Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (629) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022661 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Lekiboboe: 4:47pm On Apr 20, 2020
Annettevoke:
pls house is GTBank and Zenithtbank issuing the MYBANKSTATEMENT ticket yet? I have tried requesting online and in the bank but to no avail, the bank officer said they dont know about it. has anyone gotten from GTBank or Zenithbank? pls advise @Mr Frank. Thanks
Probably its the Lockdown that has paralyzed some of this Banking Activiy , and also whether not all Branches of GTbank or Zenth Bank has that ability to issue MyBank Statement Ticket..

Do check this video out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSnvnvLcI5k

This sample was made using GTBANK ONLINE to request MyBank Statement Ticket

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Annettevoke(f): 5:17pm On Apr 20, 2020
Thanks

Lekiboboe:

Probably its the Lockdown that has paralyzed some of this Banking Activiy , and also whether not all Branches of GTbank or Zenth Bank has that ability to issue MyBank Statement Ticket..

Do check this video out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSnvnvLcI5k

This sample was made using GTBANK ONLINE to request MyBank Statement Ticket
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oyesquare10: 5:22pm On Apr 20, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

As I always advice prospective applicants on this thread, that the Canadian Visa officers doesn't regard company sponsorship for a candidate (employee) seeking for career advancement in Canada and the fact that no matter the amount in the company's account, the applicant's study visa application will still be turned down on the basis of financial insufficiency. This is as a result of several factors which I have listed in my previous post about Employer's sponsorship.

I prefer you're self-sponsored applicant, while your company provides a cover letter confirming the fact that you will be absorbed upon your return with a promotion in office and an increase in salary as the case maybe.

As per the direction of the visa process, follow the LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR A SUCCESSFUL CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION to begin your application.

It will end in praise.

Hello,
I got admitted to UNBC in Canada for September 2020 Semester.
I plan to go toCanada with my wife to be ( May 16). The marriage was supposed to be in early April but was shifted to May.
My aunt is my sponsor and she have enough money required to sponsor us.
What are my chances?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oyesquare10: 5:28pm On Apr 20, 2020
BizAdvisor:
Good day House. I have been admitted into the MBA program of University of Northern British Columbia. Canada. The program starts August 4.

I have been asked to pay an Intentional deposit of $7500CAD before my admission letter will be sent to me. This is required when applying for the study permit. I want to know what Proof of finance I can use. I presently work for a consulting company.

Pls can I say my company will be paying my tuition fees of $8000 CAD ler semester.. Can I upload my company bank statement as evidence.

What is the likely hood of geering the study permit as I intend to get a loan to pay the $7500CAD.

Also I will like any direct help on the study permit application. process.

Thanks

Hi.
I got admitted to UNBC also, Masters of Engineering Integrated Wood Design for September 2020 Semester.

How's the processing going? Am yet to make the deposit payment due to this current pandemic.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ajumosk: 5:32pm On Apr 20, 2020
Please, how else can one submit passport for study permit since VFS offices are on temporary lockdown?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Lekiboboe: 5:41pm On Apr 20, 2020
Annettevoke:
Thanks

U are welcome
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 6:20pm On Apr 20, 2020
Hi all!

Greetings from Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada.

How is everyone finding this situation of Covid-19? And I do hope you're all stay safe please!

Wishing all those still waiting for their study permit decision success and those also yet to apply.

Cheers,
Ayodeji.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by wongwe: 6:28pm On Apr 20, 2020
Ayodeji786:
Hi all!

Greetings from Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada.

How is everyone finding this situation of Covid-19? And I do hope you're all stay safe please!

Wishing all those still waiting for their study permit decision success and those also yet to apply.

Cheers,
Ayodeji.

Thanks for the wish. I applied to memorial university. Yet to get a decision though. Can we possibly connect via email?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 20, 2020
Evening
Adetayoade1:
Good evening house , trust we are all doing great please, I have finally Come to plead and would really appreciate any one who can help me vet my SOP please I’ll be really grateful thanks In advance !!
God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 20, 2020
Tbh it’s a bit dodgy that an aunt has to sponsor a full fledge man who is getting married as well. Your finance is not very strong honestly. The VO will be wondering why an Aunt will want to sponsor you & your wife. Why will she want to make such investment? What does she stand to gain? I guess it depends on how you explain it though.

All The Best
Oyesquare10:

Hello,
I got admitted to UNBC in Canada for September 2020 Semester.
I plan to go toCanada with my wife to be ( May 16). The marriage was supposed to be in early April but was shifted to May.
My aunt is my sponsor and she have enough money required to sponsor us.
What are my chances?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 20, 2020
No one can actually vet your SOP because no one can guarantee you a visa (except you mean grammatical errors) . Only the VO can. You should also be careful of who you send it to. Make sure it’s not a fellow applicant, else you risk your SOP getting plagiarised and that can affect you later.

All The Best
Adetayoade1:
Evening

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Taymi: 6:55pm On Apr 20, 2020
Qudkom:
In reference to the recent Covid-19 virus some certain provinces in Canada are already making plans to reduce some of the restrictions therefore by mid march things are hopefully expected to relax. I can say for sure that British Columbia will relax some of their restrictions. So if you are enrolled into any school in BC then there is hope. I personally don't see the logic of paying so much fees are been confined to online courses from your home country.

Hello bro
I sent you an email please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Iphiegrace(f): 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2020
Please what is BVL
I have been seeing it on this platform.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 20, 2020
shocked Thanks sigh
Wunaarroon69:
No one can actually vet your SOP because no one can guarantee you a visa (except you mean grammatical errors) . Only the VO can. You should also be careful of who you send it to. Make sure it’s not a fellow applicant, else you risk your SOP getting plagiarised and that can affect you later.

All The Best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 20, 2020
Biometrics Validity letter
Iphiegrace:
Please what is BVL

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kelly011: 7:13pm On Apr 20, 2020
kindly link me up with the guy that helped you out with the sop and loe .thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 7:14pm On Apr 20, 2020
wongwe:

Thanks for the wish. I applied to memorial university. Yet to get a decision though. Can we possibly connect via email?

Which program and course did you applied for? Hopefully next month latest, you will get the decision
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 20, 2020
You can email Frankrobbn1 or other gurus to see if they can help you but they can’t really do much because they don’t know your profile. However it’s worth a try
Adetayoade1:
shocked Thanks sigh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 20, 2020
God bless you
Wunaarroon69:
You can email Frankrobbn1 or other gurus to see if they can help you but they can’t really do much because they don’t know your profile. However it’s worth a try
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kaycevit: 7:20pm On Apr 20, 2020
Iphiegrace:
Please what is BVL
have u gotten any update on ur Application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kelly011: 7:48pm On Apr 20, 2020
Good evening house please has any one applied for Douglas college in Bc for September admission . I have been admitted there and I have paid the tuition deposit . I would appreciate if I can find someone applying to same school here . Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tstunt: 8:09pm On Apr 20, 2020
Good evening my people!

I have a couple of issues I need your wisdom. I will highlight each questions and hope to get your suggestions.

1. I have shares in 3 companies and I want to use them as home ties in my application but in recent times bank share has plummeted making my unit share to worth nothing at all. Should I still include them as my home ties?

2. I have a land that was gifted to me by my father. He has sworn affidavit that states he is giving me the land as my own part of his inheritance. Is that enough proof to lay claim to the land as my own as I intend to use it as my asset?

3. Me and my partner are into a project in providing social services. We just started the NGO registration before the lockdown, although we are just emerging as we became the whole process February this year.

My concern is, in my SOP I included it but my intentions was to draw VO's mind to that fact that I have a social responsibility to Nigeria and that I will be coming back after my studies to continue with the structures we have in place. Will that also serve as a strong home tie considering the NGO registration is on hold currently because of the lockdown and I don't have a proof to show that our work exists?

4. My father has a registered company and I want to include it as a home tie even though I have not worked there. Is it enough home tie?

5. My sponsor just informed me that she won't be giving me her employment letter (she has a PR in Canada) and she will only provide me with her payslips. Is the payslips enough to prove to the VO my sponsor's employment details? Won't it affect my application if I don't have my sponsor's employment letter?

6. Since banks are not in operation, will using MYBANKSTATEMENT be an option in showing my proof of fund since I'm not applying through NSE?

*I'm sorry for the long post and most of them focuses on solidifying my home ties. Please your suggestions are needed. Thank you all and God bless.*

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nuli123: 8:32pm On Apr 20, 2020
Kaycevit:
When did u apply and when did u receive ur rejection letter?

I applied in February and got the rejection letter on the 7th of April.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nuli123: 8:33pm On Apr 20, 2020
Yads97:

Really sorry.
Have you ordered your GCMS notes?
If you haven’t, you should immediately.

I am trying to but I read there that it’s for people who are presently in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:34pm On Apr 20, 2020
Good evening house. Please with Bsc degree in Economics (3rd class) and only 3 passes in ACCA; MA(F2), FA(F3) and CBL(F4). Do I still have a chance of studying a master's in Canada. I graduated 12 years ago.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Insanity(m): 8:40pm On Apr 20, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Insanity,

Most applicants tending to migrate through the EE route only familiarize themselves with the Federal Skill Worker Program which the CRS keeps increasing. However, its also advised that Nigerian applicants (mostly) should start familiarizing themselves with and exploring the Provincial Nominee Programs especially when the CRS is low. After the draw, applicants with a low CRS who also looked to the way of the PNP may succeed by getting nominated or by been able to secure an employer (which is not easy though because the NOC type must be what the provincr you are applying to requires) which by that gives the applicant an automatic 600 points plus the already had score which exceeds the required CRS for both the FSWP and PNP. Also keep in mind that the requirements for the PNP varies in each provinces. Let me put a stop here.

Answering your questions:

1. If you do not want to explore the PNP route, then with your low CRS, it will be better if your withdraw your application before putting in a new application for your SP. We all know dual intent is allowed and recognized by IRCC and the VOs themselves which applicants have been guaranteed that it won't pose no harm to their TRV application. But however, the VOs act upon their discretion and not to be trusted at any time until the stamped passport has been retrieved and safely in your possession. Since you are still in the pool and with low CRS and with your WHOLEHEART now diverted to the SP route, you may consider withdrawing before applying for your TRV.

2. If they have other means of identification i.e. Nimc, International Passport, Driver's License or other government recognized and valid documents that clearly state their personal bio-data can be used as substitute. If you have your current employment letter and other documents that shows any work experience, you are good to go. In the other hand prior to when the lockdown has been lifted HOPEFULLY in May, you can send them through the CSE or email.

3. No, it won't affect your application. For now, worry less about which account your funds is breathing through.

All the best.

Thanks a lot for your comments.

I am on, if not all, the PNPs out there, that's for those that my occupation is in-demand. It's really not easy, I've expressed interest in SASK, NOVA, PEI, Quebec etc. In Alberta, my occupation is not eligible for their notification. Manitoba, I don't have a connection there. I'm NOC 2131, If you have any info you can update me please.

For SP application, I might need to start with what I have, I am just worried if they don't call off this lockdown then my application might be denied. Some of my home tie documents such as personal property documents are still pending due to this lockdown.

My previous employments are my only employment as I am currently unemployed, so it's quite dicey. Though, I have the reference letters I got from my previous employments for my Express Entry profile but they are not updated to when I stopped working, so it might look like I am still working, which I don't want to do.

Thanks a lot for you assistance on this. I may wait till next month to see if the lockdown is called off before I start my application. I just hope not to be too late by then, the waiting period is quite long.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Iphiegrace(f): 8:49pm On Apr 20, 2020
Kaycevit:
have u gotten any update on ur Application?

I applied 30th of March and got instant update to undergo Biometrics the next day.
I did one in 2014 which was valid till 2024.
My status was updated on April 9th that Biometrics was done.
The last letter there is still Biometrics Request Letter.
I wanted to be sure it’s not BVL
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Iphiegrace(f): 8:50pm On Apr 20, 2020
Adetayoade1:
Biometrics Validity letter

Thank you Dear
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 20, 2020
Done
Insanity:

Please can you DM for the same contacts. I am currently drafting my SOP and I will need some expert review when I am done.

Thanks and regards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.