibling (blood sister) who also entered Canada through the same route( that is, by doing a Masters), and now resides in canada as a Permanent resident negatively impact the applicant's claim of having sufficient family ties to return to canada, especially if the applicant is unmarried?

Please share with me your thoughts on the above. Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SetZ(m): 4:32pm On Apr 18, 2020
Pls any Jan/Feb applicant here any update on your time line
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Lekiboboe: 4:35pm On Apr 18, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

4-) Bank Statements.

I hope this helps.

Nice one ..

OK Oga Frank, I be wan ask

Since I am bin sponsored by my Dad,

1) Can I go with $7,265 USD cash which Amounts to $10,200CAD (LE) or Probably any other amount within the range of $5000 CAD - $10,000 CAD ?

2)You talked about PTA , since the LE is in my Sponsor account, how can I get access to the $4,000 USD

3) Since I heard they do ask for POF at the Point Of Entry (Airport) ,in what way am I gonna show this to d Officer who gonna issue the Study Permit.

3) For security reasons, can someone get a bank to register on that day of arrival, so as not to be carrying this cash up and down
Or what Suitable advice can u give me

Thanks...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 4:55pm On Apr 18, 2020
Matildaben:
Two at the same time And also two different sponsors.

And also sir please a standard CV I’m I meant to add my referees or put available upon request ??
God bless

Sponsor 1 - should have more than 28k in his account i.e 14M is adequate enough. Sponsor must certify in his letter of sponsorship that sponsoring the applicant's education and stay in Canada will not pose to be a burden to his family, business or personal welfare and must further confirm the fact that funds will be accessible during applicant's studies in Canada.

Sponsor 2 - Should have an available balance of 9M and above in his account.

Available on request is fine for the resume. Unless in the case that you're seeking for funding in a designated institution, then you might want to include the name and contact of your referees on the resume.

It will end in praise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nannanie10: 4:59pm On Apr 18, 2020
Hello Oga Frank.

Thank for all you do here and via emails. God is your reward.

Please, can I use statement of generated online in visa application? I have difficulty getting bank statement due to this lockdown. Also notlrising some letters is practically impossible. Am I missing something? I need advice on how to go about all of these as time is moving very fast.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kaycevit: 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2020
U can still notarize ur documents depending on your location
nannanie10:
Hello Oga Frank.

Please, can I use statement of generated online in visa application? I have difficulty getting bank statement due to this lockdown. Also notlrising some letters is practically impossible. Am I missing something? I need advice on how to go about all of these as time is moving very fast.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 5:22pm On Apr 18, 2020
nannanie10:
Hello Oga Frank.

Thanks

A bank statement generated online can be used for your visa application. Nigerian commercial banks like the Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) have now made it easier for their customers to acquire a signed and stamped SOA without visiting any of their branches. In view of the foregoing, I would suggest you should make a brief explanation in your letter sighting at the difficulty of getting a hard copy of SOA from the bank due to the current global pandemic lockdown. The situation is very understandable and the visa officer will acknowledge the SOA and move forward with the verification of its authenticity with the bank.

You don't have to notarize any of your documents if the documents have an official stamp or signature.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to reach out here for assistance.

It will end in praise

(1) (2) (3) ... (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.